Having problems with Lowe's?

Lowe's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 31, 2006. The latest review Lowes delivery service was posted on Jun 12, 2021. The latest complaint Unethical behavior was resolved on Apr 30, 2020. Lowe's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 975 reviews. Lowe's has resolved 231 complaints.

Lowe's Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 445 6937 (Customer Care)
+1 877 465 6937 (Sales & Product Assistance)
+1 800 444 1408 (Consumer, Commercial Business Accounts)
+1 800 890 5932 (Technical Issues)
+1 866 232 7443 (Commercial Accounts Receivable Accounts)
1000 Lowes Boulevard
Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lowe's Customer Service. Initial Lowe's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lowe's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lowe's. Discuss the issues you have had with Lowe's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Lowe's Complaints & Reviews

Lowe's Home Improvementextended service plan

First of all, I want to tell everyone not to shop at Lowe's for major appliances OR buy their extended service/protection plan. We purchased a Samsung French Door refrigerator/freezer from Lowe's as well as the extended protection plan. The handle which is used to open the freezer door broke. Specifically, there are plastic pieces inside the freezer door that broke, which renders the unit useless. Let me add that this issue is not cosmetic. Anyway, Lowe's refused to honor the warranty and replace the door because it is "unintentional damage" and therefore the repair is not covered. This makes no sense to me because the protection plan covers "normal wear and tear." Also, once a service technician advises Lowe's that the damage is unintentional damage, the repair cannot be re-reviewed. Please make note of this if you are indeed buying a major appliance and/or an extended protection plan from Lowe's.

Lowes — lowes customer service

I special ordered 3 items from Lowes. Never again. The first item came damaged. The second item was shattered...

Lowes — lowes protection plan for a refrigerator

9-6-17 I am still currently waiting on my food spoilage decision from LPP. They have given me the run around...

Lowe's Home Improvementrefrigerator

On August 4th, 2017 my wife and I ordered a GE French Door refrigerator from the Lowe's location in Waxhaw, NC which we paid for by credit card. We asked that the unit be delivered and installed no later than August 18th since we would be out of town for a week after that date. We were assured that the delivery date was acceptable. We received a call the day before to confirm the delivery/installation time which was a 2 hour window. The delivery time came and went with no calls from Lowe's to advise of any problems. Finally, I called the delivery number and was told that the unit was not in a place that the delivery group could access and the unit would not be delivered. We set an new delivery time for August 26th. We did not receive a confirming phone call the evening prior to verify the 2 hour window for the delivery so at 9:00 pm I called the delivery number and was told that the unit would be delivered between 8:30 and 10:30 am on the 26th. 10:30 came and went and no phone calls from anyone so at 12:00 I called the delivery number and was told the unit was damaged and it would have to be re-ordered. Again, the communication between the customer and Lowe's is non-existent at best. They don't even respect their customers to update them if problems arise .Even when I copied the President of Lowe's (Robert.A.[protected]@lowes.com) it didn't seem to make a difference. I have copied him on multiple occasions and have not yet heard from him or any of his direct reports. All I get is the run around.

After these 2 failed attempts I told the representative to cancel the order! I told them I would purchase the refrigerator elsewhere which I did. The customer service representative said that she had cancelled the order on the 26th. A day latter I receive an e-mail informing me my purchase had been delivered and my credit card was charged $2, 107.56. I immediately called customer service and was told a credit had been issued. As of 2:36 pm on September 6th I have received no credit to my account. I will never purchase big ticket items from Lowe's in the future even if I have to pay more.

Lowe's Home Improvementdelivery damages

I purchased A refrigerator in may that was to be delivered in 3 weeks. It ended up taken 5 weeks to be delivered. I had to keep calling the store for updates and was told excuses that employees called off on several occasions delaying the delivery. When they did finally show up at my house without a phone call I was at work but they said they could take it in the house without me there. When I got home I found my entry door damaged and the new freezer door damaged. I did call the store and was told someone would be out to fix the entry door and a new freezer door would be ordered. I can't get an answer when I call now. I just keep getting past around and am still waiting almost 3 months now. I have a new refrigerator sitting my hallway that is taking up room and didn't even plug it in yet. When I asked was told I can't even return it because it's past 30 days. I don't want to throw away a two thousand dollar appliance and have to fix my recently install entry door just because they couldn't make a phone call or send an experienced delivery person

Lowespurchase & install a standard dishwasher

I ordered a standard dishwasher from Lowes on Aug 7 and I was told at that time, I would be called on Aug 22 or 23 to schedule the install date. It is Aug 30 and I CANNOT find out the status of my dishwasher. I call the store in Mission Valley, CA and they constantly hang-up on me and/or we get disconnected and they never call me back. I called corporate customer care and they experienced the same issue with that store. The corporate customer care associate finally provided me status which was "My dishwasher was just delivered to the store in Mission Valley, CA" and that someone would call me either today or tomorrow to schedule the install. WE WILL SEE!!! This experience has been nothing but a NIGHTMARE.

Lowes Washington, MO — gutters

In early May this I had agreed on new gutters with Lowes in Washington, mo. The gentleman who did the bid...

Lowe's Home Improvement — troy-bilt horse xp with 20 hp kohler courage engine

My 72 year old (at the time) mother went to Lowe's in Corbin Ky to look at mowers. She told the salesman that...

Lowe's Home Improvement — pressure washer

In April 2015, I bought a pressure washer from Loews along with the 3 year Protection Plan. I used the...

Lowesdishwasher (bosch), rebate offer

I am attempting to collect a rebate due me and my wife from the purchase of a Bosch dishwasher. The purchase was made on [protected] on the phone with a very, very nice gentleman(salesman). I received ALL our paper work over the internet from the purchase. All except, for the very bottom of the sales receipt just below the receipt under the heading "REQUIREMENTS". Amazing, this piece of paper work has since DELAYED the receiving of our rebate. I have called and called and, written numerous times trying to collect the rebate. Is it really so stiff a penalty to be late on applying for the rebate? I have been rejected so many times I am shame to tell just how many times. I still shop at our local Lowe's and really hate the way I am being treated on such a item that is truly due me and my wife. If anyone can offer any kind of recourse, I am all ears! To end this complaint I thank all for listening and just hope that someone will come through solve this for us.

Sincerely,

Homeowners of Porter Heights, Texas

Loweshr

At the end of July I was injured at work due to a store managers actions. I was out for almost 2 weeks then released for limited lifting. X rays showed a 2 inch separation in the shoulder. I am enrolled in nursing school and was forced to drop one of my classes due to the injury. This cost me almost $700, and I am trying to get Lowes to make it right. I'm being told to get a attorney and sue them but I just want the cost of the class covered. HR at the local store was relocated to corporate and I can not get a responce through email. Ignoring the problem will not make it go away and if I don't get some resolution soon I will be forced to get legal help.

Lowe's Home Improvementkitchen cabinet design and purchase

Almost 3 months ago this hellacious process started. The tear out and install should have taken a month at most. I have drawers that hit the handles of opposing drawers which prevents them from opening up all the way and I have TWO different styles of cabinets!! I paid for the expensive Kraftmaid brand and what they sent was something less. The entire process has been a nightmare and Lowes and it's upper management chose to not stand behind the customer much less their work. DO NOT Do business with Lowes for kitchen remodels much less design.

kitchen cabinet design and purchase

Lowe's Home Improvementlazy employees

Where else you can find the same terrible customer service with lazy and poor employees? I ordered an item with the next day picking up and came to take it away. I was said that my order hasn't arrived yet and I came early. I told him that it's urgent and I need my order today as it was said on their website. But the answer was the same. While I was rewriting the list, the employee went away. I don't know where. I asked the second one to help me. If he really did, I would not be writing this complaint. But unfortunately, your service is a complete mess!

Loweshotpointdyer

I bought a new dyer in May stop working three weeks later only way it would work is hold it shut with your knee. They came to fix dyer on 8/7/2017 had to replace switch and fix the door. Glad I bought extened warranty just very mad cost me 407.95 for product should not have to get it fixed in a few weeks. It still don't work great. I will never buy a hotpoint product again I work very hard for my money.

Lowe's Home Improvementdefective swisher zero-turn mower

How would you feel if you went to your trusted home improvement store and experienced this:
                    After extensive online research on zero turn riding mowers I go to Lowe's to buy what appears to be a well-made machine from Swisher, 66in 11-gauge cutting deck with 3 gator mulching blades, commercial grade, heavy duty, hydro gear transmission, 27 HP Briggs & Stratton, electric start with Swisher's rapid response control system and Lowe's 4-year extended protection plan for ONLY $ 5309.61 and pay with my Lowe's card on 6/1/2016
                    The Swisher machine was delivered to central NY last summer, we used the machine for 40+ HRS and stored the machine indoors before winter. When my husband intended to mow the lawn in 2017 season he noticed the zero turn was not working properly so we called Lowe's Advantage protection plan for service. After a few episodes of picking up and bringing back the zero turn still failed. Lowe's protection plan picked up the machine on June 4th with 46 hours of use and since then we have not seeing the machine or heard nothing reliable about what's really happening with the machine. All this time we called Linda at the protection plan to get updates, since she rarely reached out to us to let us know what was going on. After over a month of the machine being in the shop Linda did not answer our calls. Instead whenever we called we got an answering machine and never received a call again. After that we realized this was not a normal situation, we called Lowe's customer service and filed a complaint. Customer service manager named Daniel (ID# 2140874) said he would look into it and will call us back with a response or solution. This never happened and after we complaint several times with Lowe's customer service we still received no answers or any call back.
                    Then we decided to call Advantage protection plan and to our surprise they have no knowledge of our complaint through Lowe's customer service and were told very casually to relax since the machine still at the repair shop and they have not scheduled delivery for it because other issues came up. All this after two months since they picked up the machine as it was a normal situation. By this time we had already bought an used mower because we need one. At this point we told protection plan we didn't feel comfortable with was happening with the machine and we wanted to return it and get full refund. Protection plan said they were going to call us to help us solve this problem but again, like always, they never called us back.
                    Finally customer service manager named Eritt (ID# 2249012) told my daughter that they were doing customer satisfaction buyout but never heard from him again.
                    Corporate executive named Allison called me to say she decided the buyout is not an option but needed more time to investigate our case. We find inconsiderate for corporate to request more time when this issue has caused enough emotional stress, time consuming, money waste after two and a half months if suffering frustration and disappoinment with Lowe's customer service.

Lowe's Home Improvementkitchenaid refrigerator

I purchased a refrigerator Nov. 24, 2015 from Lowe's. I did not receive the correct refrigerator until Feb. 2, 2016. Lowe's sent the wrong one the first time, and salesman never order a new one until I called him to complain. Then Lowe's sent a damaged refrigerator, and I had to wait another six weeks to finally receive the right one. Then in July 2016, the freezer had ice on it and I had to wait until October 10, 2016 before the door was installed.
                      Guess what! Here it is August 2017, and I have ice on the freezer door again!
                      I have called and made an appointment with repair man from Lowe's Service department and they can't get here until the end of August. Then I will have to wail another three months to get the door. One thing for sure, I am glad I purchased the Protection Plan but the wait is ridiculous.

Lowes Stow, Ohioflooring

We have gone to Lowes for all of our home reneeds from buying Flowers appliances renovating our kitchen and carpet. This time as we always have we went to Lowes for a new ceramic wood look plank tile. We ordered had it delivered was given a install date. We removed all of our old flooring ourself so we were living on the plywood under the flooring. Needless to say I was very excited for the in stalker to come out. He came! As I hear him sighing every now and then I ask him if something is wrong. (He started nothing) he kept going in and out of the house. Finally he spoke and said he could not lay the tile for there was a very small part of the floor was not level. I was upset but understood and assumed is a solution. According to him my choice was a vinyl floor I then got really upset. He said there was nothing he could do. He left I got on the phone to find out what the next step would be. I explained and was put on hold for 30 minutes and got disconnected. Called again explained again and adding on now about being on hold. I was told by the installer someone would call me too. Well I never got that call.they gave me no solution I had all this flooring in my garage without an answer. I called Home Depot explained to them what was going on and the level issue. ( by the way my installer said they don't do what I needed) Home Depot could not believe an installer would not know how to level or would do it. They sad that would me no problem for them. So. Called my Lowes and told them the situation and to come pick up the products in my garage I know longer trusted who they use to install. Home Depot came out before I ordered my floor the issue was fixable and the installer will be taking care of it. Lowes left me hangin gave me no solution never called me so I am very disappointed. Besides everything this installer told me he only had two hours of sleep the night before his hands were shaking very bad. I really don't think he wanted the job or put in the extra work that would need to be done. All I wanted was a solution from someone and I got nothing. The more I have sat on this and still do not have my floors because H D installers are busy until the sept. 11 when my job will be done. I thought someone should know about about their installers.

Lowe's Home Improvementsamsung refrigerator

Purchased a Samsung refrigerator from Lowes we purchased a 3 yr extended warranty. One yr later the compresser went out we were without a refrigerator for 2 weeks. In June of 2017 it started to make a loud noise and no ice they have replaced the ice maker put in freeon adjusted and the last time the service man said the water line was frozen we had ice for a couple of days yesterday the loud noise started again and no ice.this refrigerator is obviously a defective product. Because today is August 2nd and the warranty expired on July 31 they will cover any repairs. I'm tired and I want a new refrigerator so they have left me no choice but to go to Consumer Affairs

Lowes — vinyl flooring and shower unit

Ordered 1900 shower from laurel mountain through Lowes, Waterloo, Ia. Had a licensed, bonded insured plumber...

Lowe's Home Improvement — unethical behaviour

July 25, 2017 My husband went to Lowe's this morning to get a few things he needed for our home and check out...