Having problems with Viking Range?

Viking Range Customer Service Contacts

1888 845 4641 (USA & Canada)
+1 662 451 6750 (Culinary Products & Cooking School)
+1 770 932 7282 (Viking Distributing East)
+1 800 488 9868 (Viking Distributing West)
111 Front Street
Viking Distributing East
325 Horizon Drive, Suwanee, GA 30024-3103

Viking Distributing West
14680 Monte Vista Ave., Chino, CA 91710

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Viking Range Customer Service. Initial Viking Range complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Viking Range above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Viking Range. Discuss the issues you have had with Viking Range and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Viking Rangegas range is 8 months old and is still under warranty

The appliance (Viking gas range) was purchased from Royal Green appliance center in White Plains NY. In October 2018.
First off the the bottom trim plate was bent. The installers said they would report that and order a new trim plate once they notified Royal Green.
While installing the range one of the installers picked up the right side of the range from inside the door and bent the entire front of the range. This led to multiple phone calls and emails to the manager at Royal Green (Alan) before they agreed to replace the range. This left us with out use of the oven because the door would not close fully. This took about 2 weeks to get the new range.
The new range arrived and the bottom trim plate was bent on both sides. I agreed to let them take off the one that was just installed on the damaged range.
At this time, my wife noticed the porcelain on the range top was coming off around the burners on both sides. This was around the holidays and we figured we would have them replace it under warranty as soon as we cleared the holiday season. We called Royal Green and told them of the problem. They said they would contact the rep from Viking. Lo and behold, we were told it was cosmetic and was passed the 3 month warranty on that type of defect. Who could have guessed that since we had a 1 year warranty on the range. I blame this not only on Viking, but on Royal Green for not telling us this when we purchased the range.
The problems continued to intensify as the oven door hinge on the left side broke as I opened the oven to remove food. I burnt my hand slightly trying to hold the door and remove the food.
We contacted Royal Green and they told us the repair of the range door fell to a service called Elkay. We called and they told us it would be at least 2 weeks to come and look at the problem and at least another 2 weeks to repair the oven door. That's a month without use of the oven!
Elkay came and replaced the hinges. We asked them to look at the porcelain top problem and they informed us it was a manufacturers defect. We wanted that noted on the repair paperwork. We contacted Viking and they said they would give us a new top, but we would have to have it installed by a certified Viking service (Elkay) for $380 dollars. Again trying to rip off the consumer. We turned down that ridiculous offer.
Now it is August 2019 and once again the hinges failed in addition to the inner oven door liner warping. It will take 2 additional weeks to install the hinges and we were told the inner door liner was on backorder and would be installed in the future. We declined that offer because they want to put a bandaid on an obvious manufacturers defect.
I have called Viking customer service 5 times and am getting the run around.
Can you get involved in this matter? We would certainly appreciate your help.
Sincerely,
Joseph Abramo
[protected]
[protected]@aol.com

Viking RangeViking refrigerator, range, wall oven - junk

Keep having to replace Viking appliances - 48" refrigerator had hinge recall, electronics died, ice maker gave up early on and last was $1500 in repair that worked for less than a week. Bought a sub-zero - can see big difference in quality of the build.

Now 48" range is broken. After clean mode door won't open. Repair man told us hinges need to be replaced, but may break door doing it. Estimate $900 in parts, plus 'up to' $800 in labor. The knobs on this range have been loose for a long time so can't tell temp actually select and griddle was broken when received - had to be repaired. Replacing range now with Wolf.

|Still have a Viking wall oven that will get replaced. That one has been off by 50 degrees for a long time.

Viking has been nothing but problems, have no confidence in the products.

Viking — Damaged Goods

We purchased a Viking stovetop from Number 1 Appliance. It arrived after three weeks delivery time. The...

Viking Appliances — Poor Quality and Customer Service

Purchased a Viking Wine Refrigerator 3 years ago...broke down 9 months ago. Service people say it is not...

VikingLoudest Dishwasher in the World

I bought a very expensive Viking Pro Series dishwasher. Wanted to buy American made because of so called quality and support our own country. At first I thought the loud noise was because it was new. Well, it continues to get louder and louder. Now I need ear protection to run it as I would probably start to lose my hearing it is so loud. DO NOT BUY A VIKING DISHWASHER, you will be shocked how loud it is and they will not do anything other than tell you "yes, it is a loud dishwasher". Do they tell you that when you buy it? NO!!!

• Le
          lee Oct 15, 2008

My son has his phone disconnected, so I am now getting calls regarding his bill. I insist that arrangements can be made to pay monthly a small amount, but they want a lump sum now. He even sent them a small check and they sent it back. I want them to stop calling me. I am not on the account.

• Wy
          wyk tkl Jun 21, 2012

I had Viking kitchen ventilation hood (Professional series 36" with exterior blower) installed in my new house in 2006. In less than 6 years of less than normal usage, the motor went dead. The replacement part cost of the motor alone is $900. This is definitely outrageous.

• Ci
          Cindy U Sep 25, 2014

I agree! We bought all Viking appliances when we built our house last year. I THOUGHT we were getting high end appliances. I hate ALL of them, but especially the dishwasher. It takes a good two hours to cycle through a full load and each cycle is louder than the last. I can't EVER run the dishwasher at night when I go to bed because it is too noisy to sleep! I have to remember to run it when I leave the house or else I get MAD every time I hear it. Our last home had Jenn-Air appliances and they were MUCH better. Even the higher end GE appliances we had in a rental while we built were better than this crap. And probably WAY less expensive. Will never, EVER buy Viking again.

VikingViking appliances are junk

I purchased a complete Viking appliance package about 5 months ago. The Viking microwave oven stopped working a few days after it was installed. After calling Viking and Pacific Sales where I purchase it and getting a runaround from both they finally sent out a repair man.

They replaced a fuse and the micro started working again. A few days later it stopped working. I opened the touchpad and installed a new fuse. It worked for about 2 months and went out again. Six fuses later it still doesn’t work.

I have had many microwave ovens over the years and never have a single problem. This was the most expensive, $1400.00, and it is a piece of junk. I would not recommend viking products nor will I ever buy that brand again.

Viking — Dishwasher

Viking Professional Series Dishwasher is the worst, and the service from the company is even more horrid if...

Viking Appliances — The alarm goes off continuously

We replaced our kitchen in 2003. Replaced all appliances including Viking double oven, Viking...

Viking — 48 in. fridge

I purchased a Viking fridge in 2004. After 5 years, the evaporator broke. An authorized service dealer came...

VikingViking Major Appliance

Here are a series of emails between customer and supporting retailer. There is more to this story, dishwasher was purchased shipped and delivered in October 2010. Customer has no complaint with any retailer or service company, just VIKING the manufacturer. VIKING consistently produces LOWEST QUALITY for PRICE major appliances I've EVER run across, no matter what the product.

DO NOT BUY A HEADACHE!

Here is the email conversation after manufacturer failed to install leveling legs and they arrived about 2 months after the intial delivery of the dishwasher.

----------

Well the dishwasher is now running. I don't anticipate that there will be any other issue with that dishwasher. Again, thank you, Liz T, for your thoughtful and calm handling of that previous dissapointment.

All is well, for now, except for you to handle the quality assurance issues that obviously escape the Viking Corporation. I've been at a couple of dances in my life and I suspect that corners were cut and poor decisions were made by Production people unnamed at the Viking dishwasher assembly plant that eventually cascaded into my attention.

American and U.S. products should be SUPERIOR to ALL challenges. If Viking cannot produce QUALITY PRODUCTS then it is high time for Viking to throw in the towel and move out of the way so some other American or U.S. manufacturer can. "If you cannot stand the heat, git out of the kitchen."-Truman

Plesser's, Metro Service, and all envolved except for Viking were on-time, right priced, helpful, and anxious to do QUALITY business.

I am not finished with Viking.

Ken R, CEO
          H E C
          Environmental Management Team
          Tulsa, OK [protected]
          office/fax
          cell

Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:29 PM
          Subject: RE: [] Re: Dishwasher Service Required

OK, I look forward to hearing from you.

Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:08 PM
          Subject: [] Re: Dishwasher Service Required

To me, Viking is inaccessible, that's not good. But that is Viking's problem, not mine.

I anticipate service tomorrow, Wednesday March 2. We will probably "be happy" to walk this irritation out the door and it will soon be an insignificant glitch of an otherwise beautiful arrangement of a dream.

Thanks Liz for your assistance, I shall give you an immediate update of current functionality of that dishwasher when I have something new to relay.

Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:02 PM

Hi Mr. R,

I am so sorry to hear that the service on this unit has turned into such a battle. I would strongly recommend that you harass Viking daily, the squeakiest wheel tends to get the oil, if they are unable to fix your unit within a reasonable amount of time they will be forced to replace it. All replacements are normally handled directly with them. I have contacted my rep in regards to this issue and am awaiting word from him. The problem stems from the lack of availability of the necessary replacement parts. I will hopefully be in touch soon.

Thank you again for your continued patience and your kind words,

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:53 AM

Metro Service 918-

I've heard enough excuses from Metro and/or Viking.

My wife is calling Metro daily. She has not relayed any message to me to "open the house" for any serviceman.

We've purchased thus far from Viking, via Metro and Plessers, matching major appliances: a ventilation hood, a combination range, and a dishwasher. Only the dishwasher has problems, thus far. But those problems are forcing us to reconsider our brand selection. If my wife gets mad enough she may dump everything into the street and she will go another route with her "big house dream kitchen and dining area".

We have scheduled, major family, social, and political events at our "big house". We have completely botched two major family events (Thanksgiving and Christmas), one social event (New Years Eve), and relocated two political events (MLK Holiday and President's Day). All because of a non-functioning VIKING dishwasher! Now we have my 60th birthday on {deleted} and no repairs are in sight! So far, I am not angry, but I am getting close to the edge.

Plesser's via Liz T is the ONLY reason, I have not lost my cool. You are doing an excellent job for the amount of control of this situation you have. Plesser's has been "right priced", "on-time", and helpful. For that you will win my future business if you sell whatever my wife decides to buy (next purchases planned are/was a steam oven, a warming oven, upgrades to the Viking range (warming shelf, timers, and other add-ons), built-in refrigerators, and let's not forget those counter-top gizmos and cookware! That's just inside the "big house"! Next project will be an outdoor kitchen and service area. I guess she'll build a whole kitchen outdoors too!

I filled the swimming pool last week and will start it up probably mid-March and here comes the spontaneous parties, if that dishwasher is not working by then, I will throw it into the street and everyone will deal with Oklahoma's finest.

Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:38 PM

Dear Mr. R,

I’m not sure what you mean, was service unable to be completed due to parts?? What is the phone number for the service company and I will see what can be done from my end on getting these parts expedited. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:04 PM
          Subject: Re: Dishwasher Service Required

manjana...no functioning dishwasher, no parts, no service, no customers...manjana...

Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 4:55 PM

Hi Mr. R,

Has the service been completed? Please advise. thx

Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:18 AM

Hello Liz

Metro Appliance Repair telephoned this morning (service appointment was scheduled for today) to inform me that the part they ordered and received was somehow incorrect.

Another delay!

I hope other Vikings customers don't experience similar problems as they won't stay in business long and I'll be stuck with unservicable appliances!

Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 8:13 AM

Hi Mr. R,

I am sorry, to hear that you are continuing to have a problem and that the parts are taking this long, I will investigate on my end to see what if anything I can do to have Viking expedite the parts.

Thank you for your continued patience with their process. I will be in touch soon.

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:08 PM
          Subject: Re: Dishwasher Service Required

Thank you Liz for emailing. We are still waiting for parts that had failed on startup. My wife spoke to the Metro Service Tech today and he indicated that the ordered parts have still not arrived and he could not estimate their arrival.

Unfortunately for Viking and their dealers, service issues such as this undermine potential future referrals/sales from many associated contractors, friends, and aquaintances. In my case, my wife works at a bank and hundreds of her customers/friends have become familiar with the Viking diswasher's service problem. I work in a service industry and cannot wait for service parts for more than a few days. When I must wait and my customer becomes impatient, I generally lose, much more than a single customer. But I need not explain that to you, as I somehow feel you have become well aware of such problems.

At this time, I am frustrated but optimistic that the dishwasher will be operating within the month; past performances will fade and new purchases will follow according to plan. Spring is on the horizon (hope you are staying warm)!

Thank you Liz for writing and allowing me a vent. I'll email immediately when the dishwasher becomes serviceable.

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:40 PM

Hi Mr. R,

Has everything been resolved? what is the status? Thanks for keeping me updated.

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 4:04 PM
          Subject: Re: Dishwasher Service Required

Thank you Liz, I have scheduled service for Thursday, 12/23/2010 1-4 PM with Metro Service.

I am familiar with both companies, Metro and Hahn, having made major appliance purchases from both; however, Hahn has not responded to my service call. I've made Viking purchases from Metro in the past but have never required service. Hahn is not a stocking Viking dealer.

I'll let you know the outcome of the service experience with Metro.

Thank you for your assistance and Merry Christmas!

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 2:00 PM

Hi Mr. R,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your unit, you can call either one of the following companies located in your area for authorized service. When calling please have the model and serial number and a copy of your receipt handy to show the technician.

Metro Service [protected] (I spoke to them the girl was very nice and indicated that they could help you)

Hahn Appliance [protected] (I got a voicemail when I called them)

They should be able to resolve this for you let me know who you go with and when the service is scheduled for.

Thanks,

Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:26 PM
          Subject: Dishwasher Service Required

We installed our new dishwasher and it operated one time.

I believe we need service because the dishwasher door will not latch and I have found a small piece of white plastic on the floor underneath the dishwasher door.

Please send me the name and telephone number for an authorized Viking Dishwasher Service Company here in Tulsa.

Model VDB200

Serial Number 081710D00018306

Thank you even though I am becoming frustrated.

2217 South Erie Place

Tulsa, OK 74114

[protected] Home Telephone

[protected] Cell Telephone

Incidently folks if you are still reading -- Plesser's Appliance is TOP NOTCH!

Viking Ice MachinePoor Quality

I spent over $2500 on a Viking Ice Machine (actually it's a Marvell Ice Machine with a Viking logo). I've already had it repaired 4 times for a total of $13oo including replacing the bin thermostat ($360), replacing the compressor, evaporator-heat exchanger and valve ($470 in labor, the parts were covered by warranty) and replacing the drain pump ($388 just for the part which I replaced myself). Now the drain pump went out again! I called Viking to complain about the "lemon" that I obviously got and all they could tell me was that "sorry, it's no longer covered by the warranty". Viking products are crap and I will never buy another one. They are over priced to boot, so don't think that just because you pay for a "high end" appliance that you are actually getting a higher quality product because you're not.

• Fr
                frogwhisperer Sep 09, 2011

I so totally agree!!! I have aborted the Viking mission to save the ice maker. I hung in there for 2 tours, (the first one was replaced after months of ahggling and hassle). I have opted to purchase a brand new Whirlpool from Sears with a 5 yr warranty . The last repair man for my Viking quoted me $450-$500 for the repair with no guarantee it would work. Now I have a brand working machine with the security of warranty and no additional repair cost, free yearly maintenace checks and ...I have ICE!!! what a HUGE disappointment Viking was.

notahappycamper1 Nov 11, 2011

Ditto here! I bought a Viking Ice Machine, Double Oven and Refrigerator in 2003. The ice machine has had continuous issues and has now been out of use for the last 3 years. I unplugged it when it finally leaked water on my wood floor and has ruined the floor surrounding. Same with refrigerator! Lid on produce drawer is broken. Entire unit holding the two produce drawers do not stay put. Now the refrigerator needs is leaking freon. Appliance repair people have found out that a new compressor would be under warranty but that I need to pay the hourly wage for the two repairmen to get the refrigerator out of the wall. Estimated at $750. Once they got here however, they could not figure out a way to get it out without removing all the drywall surrounding. I cannot afford a handyman to dismantle an entire wall and rebuild it again, let alone replace the wood flooring now coming about around the leaking refrigerator. A couple of years ago, I made numerous calls to Viking about these two "lemon" appliances to absolutely no avail. Now I read that my fridge has a recall for hinges. Not an issue that has come up for me, but I'll be calling to get this taken care of before the door falls on someone and ruins the remaining flooring, let alone hurt someone. Stay away from Viking appliances! $9000 ripoff!

Viking Range CorpPoor quality and service

We purchased (2) Viking ranges and many other Viking products in 2006. Never again! These products are crap and the company never backs up their warranty. and my inexpensive Jenn Air Oven lasted 12 years without a single problem. We have written and called Viking with the same result; we received an arrogant reply from Viking and had to shell out another $350+ for another thermostat and the oven would not turn off therefore risking a fire hazard. How crazy of me to expect service and quality from a a so called reputable high end company. Buying Viking has been a big mistake and I'll never recommend their product to anyone. This appliance is way too expensive for such poor quality product and service.

VikingDo not buy

We purchased a Viking Microwave, convection hood oven in Oct 2010. It was installed by an Viking authorized installer (extra $$ for the installation). The oven quit on December 22nd. Authorized repair tech said the oven needed five new parts for this new oven. The circuits weres out of alignment. It is now January 22, 2011 the microwave is still out of service. The authorizied repair agent (under warranty) said they they are still waiting for parts.

Viking Range Corp Customer service has been non-existance. Worse cust service I have ever experienced.

The retailer (American TV/Appliance) has been applying pressure on Viking to correct the issue. This is our only relief at this time. Next steps, consumer complaint with state of Missouri to seek relief.

I would not purchase anything from Viking based on how we have been treated. A high end product deserves high-end customer service, there is none to be found with Viking Range Corporation.

• Sm
                    SMPRSP May 28, 2011

I, too, purchased a Viking micorwave/convection oven in June 2009. It stop working in August 2010 after the manufacter warranty period, but we purchased an extended warranty from Southeast Steel Appliances. It is now 9 months later and the appliance was just delivered and still does not work. Viking refuses to take any responbility, Top Line Service, who is suppose to be the only authorized Viking repair service in are area, does not have the knowledge on how to repair the unit and Bankers Warranty claims that there is a" limit liability" that they are willing to pay for...however, it was nevered repaired, once. I even spoke to Sears who covers our Bosch, Whirlpool, and Kitchenaid appliance and they will not touch Viking. I, also, have a Viking induction range and that we paid $8000 for and I know it it just a matter of time before I will need to replace it.

We are in the process of remodeling our summer home and under no circumstance will we put another Viking product in our home. I expected to get more than 14 months of service from a $1299 microwave.

Since Viking has such a small portion of the market due to their high cost, one would think that they would try to assist the consumer with the poorly built product. Their comment "It is no longer under our manufactuer warranty". I will tweet, face book and any other means that I can to let the public beware of this disgraceful company.

• Th
                    TheWayItIs May 30, 2011

If Bankers Warranty issued the plan, they are the primary contact but the retailer (I'm not a lawyer but this is from various blogs) cannot hide because they sell the plans. The retailer has plenty of contacts at BW. As long as it's not lightening or physical damage, you should be covered.
                    Contact your state's Division of Consumer Affairs and the BBB. You'll get action.

Viking AppliancesConstant Repair

Viking appliances are overpriced and over rated. Going on my 4 service call for the Professional Seriew Microwave. Professional? This thing can barely keep up with a family of 5. If you buy one of their products, rest assured you'll get to know the "Authorized Viking Repair Man" pretty well. We have more in repairs than we do in the oven. Not impressed at all. Going back to Therm-a-dor next time.

Carl Schaedel/Viking RangeService rip-off charges

In the 6 years I have had my Viking Range I've had nothing but aggravation. After 6 services calls for the same issue that couldn't be resolved in the first 6 months they replaced the range. The laundry list of things that have gone wrong with the replacement are too long to list, but this last issue has put me over the top. I called Carl Schaedel for repairs on my self-cleaning oven that was no longer working, and a crack on the inside glass of the oven (no idea how that happened). I was quoted prices for both the latch & the glass. When they sent the repair person out he replaced a faulty latch which had disabled the self-cleaning function, but had the wrong part for the glass replacement.
                    Their solution was to reschedule a 2nd service call with the correct part. This entailed an additional service charge which I would not have had to pay had the first call been handled properly. When they finally came back (almost a month later)I was surprised to see that the bill was $28 more than the $30 price I was quoted. I shouldn't have been charged any additional labor costs, and when I questioned the difference in price the only answer I got was that if I didn't pay it they would remove the part.
                    I am finished with Viking, I'd sooner by a GE or Kenmore, and I will never use Carl Schaedel again!

• Me
                        Melinda Durso Jul 02, 2011

WOW, you were able to get a service call, I can't even get a repairman to the house or at lease a call back!

Viking Electric OvenSub-standard product

I have never posted a complaint about a product in my life, but I feel compelled to warn people about Viking ovens. I purchased a Viking Oven in 2003. The first time I used it, the fan in the oven broke. I had it repaired under warranty. A little over a year later, I had to replace the thermostat, the cycle relay, and the bake element. Just out of warrantly, I asked Viking to consider replacing the oven. I could not believe that so much was going wrong with the oven. I was denied, and told that not enough had gone wrong with the oven to warrant a replacement. Ten months later, I needed a new bake element. Two years later, a new thermostat. Six months later, the door broke. This February, I needed another bake element, but now the part is discontinued. I finally hunted down a Viking parts representative who had one left over that I could buy. And now I have a bill for $490 for another thermostat and selector switch. The oven STILL does not work. I have just hung up from Viking customer service. I was told that I should have been aware that I had only a one-year warrantly and there was nothing they could do. Nothing. The so-called supervisor I was talking to did admit that I should not have had this many repairs to maintain an oven, BUT there will be no refund for any of my repairs, no new oven, no nothing. I threatened to post a complaint on the internet and she said "have a nice day." Don't you just love it? I have only one goal. I want to save just one family from makiing a purchase from a sub-standard company that sells sub-standard products that are over-priced! PLEASE heed my warning, and consider purchasing an oven from a company other than Viking. That is the only way I will feel better about this whole mess.

Jon Fogelberg Mar 01, 2011

I emphasize with this Viking customer. Our Viking oven has burned through 6 baking elements in 9 years and no one at Viking will even acknowledga the problem.

Viking AppliancesSucks

I have a self cleaning 36 Viking stove which has not work correctly since in was purchased about 8 years ago. The oven mysteriously goes off and will not re-ignite. The simmer does not really lower the flame, the igniters are always breaking and the latest, the oven without being touched, locked itself and will not open. Calling service results in an expensive service call and no fixes. What an expensive piece of crap.

• Vi
                            Viking Kills Jan 07, 2011

Sucks ? That's an understatement. It is dangerous !
                            My Viking hood has filter with sharp edges that would cut my fingers bleeding even when I wear gloves. And Viking said, sorry, your warranty is up and you need to pay to fix it. I will sue them to fix it and let every single one on earth how this European company not only make lousy/dangerous products but also with an altitude. Builders, be aware! Because if I have choice, I would not want a single Viking.

Viking RangeJunk service

Outline of our Viking appliance problems since we moved in to our new home. All of these problems occurred within the first 3 months of use.

1) under counter refrigerator freezing. (replaced with new unit)

2) Wine cooler fan motor stopped working after 3 months (replaced with new fan motor)

3) Microwave door would not open after unit heated up ( replaced door lock mechanism )

4) Refrigerator doorstop broke within 3 months. ( removed door and replaced doorstop)

5) Rust forming on freezer door top and mold on freezer door seal. (on going problem)

6) Fisher/ Pacal drawer dishwasher motor froze up. (replaced motor ) Not a Viking problem

7) Viking Ice maker stopped working

(replaced heater element)

We spent around $50, 000.00 on our appliances and this is the result of buying "TOP OF THE LINE PRODUCTS".

The only items that have not failed yet are:

1) Viking dishwasher

2) second under counter refrigerator

3) Windcrest induction range top

4) GE microwave

5) Viking range hood

6) second Fisher/ Pacal drawer dishwasher

7) Viking Oven

Now our $5000.00 over/under refrigerator/freezer is rusting and mold forms on the freezer door constantly. We went to a brand new appliance store that carries Viking. The new model of our unit has the same problem with condensation leaking from the doors and water accumulating on the seal of the freezer. This causes mold to grow around the seal.

The repair company for Viking (HADCO) tells us it's our fault because we live close to the ocean. (our home is in Florida) The new store was in San Francisco in a heated store. So the policy of the Viking distributor is to blame the consumer.

We are about to write the CEO of Viking, Mr. Fred Carl to see if this is the way Viking treats all of it's customers. We will post a follow up with his response.

• Ra
                              raquel May 12, 2009

We have the same problem with rust and mold on door . We where told we live to close to water. What can we do ?

• Be
                              berger Bob Jun 08, 2009

There is a fix for the refrigerator problem you are having. I needs to have a small heater installed which HADCO knows about but hates to go through the effort to put in. You also need to make sure the door heaters (mullion) were connected at the distributor before being delivered to you. Vike does not connect these on some models. they install them but don't coonect them. the distributor has to do it. This get Viking around the fact that it will not pass department of energy requirents with the heater connected...Good luck you are going to need it.

Sandy L. Nov 10, 2009

We have had our viking oven and cooktop for 13 years and have had nothing but problems the entire time. The oven is ALWAYS broken - just one thing after another. We purchased the oven with no frills...it just bakes and has a knob for convection fan, and one for temperature. No timer, no self clean, no clock, it just bakes when it works. My husband is a plumber and has determined the internal construction and design is extremely poor and wrong. Viking customer service has to be the absolute worse customer service i have ever come across in my life! The only part of the oven which looks good as new are the oven grates and maybe that is because the oven hasn't had much use in 13 years. For 5 years straight we went without an oven...we used toaster ovens and the outdoor gas grill (not a viking). 2 toaster ovens at $50. each. If one is technically oriented, you can fix it yourself...viking parts are available online (not thru viking as they will not sell them to you). We did not purchase all appliances at the same time- thank God. Thermador is a better product. Purchased a thermador side by side refrig w/ice maker and water about 4 years ago and it has been running perfect not one single problem. Why would anyone want the expense of a viking microwave...there are many reliable cheap ones out there - my $100. panasonic microwave has been perfect for 8 years now. When i am able i will replace this anchor of an oven with a thermador. BUYER BEWARE OF VIKING!! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!~

• Dc
                              DCBL Nov 20, 2009

huge issue with the door of the viking microwave oven. i have had it repaired a dozen or more times. seems like the plastic part keeps getting bent by the heat and then the door gets jammed. customer service has been no help whatsoever. i finally had a repair guy tell me that viking knows about this issue and they even make a heat shield now to prevent this - but viking still wont fix or pay for this fix for me (or even admit that it was a design issue). the new units dont have this mechanism either!!!

i will never buy a viking product again - and you shouldnt either. my sister has wolf products and has never had an issue that wasnt resolved to her satisfaction!

• Dr
                              Dr. JJ Apr 13, 2011

I had a problem with a Viking Wall Oven - a $6k piece of equipment. Over a four year period it would intermittently quit. Viking service replaced just about every component - twice. Then they said "we can't fix it if we aren't there when it breaks". They declined my offer of the spare bedroom. I wrote the company president and, after a lot of pushing (they seem to hope you'll just give up and go away) they replaced the oven. Their initial offer was a pro-rated replacement. When I pointed out that the initial failure was 3 weeks after installation, they came around.

Don't let the [censor] grind you down!

• So
                              sounder Jun 08, 2011

I have tried everything, every week since Nov '10.
                              Taken every route possible and and have been shuffled off to different "customer service" reps.
                              There is no service!!!
                              2004 Viking fridge has had on going problems problems since it was installed Aug of '04 starting with water leaking underneath the unit - totally ruining the hardwood floor.
                              Spent $5600 on the fridge and to date have spent over $2000 in repairs...as of this week it has totally shut down. And still no one has responded.
                              The viking range will be next - knobs are falling off and propane burners do not like to operate more than 2 at a time.
                              Yes they really do not care. They do hope you will give up and go away...and unfortunately they will win...the ### did grind me down because now we need a fridge!

jazz83 May 17, 2012

Spent $35, 000 Viking appliances and had service repair company to my house 9 times. The icemaker is noisy, gas cooktop professional burner covers are peeling (look horrible) refrgerator circuit blew, wait a month for parts. A LAWSUIT HAS BEEN FILED ---- CONTACT: F. GERALD MAPLES LAWFIRM [protected]

Viking Range CorpBad service

The range was delivered 1/17/08, it was non working at that time. Convection fan was not working, thermostat was not working, ignitors for the burners were not working. It took dozens of calls and not until March was it repaired.

Again in August I started having problems again. The convection stopped working, the broiler stopped working and when you use the oven the smell of natural gas fills the room until the range actually lights. The ignitors needed to be replaced once again. Then the kicker.. I cleaned the oven and the oven combusted breaking the glass door to the oven. I called Hadco the Viking distributor for my area on September 1. The product is still not repaired as of Nov 6th. 11 Months!!! of no stove with a family of 6!! Finally after HUNDREDS of calls, letters emails etc. They have agreed to take the oven back for a full refund. Although now the retailer is mad because I care not to purchase any of his other products. Nor do I care to deal with his distributor HADCO. My advice.. nice range if it works. If it breaks.. well you have to be on them like white on rice.. or you WILL Be ignored and treated like a common criminal. Vikings staff was rude and refused to escalate the problem until I finally started calling the main line and asking for some of the executives. FINALLY Carolyn WIllis the supervisor of customer support picked up the phone after 11 months of asking her and did offer to resolve my problem. I might add she was very professional too. Problem is .. it took 11 months to get to her. Her two reps Charlotte and Georgia are evil ruthless and need to learn the meaning of human compassion and possibly need some training in the meaning of customer service. One more thing.. I was told by the service manager for Hadco and the retailer that you have to play their game (Vikings Game) WHY????? why should I have to play a game when I paid 7k! for a stove!!!

VikingRefridgerator

We have a new $4000 refridgerator from Viking that was already here when we bought this new home. My wife is a kitchen designer and those in the know never recommend this brand. The word in the industry is that they spend all their money on marketing and little on R and D. They make so much money due to marketing that they feel they can get a way with making an inferior though costly product. It is clearly the worst appliance experience I have ever had. The ice maker never worked properly and the temperature in the fridge was impossible to regulate...JUNK!! 9 service calls did not fix the problem Viking finally replaced the refridgerator...less than 18 months later we noticed a funny smell. Underneath there had been a leak that overflowed their drip pan and caused $1000's of dollars of mold removal, wall rebuilding and tile replacement. I only wish I could spread the word in a more public forum to warn people to avoid this company. Their product are truly pieces of sh_ _.!!! Stay clear!!

• Hl
                                  hl Oct 18, 2008

Holy Crap.

I just spent $18, 500 on a frig, oven, and range.

I hope your was an isolated incident.

Maybe I will canel this order, and get another brand.

h.l

• Hl
                                  hl Oct 18, 2008

Viking should not ignore its customers.
                                  What seems to be happening it that they are having this product made cheaply by other manufacturers to boost profits.

Viking is just the first middleman, and then we go to the store, and pay the second middleman.

This is what I'm understanding.