Having problems with LG Electronics?

8800 200 7676 (Russia)
800 545 454 (South Africa)
80 054 (UAE)
+82 264 564 337 (Head Office, South Korea)
+1 800 243 0000 (United States)
+44 344 847 5454 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 054 2273 (Australia)
+43 800 080 040 (Austria)
+32 15 200 255 (Belgium)
+42 810 555 810 (Czech Rebuplic)
+45 78 796 454 (Denmark)
+358 80 005 454 (Finland)
+31 900 543 5454 (Netherlands)
+351 808 785 454 (Portugal)
+852 35 437 777 (Hong Kong)
+65 65 120 555 (Singapore)
+966 800 244 2929 (Saudi Arabia)
+90 444 6543 (Turkey)
+54 800 888 5454 (Argentina)
LG Twin Towers, 20, Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu

Canada
20 Norelco Drive. North York, ON M9L 2X6 Canada
Phone: +1 647 253 2510

United Kingdom
LG house 250 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX U.K.
1000 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Austria
Office Campus Gasometer, Guglgasse 15, Bauwerk 4a/Stock 5&6, A-1110 Wien, Austria

Belgium

Jakob-Kaiser Strasse 12, 47877 Willich, Germany

Finland
Ayritie 12 A 01510 Vantaa Suom

France
Paris Nord II 117, Avenue des Nations-B.P. 59372 Villepinte 95942 Roissy CDG CEDEX, France

Greece
Ethnarhou Makariou St. Delta Paleo Faliro P.O. Box 77331 GR17501 Paleo Faliro, Athens, Greece

Hungary

Lysaker Torg 15 Postboks 275 1326 Lysaker

Poland
ul. Woloska 22, Mokotow Nova, 02-675 Warszawa, Poland

Portugal
Quinta da Fonte - Edificio D. Amelia Rua Vitor Camara, 2 Piso 2, 2770-229 Paco de Arcos, Portugal

Romania

Complejo Europa Empresarial, Ctra. N-VI Km 24, 28230, Las Rozas (Madrid), Spain

Sweden
P.O. Box 83 Esbogatan 18 SE-164 94 Kista, Sweden

China
20th Floor, West Tower, Twin Towers, B-12, Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, PRC
Hong Kong
6F, 633 Building, 633 King's Road North Point, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 29 095 172

India
Plot No.51, Udyog Vihar, Phase-2 Surajpur-Kasna Road Greater, Noida U.P (201306), India

Japan
Kyobashi Trust Tower 15F, 2-1-3 Kyobashi Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8301, Japan

Singapore
6 Temasek Boulevard #10-01 Suntec Tower 4, Singapore, 038986

Israel
11 Galgaley Haplada St. Herzeliya 46733, Israel

Saudi Arabia
Sary street, Al Khaledya District, 101 building, 5th floor, 3355 Al Khalidyah unit 5, Jeddah 23423 - 8940, Saudi

South Africa
LG House, Rand Airport Road, Raceway Industrial Park Monte Carlo Drive, Gosforth Park, Germiston 1419 PO Box 973, Alberton 1450, South Africa

Turkey
Kaptanpasa Mah. Piyalepasa Bulvari No:14 Okmeydani Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey

UAE
P.O. Box 61445, Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E.

Argentina
Av. Del Libertador 498-Piso 22 (C1001ABR) - Capital Federal, Argentina

Brazil
Market Place Tower 2, Av. Dr Chucri Zaidan, 940-3rd Floor, Vila Cordeiro, Sao Paulo-SP, CEP04583-110

Mexico
Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, No.555, Col. San Lorenzo, Tlalnepantla, Estado de Mexico, C.P.54033, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

no sound

Hi !

Would like to mention that we bought a 29 inches TV from Razzle Dazzle ,Yojana Vihar in Aril 2007 .The TV was functioning fine , but after 5 months , Setember , it started showing some trouble , as there was no sound even after 45 mins of switching on the TV !!The tech guy came 2-3 times , informed us that some ic was to be changed but till date there is no action , as such TV is without any sound !!

Its really strange that LG is so focussed on selling but really not taking care of customers !!

irregularty in service during warranty period‏

This is to inform you that I Sanjeev Ghosh, Kolkata had purchased a LG Desktop PC Model XDT,Sl. No.702NLCP000379 From Prapoli Infonet PVT. Ltd., 110, College streetkolkata-12, on 27/07/2007, from 5th of October i having problem with thepower switch so i bothered to call at LG service center number andexplained the fact, i know a bit of hardware as well as software so iexplained them specifically that the problem is with the power switch, itwas 13th of October at 9/9.30 in the morning i got the complain number A1300040, at 10.am i got a call from the LG service center Prosys Infosolution and again i had explained them my problem, then at 12noon service Engineer Mr Arjit Dhar called me up at my cell number and asked about theproblem again i explained him the whole fact he said he will come to myhouse at 2.pm, so i took Half day leave from my office and came back home but this engineer came to my house at 5.15pm, then he switched on mycomputer and again switched off that once and gave me a paper to sign inwhich it was mentioned " I am satisfied with the service and purduct isworking perfectly" then i saw in the upper part of that service note sheet it was mention switch is not working need to replace, i argued with him that why i will sign when the work is not done, i asked him to give his snr.'s number, now i spoke to Mr Prabhakar Barik and explaied him what his engineer has done, he said directly he can do nothing more then that if youwant to complain to any body you can do it then, i spoke to Mr. Pradip Singh he said give me 2, 3 days time i will fix your problem, on is 26th of october iwrote a letter to [protected]@lgindia.com mentioning all the details and got reply from me Ankit Singh as follows "We acknowledge your mail and really appreciate your effort for sharing yourconcerns with us through our web services. Further to your query, we haveforwarded your issue to concerned Branch service incharge and assure youthat an immediate step would be taken in this regard. Please don't hesitate to contact our Branch service incharge Mr. .................. if you need any more information on his mobile number 98300****4. "
then i bother to call the branch incharge on 26 at 11 am , Mr. Abhoy Tewari - Branch service incharge, i called him him on 26th itself at 11am in the morning, he said he will call me but did'nt bother to at last in the evening i bother to call him up to know the status he said he is looking to it and let me know next on 27 in the morning hours no call from his side, then again i bothered to call him up at 1.30pm he said he was having lunch and as soon as he finishes his lunch he would give me a call. 27th whole day gone, 28th whole day gone and today 29th it 12.07pm he didn't bother to let me know the status so i bother to give him call he says yet he is to receive the parts. now my question is have i purchsed a non branded Pc so that i will have to suffer like this ??? or what is the exact problem ??? i don't understand from where this parts of my pc is coming that it is 16th day after complain and service center is yet to receive it ?? to whom i can complain regarding this ?? bcos everyday i have to spent lots of money in calling these Lg guys to know the status. please let me know and explain all the above mentioned points. also let me know the phone numbers of Regional service Incharge and National service incharge with there email ID.
1st complain number A1300040
2nd reminder Complain ID-N7CA2505692
29/10 - 3rd reminder.

dangerous range

I cut my toe on the razor sharp edge of the warming oven. 4 stitches required. Others in family have also been cut by oven. This is not a defect limited to my stove. I have checked several appliance dealers and all have this model with the same defect.

Have not heard from LG since 9/14/07 and they do not return my calls. This model needs to be recalled.

bad service support, technically inferior staff

Hi

I bought my LG 1 tonn air conditioner in Delhi, India. Since then every summer, the gas leaks from the AC. In this year itself, it is the third time the gas has leaked inspite of the fact that last time, the company took the airconditioner to their plant to do a overhauling. Within 1 month of that the gas has leaked once again. My house has other brands air cobditioners too...one is hitachi and the other is carrier. However none of the other air conditioners give this problem.

It is disgusting and disppointing that after spending such huge monies, we get technically inferior products and not just that the company does not have good staff to rectify the problem once and for all.

My Local technician says, it is a compressor problem and it shd be changed as the compressor is still under warranty. however the company denies any compressor problem. Could this be a mal practice of the company to avoid changing the compressor and wait till the time it goes out of warranty.

Can somebody guide?

• Ba
    Balan.P Sep 08, 2007

We have 2 LG units 01 is 8.5 tons and other 5.5 tons in our office,we had approached LG for servicing the units and was informed that someone would get in touch within 24hours against complaint no 90602016, accordingly we received a call and the technician sent was for single phase units. Later the lead was passed on to someone else called Raghu Phone no 9444049499, who had promised to sent his technicians and demanded Rs.700 towards inspection charges and would give an estimation later. The same was accepted by us and he assured us that he would come for inspection on saturday morning, when we had called him on saturday, he demanded Rs.2000 for inspection charges instead of Rs.700. The reason quoted by him was that the time he spends inspecting my machine he can easily earn rs.5000,sending his technician somewhere else, i had taken up the issue with Mr.Vinod service engineer for LG, who was very kind and assured that the same person (Raghu) would be coming for the inspection at the rates promised by him. However when the person was again contacted he demanded Rs.3000 from Rs.2000 and when asked him why there was a increase again and the promise by the service engineer, he was very rude over the phone and also used abusive language, since i had taken the issue to the service engineer.

Friends this person was trying make money as we were already in the weekend and had tried to capitalize on the situation. LG Should look into attitude of such people who are working for a reputed organization like LG, where the motto is to serve the customers rather than harassing them.

pathetic customer service!

Id purchased a new LG refrigerator from a local dealer in Bangalore (Viveks) on assurance that besides excellent device performance, the customer service was equally good. The nightmare started right from the moment it was sent to us

1: The refrigerator landed with a horrible dent due to transportation and mis-handling.

2: The lg executive sent to install the fridge did not know basic english and had very poor communication.

3: Registering a complaint with the LG service center for replacement took the cake.

After numerous calls and assurances that the deceive would be replaced within a week, no action has been taken yet.The local customer service personnel now tells me that the invoice hasn't even reached their department after all the formalities were done 2 weeks back!!!

Very disappointed!!! These people are sitting there to take their customers for a ride!!

• Sh
    shabreen Dec 11, 2007

I had same complaint for spar mall on banargatta road.

Joy Jan 05, 2009

I had a terrible experience with systems solutions, where I did the mistake of buying a LG DVD writer and guess what.. no customer service at all. I had to make number of calls to get some help. When I called LG customer service to complain about the dealer I get a response that we dont register any complains here. You will need to visit the service center and get help.

About System Solution, the lady sitting in the frnot desk promised that the quality of service will be the best. They just installed the drive and left the drivers to be installed by me for which I paid Rs 100. Today when I call them for support they say that all the technicians are busy and cannot be sent for any support. I am seriously considering going to consumer forum.

• Ru
    Ruapsi Patel Aug 06, 2009

Hi,

I too had a similar incident. We purchased an L G refrigerator from a local dealer in Commercial street who promised better performance and durability when compared to the others. It says that the fridge has 5 yrs of warranty ... but unfortunately it is of NO USE.

I had a problem where in the timer is non functioning within a year and called customer service. I too faced a similar problem wherein the representative could not speak English (basic). Did not know what is the problem was and which component needs to be replaced? After identifying the problem the components are so very priced that it becomes un affordable to replace after paying a heavy price to the so called NEW REFRIGERATOR!!

I feel bad that such products and services are and will be affecting the brand name and its reputation. Please think of delivering quality goods to bring in customer satisfaction.

I am very disappointed with the product and have spread a word of mouth to my friends, families and colleagues about my experience with the product and its service.

Highly disappointed!!

Rupasi Patel

lg products suck and they don't care

I bought this TV from Best Buy on a Saturday in July and it died on Sunday. It turned on, flashed a few times, and shut off. We exchanged it and enjoyed it for 41 days before it died. It took 11 days for the service guy to show up and another 23 days to get the part and return. Of course either they sent or he ordered the wrong part. He said the LG changes their suppliers often so the parts change. His new power supply didn't fit my TV made in May of this year.

LG will consider replacement after the service guy has 30 days from his first visit. They acknowledge that it won't be fixed by then but won't even consider replacing it before the 30th day. At that point the TV will have been broken for as long as it worked.

LG products Suck and they don't care.

• Se
    Serenity0705 Nov 11, 2011

I completely agree that LG sucks and they have the worst customer service. I ordered a microwave online and when it arrived the light didn't work and after trying it once it shut off completely. Called LG and they wanted me to take my brand new microwave that I just unpacked to a service center. I was livid, and spoke to and called every number I could find. I bought and paid for a new working microwave not one that doesn't work and needs servicing out of the box. Finally we got them to send me another microwave. This time you can obviously tell the product is not brand new as it should be. There is a ding in the door scratches on it and I had to wipe it down after removing it from the box because there were some sort of smudges all over it. The box itself was beat up. I don't understand how a company can do things like this.

fraud and cheating!

Here's the deal. On 5/5/06, we purchased a brand new LG (Lucky Goldstar, Korean Piece of C**P) refrigerator. It fit (barely) into our available space, but had water in the door and a bottom freezer. We were briefly happy with our $1400. purchase. At just a few months, the latch on the door broke. We had an authorized repair person come out to fix it. While fixing the latch, he cracked the door and broke the handle. Obviously he didn't know what he was doing.

Just a couple of months later, the fridge part stopped cooling. We called the service number and got a different repair person. The guy came out and said it was the computer part that was malfunctioning. He ordered a new one... Oh, and by the way, you're out of warranty. That'll be $400.00.

I called LG and got them to extend the warranty for 30 days to cover this problem. They did. Turns out the computer panel (2 weeks waiting time) was NOT the problem. It was a different problem. It needed another part (another 2 weeks waiting time). Then that part came in and it malfunctioned again about a week later. He ordered another part (another 2 weeks) and came to replace that one. Now here it is, September, the fridge is exactly 1 year, 4 months, 9 days old and the freezer doesn't work.

Kevin and I just spent time on the phone with a script-reading "stupid-visor" who told us, basically, "tough s**t". We will have to have it repaired and pay for it ourselves. No replacement. Since I don't want to worry that my food is going to go bad again (I've already thrown away $$$$$ in food), I want a new fridge. I thought about selling this one, but Kevin says we really shouldn't let anyone go through these problems. It just wouldn't be right. He wants to take a hammer to it and vent out his frustration.

I'll be sure and post the video of him smashing the fridge on youtube under LG FRIDGE SUCKS, or something like that. Well, I'll put the link here. So that's it, folks. DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS! YOU WILL BE SORRY! The Koreans bought out Goldstar (piece of c**p company) and added "lucky" to it to make LG, then try to CON us into thinking it means "life's good" and you get all squishy feeling inside. WRONG! LIFE IS NOT GOOD when you own their products. Please feel free to pass this little story along to whomever you wish. The MORE readers, the better. This company needs to be PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

customer harassment!

This is to inform you about your pathetic Services for attending a service call for the monitor purchased just 5 days back which was 2nd LG monitor within 10 days for the same customer at Ulhasnagar. The call was made on 23/08/2007 at 8:15 am to the toll free number [protected] and the complaint number was obtained [protected]. and the assurance was given that it will be attended within 24 hours. but till today the complaint has not been attended i.e. 27/08/2007 time 11:30 AM. In the meantime i had call n number of times to the call center as well as JD Electronics at thane and spoke to many people namely Mr. Pankaj at JD, Mr. Darshan, Mr. Kurlappa Rao, Mr. Vaihav and still in the process to get the complaint attended. As informed this is the 2nd LG monitor gone bad in 10 days and due to that the computer system is returned as no one attended the call from your end. I am very sorry to say that such kind of useless co-ordination and service was not expected from a brand name like LG. and will definitely take care in future to avoid buying such products and make others to follow the same. Pls give me clarification on why the complaint was not attended in the due course and why these senior people are not held responsible for the losses i have to bear due to your service center negligence. I am expecting a reply in this regard as well as the number for the higher authority. This matter will be soon published in all the existing IT Magazine's for your information. Pls don't treat this as an threat. But i will see to that nobody else will suffer from such harassment and pain. The copy of the mail has been sent to TAIT also. Thanks Satish.

• Pu
    puneet malhotra Sep 25, 2007

People fm lg came twice but they could not repair it. They told me that they would come but they didnt come even i made lots of call buy they didn't respond.

vivek kumar Mar 28, 2008

My lg monitor has been flutuating since at time of purchase but after one time repaired it is being creating problem again.

I thought that it was my mistake when i chose this monitor.

Please help me out if it can possible to u

• Mu
    mukesh goel Apr 23, 2008

I had asked for Service for 3 windows and 1 split AC on 12.4.08, nos. 98C21200582, 83, 84, 85. On 12.4.08, men from service center came and serviced 3 windows and 4 spilts (as per their record well the truth is they did nothing just asked questions and saw the AC) . The truth is i have only 3 windows and 1 split AC .

On 14.4.08 i complained and subsequently they came again and service 4 splits (as per record).

From 14.4.08 onwards when io switched my ACs on, they were not cooling, So again on 17.4.08, i compalined nos. N8C4170027 and then i was informed the Acs were not having gas. Technically as informed by trade pundits, AC are serviced only if they have full gas in them.

So how come my ACs were serviced without gas, thought he truth is that the service man leaked the gas to either extort money or just to harras us.
    Secondly how my 3 windows and 1 split AC have become 3 windows and 4 spilts.

Pls take this issue seriously and revert back immediately on my no. +91 9999 1010 70.

Mukesh Goel

Vivek Patel Nov 02, 2008

How can i get PC suite for lg kp220
    please inform me on my e-mail.

poor service!

Today is Aug 6th and there is nobody willing to answer anything about this. My wife Sangita Jain has made a...

poor customer care

I called LG customer care twice and lodged my complain for replacement of certain parts. Both the time no one came to my residence and the status of the complain in their record shows as closed.

Is anyone hearing??!!

jogesh thapar Sep 13, 2007

regarding glass tray not recevied at time of delivery of microoven,reference to compliant no w7c91104455.
    please look in to matter immediately ,as i am following on same issue for last 1 month.

• Sh
    sheerine advani Sep 17, 2007

I have lodeged a complaint with LG 2 weeks ago and have been caliing up every single day. There is absolutly no follow up. I have never seen such poor service

• Ra
    raju Aug 27, 2008

During bootup my pc crt monitor brightens excessively with greenish yellow light. this is an intermitant problem. The complaint was registerd with LG service centre (No. is) S8C81904016. But so far no service personnel reported to me though I am contacting them almost daily over the phone. They offer lame excuses.

• Gu
    gurushanth Oct 14, 2008

I purchaged Air condtion Yestarday on 14-10-08, They told next day itself service engineer will come and install the AC, But they have not come, I Have Contacted LG customer care but its of no use no response from them till now, I am repeatdlly calling but no response.

• Na
    narayan Oct 19, 2008

I have lodeged a complaint with LG dvd player 1 weeks ago and have been caliing up every single day. There is absolutly no follow up...

• Mo
    MOSHE DEYON ALEXANER Nov 01, 2008

hello sir, madam
    i had purchased a product of LG... product code no. LG-CTY29FD7RGE on 12 jan 2008,
    On 29 nov 2008 i had complained and request id is W8CA2900162.but after calling ur coustamer care 4-5 times not a singal engineer had not visited 2 see my t.v .and ur telling us that in 24 hour our engineer will visit ????
    ther is an reqest from me 2 visit ur engineer .as soon as posible ...

• Ab
    Abdul Azeem Nov 10, 2008

Hellow,
    I purchased 1 of ur proudact LG wasing machine From ur dealer in tamil nadu, kanitakumari district, Sundar Radios, nagercoil.On 4th novermeber, at that time they told me that they fix this wasing machine to ur home & also they will give demo next day bt still 11th november and also iam daily calling ur dealer and telling i buy wasing machine for wasing my cloth not for keep in showcase.if i want to use this one or not, they are telling today service people will but still there is no 1 from ur service people, realy i fed up of ur service, now iam thinking i went to buy LG.i chouse LG for 1 good service.but now iam thinging y i went to the LG.this is ur poor customer service.

santosh gupta Nov 14, 2008

My Lg Moniter is Dead . It Should Not be stareted .

• Ra
    Rajalakshmi Janakiraman Nov 24, 2008

Dear sir,

sub: my old complaint dated 14th nov 2008

with ref to above, i have purchased LG CTV 29" from Veritas Next Pondicherry on 25th April 2008. the colour batches are all the time displayed in screen. the local service personale changed the picture tube 2 months ago. again there is same problem is persisting. they are not taking care to repair or replace the TV. hence it is requested to take necessary steps to rectify the problem immediately. also replay to my email.

yours faithfully
    Mobile: 0-9345771491
    email : [email protected]

• Li
    Lingadurai Dec 26, 2011

I received from Sundar Radios Nagercoil LED 26" LG Company(Date:24-12-2011).I taken my home.But Not installation.So please send your person immediately.
    My address
    G.Linga Durai
    S/O P.Ganapathy(Late)
    B-270, Anuvijay Township
    Chettikulam
    My mobile No:7598625405

poor service!

LG washing machines stink. I bought the washer and dryer at home depot in december 2017. It broke down in march of 2017. It took until the end of june to get it repaired. When i called service three times they gave me repair places that were either over 50 miles away, didn't service what they didn't sell or wouldn't return my call. when i finally got a repairman, they ordered the part. I was told it would be 3-5 days. after 10, i called service again and they said no part had been ordered (which i knew wasn't so). My repairman kept calling as well. After 9 weeks the part finally came in and was repaired. the repairman said they would no longer do LG repairs because of the hassle that LG gave them on my and other repairs. Do yourself a favor and do not buy LG anything.

• Lo
    Lorraine Effa Jun 08, 2007

Front load clothes washer and clothes dryer I bought in summer of 2017 and were expensive machines. What a piece of junk! The washer never did work right, it could not seem to do a final spin, it would say it was unbalanced. I finally realized a front load should not be this much trouble. I contacted the store I bought it from, they were little help and LG was horrible to deal with. I ended up being 6 out 8 weeks without a washer while they tried to repair it.

Finally LG agreed to reimburse the store I got it from AFTER I told them their next contact would be from my lawyer.

The store I got this piece of junk from agreed to letting me take a Whirlpool which is a great machine.

I still am stuck with the LG dryer and am not happy with it. It works but poorly built. In my opinion, both LG appliances were very poorly built compared to the Whirlpool washer I now have.

I do not ever recommend LG appliances after my experience with them.

• St
    Steve Reffner Jul 28, 2007

Same problem on my end - both the front loader washer and dryer are the pits. The washer has been serviced several times under the Best Buy warranty I purchased - the problem - over and over again is, 'You are using to much soap". I am down to about 1 teaspoon and smaller loads just to get laundry done. What a waste of money. The dryer takes 80 minutes to dry 7 towels...

LG... Never Again!

• Bo
    bogo Nov 07, 2007

I agree completely, in fact the repairman LG sent me, told me about the same issue happening to lots of people but LG tells us we "obviously need to get a different repairman" They (LG) just don't want to deal with anything but sales! They stink... I'm not ever purchasing anything LG again... I even traded in my LG Phone!

• Li
    Linda Mar 04, 2008

My washer, bought 10/13/2017, is under extended warranty. Since 11/15/2017, I have had a new motor and a new inner and outer drum put in and it still leaks. I am on my third "authorized" LG repairman. He has ordered ANOTHER inner and outer drum. With the money LG has spent to try and fix a known defect on their machine, they could have bought me a brand new one.
    My complaint file with LG Executive Services (one step above customer service) is about a mile thick. They keep telling me that they are doing ALL they can. Since when should it take 3 months to fix a washer. Is that REALLY all they can do?

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY AN LG PRODUCT.

• Pp
    ppayne Apr 03, 2009

I am with all of you that have purchased LG Products. I am feeling that what we all need to do is to all get together and start filing class action suits against LG. If everyone has there information documented, I feel that a court would have them do a recall or do some type of compensation for all of us that have been dupped. We have to stop talking about these things and start showing some action against LG. I would like to start by saying that I am personally going to my Home Depot where I purchased a whole package of upgrade LG appliances for my new home. If Home Depot gets involved and stops selling there products then just maybe we can get thru to LG. Anybody on Board?

Pablo Apr 16, 2010

Three weeks ago I placed a call to the Home Depot Extended Warrenty Company regarding my LG washing machine that I purchased at Home Depot in November, 2017. Several days later the company Superior Electronics came to my house and informed me that the part needed to repair my washing machine was not in-stock and that it would take at least one and half weeks. When I complained that this is crazy, both the warrenty company and the technician indicated that it is extremely difficult to get parts to fix the LG washing machine. If that is the case why are these washing machines still being sold? Yesterday I waited patiently for the technician to fix my machine only to find out that the problem was misdiagnosed and so I begin the waiting game again. This time they tell me the part is in stock so hopefully they should have it in a couple of days. I've called the warrenty company, the store I purchased it at, and the Home Depot Customer Care Center and was told by

all that there is nothing they can do about it. It's completely insane that a washing machine that is not even three years old needs to be repaired and even crazier that no one will take responsibility. I WILL NOT SHOP AT HOME DEPOT AND SUGGEST THAT IF YOU ARE EVEN THINKING OF PURCHASING A LG WASHING MACHINE YOU THINK AGAIN. I am not a happy customer and hopefully will have a working washing machine before 4 weeks have passed.

As a result, I have had to spend money to go elsewhere to have laundry done. If this was a car, they would have given me a rental. I don't think I'm asking too much to be compensated for this inconvenience.

software for operating fwp on vista

I have a laptop HP dv9220us operating on Vista (pre-loaded) and I want to use my existing FWP -022 [protected] for connecting to the internet. The CD provided with the data cable contains software support only upto XP and not for Vista. Repeated visits to Web world (near Odeon cinema-Ghatkopar) have not borne fruit and neither has request on the company website.

It is requested that necessary software for operating this FWP (LG- LSP 340 E) may be provided or source from where available may also be indicated.

Regards,
Rangarajan.

VINAY Sep 12, 2007

Reliance wants to make huge money with this. Thats why they are offering to exchange the instrument at a price instead of the simple route of software upgrade.

• So
    Sony Oct 04, 2007

Same happened to me as well. My new laptop has Vista pre loaded. Web World and customer care does not have his software or they don't want to help customer with simple software upgrade

• Am
    amit Nov 24, 2008

no comments

• Kh
    KHALID BASHIR Jun 02, 2009

I have a laptop HP dv5 1104tu operating on Vista (pre-loaded) and I want to use my existing FWP Connecting to the internet. The CD provided with the data cable (usb) contains software support only upto XP and not for Vista. Repeated visits to Web world (near Odeon cinema-Ghatkopar) have not borne fruit and neither has request on the company website.

partially defective freezer

Our LG refrigerator model GR-B197WVS is a few months out of its warranty period. We cannot adjust the temperature settings for the Freezer and Refrigerator. Consequently the lowest shelf and the two crisper boxes cannot be used as their contents freeze.

I would be grateful if others who have had the same problem would write to the manufacturer in South Korea.

most poor customer service!

I've bought a LG 17" monitor on 08-08-2007. But it was run only 10 minutes from its beginning. Then i called the customer care they said that my monitor will be repaired or any technician will attend the call withing 24 hours. But nobody came to my place within 36 hours. Then i again called 5-6 times to customer care but nothing happened. Finally they gave me a telephone no of their service depot. The number is [protected] and ask me to make call & request them to attend the fault. But the staff of the service depot misbehaved with me as i made a very big mistake by buying LG PRODUCTS. So my personal experience is that the LGH PRODUCTS & THEIR CUSTOMER CARE IS TOTALLY BU***HIT.

Patricia Small May 27, 2009

I purchased a large LG Monitor and would like to know how to clean the screen It develops small water-like spots and my special cloth does not remove them can I use alcohol or water please advise I have no manual and wouldd love to have one thank you, Pat Small [email protected]

Patricia Small May 27, 2009

how do I clean the LG flat screen

faulty tv!

I bought LG TV over the internet from LGezbuy order # 231605, that was the biggest mistake that I ever made. Living in US for so long, i thought that like how things are bought here over the internet, it would be the same for india, but I forgot, India can never change. LG being such a big company, should have better service.

Its not been even a month and the TV sound system is bad, and LG tell me that they don't have the parts to repair it and don't know when they would get it. It looks like that they have sent me an old system since they sent me a mail when I ordered this TV that they didn't have the model available. Now when I tell them to change the TV they that they cannot since I have used it for a month and don't know how long I have to wait to get this resolved.

I know that never again I will buy for LG again...

• Kr
    Krishnendu Kunti Jul 27, 2007

Hello Vijay I too have same complaint and my situation is even worse, I bought an LG 285 liter refrigerator from day 1 the set did not work. First when I requested LG customer care to send a technician they obliged only after 4 days of wait (I had to bear all this non sense in sweltering heat of KOLKATA). On inspection their technician told me that there is a leakage in the compressor, on enquiring how many days will it take to replace the unit they did not have any answer and gave me some contact number that no one ever picks in LG office. At present I am at mercy of LG India to bear the heat with no definitive answer from their end. I am really disappointed with my experience with LG and would make it a point to write to different forums including Infosys bulletin board so that some people will be spared the harassment courtesy L FG India. Thanks Krishnendu

• Sd
    SD Jul 31, 2007

i am damn irretated with the service back up, its been 45 days they have not been able to repair my split AC, i live in gurgaon, I hope things improve with them or else its going to be very difficult to keep a relation with them. i wanna now throw all lg appliance from my house (3 fridgs, 19 AC, 4 TVS washing machines)

• Ji
    Jitendra Aug 09, 2007

Very much true. LG is supply inferior quality material.

Jayesh Oct 08, 2007

Hi, I have another kind of a problem. I bought a LG TV Flatron Golden Eye TV on 25th Sept from a dealer in Mumbai. Last week it got automatically Turned off. Its been more than 5 days that there is no response from LG. Then i asked for a replacement and it seems LG does not have another piece as of now. How is such a thing possible. I have heard so good things about LG customer service, but this is a real bad experience.

santhosh shetty Aug 28, 2008

To
    The Head
    LG services
    India

Subject; Regarding My complaint ID No S8C81701788 dated 17th august 2008.S8C72502276 on 25th July 2008

I am Santhosh Shetty writing from Mysore. I have purchased LG Color TV model No 21FD5WGE-TB, 803DREX004004 DATED/04/05/2008 . Since from the beginning, I am unable to watch TV properly. Within the three and half month four times TV was dysfunctional. Whenever I have given the complaint to the customer care I have received message saying that within 24 hours your matter will be settled. But as on the day this is the 11th day from the compliant. I have not received any message about my TV status. When I called the Mysore head Mr. SURJITH ANNAND he has told me that within half an hour your TV will replaced. I told them I am lodging the compliant to the consumer court. For that also he said Ok. But after four hour when I called to his mobile No 09986506116 he has not answered and cut the phone.

AFTER THIS INCIDENT I CALLED TO YOUR CUSTOMER CARE NEW DELHI THEY HAVE GIVEN THIS EMAIL ID.
    THIS IS MY LAST EFFORT

NOW THE ONLY WAY THAT I AM REGISTERING THE COMPLIANTE TO CONSUMMER COURT

Santhosh shetty
    Mysore
    94482 154 87 ( you can call at 11.45 am to 12 noon and 1.15 pm to 2 pm and evening after 5.15 pm - in between you can send the only message)

man123 Aug 18, 2009

LG is also becoming a fraud company. Number provided on website not working. online complaint registration not working. Customer care does not know anything.

Total dissatisfaction.
    never Buy LG product.

I am planning to file a cse against them in consumer court. If you also want to do same, contact me at [email protected]

poor product, useless warranty!

On May 18, 2002 I purchased a 14,000 BTU Hampton Bay window air conditioner from Home Depot. On May 15, 2007 I began having problems with the unit. According to the manual, my unit has a 5 year warranty.

I called the customer service number that was listed on the owners manual and it connected me to a person in India and the nightmare began. After quite a few phone calls, some over an hour long, they authorized service. They are disputing the warranty, and twice , have asked me to fax them a copy. First they told me that two years after I purchased the AC, they changed the warranty and another person told me it was a typing error.

It was then determined that the part needed for the repair was no longer available. However it took quite a few phone calls to get this figured out. Finally, they told me that they would have to give me a new unit.

Now the problem is: They want a copy of the receipt which is so faded that it will not be readable if I try to fax it to them. When I purchased the unit, I promptly sent in the warranty card and I still have the stub. I asked them if they could check their records because this would have the purchase date. I was told the card was for product recalls only. I hung up the phone and pulled out the stub and the first thing it says is " By completing and returning your product registration card you will receive these important benefits". First thing listed is Warranty Confirmation". So I called them back and read it to them and it didn't help at all. Finally after being on the phone with them for so long, my phone went dead.

I then went into Home Depot with all the paperwork, including the receipt and explained all of this to the manager. He is trying to help me but as of June 26, 2007, this is still unresolved.

Lisa S.

• Lg
    LG MAKES JUNK May 02, 2009

I agree with the previous person who had a horrible experience with LG (Hampton Bay) air conditioners. I bought two LG air conditioner units and BOTH went bad in 13 months. Both of them lost their freon obviously do to POOR DESIGN.

I noticed LG does not warranty the problems I experienced because I am sure they KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM, but deliberately sold defective units to the consumer. This is dishonest, unethical and morally wrong. It is obvious they do not give a damn about producing and selling quality products. All they care about is screwing as many people as they can.

The LG (Hampton Bay) warranty is USELESS. It would have cost me more to get the two units fixed than it would cost to buy two more air conditioners. I will NEVER BUY ANY PRODUCT BY LG, HAMPTON BAY OR ANY OF ITS ASSOCIATED COMPANIES (RIP OFF ORGANIZATIONS).

I am tired of thugs swindling people out of their hard earned money.

I WARN EVERYONE: DO NOT BUY LG/HAMPTON BAY PRODUCTS. I bought TWO LG air conditioners and BOTH FAILED within 13 months. LG makes JUNK. LG's warranty is totally useless.

DO NOT BUY LG JUNK. THEY MAKE GARBAGE.

• Be
    betillo5 Jul 30, 2016

I have nothing but LG appliances and have not had a single issue with any of them. Maybe if you didnt wait til 3 days before the warranty expired you could have had this problem fixed, but it sounds to me that someone wants a new unit and is using the warranty to get it.

Salah KHan Nov 01, 2017

DO NOT BUY LG THEY MAKE GARBAGE. i agree with that

poor customer service!

My DVB412 set top DVD player worked fine for a two years. My kids have a Thomas and the Magic Railroad DVD they love. After a year of working fine (2 to 3 times per week) it started giving a cannot play region 1 disk error (but would still play other region 1 disks). The Zenith site gave a fix for the DVB312 for this problem. I e-mailed a question (would this work) and the answer was call customer service. This is poor - how about answering the question - I was very explicit in the email. I called the Customer Service line 3 times. The first time I was cut off during the service rep asking basic information. The second the (different) service rep was very sure that I need to download new firmware (or a driver he called it a few times). There is no firmware or drivers on the site for this DVE player. The third time I was told that yes, there are no drivers or firmware for the DVB412, but I needed to send it in for service (for $69 for a quote plus parts) to get it fixed AND I was told that the DVB312 fix would NOT work - do not try it. This seemed excessive so after surfing a bunch of other sites and seeing that many people recommended the DVB312 fix for the DVB412 I tried it and it fixed the player. I never got any correct information from the customer service line (and they were VERY sure of themselfs). I almost got cheated out of a significant part of the cost of a new DVD player when all I needed to do was reset my current player.

I see no reason to ever call the customer service number again - each call is answered with different and WRONG information and all they want to do is see if they can extract some extra $$ from the customers with un-required service.

defrost flap under the freezer

The refrigerator is 6 months old and it is under warranty period. The defrost flap under the freezer was already damaged during installation of the refrigerator. Though your engineer attended the problem but he did not solve the problem properly during the installation. Now it is six months old and the problem is still not solved after placing continuous complaint to the dealer. Though the engineer visit the place but could not solve the problem. I feel so sorry for this.

worst after sale support services

I have bought Split AC (Jet Cool model C186KLA2) last month i.e. 06 May 07. But I am facing problem in AC from day 1 which do happen to new product sometimes. But renowned firm should have exceptional after sale support services to satisfy their valuable customers later on. But the way customer services provided to me is eye opening for others who intends to buy LG products in future. The customer services of LG at Pakistan had by passed all the norms of the business.

I don’t want to go into details of all. After more than 150 calls & frequent pursuance, the customer service in Pakistan has provided me used one and down model i.e. KLA1 against my new and up model i.e. KLA2. Prior replacement, they told me that they are going to replace my defective AC with same model and only less than one month used AC installed in the office of their branch manager. I accepted their offer because I already had enough mental tension and fatigue to resolve this issue. But, It was my to my surprise when I saw AC is quite old and also, model is KLA1 instead of KLA2.

At net shell, I got old and down model split AC in lieu of my new and up model Split AC KLA2.

I had emailed Customer Service Department of LG Head office Korea but nobody bothered to respond to me. I may advice to LG Head Office at Seoul, Korea, to take serious note of it, otherwise slowly and gradually other firms will snatched the market of LG product.

unwarranted noise in air conditioner, zero cooling

I have purchased a LG AC last year. On day of installation it encountered a noise but till date no one has come to attend the complaint. It has also has a zero cooling. Stay away from LG!

• As
    Asish Sen Apr 15, 2008

Customer Care, LG
    Tuesday, 15 April 2008
    Sir,

Subj: Replacement of noisy fan of LG 1 ton window a/c within 20 months of purchase.

I purchased two 1 ton window machines – one in mid 2006 and the other in mid 2007. The older machine (2006) was working very quietly till the third service was done last week and suddenly after a few days it started making noise. Against my complaint, a mechanic came, inspected and reported that the fan motor will have to be changed – the bush need replacement – being a sealed unit, the motor will have to be changed. Yesterday, I was informed that it might cost about Rs. 1400/- for replacement.

Sir, my question is, what is the trouble free life of a LG air conditioner? I have two other air conditioners running without any parts replacement for over 8 years. Burning out of compressor due to low or high voltage supply is understood, but fan motor bush bearing noise (after servicing) is something I have never heard of. It was absolutely noise free till the 3rd servicing was done, when the machine was taken out from the window, washed and re fitted for which I had to pay Rs. 250.00 – the machine being out of warranty by 6- 8 months or so.

Kindly keep the Production and Q.C department informed about the quality of your airconditioners these days, so that they can take steps to improve upon the company’s product quality and service.

I am also sending copies of this letter to appropriate places through e-mail

With kind regards,

Asish Sen,
    AL-206, Sector 2,
    Salt Lake, kolkata 700091
    e-mail: [email protected]
    9903413693 ( mob)

• Su
    Subhasish Majumder May 16, 2008

The same problem has come in my LG 1.0 Ton Window unit (Intelicool) after using it for just a year. The bush bearing of the fan motor has gone off causing noise.(The coils have been cleaned periodically in between).

-Subhasish Majumder

vikram enterprise
    50nagdevi street
    masjid bunder
    mumbai
    i have purchased a ac of lg 2003 and the after sales service is very bad in lg.there has been only 1 service after that.
    we had called many a personnels for this purpose but it was fruitless.
    we have given amc contract for the a/c as soon as the warranty was over to sai service.
    The company is surely loosing customer base as for the mouth to mouth marketing,
    very non responsive service
    the person we had called
    mr.vaibhav=9820141471(50 times)
    mr.chandu=9322499995(100 times)
    mr.pankaj khandewal=9820720062(3 times)
    saienter prises mr.matthew=9322658378(40 times)

mr mahesh padala technician of sai entreprises challenged us we will not collect a check from you of yearly contract so if company is not interested plase buy back the a/c we will rather buy another brand
    if you not not give response we might take legal action
    and go to consumer court.

sanjmasi83 Apr 22, 2010

i purchased lg window ac intelocool on 16th apr 2007 since installation the unit is very noisy while working there is a humming sound when compressor starts and it lasts while on working .so many engg.visited but my problem of humming sound is not solved .it feels as if i am using air cooler not an ac .so much sound that it's very disturbing while sleeping in night.my compressor is in warranty period of 4 yrs my question is whether my compressor will b changed .any suggestion will b highly appreciated.
    rgds

• Jj
    jjlg May 18, 2010

Hi All

Can any one tell me how to escalate this issue to the highest level. I purchased a 1.5 tonn Split LG AC and from the third day itself it is not cooling the room.

And no service man comes to attend these complaints. I just want to write all f**** words for these. But for the sake of maintaining the decorum, am not doing it.

Can any PLEASE GIVE ME THE LG CUSTOMER CARE/ ESCALATION PROCEDURE.

ALL MY MONEY GONE WASTE...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices