Having problems with LG Electronics?

8800 200 7676 (Russia)
800 545 454 (South Africa)
80 054 (UAE)
+82 264 564 337 (Head Office, South Korea)
+1 800 243 0000 (United States)
+44 344 847 5454 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 054 2273 (Australia)
+43 800 080 040 (Austria)
+32 15 200 255 (Belgium)
+42 810 555 810 (Czech Rebuplic)
+45 78 796 454 (Denmark)
+358 80 005 454 (Finland)
+31 900 543 5454 (Netherlands)
+351 808 785 454 (Portugal)
+852 35 437 777 (Hong Kong)
+65 65 120 555 (Singapore)
+966 800 244 2929 (Saudi Arabia)
+90 444 6543 (Turkey)
+54 800 888 5454 (Argentina)
LG Twin Towers, 20, Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu

Canada
20 Norelco Drive. North York, ON M9L 2X6 Canada
Phone: +1 647 253 2510

United Kingdom
LG house 250 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX U.K.
1000 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Austria
Office Campus Gasometer, Guglgasse 15, Bauwerk 4a/Stock 5&6, A-1110 Wien, Austria

Belgium

Jakob-Kaiser Strasse 12, 47877 Willich, Germany

Finland
Ayritie 12 A 01510 Vantaa Suom

France
Paris Nord II 117, Avenue des Nations-B.P. 59372 Villepinte 95942 Roissy CDG CEDEX, France

Greece
Ethnarhou Makariou St. Delta Paleo Faliro P.O. Box 77331 GR17501 Paleo Faliro, Athens, Greece

Hungary

Lysaker Torg 15 Postboks 275 1326 Lysaker

Poland
ul. Woloska 22, Mokotow Nova, 02-675 Warszawa, Poland

Portugal
Quinta da Fonte - Edificio D. Amelia Rua Vitor Camara, 2 Piso 2, 2770-229 Paco de Arcos, Portugal

Romania

Complejo Europa Empresarial, Ctra. N-VI Km 24, 28230, Las Rozas (Madrid), Spain

Sweden
P.O. Box 83 Esbogatan 18 SE-164 94 Kista, Sweden

China
20th Floor, West Tower, Twin Towers, B-12, Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, PRC
Hong Kong
6F, 633 Building, 633 King's Road North Point, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 29 095 172

India
Plot No.51, Udyog Vihar, Phase-2 Surajpur-Kasna Road Greater, Noida U.P (201306), India

Japan
Kyobashi Trust Tower 15F, 2-1-3 Kyobashi Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8301, Japan

Singapore
6 Temasek Boulevard #10-01 Suntec Tower 4, Singapore, 038986

Israel
11 Galgaley Haplada St. Herzeliya 46733, Israel

Saudi Arabia
Sary street, Al Khaledya District, 101 building, 5th floor, 3355 Al Khalidyah unit 5, Jeddah 23423 - 8940, Saudi

South Africa
LG House, Rand Airport Road, Raceway Industrial Park Monte Carlo Drive, Gosforth Park, Germiston 1419 PO Box 973, Alberton 1450, South Africa

Turkey
Kaptanpasa Mah. Piyalepasa Bulvari No:14 Okmeydani Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey

UAE
P.O. Box 61445, Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E.

Argentina
Av. Del Libertador 498-Piso 22 (C1001ABR) - Capital Federal, Argentina

Brazil
Market Place Tower 2, Av. Dr Chucri Zaidan, 940-3rd Floor, Vila Cordeiro, Sao Paulo-SP, CEP04583-110

Mexico
Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, No.555, Col. San Lorenzo, Tlalnepantla, Estado de Mexico, C.P.54033, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved poor performance/cust. sv.

We purchased LG washer, dryer, refridgerator & dishwasher all at the same time 2 years ago. We spent thousands of dollars on the appliances. In the first 2 months the dishwasher motor burned out and was replaced. Then, 1 year and 6 months after the purchace there was a fire in the refridgerator from the light source. Now, 2 years from the purchase the washing machine is dead. No power to it at all. The outlet has power and there is power going into the electrical cord, but the machine is dead. Customer service says that LG won't stand behind their machines after the one year manufacturer warranty and we're on our own to fix it. Never, never buy LG appliances. They stink!!!

• Al
    Allie 9volt May 26, 2009

Our LG washing machine leaks. It was next to impossible to get through on the phone and get a service person out there. Even after they showed up and supposedly fixed it, it still leaks. We've only had it 6 months. What a piece of crap!

• Ji
    JimmyD210 Jun 17, 2009

I had to take off and repair our over the stove venting microwave unit. The stainless steel skin on the door came loose and you could not open the door.. The unit has been in service less than 2 years!! I Would never even consider calling customer service nor would I purchase an LG product again...

• Ha
    harish jiwal Feb 08, 2011

I Purchased a LG Fridge Model No: 365YM0G5 through Neha Electronics (P) Ltd., LG dealer in Mayur Vihar Phase-I Delhi vide bill no.0019503 book no.391 dated 06/04/2010. i am facing problem with my refrigerator which i purchased is causing rust on the door part of the refrigerator body, for the same i have already loged a complaint to the LG customer care centre (Complaint no. RNA110103042940 & RNA110118026008) but no action has been taken yet, after complaining a representative came at my place and told me that rust which is occuring on the body of the refrigerator is a manufacturing defect which needs replacement of the Main Door of the Fridge within a week time. So far, nobody has come to replace the same. On 19/01/2011 when I talked to your call centre regarding my complaint one Mr. Anuj told me that your call has been closed due to non warranty of parts and customer is “not agree to chargeable basis”. But when I checked on internet there is one year warranty is showing for the parts of fridge.

Repeated reminder & E-mail. No action has been taken in this regard.
    I advise to people do not purchase LG product because LG's after sales service is very poor.

• Da
    Dawn Florida Mar 18, 2011

I, too, purchased LG appliances three years ago, French door refrigerator, already replaced broken parts, cheaply made, the oven had to have the circuit board replaced (right after the waaranty ran out) the door to the range is rusting and I'm scared to use the self-cleaning oven because the repairman told me that was the cause of the circuit board blowing! I will never buy another LG appliance they are JUNK!!!

Resolved broke after 2 years

I purchased the LG Refrigerator - French Door / Bottom Freezer LG model LFC22760. On its 2 year anniversary, the door broke. It turns out there is a very cheaply made plastic part that clips to the body that keeps each side door shut. Without it, the broken side doesn't positively seal. Online, the replacement part costs $85, and includes the entire door gasket. I've never had a large appliance break in so little time. Conceivably, I will need to buy 5-10 of them (2 doors...) over the life of the refrig. I'm disappointed - styling is great, but quality says Don't Buy LG!

Resolved poor customer service

We purchased and entire kitchen suite of appliances from LG Electronics and within two months had an issue with the icemaker. For the next 7 months the icemaker was change 4 times, the computer was changed, the control valve was changed along with the harness. It was finally determined that the refrigerator was unrepairable and would be replaced. The problem was that the model we have is no longer available and we had to take one that did not match the rest of the appliances. It was our problem not theirs and they would do nothing to make it right. We waited a long time to remodel our kitchen and we made sure that all the appliance matched, but because LG dragged the repair process out for 7 months when it came time to replace the defective unit, a matching unit was no longer available. LG has one of the poorest customer service organizations I have ever dealt with, DO NO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.

Resolved bad quality

I bought an lg 32 inch lcd tv exactly 2 years ago. and yesterday I turned on the tv only to see a that the screen is not working. and this tv is only two years old! and they dnt come cheap either!

So thank you lg, because samsung now has a new customer. I will never buy another lg product of any sort ever again. for a tv to last only 2 years is simply not good enough. you spend money on these things and you expect them to last you a long time. especially if you buying (well so I thought) an lg product!

• Ki
    kishore May 20, 2009

lg remote is not working properly

• Lg
    lg really sucks Apr 19, 2010

My LG 42pc3d has broken for the second time in 3 years. No picture just sound needs a new y sus board. Its a lemon lots of problems with LG TV's and other products. just do a search. Do yourself a favour and buy another brand. Customer service is horrid!

• Lo
    LordHammer Dec 10, 2010

LG Infinia 60PK950 60-inch 1080p Plasma HDTV (Electronics)
    I had this TV and loved it for 90 days and than the problems have started. Right now I have been with out TV for a about 60 days. LG customer service is a disaster...horrible they just read scripts, lie to you and even hang up on you when you catch them in a lie. In all fairness to Amazon I purchased through Magnolia or Best Buy. So right now BB will not help other than sending geek squad to "fix it" LOL yeah right most of those guys are pimple faced kids who I would not trust hooking up my TV let alone testing and replacing circuit boards. LG has sent 3 repair people out to my house to fix it.

GUY number 1

I thought great he made and evening appointment quickly and seemed to be on the ball. Than he came to my house...wow...

Took 2 hours of messing around to tell me my Y sustain board is broke and needs to be replaced. After waiting a week for parts he replaced Y sustain board and it did not fix the issue. He plays around for another 2 hours and than says I need to bring my 60 inch tv to his shop...Excuse me I am not bringing it anywhere your supposed to fix it in my home. Secondly if it breaks on the way there or in your shop I will be out a $2200 TV.

Call LG back and after being on hold for an hour finally get a completely disinterested customer service rep who was reading from one of those lovely little scripts and tells me that they can send someone else out who is highly recommended or I can wait 2 weeks for LG service itself. 2 weeks????? I mean come on already at this point you should be replacing my TV it is brand new...oh but wait LG does not consider a 80 day old TV brand new, they act like it is my old POS i need fixed.

I mean come on LG this is your flagship model Plasma TV at the time I purchased it. IT was a $3000 TV and I got Best buy to match Amazon Price for $2200, not some Walmart special that is substandard and uses cheap parts.

They than proceed to tell me that they will only at their choosing replace the TV when they feel they have exhausted all other options. And than I will get a refurb TV at that!!! Add to this insult the fact they can replace it with a "like model" (which means it can be a 50 inch cheaper model) and I should be happy about it. WTF!!! So frustrated as all hell I book the next repair clowns that come out in 5 days.

Guy number 2

Comes out to my house looks at the TV and can not figure out if the TV is even on or not...what a [censor]. I have to help him understand how I know the TV is actually on. He than pulls out the volt meter (oh no flash backs of the fool above who used the volt meter for 2 hours) and says he finds the problem in about 5 minutes. Cool he says the last guy was on track with the Y sustain but it is actually the buffer board that plugs into the Y sustain that was causing the problem. Allright now were getting somewhere. Wait another week for Dumb LG to ship parts, than another 4 days for company to have free opening for fixing TV. after waiting all day since they only will give you an 8 hour window, they showed up the last hour they could have...real nice.

So he replaces the board we get giddy with excitement and boom nothing happens. I mean it's like a standup comic who bombs the puch line right as the rim shot is given. He looks for more problems cant find any after an hour and says he is going to recommend to LG that it be replaced.

I wait 2 days and call LG and repair guy recommend that it be replaced was never recieved at LG even though reapir company says they did. LG makes up some lie about repair service being allergic to animals in my house and that they could not fix the TV due to the animals. WHAT!!! ARE YOU F ING KIDDING ME!!! THIS IS SOME BS JOKE RIGHT??? But no they were quite serious. So after debating and hour with the lower Juan Wilson (I am sure not his real name, keep in mind I wait 43 miutes to reach Juan so now almost 2 hours) I finally get the answer I am looking for, I need to speak to the Executive service team (the people above the standard schmoe who will not help me). Oh and how convient they left 30 minutes ago. Rage consumes me and I dream of driving up to LG headquaters and throwing the TV threw the CEO's window and it hits him on the head causing him to see the "light"...but alais I come back down to earth ...it is a 60 inch TV after all, I am big and strong but not sure how far I could throw the TV. Hang up and realize I have to wait until monday this is now friday night.

Call on monday morning at work and get the 28 minute wait..hey were improving on customer service times now...whohooo

I get someone who they put on the phone who barely speaks english. I am not racist but come on LG Why in gods name would you put someone on the phone with a US citizen who can not speak in complete english sentences?????? They end up hanging up on me as I tried to get them to understand the issue for 30 minutes...put me on hold after telling me they finally understood the issues...OMG really...

Another call to LG and another 50 minute wait this time (hope your like your 800 number bill LG ...jagoffs) I get someone in atlanta that was nice (getting excited maybe they will finally be the one to help me) she gets me in queue for exceutive service team (good lord, another 15 min wait). I get the executive service team and of course they have attitude right away (look if you dont want to do the fing job I am sure there is people out there who are unemployed who would love the chance lady) and she gives the standard company lines and scripts and proceeds to lie to me and tells me she cant book and direct LG tech since there are none in my area...but wait two other people told me their were...she's BS me and I caught her in a lie and I call her on it. She gets flustered and shuts down. She is pretty much telling me I should feel lucky if they will even fix the TV at all, this after I spent $2200 on a $3K TV.

After some interesting debating again, she will not do anything but book more repair fools to come out.

Repair Guy 3 comes out and says Z sustain board is problem and he has seen this issue with LG before and even tells me that LG has had many problems with Z boards and how the cheap chinese part is to blame. Sounds like my kind of guy..but hey come on I am skeptical...I have heard this answer before.

Another week wait for parts and another 4 days for open repair appointment. Guy comes out with part and big surpise ...part no workie...

Now I am stuck in LG hell wanting to send a 4th repair company out...I just want an FING TV that works and get what I paid for...

Not sure where this will end up or if I am out my $2200 bucks...but this should be enough warning to help others not make the same mistake I did...

Funny thing is I work for a cellphone company and we carry LG phones..only after speaking with others in the company and sharing my story do I hear about how bad LG phones are as well. Shoot sounds like LG has a common theme going...lets Screw the customer to make some money. Sure fire way to go out of business in my book but hey whatever.

So please no matter what you do keep your money and buy something else but LG.

• Ne
    Neverlg Mar 17, 2011

I purchased an lg tv model 47 le5400 12/26/10.
    On 3/10/11 the tv breaks down no sound or picture but when powered on lg insignia illuminates so I know voltage isn't the problem. I do service on alot of high end appliances such as subzero, wolf, Bosch etc...
    I kinda know how these things work. I call lg and their customer service skills are piss poor. They have your money now and we the consumer are stuck with crap. They set up an appt. For the guy to come out and look at it and let me tell he didn't even know how to turn it on. He also stated he had a service manual at his shop, but he didn't think to bring it and he would need to take it to his shop b/c he wanted to call tech line. He had a cell phone and I had two that he could've used but he refused to call from my home. Called lg and explained the situation but they don't care. I will never have another lg product

• Vi
    vincentagcat Jan 03, 2012

I will be going to SAMSUNG also. On my" LG TV The Power Standby Indicator sits and flashes on and off and can not be switched off even when plug pulled and replugged. It has taken up to 12 hrs. to get TV turned on. ( All over a $3.50 capacitor)

Resolved new phone — part missing

I purchased a new LG cell phone in a sealed package. Upon opening the package and reading the enclosed user guide-page 5 states "Check To Make Sure That You Have All The Parts Shown Below"-which includes a headset that was missing from the package. After trying to go back to the store purchased at (Sears) I was told that because it was a sealed package with a part missing I would have to contact the LG Customer Service Dept. and have them send me the missing item at no charge. What a joke, after talking to a CSR person followd by 2 CSR managers and even faxing to one of the managers a copy of page 5 in the user guide, I was told they would not send me a replacement for the missing headset at no charge--I would have to purchase the item at regular price. How can it be that any company that gives a consumer a clearly written user guide showing all the parts that should be shipped with an item could possibly tell the consumer--we will not provide the missing part at no charge? This is ridiculous, if not downright illegal. Never will purchase any item large or small from a company that rips off it's customers like LG does.

• Ih
    I heart quality Sep 16, 2009

We bought three LG 5500 phones in May, 2009. By August one failed completely. No visual. Total darkness. The second cracked and bled though so nothing could be seen on the screen. Service dept. wanted me to pay for repair. Products suck. Don't buy them

• Lu
    lulubell4466 Oct 20, 2009

I bought my son LG 5500 in may 2009, now in October 2009, his screen started being upside down and now is blank most of the time. Very disappointed.

• Bn
    bn venugopal Mar 29, 2010

Hollo,
    1. I have LG mobile phone. Old one but I love it very much.I lost faith in LG these days, where as I had every thing LG with me. I have spent more than the cost of the set by now. There is no place in India i tied to get battery for my set. The model is ccc 600. Can you help me to regain he lost hope. I wwill be at [email protected]

Resolved poor quality and poor customer care service

I purchased an LG Home Theatre System from Best Buy on February 5, 2009. On March 22nd, 2009 the DVD player...

Resolved defective tv/poor customer service

This is a letter I sent to LG Electronics after having no success with customer service for defective TV...

Resolved servive overcharging

complaint to LG:

My LG washing machine leaks and I believe that the rubber gasket inside the door needs to be replaced. I contacted your service center in Phuket on Poon Poon Rd (tel [protected]). They quoted me 1, 800 Baht to replace and said that 1, 200 baht was the price of the gasket. I contacted LG in Bangkok and discovered that the gasket is only 552 Baht plus shipping & tax. I am requesting that you supply me with the "standard" price to replace the gasket and/or another location in Phuket that will provide a more "honest" service. If your service centers cheat customers and inflate prices in this manner, your customers will not purchase LP products in the future! Rather than be cheated like this, I'd rather throw the washing machine away and buy another one (not LG!). If I can't have it repaired in the next several days at a reasonable cost, that's exactly what I'll do. I look forward to hearing from you.

LG customer service reply:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your replying mail, I would like to explain for the standard of repair cost as below ;

- Cost of gasket is 762 Baht (Included Shipping Fee and Tax. 7%)
- Cost of Service is 749 Baht .(Included Tax.7%)

Please kindly confirm your convenience date for us again then we will provide you for the spare part and the exactly time of repairing.

We are looking forward to serve you very soon.

Best Regrads,

• Ph
    Phil Emjaytee Jun 24, 2014

Sir,

The remote control for my 42-inch LG flat-screen TV is not working properly and I think I need a new one. I went back to the shop at Central Festival where I bought the TV (about three years ago), but they told me they could not sell me a new remote, but there was an LG shop somewhere in Phuket Town where I could buy a new remote.
    I have been unable to find this shop. Could you please tell me where the LG shop is in Phuket Town, and let me have their telephone number?
    My email address is [email protected]

Resolved lgmedsupply commits fraud!

The First Act of FRAUD is they advertise "FREE Shipping" - well you have to purchase over 100.00 to get it...

no service no response

my LG washer/dryer combo gave me an error code, i logged a call for the repair, i was informed that i had to pay the call out fee of R427, 50 before anyone actually came out. I made payment on the 16 Jan 2009.on the 19 Jan a technician by the name of Regan came out, he informed me that it was the PC board and he would phone me with the price of the PC board the next day. He NEVER called. 2 days later on the 21 Jan, i phoned Cape Electronics(LG cape town) to find out the price of the part. The lady that answered knew nothing about it and said that she would find out from Regan and call me back. She did call me back and informed me that the part costs a further R891.97 and it had to be ordered from Johannesburg, so it would be here by the Monday.
Regan arrives on the Tuesday, 27 Jan with the part, but then sees that the latch is also broken and therefore the machine can NOT be fixed, he has to get that part from Johannesburg now and it costs a further R73.
I phoned his supervisor to complain, I got no where.
On the 28 Jan i called the call centre and explained by story, the lady said she would investigate and get back to me. She called me back later in the day to say she can not get hold of Cape Electronics and would call me back once she has heard from them. She NEVER called back.
On the 29 Jan i called the call centre again and spoke to Zamza who was unable to help me and referred me to another lady by the name of Sumaya, who NEVER called me back.
I called her back later and had to explain myself yet again.
she was rude and unhelpful.
later on the 29 Jan i called the head office and got the email address of the MD of LG South Africa and emailed him by story. I NEVER heard from him or any one from LG.
On the 30 Jan Regan finally arrived with the latch and fitted the part.
The machine worked 2 times and on the 5 Feb 2009 the machine made a sound and switched off, tripping the mains.
i phoned Regan and told him what happen, he said he would call me back by the next day no later than 12pm, as I was leaving on a overseas trip at 2pm.
He NEVER called.
i arrived back from holiday and on the 5 March I phoned Cape Electronics to speak to Regan and ask him when he will be coming out, he was not there, so i spoke to Arthur, who said he would get Regan to call me back.
Today is the 9 March, my machine is still broken, I have explained myself to at least 5 different people and emailed the MD and still nothing.
Life is good for LG, hey?????

• Ni
    NICOLE VIEIRA MEYER Oct 19, 2011

I have bought a LG vacume machine and it is totally rubish as i have to take it in for repair and for a new machine, I cannot therefore be spending petrol money for the same issue this is ridiculas, This will be the third time tha i will have to take it in for repair. I WANT MY MONRY BACK!!!

• Ge
    George Gueorguiev Jul 12, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam, On the 06/07/2015 I took my TV LG 47 inch LED to LG Service(ET 15 Electronics PTY Ltd) in Montague Gardens, 10 Stella Rd, Cape town .My TV is still working, but unfortunately from the Eskom Load Shedding, the TV have no picture, but sound for about 10 minutes, and then the picture comes on. And the TV works perfectly after this. I paid R.200 for quotation and I wait 4 Days for answer from them.Today I went fisically there to have answer for the quotation.I am sending you the attachment with the quot I have from them.Please can you respond to me to Whom I need to take my TV to be fix and according to the quotation I think that this is a Scam. I saw in there premisses they are selling second hand TVs and I presume are the TVs from the civil people who believe that there TVs are not wort the money to be fixed and they leave them there. Unfortunately I'm not one of them and I want assistance from You competitors to resolve this problem for not repairing my TV for the real service and price.My quotation from them is for new panel, that cost R.9200 excluding the labour, because they say is no power to the unit . I'm watching it at the moment . After I start the tv the picture starts in approximately 15 minutes, but we have sound. For me LG is good its just the services they provide are all not for the real price, as we expected. So the people who repairs the appliances must take a note from that. And we had to pay R.200 for there quotation. And I'm sure it is something small, because after it gets warm up it's working perfectly.

Resolved no service and no guarantee

I am sure about it that the buyers are suffering from a post-purshased aguish. I have been a victim of LG and I purchased LG Home Cinema- DV-55. They gave me the gurantee for one year of its best working but very unforgettably I found it worst the very next day as no film was displaying on the screen and a bad quality of sound exposed the Quality of LG product to me very next day . I like the company to take action against the showroom in Karachi and I love them to call me with all proofs. I like that to be replaced or refunded. the company will lose its goodwill in Karachi under such a group of pretenders.

Resolved defective sound system

On June, 2008 I purchased a 47" a LG package (LCD -TV with an audio system, from Best-buy in Markham. Few weeks later, when my children finished school I installed the system. The TV worked but the Audio system did not work. The sound was horrible, no access to the setup menu and the DVD did not work at all. I called Best-buy and I was told to call LG directly. So I called the LG customer service and they recommended that I buy new HDMI cables. I did but no luck. They kept suggesting different things but nothing worked. I kept calling the customer service (Note the LG Canada customer service they work Mon to Fri - 9am to 5pm!! and the LG USA referred me back to the LG Canada who only work when I am out at work). Anyway, my calls to the customer service continued with no luck at all. By October I was told to take the unit to a designated LG repair shop, so I did. I was told it would take a week and they will call me back when the unit is ready for pickup. But two weeks have passed and no call. I called them to find out that they were waiting for a new DVD and sound parts, and they will call me within a few days. Another two weeks and no call. I called the repair shop and found out that they have received the DVD and the Audio parts but they were waiting for a motherboard parts!! I called LG and I was put on hold for 45 minutes and when they returned back the line went off. I called again and the same thing happened on hold for a long period and when they return the line hangs up, this had happened many times. I sent a fax explaining the problem and asked them to replace the unit with a new one as I am not ready to take back a defected brand new unit.

My fax was received but no reply from LG. I sent them an email, again no reply. I talked to a customer service and asked if a supervisor or a manger to talk to me but they said no that is not possible.

However, I was informed that a new replacement unit order was issued and i will receive the unit within few days Nothing happened! I called almost every day but I get the same answer wait.

I asked if they can speed up the process so I can get the replacement unit before the new year holidays. They said they will call me. The holidays passed and here we are in January 2009 but nothing happened. Still I am waiting for my unit back. The same answer always, "WAIT...WAIT...someone will call you", but never anyone did return my call!

Since I purchased the unit I have called LG at least five times a week. Sent them e-mails, fax mailed them asked them to call me back but so far I did not receive any reply not even when they put me on hold for over half an hour and they hang the line up on me, they never call back to apologize or return my calls. I never ever had experienced a horrible treatment from any other company in the past.

I even asked them if they can provide me with a temporary working unit till my replacement unit is ready, just for the year end holidays and school winter vacation. Their answer was a complete neglect! and a big NO.

Before anyone purchases any product from LG please try their customer service and find out their treatment. also you can send me an e-mail to find out more about this unacceptable treatment, horrible service and cheap products!

Imagine you purchase a product for the summer vacation and summer ended and Christmas and new year holidays passed and winter holidays passed and you are still waiting from LG to have your system back. This is unforgettable nightmare!

Resolved electric range / oven

Purchased an LG Oven 2 years ago. It is and continues to be a "LEMON". We've had nearly every major component replaced and on Christmas Day the main element and motherboard shorted out and tripped our circuit breaker. All is now fried and must be replaced or repaired. LG agreed to extend the warranty (how nice) except for the fact that we've been without a stove for (1) month and waiting. We don't want it fixed we want the cash so we can buy a good stove from another company, since LG appliances clearly suck.

Resolved false advertising and horrendous service

I went to Game at Westgate mall in Gauteng on 16 December 2008. I intended buying a few major applicance from there and I first went to purchase a television set. There was an LCD full HD tv advertised for R 12 999.00. About three tvs down the line an advertising borad with the same specs advertised the tv for R9 999.00. I asked te salesman helping me which tv was that as that was the one I wanted. He looked at the board advertising the price and quickly removed the board. H ethen told me it was an advertising error, that was not the LCD but the plasma tv. I informed him that I was entailed to the price advertised and that was what I wanted, he agreed by law that was what I was entitled to but went to call the manager. He then came back and told me that due to the errror the manager was willing to give me the set at R 11 500.00, told him I wanted the advertised price and could he please call the manager. A merchadise manager by the name of IaN sLATER then came through. He looked at me in a dismissive manner, went to the salemen, took the board adertising the tv for R 9 999.00 from him, came over to me, in an abrupt manner said his name was Ian Slaater, inocrrectly misrepresented himself as the store manager, just told me that the price was human error and he was retracting it and walked away. I asked the salesperson waht happended to the price offer of R 11 500. He went back to phone mr slater and I was told it was no longer on offer.

On wednesday, I phoned a lady by hte name of Rina to complain I requested an oppology from Mr slater for his manneer as I belived his treatment towards me was because I was a black customer, she said she would investigate the matter and getback to me, A few hours later Mr ian Slater called, he said regarding the tv, he could now give it to me at R11 970, ( the third price on same tv set). I then asked him if that was the only reason he was calling he said yes, I asked him if he did not think he needed to oppologise, he said if I thought he had to oppologise he would and that he treats everyone that way. I requested a call from the store manager which he said he wouald ask him to call, the matter seemed to die a natural death with Game there.

service - lack of

A 3 year old LG Front Loader HE Washer showed error code LE.
A call to LG produced no local or regional servicing dealer. We are in central KY. A week later and calls to several repair services, finally found one from 60 miles away. Diagnosis revealed the need for a new motor. The motor is still under warranty. I have called the service several and LG. Replacement or refurbished motors are generally not available. LG suggested I look at a junk yard to find a used motor. The repair service is still trying to get a unit from LG. Today LG tells me to remove the motor and take it to an electric motor repair shop.

Service - Well No.

John S Mar 04, 2009

Motors rarely ever fail on LG washers.
    The most common cause of an "LE" error is overuse of detergent.
    In most cases--simply disconnecting power and re-plugging the washer will "reboot" the main control (clear the error message) and allow continued use of the washer until the next oversuds occurs.
    If done repeatedly--eventually the component that fails is the HALL EFFECT SENSOR.
    This sensor overheats when heavy suds "drags" the basket (or tub) during the high speed spin cycle and eventually "quits"---triggering an "LE" error which eventually cannot be remedied by simply removing power to the washer.

HALL EFFECT SENSOR p/n: 6501KW2002A ($12.95).

After a new sensor has been installed--it is IMPERATIVE that the correct type and amount of "HE" (High Efficiency) low suds type detergent be used.
    Three concentrations of "HE" detergent are commonly sold:

HE (regular strength): (2) Tablespoons Per Wash
    HE 2X (double concentrated): (1) Tablespoon Per Wash
    HE 3X (triple concentrated): (1) Teaspoon Per Wash

Using the correct type & amount of this detergent prevents the following:

1) Error message & interrupted cycle.
    2) Musty odor
    3) L-O-N-G cycle times (far in excess of estimated time displayed).
    4) Water leak (small amount).
    5) Insufficient cleaning results.
    6) Damage to the HALL EFFECT SENSOR over time.

• Va
    Valorie Mar 31, 2009

I Have an lg front loading washer and the rubber molding has mold and a teribble smell. Of course it is not under warrenty. I would never by anything made by LG. Valorie from Cincinnati

• Aj
    ajmad Apr 02, 2009

LG WM1814CW front load washer.
    We have owned it for just about 3 yrs now, purchased at Home Depot along with its acompanying dryer for $1600.00. It was installed by Home Depot as well
    The drain pump has burned out, Why? Because the drain hose in back was pushed all the way down to the bottom of the drain pipe, which restricted adquate air flow for proper drainage. Due to poor installatiuon.

there is also a tremendously foul smell coming from the washer which is ruining my clothing and the electronics fail on occasion.
    A washer at this price should last at least 7-10 years and it seems I am at the beginning of the end for this machine.
    I have learned that this company has been receiving several complaints with regards to many of the same issues I mentioned.

I am currently out $450.00 in repairs because of this. Even the repairman agreed and has replaced motors on many LG's because of the poor ain pipe installation.

Life's Good? not with this product.

• Fa
    Fat Tabby Kitty May 06, 2011

I have owned the washer and dryer for almost 7 years now. I didn't have any problems until recently when a sensor failed on the washer. I also need to replace the electronic controls on the dryer. Skips over the Normal dry selection but works fine on every other setting. All in all, these have been very good machines for me. However, I would never recommend them for a 2nd story laundry room.

cracked head on gt150 scooter

When I initially received my GT150 Sport scooter from lg wholesale, within a week I noticed small drops of oil on the garage floor, I continued to ride in hopes that maybe a seal had not yet set, but the leak became worse and worse. I began attempting to contact LG wholesale in June only to be referred to an automated message to use the chat board. I continued to try to contact an actual person to no avail. Finally at the last of July, I knew something was definitely wrong when I had to add oil to the scooter after riding less than 10 miles. I recmoved the outside panels and it revealed that the motor had a hairline crack whre the bolts had been tightened from the factory. I continued to try to get a person on the phone until I accepted the fact that the opnly way to communicate was through their on-lin chat service, which also proved to be a joke. I had purchased an extended warranty for $79.00 upon my initial payment of the scooter. When I did get someonbe on "chat" their first question was did I havce the extended warranty, which I confirmed, I was constantly delayed for numerous reassons, but I reamained persistent. i was instruicted to take pics and email them, I heard nothing, I got back on chat and questioned the status to be told I had sent them to the wrong address, I resent them to thier "requested" address the second time, then heard nothing, approximately a week later, I got back on "chat" again asking the status, this time which was mid-October I was emailed a parts warranty form. I completed the form immediately and inclosed a $10..oo M.O for shipping cost. It was placed in the mail on October 16, 2017.
Todays date is 12-02-08 and still no response. I thing they are intentionally delaying for my extended warrnaty to lapse or either they have no intentions of helping me repair my scooter, so therefore I spend $1385.00 for a piece of junk with no service support. The only reason I chose this company was because of the extended warranty. I had known they were not going to honor it, I never would have bought the scooter.

• Gl
    Glenda Busick Mar 18, 2009

I purchased a moped from them for my employee, George Bowerman. Along with the moped I bought 1 year of parts warranty for $79. I ordered a speedometer from them and waited over three months. When they could not find the part, I did a live chat over their web site and asked them if I could buy that part and a piston and rings from the wholesaler that they bought the moped from. They said I could and all I had to do was fax them the receipt and they would reimburse me. I faxed them the receipt over a month a go and I have done a live chat at least three times. and they will not send me a refund of $113.31. My moped sales receipt is #12463 for a 50 cc Italia Touring Moped the total sale was $1, 128.90

repair

LG projection 44 colour TV RT 44na11 No.[protected] dated Oct, 18 th 2003 purchased by my son A.V.RaviKiran at Vivek Limited 94, Tunga towers, K H Road, Bangalore-560027. I got troubnle (repair) in 2006 costed me Rs.14000/- due to failure of the colour catridz(colourtube) repaired by the LG company mechanic from Nellore (A.P.)
Again in July, 2008, I got the same problem. The authorised mechanic of the LG company told the repair costs Rs.15, 000/-
I am not in a position to bear so costly repairs. So, I request you
to please repurchase the T V at a suitable (discount) prise and oblige.
I heartfully jope that the L G Company will oblige and do the need full for its valueble custemers.
Request early reply.

Resolved terrible company

It will not freeze and the service that LG provides is terrible! I bought a $1600 fridge freezer in December 2005 and it hasn't worked very well for the first two months. We tried to get a repairman and now he has broken it so it doesn't work at all and we have been without a fridge freezer for over two months! All I get when I call is an answering service. The unit is to be replaced, but they didn't say when. That was two months ago! I would recommend you to stay away from LG products. The service is terrible! If I knew then what I know now about LG I would still have my sears! As old as it was, it worked! And I never had to call a repairman on it.

Resolved terrible company, selling bad products

It doesn't clean the dishes at least half of the time. The detergent does not get dissolved. After nine months of operation on my LG LDS5811WW, it appears that the motor has burnt out, and getting a service appointment has been one problem after another. This is the second major LG product that I have had problems with (the other was a TV), and calling customer service is an exercise in futility.

Resolved big mistake

When we bought our LG RZ-20LA70 we were quite pleased but after a year it blew up! We called LG direct! But wasn't them direct was a sub contractor help line who couldn't help! Called them 3-4 times! Wrote to LG twice with no reply. Technicians report was the main circuit board had blown. Cost of repair of £150 + I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING LG LCD TVs TO ANYONE AS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS REALLY BAD. We have been since to many electrical outlets and to which none of them advised LG. Shame we didn't visit these first. £400 + television (at the time) useless now!!! unless we pay for repair. TV manufactured Sept 06 and we purchased Sept 06 TV was actually turned on October as it was a present TV died October 07. If buying LG take out the extra warranty because you will get no joy otherwise. They just don't want to know!

Jackie Bernard Oct 28, 2008

As a hairdresser, I useg Loreal color 45 yrs. and was very pleased w/every Color.
    NOW, For YRS.I've used your face creams for many Yrs.
    I cannot tell you how disappointed I am w/all of your creams. SHAME ON YOU.
    . I could pick up a cream from the Dollar Store that would do as much as all of your creams.
    Please live up to your claims...
    Jackie Bernard

• Ya
    Yaseen Ghori Mar 01, 2009

I am sure about it that the buyers are suffering from a post-purshased aguish. I have been a victim of LG and I purchased LG Home Cinema- DV-55. They gave me the gurantee for one year of its best working but very unforgettably I found it worst the very next day as no film was displaying on the screen and a bad quality of sound exposed the Quality of LG product to me very next day . I like the company to take action against the showroom in Karachi and asked me with all proofs. I like that to be replaced or refunded.

YASEEN GHORI