Leon'sinterview

Oh never mind I checked my appointment book, the interview was at 1:15. I thought it was at 1:30 because my first interview was at 1:30. But I was only five minutes late, big deal. I can't believe they are making a big deal over five minutes. Also they were very rude, when I told them I had a seven year old daughter and I need to be home with her they said they only had day shifts. They discriminate against single parents. I really wanted the job. Also if they have interviews they should do it on at 30 minutes after the hour or to the hour, not 15 minutes after the hour. They should also keep their interview times the same. I kept insisting she try and find day shifts for me but she refused and when I told her she was discriminating against me, a signal parent she said there was no point in me being in her office.

• Fo
    Former Employee 750 Aug 12, 2012

Well said Tasha, I agree with everything you said. (except for the keeping her legs crossed and having her husband take the child from her part)

Was she really rude to you, or like Tasha said is your defination of rude not giving you what you want. If they gave every employee the shifts they wanted they would not have anyone working weekends and evenings. It is about time you grew up and took responsibilities for your actions. You were late. This reflects your work habits. I know it was a misunderstanding and you did not check your appointment book, but the fact remains is you were late for your interview and that looks bad on your part. You can't just demand they give you shifts that you want. I am sure that The Brick will have the same shifts. Since you are a new employee you are just starting off with them. Naturally as with all companies the senior employees will get the better hours. Naturally since they have been here longer there is less chances for them to quit and the people who quit are those who work evenings.

• Ru
    Rude Staples Manager Aug 12, 2012

Come on guys quit bashing and ganging up on the Canadian.