Menu
LabCorp
reviews & complaints

LabCorp
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

322 complaints
23 resolved 299 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of LabCorp. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

LabCorp - Customer Service

Went for a regular blood work at the location:

5130 Duke Street, Suite 10, Alexandria, VA, 22304

From the moment I walked in it showed unprofessionalism and mismanagement. There is no way these people were trained to deal with public. The employees were yelling and misbehaving with patients.

This cannot be a way to treat customers and I will definitely ask my doctor to send me to quest of this don't improve quickly.

Desired outcome: Improved customer service

D
7:34 am

LabCorp - Service

Rude employee at the Thorndale, PA business. My wife got to the business about 1:40 20 mins. After it opened back up. The kiosk was not working ( a sign would have been helpful ) so after 15mins she shouts out..hello..a voice yells from the back .I'll be out in a minute. My wife has a standing order after just receiving a liver transplant the man asks the Dr's name my wife couldn't remember as she has had several on the transplant team. He asks again she says I can't remember isn't it on your screen? He says there is 3 names she says the one that you just sent it to 2 days ago he says he can't tell..?..she says send it to all 3.
Being pissed off he sends her to room 1. Now the waiting room is filled with about 5 more patients and he proceeded to check every one of them in while we were waiting. At about 2:15 he comes in to draw her blood.
I realize he was the only one working that day. But come on its his job. If he doesn't show some kind of compassion for the people maybe he should find another job.
I myself have been to this location twice both times alway an issue. I convinced my wife we will from now on go to another location to have our blood work done. The Thorndale location is really messed up..not professional one bit.
Another thing we saw that the rooms were not being sanitized after each person was finished just another person went right in...not right during these hectic times.
I really think someone should secretly should visit this location to see what we are talking about!

Desired outcome: Check it out

E
4:25 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

LabCorp - rude threating lab core employee

Went to the Thorndale Pa. [19320 zip] to have blood drawn for testing at about 2:00 pm 15 April 2021. Followed the correct format on the entry screen. Called up by a large black man with a heavy foreign accent. He started right away berating me. Said my name was wrong and my information incorrect. I tried to explain to him that I completed the questions as instructed. He blew up in anger, lost his temper and started yelling at me. Nor would he put away HIS temper and beratement of me as I suggested. Accuses me of being rude. A person such as this should not be allowed to work for Lab Core or anyplace with people contact. In all my life time I have never been treated so badly in the medical field. James Bradley

Desired outcome: Do the right thing

D
7:33 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

LabCorp - Serious bruising after 4 sticks!

I've been going to LabCorp for years! Today, I felt like a human dart board after 4 sticks and a large raised bump and bruise on my forearm. All of this for 2.5 vials for rouine bloodwork. All was well until the tourniquet "popped". The phlebotomists were apologetic, but needless to say, this did not have to happen. Been sitting with an ice pack of my forearm on/off all day, took off half day as unable to type. I sure hope they were able to get enough blood for the tests the doctor ordered.

M
7:24 pm

LabCorp - Diagnostic Services made by Physican, Diagnostic Miscode & Medicare Resolution

A June 30, 2020, my gynecologist sent to Medicare the request for a TSH (84443) and jab (36415) service. Unfortunately and unbeknownst to me, the doctor's office miscoded the TSH lab work. In September, 2020, I began receiving a Lab Corp bill of $119.00 for the before mentioned lab work. In calling their office, I was only told that that Medicare had denied the claim with no further and that I would be sent to their Collections after 7 notices. In December, 2020, I finally paid the $119.00 to Lab Corp.
I sent an Appeal to Medicare in mid August, 2020 and called in mid September for an update. I was told to call in mid November for an outcome or I would receive a letter concerning my appeal. In the meantime, I paid Lab Corp. On 1/12/2021 I called Medicare for an update because I had not received any information on my Appeal. Finally a CS person, told me that my original Appeal in 2020 had never been processed. I resent my Appeal mis-code update which was received by Medicare on 1.25.2021. On 3.19.2021, I was told that a positive decision on my Appeal had been made on 3.11.2021. I didn't hear the fact that Lab Corp would be paid $19.80 for my lab services.
None of my documents could be attached according to your format needs.
So, when I called Lab Corp to make sure that they had received Medicare's positive decision, again, I didn't hear the $19.80 only refund. I received a check from Lab Corp for $19.80 and called CS to see why they didn't refund the full amount I had paid of $119.00. I was told that Lab Corp only refunds the amount that Medicare pays them. What a robbery by Lab Corp. Needless to say, I'm not the only customer they continuously rip off with this "medicare" policy.
My name is Sandra Piver; Lab Corp #66760432; my email [email protected]

Desired outcome: I would like to receive the total amount of funds that I paid Lab Corp for the TSH/jab services. With the $19.80 check I have received, I would need a refund of $99.20 cents.

12:27 pm

LabCorp - Lab services

This labcorp at Walgreens has the rudest employee that draws blood. She is rude, does not understand what she is doing when it come to Drs order. She said the Dr did not do the order right, I told her it is the same format I have brought in for 2 years and when I told the Dr what she said he was not happy and she even said I will do it this time but never again. If it was not right why did she do it and why she was the only employee that said it was wrong. My Dr has been in Florida for 31 years with hundreds of patients. I think he knows how to write an order, she does not know how to read them. Stay away from this labcorp on Conor Creek road in Saint Cloud Florida. Plus she is always mouthy and Disrespectful

12:37 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today, I visited LabCorp for the Anemia blood test for my 1-year-old child. To my shock and despair, it turned out there were 3 adult nurses surrounding us to draw the blood, and they tried to draw blood using his arms. One of the nurse picked his one arm and then went on to grab the next arm to which I questioned why is his second arm being picked to which...

M
1:33 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, Date of incident: 02/25/2021 On 02/25/2021, I made my way over to LabCorp in Georgetown, DE. I had my order from my MD, Doctor Childers who has "Delaware Integrative Medicine" shortly down the hall. Dr. Childers treats me for Chronic Lyme Disease. His treatments are not covered by insurance as they are not considered "Traditional Medicine"...

C
3:03 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Monday, March 1, 2021, I was scheduled for bloodwork for a wellness exam. My appointment was scheduled for 11:00 m, but I arrived early. After checking in using the Kiosk, I was seated in the waiting room. A male dressed in nurse uniform asked to see my insurance card because the kiosk did not scan it properly I handed it to him at the window. He asked...

V
9:08 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

At this location staff are very rude I always say that I will never come back here but it's the closest to my house... I wish the lady would be replaced with someone that likes their job!!! I watched her while I was waiting yelling at people... Older ppl... And any kind of people in 30 minutes all she did was yelling and being miserable!!! I never make...

O
2:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to a lab core to do a drug analysis for employment I signed in via the portal on the computer that was available in the lobby. I feel I was discriminated against in service by a African American lady. The location was 333 W Thomas Rd. Phoenix AZ This is not the first time that this specific individual has treated me like this and every time I go...

7:57 am

LabCorp - Service

I arrived for my appointment on 2/23/21 at the Conyers, Georgia location. I left a message the day before asking about a stool sample and the preparation of such. The call was not returned.

When I entered the waiting room, it was full of people with no social distancing and the woman asked me if I had my stool sample. This is not something that should be asked of a patient while they are standing in a crowded waiting room.

Very unprofessional, very unsafe. I am scheduled to go to another location today. If I find it to be the same, I will report the company to the proper officials.

Shannon Hoke
[email protected]

Desired outcome: email response

K
10:40 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently went to take drug screen at Walgreens in stow Ohio, the employee of lab core was very rude handed me a cup said you have 3 minutes. Went in very dirty bathroom that's clearly not being cleaned during this pandemic, nor waste mp ever taken anyways peed in the cup went to open the door and the lady pretty much falls into me listening at the door...

5:57 pm

LabCorp - Diagnostic services ordered by my physician

I have contacted LabCorp 4 times (via email) to assist with processing an invoice from June 2020. The bill does not identify services that I can match to an EOB. They have not processed the claim with my insurance company. The invoice now shows past-due. My fear is that this will be turned in to collections, or my insurance provider will not pay it since I no longer have insurance with that carrier.

Attached to my last email on 01/21/2021 was a copy of the only EOB I Have for the date referenced, and a copy of the front and back of my insurance information. Today, 02/09/2021, I received another past-due notice.

Desired outcome: The claim needs to be processed by LabCorp, or deleted as it is not my responsibility

A
6:55 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I visited LabCorp in Thousand Oaks California on Wednesday, January 27, 2021for a routine pre-employment drug test. I informed the technician that I take a prescription medication, providing her the name of the medication and my healthcare provider's information. I further informed her that my prescription medication will impact the test result and that I...

N
10:02 am

LabCorp - Face mask / social distancing

On 01/25/2021, it happens I walked in the walgreen's where there are not mandate in the use of a mask but there where like 30 people waiting to get they blood taken, this is outrage no social distancing at all, you don't have the space to have so many people in this confide space. I work for the dept. Of health, I giving you a chance to fix it or I will report you to the dept. And the cdc and probably they will close you out.

Desired outcome: get it fix, make this people wait in their cars and mandate face mask.

V
3:35 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I made an appointment online for the LabCorp location a 501 E Hardy St Ste 150, Inglewood, CA 90301. I had to take time off work, find child care for my child so that he can do his online class, and paid for parking. I checked in via my phone and waited in my car, because I am high risk for COVID. I waited for over an hour with no text alert saying a lab...

View 0 more photos
12:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My mom was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and has been going weekly to Labcorp in Somers Point New Jersey. Every time she comes out she is upset and says she will never come back here because all the girls speak rude to her at the desk and even give dirty looks. As she was leaving today the women before her said how rude they all were except the girl...

2:53 pm

LabCorp - I would like a response

My name is Jim McMullin. I had an appointment on December 21 for thyroid testing and a PSA test. I provided scripts for both. The woman who checked me in was abrupt and apathetic. Because of her apathy and her not following through the PSA test was not done although she was provided the paperwork by me. She was abrupt and unfocused. I had to wait for this appointment and now will have to wait again. [email protected] 732-616-6326

Desired outcome: Management discussing this with this employee at the White street nj branch

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Shelly Bench of Labcorp Me and my husband went to labcorp for a routine blood work, we are wearing gloves which we disinfected before going out the car and again at the front desk. I was talking with the technician and was interrupted by a white employee accusing me of bringing bacteria because of my gloves, I told her that these gloves are disinfected...

LabCorp contacts