American Family Care Logo

American Family Care

Having problems with American Family Care?

American Family Care Customer Service Contacts

3700 Cahaba Beach Road
Birmingham, Alabama

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Family Care Customer Service. Initial American Family Care complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Family Care above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Family Care. Discuss the issues you have had with American Family Care and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

American Family CareTerrible clinic staff

I made an appointment that a came a day early for. I BEGGED them to see my sick son who I had Ubered to my appointment with. They made us wait outside for two hours until a new appointment slot. I had throat surgery earlier this week. It was cold outside. They listened politely to my tale of woe. Then they said, "We can bring you some chairs, so you can wait outside for 2 hours, throat surgery, sick kid, no car, nowhere to wait except right on a busy street." I understand I made an error in making my appointment, but is it so hard to process a nose swab test for an existing patient. I'm officially done with AFC services, and I've been going there over 3 years with my son for urgent care. Too bad.

American Family CareThe entire clinic

1-13-21 came to get a prescription refilled. This is the 3rd time in 4 days I've been here. There were about 10 people waiting outside in the cold at 7:45 am, a time they told ya to be here. One receptionist, Antoinette did not let us into the clinic u til 8:05. Once inside they didn't have all their iPads ready to go. Once we got them they did t have the user name and password unlocked for us. These are the rudest people I've ever met. The waiting time every time you come in here and lack of leadership, work ethic and compassion for patient makes this place a dump. I will never be back, but since there is such a medical crisis you probably don't care since some people don't have any other option. This is a prime example of what is wrong with healthcare in this country. I also didn't have a copay and had to have a copy of a copt of a credit/debit card on file...I just needed prescription refills. It's 8:4 am and not one of the 10 patients here have been waited in. Disgrace

American Family CareFormer employee

I worked for AFC for about 4 years. First 3 were ok. Than management changed. I never been cross trained. Other people have. Low pay other people got paid more with way less experience. Than i put in my notice. I had over 100 hours of PTO left. You get it paid out after u worked ur 14 day notice. I was 1 day short because of illness. Did not get a dime. I told the upper management that i was a loyal employee for 4 years never called out never been late always cane in on days off if needed. She said thats wonderful! And the way they handle covid. Its no social distancing covid test patients are with regular patients in the waiting area.

Nov 22, 2020

American Family Care — Quality of care

My name is Kimberly Lathem, and I tested positive for covid today, 11/22/20. The practitioner, April...

American Family CareBilling

I have an invoice visits account # 2599251
        I was told on the phone at at the desk they were in Ambetter's health insurance network.
        They were denied due to not being in Ambetter's network. The first one is from 2018 I had Blue cross Blue shield
        #1 07/09/2018 #[protected] charges $282.00 insurance payment $68.67 patient payment $11.61 adjustments $60.72 balance owed $141.00
        #2 06/16/2020 # [protected] amount billed $253.00 adjustment $7 amount owed $246.00
        #3 10/13/2020 #[protected] amount billed $93 amount denied $93

Terry D Wilson
        1123 Springfield Hwy
        Goodlettsville, TN. 37072
        [protected]

American Family CareBilling

I had a Covid test 08/05/2020 and prior to the test was assured they took my health insurance of Medicare plus a Secondary Insurance of Anthem Blue Cross. I received a bill on 09/18/2020 for $268. I called and spoke to a person called David and he assured me it would be taken care of! Today I received another bill this time for $318! Why has this not been sent to my Insurance?

American Family CareDouble charge for service

To whom it may concern

On 8/28/20 I went on line to make a payment of $121.50, This payment was taken from my account twice on 8/31/20. I need a refund are a check for this duplicate charge. If you need me to provide a copy of my bank statement please email me a [protected]@charter.net with the information to do so. I have left several messages trying to clear this matter up.

Donna T. Hall
            patient [protected]

Jul 11, 2020

American Family Care — Insurance fraud, etc

If you are using Aetna and choose to utilize AFC Warrington beware...learn from my experience. Please be...

American Family CareEntire experience

2 hour 15 minute wait & was told once I'm called there's no exam room available. Suggested I use Telecare to schedule time; would then be "very quick"! No apology, no recognition of their FUBAR system. When I loudly expressed my total disdain for this experience, I was told they would not deal with me & closed the door. Absolutely horrible customer service. Again, American Family Care is FUBAR. Disgusting!!!

American Family CareNo tests done at all!

I went in today to be seen for abdominal pain since my period I having a lot of pain in hips, back & bloating. I went here because it said it had testing available in which I felt I needed. Blood work, urine & a pelvic exam. This nurse practitioner didn't offer any & in fact when I asked about blood she said her machine wasn't working. I mean if I would've known that I wouldn't have came so basically off my complaints so says I need to take iron in which she has no blood work to back up & nausea & muscle relaxers saying I may need to have my uterus out I mean I wanted to at least do some tests. I will be looking into fighting this charge however much it is cause I left out with not getting anything but some prescriptions.

May 26, 2020

American Family Care — The supervisor called a police on me for seeking tb chest xray for college purposes

AFC FAMILY URGENT CARE CALLED THE POLICE ON ME FOR SEEKING CHEST XRAY TB TEST. On 23rd May 2020, I wa...

Apr 08, 2020

American Family Care — billing dept not responsive, rude, disregarding my issue

I brought my two children to an american family immediate care during the summer. I paid cash for each visit...

Feb 27, 2020

American Family Care — Rude Doctor

Today I went to American Family Care in Trussville Al to obtain my CDL medical certificate. The doctor who'...

Feb 17, 2020

American Family Care — employee at front desk who was very unprofessional and rude!

There is a young black lady who is at the front desk who had long braids in her hair today who is extremely...

Feb 04, 2020

American Family Care — elena robertson crnp

My daughter was seen in Athens on 2/3/2020 presented with all symptoms of the flu, but because she...

Feb 04, 2020

American Family Care — retaining card information

I want to know why, when I have two insurance policies; a primary and a supplemental, that my credit card...

Feb 03, 2020

American Family Care — employee

I took my son this morning to this urgent care to be seen. I go up to the front desk there's a patient...

Jan 26, 2020

American Family Care — billing

Hello, I have had two occasions where I keep getting a statement for my co-pay that I obviously paid at time...

Jan 02, 2020

American Family Care — visit doctor's note

After being seen in the office and discharged at 8 p.m. I would like to put in a complaint against specific...

Dec 31, 2019

American Family Care — staff

Went to AFC and they said I had pneumonia. They gave me meds and I took them all and still I felt bad. So I...