Kmartincorrect pricing/incompetent customer service and management

I purchased two photo albums, both of which contained a pricing sticker on the inside of the album, as well as a product label on the outside, stating the retail price as $12.99. This particular Kmart is going out of business, so there are signs posted saying 20% discount on lowest ticketed price. I was charged $11. 69 per each album. Anyone who knows simple math knows that $11.69 is not 20% off of $12.99. I should have been charged $10.39 for each album. I brought this to the attention of the customer service idiot, who chose to stare at me as if she had no clue what I was talking about. She pointed at the receipt and said in her uneducated smokers voice, 'The discount has been taken off '. Obviously, this woman has had no schooling in simple math. When I insisted a second time that I was overcharged, she pointed at the manager to take care of the situation. The manager however was just as lacking in the intellect department. When I showed him the price printed on the product package, he said, 'I know it says retail price $12.99, but that is not the correct price. Let me get the scan gun and I can tell you what the REAL retail price is.' My reply, 'Don't even bother. This is exactly why your store is going out of business.'

So, my question is, Is this a scam? Is the printed price and posted discount signs an illusion to lure customers in? Little do the unsuspecting shoppers realize, they are about to be robbed without even knowing it! Although the retail price on both of the albums is clearly printed in two very different places, it was lie, a trick, a scam, a tom foolery! I was jipped!

I have to say, I know many people who have lost their jobs due to the economy, but this is the first that I can say, once this store closes, there will be two less idiots for the world to have to deal with during their shopping experience.

• To
    tommy cochran Dec 08, 2007

No such address to go to for to win $2500.00 gift card

• MAC Mar 22, 2009

MAM LETS BE HONET'S HERE..

WE'RE TAULKING ABOT $2.00 OR $3 DALLOR'S HERE NOT SMOE KIDND OF LAGRE SUM

PALESE HALF SOM COSNIDERATON FOR THE EPLOYEE'S OF KAMART'S WHO ARE GO ING TO LOSS THEY'RE JOB'S SOON

IN THIS ENOCOMY THEY'RE ALL READY HALF LOT'S ON THEY'RE MIDN'S AND U JSUT HEPED MORE ON TO THEY'RE SHOLDER'S

U8 HAD NO RIGT TO BNE SO RUDE TO THAT PORE WOMEN..

SAHME ON U MADAM