Kmartfalse advertisement

F

I had a circular and a 32 in TV was on sale for $289.00.There was a $30.00 coupon good on a $100.00 or more purchase excluding furniture, outdoor living, lawn & garden, infants, toys, hardware, home improvements, home fragrances & prior purchases prior paid special order lands end .There was no mention of electronics which is what a TV is right.Well the sale started April 3rd I went up on the 2nd and to make sure I went to customer service and the clerk called over the manager Ray he read the coupon and said yes it is valid.On the 3rd I returned and got the TV and a comforter that was on sale.When I got to the register I gave the coupon to the cashier and assured her I had already been told it qualified.Well she calls over the same cerk from the day before & she said that she remembered some lady from the day before and that Ray said it was ok.Then she went over to customer service and spoke to Ray and I was told sorry I couldn't use it.If this isn't false advertissement or fraud I don't know what is so beware looks like even when your right your wrong with this place my card is cut into a million pieces and I will tell anyone including the BBB & NYS atty Gen who will listen as I got one of those we will get back to you emails.I have had problems with this co in the past fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me well Done WITH KMART SEARS

florence wagar Apr 09, 2011

Well got my reason today I went and asked for a manager she came over and after explaining the whole story She said well it is for home items like towels comforters.I said well can you tell me where it says that TVs are excluded as there are many exclusions such as outdoor lawn & garden toy's home improvement infants lands end hardware etc but no TVs & a TV is a home purchase she said sorry I will have to bring it up at the next meeting.She knew it was a big mistake .I said so even though it does not say TV"s you won't honor it she said no sorry.So there you go But I feel so much better that she will bring it up at the next meeting.LOL.I told her I needed a reason for this site.So I still say beware of Kmart even when your right your wrong.I posted the whole coupon verbatim and I still think I am right but what good does that do when you can't even get 2 managers to honor there mistakes.That's why I posted to begin with.Again they are unethical and beware.Most stores will honor there mistakes but not them I can't break there arm to do the right thing so off to Walmart Boscov's or some other store that will not be bankrupted for $30.00 hahaha.

florence wagar Apr 08, 2011

After being there the day before to be assured that it was correct only to return the next day which it is only 1 mile away to be humiliated with other people behind me I just got pissed and walked out.I contacted Kmart & Sears online & as I said got the we will get back to you.Look the bottom line is I don't really need the TV or comforter bad enough to be bothered with the BS.I posted here to make people aware that this kind of crap can happen .There wa a time when I would have gone nutso but at my age I have melloed and don't care.This company sucks and that's all I can say.

florence wagar Apr 08, 2011

Well that's the way it was.Are you one of those company's that these big outfits hire to try & defend them if so please leave me alone.I have contacted sears & kmart and got the usual run around.I am making the public aware of what to watch out for .

florence wagar Apr 08, 2011

The coupon says Valid 4/3/11 Thur 4/16/11 $30.00 off regular & or clearance priced home purchase in-store of $100.00 or more [purchase requirement calculated before taxes & after other discounts have been applied] in a single transaction .Cannot combine with any other coupon for the same items & cannot double .Limit 1 of this Kmart saving coupon per transaction.Not valid on furniture outdoor living lawn & garden items sold in infants items sold in toys items sold in hardware home fragrances prior purchases partial paid special order lands end.No where is electronics close out or clearances mentioned

• Po
    pobarjenkins Apr 08, 2011

Did he give you a reason why it wasn't valid?

• La
    ladyrita Dec 06, 2009

made a purchase at Kmart receipt said enter to win 2500 for feedback survey site does not exsist then for their Christmas Countdown of a 50, ooo chance to win was there. You can enter the info needed but it would continue to kick out on the code you needed. What liars, false advertising and NO I will not shop anymore at Kmart and to think they are part of Sears I don't shop their either.

John Harrington Dec 16, 2008

There is no wed site to inter the survey for the chance to win a 2, 500.00 gift card from kmart site name to enter is kmartfeedback.com and then to enter your 19 digit receipt number from your receipt my number is [protected] date of visit 12/13/2008 site must be visited within 7 days of the date of purchase. The date today is 12/16/2008. I hopeing for a law suit and everyone who tried to enter would get a 2, 500.00 gift card cordially John Harrington P.O. Box 1631 Blythe, Ca. 92225

• Ri
    Rick Nov 25, 2008

You people should be ashamed of yourselves for for offering a possible winnings of $2500 for a survey, this is really disscrediting your company and I strongly advise the heads of this marketing strategy or whom ever decided to go ahead and offer this bogus scam to take it off your receipts immediately, its really doing you no justice. Thank you.

• Fr
    Frankie Nov 08, 2008

I recieved an invitation to do a survey for a$2500.00 gift card on my k-mart receipt.When I logged onto the web page it said, there is no site to do a survey for a $2500.00.That it was a scam.I have my receipt here and it says give us your feedback enter to win a $2500.00 giftcard from K-mart.It is illegal to advertise something and not give it away!!!I AM VERY UPSET!!!I don't know if I'll go back to K-Mart again.Like I was going to win anyway.Frankie at [email protected]

sabrina samuel Aug 16, 2008

false receipt information...

sara Jun 12, 2008

I found this looking.. dont know if its correct though

• Da
    DAN Jun 12, 2008

If you believed you were getting a 2500.00 card... you are a bit foolish.

• Mo
    mon Jun 12, 2008

Kmart sucks thats why all there stores are closed bad business.

• Mo
    mon Jun 12, 2008

i cant believe that kmart is doing this to people there playing with peoples minds i really thought they were giving away 2500 gftt card. i was looking forward to entering. u cant trust kmart now.

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 29, 2007

Go to:

It should be loading now, you can click on official rules to see how to enter via postal mail if you would like.

• Al
    aldreka white Dec 06, 2007

the website does not exist

• Da
    Dawn Gwinn Dec 06, 2007

As stated in the other numerous complaints. There is no such site.