Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Fast Food Restaurants KFC original recipe flavor gone since 1995. why?

KFC - original recipe flavor gone since 1995. why?

W
Author of the complaint
10:46 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

What happened to the great taste of the Colonel's Original Recipe?! For as long as I can remember, prior to 1995, " The Colonel's Original Recipe 11 Herbs and Spices " had been the best flavored chicken batter of all the fried chicken restaurants! Everyone I asked regarding the flavor difference agrees with me, except for the KFC restaurant's managers, that the chicken batter does not taste as good it used to prior to 1995. Why is that? What happened? Who changed the recipe ? And why? When the colonel died back in 1995, or so, did he take the recipe that most Americans preferred over other battered fried chicken, with him? What happened? When the new owners purchased the restaurant from the Colonel's family where they forced by contract not to use the same 11 herbs and spices and the proper amount of those 11 herbs and spices where you could actually taste the spices? If you look at an older picture of a piece of chicken with the Original Batter on it you could see all the spices, black specks in spots all over the batter. But, now the batter has 95% less specks, pepper spices, etc. . I haven't just noticed this one or two times, I've noticed this on every piece of chicken, Original Recipe, that I've seen and eaten since 1995. Now, that I have brought this to the chicken lovers attention, they will begin to realize through memory that I'm correct on what I can plainly see. Since the flavor is not as spicy as it used to be for all the years I have eaten at KFC, I just don't eat there anywhere near as often as I used to, sadly so. I remember years ago while I was eating at KFC restaurants, I would notice that many other customers like myself, when finished eating the meat off the bones, we would pick the batter off the bones and eat it even though there was no meat on the bones. Why did we do this? Because the batter had a quite noticeable, strong accent flavor of The Colonel's 11 Herbs and Spices. If KFC heard from more people whom feel the same they may bring it back ! [protected]

Helpful? 0 0
12 comments
J
Nov 25, 2021 10:46 am

Fact: Pepsi bought KFC in the mid 1980's for one reason. As a place to sell Pepsi and have Coke removed. They didn't care about the chicken as it was unprofitable for them. Over the years Pepsi had made many changes to KFC and the recipes to make more profits and spun off to form a new company called Yum brands. Yum took over in mid 1990's and still controls KFC today. KFC was once larger than McDonalds, sold more chicken than anyone in the world. It used to be everyone's favorite chicken. It was finger licking good. Now, it is worse than boxed premade frozen tv dinner chicken. Chick Filet has long taken over in sales to be the number one selling chicken franchises in America. The new KFC bland recipe concocted by Pepsi took part of our America away.

33 6
J
Aug 02, 2021 10:46 am

I agree. I noticed a considerable change in the taste back in '98. The chicken and all the sides used to be the best. Now the coleslaw, green beans, mashed potatoes, biscuits, macaroni are all bland. I frequent popeyes nowadays.
KFC would have beat popeyes before '95.

F
Jun 12, 2021 10:46 am

I agree. We had looked forward to KFC chicken from the Oakwood, GA location, but when we got it home, it tasted just like grocery store fried chicken. SSSOOOOO disappointing. We will not bother to go out of our way to buy again.
Bill Becker

2 0

I have tried over time to find the original recipe chicken. I'll take the "grease, The Original is the very best chicken in the world. I travel for a living, and believe me I tried over 50 Plus KFC..Kentucky fried chicken
restaurant's trying to find one that has not changed. Why would anyone change this wonderful chicken?
It would take over the entire chicken industry running after KFC's market share. Do it. Michael Kasten

1 0

I have nooticed a definite difference in the chicken coating as well as the cole slaw and bicuits in the past few years. It is no where near the same. I have tried it a number of times and always the sme. Idon'believeI wwill ever eat it again. I used to buy it nce or twice a week, but no more. This is only in the past few years.

1 0

I knew I was right just had some now and remembered it tasted a lot different when I was a teen, Yeah around 1995 checks out I can confirm this information is correct.

1 0

Yep, I noticed the change around 1995. The original recipe was greasy finger licking’ good. Then they changed the oil is was fried in and changed the spices to make it more “health conscious”. I think they also changed the chicken the use. Simply a horrible product now. I have not eaten in over 20 years. Just crap now.

R
Feb 24, 2021 10:46 am

And no kfc representation. Imagine that.

0 0
K
Oct 02, 2020 10:46 am

it is terrible compared to what it was. I m done with it I can make better at home.

S
Jul 08, 2020 10:46 am

100% correct. It is now bland and I will take almost any other chain or grocery store over it.

S
Jul 08, 2019 10:46 am

This is correct. The chicken now sucks. No flavor like the old recipe. I have quit KFC altogether. Never will go back!

3 0
D
Apr 29, 2011 10:46 am

K.F.C. now tastes bland can buy better from supermarket or make at home...PLEASE K.F.C. go back to the original recipe
which was tasty and succulent.
D.Gray Essex.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

2860 complaints