KFCoriginal recipe flavor gone since 1995. why?

W Review updated:

What happened to the great taste of the Colonel's Original Recipe?! For as long as I can remember, prior to 1995, " The Colonel's Original Recipe 11 Herbs and Spices " had been the best flavored chicken batter of all the fried chicken restaurants! Everyone I asked regarding the flavor difference agrees with me, except for the KFC restaurant's managers, that the chicken batter does not taste as good it used to prior to 1995. Why is that? What happened? Who changed the recipe ? And why? When the colonel died back in 1995, or so, did he take the recipe that most Americans preferred over other battered fried chicken, with him? What happened? When the new owners purchased the restaurant from the Colonel's family where they forced by contract not to use the same 11 herbs and spices and the proper amount of those 11 herbs and spices where you could actually taste the spices? If you look at an older picture of a piece of chicken with the Original Batter on it you could see all the spices, black specks in spots all over the batter. But, now the batter has 95% less specks, pepper spices, etc. . I haven't just noticed this one or two times, I've noticed this on every piece of chicken, Original Recipe, that I've seen and eaten since 1995. Now, that I have brought this to the chicken lovers attention, they will begin to realize through memory that I'm correct on what I can plainly see. Since the flavor is not as spicy as it used to be for all the years I have eaten at KFC, I just don't eat there anywhere near as often as I used to, sadly so. I remember years ago while I was eating at KFC restaurants, I would notice that many other customers like myself, when finished eating the meat off the bones, we would pick the batter off the bones and eat it even though there was no meat on the bones. Why did we do this? Because the batter had a quite noticeable, strong accent flavor of The Colonel's 11 Herbs and Spices. If KFC heard from more people whom feel the same they may bring it back ! [protected]

• Ri
    Rick Overkamp Feb 24, 2021

And no kfc representation. Imagine that.

• Ki
    Kickashin Oct 02, 2020

it is terrible compared to what it was. I m done with it I can make better at home.

• Se
    Sean Dobes Jul 08, 2020

100% correct. It is now bland and I will take almost any other chain or grocery store over it.

• Sl
    SlamX13 Jul 08, 2019

This is correct. The chicken now sucks. No flavor like the old recipe. I have quit KFC altogether. Never will go back!

• Dg
    D.Gray Apr 29, 2011

K.F.C. now tastes bland can buy better from supermarket or make at home...PLEASE K.F.C. go back to the original recipe
    which was tasty and succulent.
    D.Gray Essex.