Resolved Kenmore Oven — beware! don't burn your house!
On Sunday May 27, 2007, I turned my Sears Kenmore oven on to preheat so I could bake cookies. I left the room for less than 5 minutes. When I returned, I realized my oven was on fire. The bottom heating element was in flames and the digital read outs on the stove top were all blank. I turned the oven off, it continued to burn, so I ran to the circuit breaker and turned it off, after a few minutes, the fire went out. My range was SO hot, it took a long time for the exterior of it to cool enough to touch. We called the manager at our local Sears, and several other people, all the way to the corporate offices. NO one would offer any satisfaction. This range was only 5 years old! We wanted them to come and see what malfunctioned and caused it to burn. They refused to do that unless we paid them to come. Since the oven was destroyed, we didn't want to sink any more money into it. We had it hauled away when our new range was delivered (not a Kenmore, and not from Sears). We do have pictures of the burned element and the serial # off the range. We hope someone will take notice and recall these ovens before someones house burns down.
More Kenmore Oven Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore / Power Miser - sears's faulty product
- Kenmore Refrigerator - kenmore refrigerator causes house fire
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - no cold air in freezer
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - do not buy kenmore products!
- Kenmore 600 Washing Machine - washer
- Kenmore - kenmore elite model 795.74043.412
- Kenmore Vacuum Cleaner - vacuum keep shrading the belt
- Kenmore - discoloration between burner and stove top!
- Kenmore/Whirpool Refrigerator - liner getting cracked in less then 2 years
- Kenmore Whispertone Canister - hose replace