Joann Fabric And Craft Storesunprofessional behavior

I was Shopping in the Joann’s Fabric Store in W. Lebanon, NH the night of 5/5/08 when I heard a supervisor named Brett complaining very loudly and unprofessional to another employee, about several of the other employees. I and a friend I was shopping with as well as another shopper were shocked at the behaviour of this employee and felt someone should know about this inappropriate behaviour. This is not the first time I have heard these types of things coming from this employee. I have heard her yelling on her headpiece before at employees about her dissatisfaction or need for something. I Know I would not want to work for a supervisor like this and I honestly do not know how the employees that work at the JoAnn's in W. Lebanon, NH do. I commend them for their ability to do so.

• Ju
    Julie Oct 04, 2008

Joann's Fabric stores have the rudest store personnel. I've experienced rudeness from many of their employees at different store locations. I have finally quit going there to get my supplies. I just can't handle the abuse. They have a very anti-customer attitude. Oh - and I had a very rude knitting instructor at one Joann's Store in Dallas.

• Cy
    Cynthia - An JoAnn employee Nov 04, 2008

Hey, you guys are making me sad! Not all of us are that way! I love my job and I love to help people figure out what they need. I stimulate my creative and intellectual centers of my brain and rarely do I have grouchy customer either. (Worked for Joann's four years this time around and can still count the mad/rude/angry customers on one hand, which is WAAAY better than my last job, manager at a BurgerKing, angry people all the time there!) Though I will admit, there are people that work for this company that really do need some niceness training

• Je
    Jenelle Gallus Dec 02, 2008

My girlfriend and I were at your Woodbury, MN store today and bought some yarn. When we picked it up there was a sign right under this particular sign saying WAS 2 FOR $8.00. My girlfriend picked up 4 and I picked up 4 and when we got up to the counter to check out they rang up at $8.99 each. We said something about the sign and the clerk called back to see what was what and the gal in the back said it was some other yarn. I decided I would go back and check it out myself and if I were wrong I would apologize to the clerk but when I started back there my girlfriend hear the gal that was waiting on me call back and tell the girl back there to miove the sign. NOT VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE> |I am going to write to the better business bureau about this because I don, t want some one else screwed like we were. Jenelle

Mai Dec 03, 2008

I was looking for black silk ribbons and had checked out Michaels but unfortunately they were out of the item so I decided to call Joann's in Placentia, Ca since it was down the street from my work and didn't want to waste time going to the store to find out they didn't carry any.

When I called, a lady by the name of Julie picked up the phone. I asked her if they carried black silk or satin ribbon. She said they did. I asked her if she can check if they have any in stock and if so I will pick it up later today when I get off work. She replied back saying that the ribbons are regular items and they should have them in stock. I continue to ask her to confirm they have it in stock since I didn't want to go there and they not have any. She said, "I have two customer in line..." Basically, she was rushing me to get off the phone. So I just said, "OK - Thanks." and up hung.

I am really upset. I felt she should at least put me on hold and have someone check the item for me but instead she wanted to hang up. I will never go to another Joann's ever again. Poor service - even on the phone. I'll keep going to Michaels since I haven't had a bad experience yet.

• Ha
    happyfeet Feb 06, 2009

I agree they have a serious customer relation problem. !!! No accountability ! I had returned an item without a receipt and they agreed to take my items and would issue me a check through the mail in 2 weeks. 2 weeks passed and nothing. I called and I was rudely interrogated by a rep. who pretty much insinuated I stole the items. ( not possible with this ! Gated Lock ) I now have no check and no items that they took the day I did the returned. Any suggestions ? [email protected]

• Ka
    KathyC May 04, 2009

I have also experienced rude employees at the store in Kansas City Mo. I rufuse to shop there.

Their new rule is you have to get a number to get fabric cut. Which I understand, BUT if a customer is still shopping and their number is before yours then they will not cut your fabric before the other customer. They will actually just stand there with nothing to do waiting for a customer to finish shopping and will not help you out of the "number" order. It is the craziest thing I have ever heard of.

I will not ever shop there again.

However, it has saved me a lot of money. I have found web sites and other stores with the same products for much cheaper. So I guess I should really thank Joanns for their horrible customer service.

Kathy

• Un
    Unhappywith Jo-Ann services Nov 04, 2009

They are soo rude everytimes I go there it amaze me they are still in business!!!

I must mention the one in Daytona Beach, OMG! the ladies that sell those expensive Viking are the rudest and most ignorants I ever met!

NOT ONCE but twice now, did I stand right in front of their counter to ask questions about a machine, they know me, and they also know that I can afford their expensive machine ( but I refused to buy it there because of there behavior toward me ).

Two of the saleperson just talk and talk to themself about their little boring life ignoring me for a couple of minutes, when one of them finaly saw that I wouldn't go away, she ask me if I need it anything? Finaly!!

I had just purchase a new sewing machine ( not their Cadillac lol ) I don't need it thanks for the little that I use it. It seem to bother them that I won't pay the price of thousand of dollars !

The machine that I purchase from one of the clerk ( that took the time one night there was nothing to play on the computer with ) is a Singer, brand new top of the line.
    The problem I have...the foot unlike ALL the other machine I ever used in my 45 years of sewing, doesn't respond well, it hesitate, sometimes it take a couple time to get it going even...weird.

Their answer... GO ONLINE TO SINGER.COM in a tone of voice that would tell you to go to h...l in other words.

I can't beleive this attitude toward potentialy cash paying customer. I think that if a secret shopper would stop by, their litlle business would be shut down in a minute.

I was a store manager before, and I never but never would of put up with this kind of attitude from my saleperson.

I WILL NEVER BUY NOTHING FROM THEM! I WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY NOT TOO!

They lost my money that's for sure...

THE WORST I EVER SAW! don't buy from this store, the before and after service is non- existant!

I'm not the only one that think like this, I saw other customer selling their machine that they refuse to take back also.

• Na
    nal Aug 25, 2010

I go to the Joann Store on stevens creek blvd, CA. An employee by name Kimberly is very rude too. Just like another person mentioned, i have seen her talk bad about her other collegues. She is very rude too.
    Every time i have a question, she sighs & makes irritated expressions & sighs & does everything to make me feel uncomfortable. Somehow she happens to be the only cutter, so i end up going to her always & she ends up being very rude everytime. It seems like the joann doesnt have a place to give feedback else i would have mentioned this issue with them too.
    I would like to go that store just because of her. The others seem to be ok though.
    I hope she reads this & change her attitude towards customers.
    We doing business & so she is having a job there.

angiel Dec 28, 2011

I go to JoAnns in Watertown, NY and have found some of the employees to be disrespectful and just mean to other employees, mainly the girls Crystal, Susan and the manager Shannon. They used to have an employee with an odd name, Tersa or something but she's gone now, thank God. Susan talks bad about other employees to the customers and crystal is always mean and Stalin like toward employees and then turns and is very fake towards customers.

• Li
    lisa-lili Oct 27, 2018

june 12, 2017. I brought in a 5x7", approximately, cross-stitch to be custom-framed. i chose a small frame and one mat. with 60% + 10% off coupon, the total came to $93. if i had not had a coupon, it would've come to $260! this seems ridiculous to me! i feel like they inflate the original price because they know most people have coupons.

• Bl
    B Lauder Nov 27, 2018

Joann Superstore, Schererville IN.
    Rude, rude, rude employees.Lots of angry giant big girls working there.Poor outlook for the future of this company.

• Do
    Dorothy N. Mitchell Jan 06, 2019

I have received a letter stating that you're holding funds in my name in the amount of $33.84, check number is 85203092, I have either lost or not received the check.you can contact me at this email or the phone number you have. I made copies of the letter.thank you for contacting me concerning this.

• Dd
    DDGlenn Jun 29, 2019

I'll summarize that racial sensitivity training would be a big win for this store beginning with the store manager. She can't train her staff if she is the ultimate culprit. Shameful and deplorable.

• Cr
    Creations By Sand Dec 26, 2019

I placed an order that I never received. I submitted an email regarding my recent order however no one has contacted me regarding my purchase. I'm unable to make the Christmas Gifts for my family and friends due to this recent experience. I'm not sure who else I need to contact regarding my purchase or how to get the merchandise that I ordered.