Jewelry Televisionbad gold earrings

I bought a pair of earrings from JTV.com/jewelry television. They were advertised as 14KT Gold. Well, I wore them for about 8 hours the other day and when I took them off my ear holes were black! What kind of Gold turns you black? I have so much jewelry all gold and not one piece has ever done this. Can't find a 14KT marking. This is false advertising! These people are hard up for a $. I am peeved, I paid $100.00 for these earrings, and as always, they say these would be 3 to 5'xs higher in a retail store! duh! They lie cheat and steal. Do not shop at jtv.com, jewelry television, you will get ripped off...

• Lf
    LFL011 Mar 14, 2013

In December 2012 I purchased several items from Jewelry Television - one in particular described as "Sterling Silver .40ctw Diamond Crown Ring" for $199.99. I wore the ring nearly everyday for over two months - then the band started turning a burnished color. I took the ring to a well-known jeweler in my neighborhood to look at. The jeweler handed me back the ring and asked where I bought it - I said Jewelry Television. The look on his face said it all - don't waste your money with those people he told me - they will sell you anything. And he was right - the ring is not "sterling silver" as stated but brass! I am furious. I called JTV and stated I wanted to return the ring because it is not what I intended to purchase. Two days later JTV called me and stated they had the a ring from the same "lot" "inspected" and it is .70% 925 sterling silver, 10% 14kt gold, blah blah blah. Sterling silver does not turn a different color - ever so JTV is lying! The ring I received is brass - and not worth $199.99. I am filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau today and let them sort it out because I don't believe anything JTV says - they are liars, thieves and predators and won't stop selling bait & switch products until prosecuted by the federal government.

Also - Jewelry Television has the absolute worst customer service in the business - their employees have unprofessional, condescending, rude attitudes, are willing to lie or say whatever they have to - especially if you complain. When. Refunds take weeks and this company turns my stomach with bait & switch products, ridiculously long refund policy and the worst customer service employees - QVC and Amazon demonstrate just how awful JTV really is. If you're considering buying jewelry - go elsewhere.

• Je
    JewelSchool101 May 29, 2010

"What kind of Gold turns you black?" Well, I would like to point out that all gold, yellow and white, 10k 14k & 18k, turns my skin black. Silver does the same thing to me. This usually happens within a couple of hours from the time that the metal comes into contact with my skin. This happens with rings, earrings, necklaces (even if only the clasp is gold or silver), and bracelets. When it comes to the gold, it is actually the alloys, not the gold itself, that it is mixed with, such as copper and nickel, having a chemical reaction with my genetic make up. (Keep in mind, JTV will refer to their pieces as SOLID 10k or 14k gold. Solid gold is 24k, which is too soft and that is why it is mixed with the different alloys.) So basically, gold does turn some people black.

• Da
    Daisy Mariposa Jan 24, 2010

You wrote "They lie cheat and steal."

Can you please explain what you meant by "they ... steal?"

What did they steal? When did they steal it? From whom did they steal it?