Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Clothing, Shoes & Acc JC Penney Possible assault/ disrespect.

JC Penney  -  Possible assault/ disrespect.

V
Author of the complaint
7:23 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’m an employee at the JC Penny location in Maryland. I’m sending this to ask for assistance. On April 20, 2022 after 2ish that afternoon. I was assisting an elderly customer who stated that she felt faint and seemed to be under a great amount of distress. As I’m trying to stabilize the situation with the customer before management could arrive, I noticed that once (General Manager) arrived, I was questioned about my jacked that I had on. I would have thought that the concern would be on the customer not myself as she was visibly in distress. The question was “where did you get that jacket”? Before I could answer her, she was pulling the jacket off of my shoulders to look at the tag that was in the back of the jacket. I stated it was from Shine and why she pulled it off me like that, she just said “oh” and ignored the question. This occurred Infront of the elderly customer, and her colleges. Feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable I removed myself from the scene and as I’m going down the escalator, I can HER and others laughing as if what she just did was funny. I felt violated, and disrespected. I went into the breakroom on the brink of tears as this type of situation has never happened to me before and called my mother and Sister for support to calm me down and ask them how do I handle this type of situation as this is my first real employment. They then asked do I feel safe or comfortable talking to her or do I need to have someone come and get me to take me home. I asked them to take me home as I no longer feel comfortable working. I suffer from anxiety and being touched is a trigger. SHE would not have known that nor would it ever be okay for anyone to touch anyone without asking. My mother knows of this and asks to speak with HER.

Once speaking with her she stated that she knew nothing of the situation and that she did not know how to contact you or anyone that would be considered her superior. It wasn’t until my older sister (who is one of my forms of transportation) came to pick me up and witnessed a conversation with HER, did I receive the district managers contact information. Which after attempting to send an email today it bounced back stated undeliverable. SHE was also asked for the contact information for LP (as this seemed to be more about the jacket then anything) she stated that they weren’t there. I knew that the officer was present as I seen him earlier. SHE was also asked for the contact information for Human resources to file a formal complaint. I was told that I had to speak to you first. I’m sure that there is an option to speak to Human resources without having to go through management. Through all of this, SHE attempted to justify her invading my person space and then since my jacket was on my person assaulting me. I feel like had the role been reversed I would not have a job to come back to as touching anyone without their permission is a violation of someone’s space, rights and disrespectful. SHE was asked at the end of the conversation in her office, If I were to leave because I no longer safe or comfortable working what would happen? She replied I would get paid for the day and I could return on my next scheduled day. I wanted to be sure that this is also given incase of an issue with me leaving early. I was permitted to do so. I also understand because of her ranking and that I’m new to the company nothing may not come of this. I would like to know what I can do next or who to contact. I’m getting no information.

More JC Penney complaints & reviews

JC Penney - jc penney hair salon
JC Penney - under trained people working ing in the optical department
JC Penney - jc penney salon manager (sue)
0 comments