Inteliusunauthorized billing

I too used Intellius for a one time use and somehow this company has my account information and was taking the monthly fee. The call lasted approximately 60 seconds, the rep # 26192 told me the money would be in my account within 5 business days. She advised me that I apparently didn't uncheck a box which gave me 10 days of free service with this company, after the 10days if I don't cancel it they will bill me $19.95 a month. I don't believe I ever saw such a thing on the screen. I will never use Intellius again.

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Oct 16, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius's response · Oct 23, 2009

Please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius's response · Feb 14, 2011

Please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Ca
    Carolyn in Memphis Jun 18, 2012

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!! Supposed to be a one-time charge to look up a phone number (which they could NOT provide) and signed me up for a monthly $19.95 "membership" fee, which I expressly did NOT accept. Called immediately when I got a vague email about "joining" to make sure what was going on. Yes, they had signed me up for a monthly membership. What a bunch of crooks. Do NOT use this company for anything - scam, crooks, thieves, rip-off artists, swindlers, pigs, frauds. Now I have to deal with my credit card company to make sure this charge does not go through. Pigs. Use at your own peril, .

• Ic
    icjr Feb 03, 2011

Are you still being Billed? I have been dealing with these folks for almost a year. Take one service off and stop for a month then its back on again.
    I am taking them to small claims court I later thought about joining a class action suit but they know the law and will get a STAY in court and by the time the Attoney's on a Class Action suit they will probably liquidate the funds. [email protected]

• Ka
    Kathleen DeJohn Feb 02, 2011

The above mentioned company started billing me some months ago. I did not request their services as far as I can remember. I had a hacker destroy my email, but this billing was going on before this. I am completely confused and want this billing stopped. HELP!!

Kathleen DeJohn

• Se
    seanmaloney Jan 22, 2011

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH INTELIUS !! They run a dishonest and fraudulent business. Here's my experience as of January 2011.
    1. First of all, they say that the information you're seeking is "AVAILABLE" just to get your credit card number and personal information. When you didn't find the information in the report, they say that "AVAILABLE" means they will search for the information and get back to you within 24-72 hours.
    2. They website said they will charge your credit card 99 cents for the information you requested. In reality they charged $4.99. And they couldn't even provide the information requested.
    3. Though I didn't subscribe for any monthly service (who would need such service on a regular basis?), they charged my credit card $19.95 and refused to refund the money when I called and talked to them.
    4. I had to call AMEX and get this charge taken out of my credit card. My credit company said they had numerous complaints about the dishonest business practices of INTELIUS.
    I'm thinking of alerting FBI fraudulent business investigation unit about this internet scam company.

• Tr
    Tricko Oct 10, 2009

Around September 08 I went to intelius an on line site to look up an old friend. I had to open an account with them to do a search. While attempting to open an account there was some confusion it was not clear what to do. It was tricky and before I knew what had happened I had been tricked into an agreement of some kind of service where they watch my accounts. I do not and did not want this service and I bet that many people have made the same mistake that I made. Be careful if you do any business with these people.

My bank account has been charged. $19.95 A month since sept, 08 and I just found out today March 26 09.

Nolle Sep 02, 2009

I went to the intelius web site to look up a cell phone number, it was called reverse phone look up. I had saw someone else us this service to look up a cell number. I used my credit card and was charged 5.99. However, I never got the phone number that I paid for. So I let it go, what's 5.99. But every month since that happened they have debited my account for $19.95. I am contacting my bank and the better business bureau to try to put a stp to this theft. So far they owe me over 45 dollars. I plan to recover every penny.

• Bi
    Bill S Jul 27, 2009

Unauthorized charging to my credit card. Never signed any agreement. When you try to cancel all you get is music and please wait for next representative. Was on line for over half hour no response. Instructed credit card company not to pay this charge or any future charges.

• Bi
    Bill Jul 27, 2009

First it was free- then $4.95 - Then they charged my debit $9.90 and still snly got old information! Immediately charged my account and just try and cancel service -- ha ha !

• Sf
    SFJon Feb 20, 2009

and oh ya it took me 2 hours on the phone to TRY and get a full refund.

• Sf
    SFJon Feb 20, 2009

got me too.. how can this be legal???

they're going down.

• Fi
    fidel Feb 18, 2009

I did not order membership, please credit me with money charged to my credit card. $19.95. your customer service has a waiting tim that is ridiculas. Thanks Deatrah Canciobello

JoJo Feb 03, 2009

I got taken by this scam too. Because I didn't check my billing statements carefully, a single 99 cent inquiry through Intelius cost me $120!!! I supposedly signed up for some identity protection program. The thing is, I already have id protection provided by another company (for free) because my insurance company lost everyone's records. Therefore, I KNOW I did not agree to pay for this service. I just called "customer service" (hah!) and complained about the scam. The rep told me it wasn't a scam. I strongly disagreed and got hung up on. If the charge is on my next bill, I'll be back to vent - maybe I'll have to cancel my card too. It would be cheaper than a lawsuit. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. I WILL NOT USE IT AGAIN.

• Sp
    speesbuslady Jan 21, 2009

I waited and waited for a response. I e-mailed, no one contacted me I am being billed $19.95. I did not autherize the payment be taken out of my checking account. This is a ripoff

• De
    Deja Green Jan 12, 2009

I do not know who authorized you to charged my acct, in the last 2 months there has been ove $300 .00in charges to my acct, ontop a subscription charge.I have tried calling you for the last 2 months to no avail, I want the money put back into my acct, I never signed up for this whatever service, you have overdrawn my acct over $150.00 because of these charges

• Valerie Dec 01, 2008

Being billed $19.95 @ month and unable to access any services then tried to cancel subscription, but still being billed $19.95 @ month. Never used services from this company.

• De
    Debra L. Huron Nov 12, 2008

I have had many issues similar to above with the Intelius Service. Information is outdated and I finally had to get a new AMEX number as this continued to charge my credit card!!

• Ka
    Kathy Nov 11, 2008

I can not even believe that these scammers have not been nailed by someone by now. I had a similar situation of ordering a one time phone number info search for 0.99 on 10/28/08...next thing I see a charge on my bank statement from these scums for 19.99...when I called and said I wanted my money back...they said they could not do this because I signed up for a 7 day free trial...yea like I authorized this...makes me mad at myself for not seeing through this scam. No wonder their profits are up 930%...What a bunch of crap!!!

• Fr
    frank mcguire Oct 20, 2008

I did not order membership, please credit me with money charged to my credit card. $19.95. thanks

• Valerie Oct 15, 2008

Some months ago I used the Intelius service to find a number for an old friend. Intelius has a one time use feature that supposedly costs six dollars. I chose this option and was able to get a number for my old friend whom I was subsequently able to contact.

However, they charged twelve dollars and ninety five cents to my bank account. I was OK with this because I was happy to have been able to make contact using the information I purchased. Recently, though, Intelius ripped another nineteen dollars and ninety five cents from my bank account for a membership fee.

I am not OK with this and have written to them asking for a refund. There has been no response.

• So
    Sofia Oct 10, 2008

WOW!!! They did the same thing to me. I all of a sudden saw monthly charges of $ 19.95 and never asked for them. They refuse to give the refund on top of it!

• Valerie Oct 09, 2008

I was trying to get a phone report and was charged 4.99 they charged my credit card and they were going to try and hit me up for 19.95 charge that I didn't even ask for. They said they would refund my money. I didn't believe them after reading the negative response from here canceled my debit card and got a new one so they cant rip me off like they have done others or tried to. I have used them in the past and have not had any problems but I didn't want to take the chance.

• Valerie Sep 26, 2008

I am so pissed! I check my acct. this morning and I have an unauthorized activity on my acct. from a company called Valuemax... shown as "ap9* valuemax-v" on my acct. After a long morning of being on the phone I realized that this was taken out of my acct. because I did a reverse phone # look up on Intelius website aaand paid to do so.

I clicked on a little box at some point during check out that said something like "Yes, I agree to have an email sent to the email address provided for information on how to save $10"... or something like that. I'm sure somewhere in the fine print it told me that by clicking this deceiving little box that I am authorizing some company, that I've never heard of, to charge my account a monthly membership fee of $19.95 for services that are not specified and that I (like many of us) do NOT NEED!All because I did a People Search... omg! Don't you think if they wanted you to come back and use their website again that wouldn't try to rob you!

The saddest part of this is that it is legal to be deceiving like this in order to steal money from innocent and hard working people! I plan on going as far as I can go with this. It's not even the fact that they STOLE money out of my account that *** me off it's that they are continuing to do so day after day and nobody is doing anything about it! When I spoke with the man on the phone from Intelius I told him he should be ashamed of cashing his check every week! That is our money people!!! Our HARD earned money! They know what they are doing and they are getting rich from stealing from us. I'll be back to add more as I get more information on what we can do to stop these thieves from getting rich off of our money.

Jan Chambers Jul 26, 2008

The keep stealing from my bank account!!! This company is a nightmare. Dont trust them!!

• Hi
    HILDA QUILES Jul 25, 2008

I've been charged for services I've not authorized. I've tried to call this people to stop this charges but nobody answered.