Menu
ProgramStop.com
reviews & complaints

ProgramStop.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

18 complaints
6 resolved 12 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ProgramStop.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
9:28 pm

ProgramStop.com - Unauthorized credit card charges

My mother has been charged twice as I can see for a service that she never signed up for. I can't get anyone to answer the phone. My mother is 89 and she doesn't have that kind of money. I see that there are numerous complaints of fraud. I believe that her credit card number has been hacked. There are no invoices or anything that I can find. Just several charges.

Desired outcome: I want her to get her money back and this company to be charged with fraud.

L
12:19 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ProgramStop.com - Scam will trying to set appt.

AHS number is scammed or hacked. 877 489 3659. the man making the appointment is a scammer. He insisted I listen to this financial info insisting that is does not apply to me but must listen anyway. I was charged $4.95 for a fee... AMS Financial Coaching. Some how AHS is finding it hard to believe that one number provided on their contract has been hacked and r the man answering the phone is ripping off the people calling in for an appt. for their home. American Home Shield's number has been compromised at the least.

Desired outcome: $500

D
7:55 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I never used the website www.programstop.com. But 4 weeks ago, I found out that these scammers took $98.78 from me. I immediately found their phone and started to call, but each time the machine answered. Also I sent them several emails, but no one of course replied. I have no idea what measures to take now, and therefore I hope that someone can help me. I...

6:26 am

ProgramStop.com - I don't gave money for such scam

I loged on for christmas purchase for grand-children, this popped up, by the time I relized what was going on I got out of this site but unknown to me it still went thru & charged my account! i find out by receiving their crap in the mail, as of 12-8-2011 am I am getting ready to cancle this as stated on document to go to www.programstop.com, if this shall fail I will file charges. I am a disabled grandmother on a fixed income $ don't have this money for such a scam, I'd rather donate to the needy.

5:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

For Three months my credit card account has been billed 424.95 for god knows what. When I guestioned the number on my bill I got mumbling --no direct answers or satisfaction!!!

E
1:06 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ProgramStop.com - stole my debit card info

Company with web site www.programstop.com debited my bank account with out me knowing. So far that I have found its for a total of $50.00. I am a single mother of two, just lost my job and having to fight for my unemplyment. This is something I cant afford like most people in our country we are pinching pennys. These people need to be stopped.

1 comment
Jun 24, 2011 6:13 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lets try this again. I've said it before, will say it again Dont Give Out Your CC Information to anyone then you wont put yourself in this situation & Think about your finances & Your Children before You go online & Indulge Yourself in shopping sprees you clearly could'nt afford.

D
1:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

From July to October, I have been charged $24.95 ($74.85 total) for something I did not subscribe or authorized. I do not know who this company is or never talked to anyone there. My bank gave me their 800 number. I called but no one was there. I will try again monday (oct 18, 2010). I want my money back, and I willing to press charges against them. Please tell me why can I do.

N
9:27 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have found a charge on one of my credit card for a membership fee that I did not authorize ofr $24.94. When I call they refer me to their website, which will not open. From looking at all of these complaints how are they still not being presecuted ? I ayone has ideas on how to stop them please let me know.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I do not know what I am being charged for! I looked at my statement, and they charged me $126 plus monthly $19.95 membership fees. I want them reported to the BBB and FTC>

ProgramStop.com - FRAUD

When inquiring my account balance this morning I found 4 UNAUTHORIZED transactions to my account. Two for $16.95 each to Homeplay & Two for $16.95 each to Vacation Passport. I called the numbers provided & got voicemail which sent me to the site www.programstop.com (for both companies). I immediately printed all information including 10 pages of complaints & went to my bank & filed a dispute & contacted visa. I went to Better Business Bureau & they cannot help because it is FRAUD-a CRIME & a CIVIL LAW VIOLATION but they provided me w/ Volunteer Lawyers Network 612-752-6677 Minneapolis, MN 55402 & North Dakota Supreme Court State BD of law examiners 701-328-4480 600 E.Boulevard Ave., Dept.180, Bismark, ND 58505-In addition the parent company of homeplay, vacation passport, cooking in style, explore usa, essentials for home, gleam & glamour, value, funsource, value access, duets, glamour in you, out of balance, buyers plus & chase ultimate rewards plus is PROVELL, INC. 11100 Wayzata Boulevard Suite 680, Minneapolis, MN 55305 952-258-2000 (fax #952-258-2100) I hope this helps all of you & hope you follow through as I am-they need to be prosecuted! Marlena Capparelli

3 comments
Feb 07, 2009 3:41 pm

I have been charged $14.95 for almost 2 years before I noticed it on my statement. I canceled my card. When I called them and asked what they are she said it was for coupons. Has anyone ever been reinbursed for all the money they were ripped off?

P

This company has committed fraud. No idea how they got my charge and have been since 9/10, 10/10 and 11/10 charged $19.95 a month for something never heard of. Contacted credit card company and they are investigating as fraud. Tried to submit cancel and request money back and gives web error and won't go through. Called and said not there and go to www.programstop.com. Have no idea what this is about. Will be contacting my other accounts about this company.

Jan 08, 2011 2:07 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

What the Hell is this? I go to my account to find $24.95 gone to some place I have no knowledge of nor did I give permission to. I called the number and here I am on this website reading how these people have been doing this type of thing to alot of other people. How can this be ? Are there no laws to protect us consumers from fraud of this caliber?I am livid and this will n ot be the end of this for me.

A
2:55 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In reviewing my transations, I came across a $19.95 charge. I have no idea what this is for. I don't do group discount offers or anything else of the sort. I called the number provided on the statement and was directed to programstop.com. I then filled out the caccellation form. It seems they know that this is a scam because the only info available is how to cancel.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

MY NAME IS TRICIA DEMBOWSKI AND I NOTICED THAT HOMEPLAY TOOK 19.95 OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT.IVE NEVER VISITED THIS SITE NOR DID I GIVE OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THESE PEOPLE.I FOUND OUT WHEN I WAS LOOKING AT MY ACCOUNT ON 01/30/09.THEY HAVE STOLEN MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND I WANT MY 19.95 BACK.THIS IS ID THEFT AND I AM GOING TO CALL THE POLICE ABOUT THIS MATTER.

7:48 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am like all the others, unauthorized debit from my accounts. I have called three times and they still appear. How do they get away with this? After being on hold for 10 minutes for the third time I get someone who is vague and of course asking for my credit card # as they cannot find me by my name, ph#, etc., same story as before. I now keep this account...

L
7:07 am

ProgramStop.com - unathorized charge

I received my credit card bill for Oct and I have charge for $19.95 on 9/6/08 and $1.99 on 9/7/08. I called the number on my statement and all I get is a machine saying to go to programstop.com. I went to it and filled out the form to cancel what ever it was I supposely have a memebership to. I hit enter and it says this website has a programming error. I am angry. I have no idea who or what this company is and why I was charged. I will keep calling and filling out form on internet to get them to stop charging my credit card. I don't know what else to do. ! I am on a very budget income and can not afford this my credit card is only for emergency like if i break down in my car. I am so angry!

5 comments
N
Jun 03, 2016 8:18 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My credit card was charged $24.95, and I don't even know, who you'll are, nor what you'll are, other than, SCAMMERS.
I want my money credited back to my account ASAP.
If not I'll be in touch with the, BBB...and have my Lawyer sue this co. for the 24.95 plus alot more!
And I mean each and every word of it!
Nancy Russell

Mar 24, 2009 6:24 am

This ia a very active account that I keep paid up(except during the holidays), through my neglect these people made 8 charges to my Discover card of $24.95 each. Am now in touch with Discover. Doubt I'll get any money back, but want to make sure they don't get any more.

M

I was told that I would get a 14 day trial but was charge before the trial period ended.
I'm going to stop payment to this company and file sue if they continue to draw money out of my account.
I'm a low-income senior citizen I don't have much money as it is. My social security isn't very much now.
I think that this company should be shut down for fraud.
Mary Palmisano

Mar 08, 2013 4:19 am

I was scammed the same way. For the past three months a charged of 24.95, from a company called Coupon Connect. I never heard of this company before or used their services, and I don't know HOW THEY GOT MY INFO. I reported this company to my local BBB and my credit card company, and they are taking action. Ya! I wont my money back, but I really wont their address. HELLO! GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER! Christopher Brooks, - Washington, DC

P
Jan 01, 2012 8:48 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

for the last 4 or 5 months you have charged me 24.95, and I don't know what it is for . I want you to stop charging my credit card, cancel it. and credit my card back. I believe I called you before and canceled the same thing. I will get in touch will my credit card company to let them know you are charging me with out my consent and they will take action on you. Happy new year! thank you Peggy Harris.

A
2:45 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This website has charged $16.95 to my credit card two months in a row now. I want to know how they got all my information needed to do this. This is fraud!! I have never used their services, in fact, I don't even know what services they offer. This is not right.

O
10:10 pm

ProgramStop.com - They are thieves

Somehow they got my cell # & my VISA #. I only deal w/secure online sites. So they call verify my name, then tell me they are sending me vouchers for gas, food, car rentals, travel, etc... & will only charge a buck for the 1st 30 days then $19.95/mo. I tell them no they will not & how did they get my ph. & card #'s & who the hell is this, click they hang up 3weeks later I get "my membership" info & if I would like to cancel please call 800-475-1942. I called & the recording said to go to www.programstop.com. Obviously there is no such website cuz' here I am. They stole my ID info now they're trying to steal my $$. If there is or will be a class action suit I'm in.

4 comments
Jul 06, 2011 7:34 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered the Nubrilliance from one of those TV adds and then I get these phone calls saying they were sending me all this membership crap to other things I didnt want. They charged $1 a time 3 times and I had to wait to receive whatever crap they mailed to get the membership number to cancel. I told them I wasnt interested when they called but they wouldnt shut up. I cancelled 2 of them but then a 3rd was charged of $29.95 to my credit card today. I did call the 1-800 and emailed them and they said it would be cancelled and the refund would go back on my card. I hope it does because its such a hassle calling the credit card to dispute it and then cancel that card and get another.

G

just want to add that the television ad states that it is a risk free trial all you pay is shipping & handling and they are giving away 1.000, 000 free bottles. I haven't been billed yet, but this just happened about a week ago. I just received the budget savers stuff in the mail today, called and cancelled. Hoping and praying it doesn't go any further, will keep you posted!

G

I also received these things, was trying to order a bottle of CELTRIXA. I told these people repeatedly that i wanted nothing else andf I asked them over and over to be sure and clear, that I only wanted the one bottle of celtrixa they assured me that's what i would get and i got 3 bottles! with a paper saying i owed then 70.00$ a bottle, i flipped out. I have now learned not to order anything over the phone or internet.

W
Nov 03, 2008 8:54 am

I too was promised a gas card and other vouchers, but have not seen a card, vouchers, or any memebership information, yet they are still taking the $19.95 from my social security disability. I am now trying to cancel this b.s., and then I am going to notify my local press to inform them of what is going on here, so they can warn others!

8:52 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My credit card was also charged 99.99 for "WC Cooking In Style" on March 13, 29008. (I do not even cook!) When I called the number 1-800-566-8640, the recorder said that I reached "Programstop.com". When I went to check this out on the web, I came to this link full of complaints. I do not know these people, but I plan to let my credit card companies know...

K
12:00 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have never even been to this site or its affiliates, yet somehow my bank info was used for a $70.00 charge. This is fraud and identity theft. Why is this site even still on the net? Please go a step further and report them to www.ftc.gov.

ProgramStop.com contacts