Inteliusno product as promised!

P

Intellius charged me $19.90 to check on a phone number. They say they will do a full background check and provide information concerning that number. The ONLY information I got was a first name, no last name, and a validation that it is a phone line. I already knew it was a phone line and I thought you needed more than only a first name to get a phone number? I filed a complaint with them and they ignored it, I called and after twenty minutes of waiting I hung up. NO ONE should use this company they are a rip off!!!

• Br
    brian land Jan 22, 2008

Intellius is a complete ripoff. I did a background check a few months back,and I noticed 2 separate charges each month (for 3 months) for 14.95, each. One from pmidentity.com and the other from 24protectplus.com.

This is the kicker! I called each of the DIFFERENT 800 numbers on my credit card statement. Even though they are 2 separate numbers and look like 2 separate companies, I speak with the same PERSON! Her name was Ivan, with agent # 25528. She was "so sorry" about the charges and she gave me a credit for 3 months, each.

I bet a bunch of people don't even look at their statements until its too late.

I did not even sign up for those servcies!

what a scam!

brian

Mark Hilliard Jan 30, 2008

Intelius complaint here again. I paid $17 to look up a reverse listing on a phone number - they send me report with what looks like a first "nickname". No last name, and the number that I gave them - that was my report!

I requested a refund, TWICE, and finally heard back that they do not guarantee their information. SCAM if not FRAUD with these people.

• Da
    David Feb 28, 2008

Intellius charged me $11.95 to tell me that they couldn't locate a cellphone number that I had given them. Before I even signed up for the service, they indicated that they had found a report for me regarding that number. Very misleading service and not trustworthy. Possible scammers.

• Ho
    Homer Dile Apr 28, 2008

Scammers, scammers, scsmmers...You just cain't trust anyone these days.. Take yer money and tell a lie...Shame, shame, shame...

• Ro
    Roshelle May 20, 2008

This company is a scam. I was being charged by a company called 24 Protect plus. This caused lots of problems for me. They told me I signed up for this service by using Intelius. I relooked at Intelius's web site and I did not find any of this information about this service anywhere.

• Ro
    Roshelle May 20, 2008

Oh I have one more thing to add. The information I got about the person I looked up was WRONG they had a street adderess for this person and the city for the street was not even the right city

• Fo
    Foster Jun 14, 2008

After requesting a refund for a service they said they would provide and didn't the first response I got was that is was submitted for review blah, blah, blah...standard stuff. After a few weeks of not hearing anything or seeing a credit to my account I send a follow up email. Below is the a copy of the response I got...

"Your refund is on hold until further notice. Please do not e-mail again or we'll bill you again for the time spent responding to you asinine emails.

Regards,
    Pushpa Guptar
    Sr. Customer Service Specialist
    Phone: (425) 974-6100
    Fax: (425) 974 6194"

Of course I replied and said that they would be reported if I was charged a second time and that I expected a prompt and professional response in regards to my refund and this is what I got...

"Nah. I don't feel like it."

I will be sure to follow up with them and this board with the outcome of this. For anyone reading this that is thinking of using them...DON'T!!!

• Rh
    Rhonda Aug 05, 2008

phone number or 411.com
    whitepages.com

Catherine Aug 26, 2008

I had requested a reverse phone number. I got a response that it was a landline (which I knew) and a first name. I wrote requesting a refund since they didn't include a last name or address. I got a reply that my refund would be forthcoming. After a couple of weeks I e-mailed again to follow up. I got this nasty e-mail from Customer Service [[email protected]]: DUM DUMS DON'T GET REFUNDS!!!

Errrr, unless you fill out the attached form...

On the attached form was a clip art of (only way to say it) - A Pile of Poop.

So totally unprofessional. That's not even trying to be funny. This definitely has to be a scam. I'm sorry I put my personal information on the payment form.

Catherine Aug 26, 2008

to continue my prior complaint, when they responded with that horrible e-mail, I was out of the office and had a pop up indicating it. They responded to my out of office notice with this e-mail:

Sweet!!!. Would you like to take horsie with you? - and attached to that e-mail was a clip-art photo of a horse.

This is the caliber of intelligence at "Intellius."

They must have 2nd graders working at this place.

Carol Oct 06, 2008

I requested a reverse cell phone look-up to find out who was being called on my stolen cell phone. I got a "deal". For 99 cents they would send me the information. I was then told that it was a cell phone number and the person being called was Dave. That was it. I figured "shame on me" for falling for this and it was only 99 cents. I received my credit card statement today and they charged me $19.95 to subscribe. I don't recall subscribing to anything. I wish I would have read these comments first. Doesn't sound like I'll get my "subscription" fee back.

Jay Oct 19, 2008

After reading all this, I checked at Better Business Bureau - apparently the people above to threatened to complain have not. So, I requested that BBB do a report on this company. I don't know how long this takes and what the result will be, but hopefully Intellius will be on their radar now.

• Ki
    Kitty Warrell Nov 11, 2008

Intellius withdrew &19.99 from my bank account and I didnt purchase or subscribe to anything.

• De
    debi whiteside Nov 17, 2008

i was charged a 19.95 monthly fee i did not authorize that was charged to my credit card

Maiasaura Nov 29, 2008

Con artists -- hubby paid $2.75 to get a phone number. Two months in a row was charged $19.95. Had to change ATM card number to stop it.

Mayra Cruz Dec 10, 2008

Fraud, pure fraud. They charged me $52.00 for a back ground check with the S.S # of the person and the complete name so the can give me the adress, and the send me the report of about 25 different people. They said that they had the adress and phone number and I didnt get non of the info. that I requestedand paid for. I left them a message and have called them a few times but theres no answer back. Dont waste your money on these company they are a rip-off.

• Bo
    bop54 Jan 06, 2009

I requested information gave my cc# - it was charged but I never received the information I requested - Can't wait to give this information to my cc company - I will dispute any and all charges from Intellius.

BAD...BAD...BAD

• Pa
    PAMELA HOLDEN Mar 17, 2009

THEY NEVER UPDATE THEIR FINDINGS. THEY GAVE ME AN EIGHT YEAR OLD ADDRESS. THEY CHARGE MY CARD MORE THAN THEY WERE SUPOSED TO.EVERY TIME I GO ON THE SITE A GET A DIFFERENT LIST OF THE PERSON IM LOOKING FOR

• Ka
    kare Mar 27, 2009

i will like to cancel this membership and a refund

• Charmet Apr 26, 2009

The same thing happned to me, too. Intellius is bad news, so never give your cc number to these jerks.

• We
    Wendy Jackson May 21, 2009

Had unauthorized withdraw from a company called Value Max, never authorize

• Jd
    jd4467 May 22, 2009

I ordered a reverse look up on a phone number and never received a address as advertised.

catherine Jun 10, 2009

If you can't find a reverse phone number on WhitePages.com, Intellius can't find it either. Don't waste your money. They have access to the same data that we do.

Joyce D. Enfinger Jun 12, 2009

This company stole money from my checking account.

• Cl
    ClassAdvocate Jun 16, 2009

There are plenty of similar complaints against this company. I am not aware of any class actions currently underway, although here is a list of class actions against internet service companies. I hope it helps.

• Pro Tip: If you give your credit card number and click the I agree button it is not fraud, why? Because you gave them authorization by entering in your personal information. Not to say you might have a quality dispute for services not rendered. Maybe working in the credit card industry has made me a bit jaded, however most of what I see are complaints from people who are very quick to blame the company and not take responsibility for the fact that you went on their website and entered in your Name, address, phone and credit card. Regardless of what information you received about people you can't find on your own the internet is a cess pool of information and you get what you pay for.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices