IHOPextemely poor service

Our family just experienced the worst restaurant service we have ever had at iHOP today (8/7/08). We arrived at about 11:45 on Friday, waited over 30 minutes to be seated, over 15 minutes for a waitress to come to our table, and over another 30 minutes for our food to come.

At no time during the wait, did the manager come to talk to the customers about the delays. There were no forks at our table, so we had to get them ourselves.

Customers at over 4 other tables got tired of waiting and left the restaurant. The restraint was only about 1/2 to 3/4 full during our wait, and when we finally got our food was only about 1/4 full.

I finally asked to talked to the manager, and she stated that our food was coming and would only discount 2 meals.

It was my sister's birthday. and when the food came her order was not included, and she had to wait another 5 minutes, and then only 1/2 her order arrived. We were also most done eating when the rest of her order arrived.

Finally we got tired of waiting for the bill, and went to pay, and HAD TO WAIT for the manager to get the bill.

Again we and another family in front of us complained that this was the worst service we have ever experienced, and asked for the meal costs to be waved, but the manager would only discount 2 meals.

I asked to the manager to write her manager's name and her name on the receipt, but she only listed her name, and a number that did not go to iHOP.

I called iHOP via their web site contact us information, and was told the information would be sent to the franchise owner, and that there was no way to contact the franchise owner directly. Ticket #293248

• De
    Dennis Johnson Feb 16, 2011

While I dont know the real particulars of this paticular restaraunt, I would like you to consider other possibilities( not exuses by a long shot) for some of the problems you experienced. Illness, injury, poor scheduling may have left the kitchen or dining staff short handed and over worked and is one possibility. Fridays are typically busy and often orders are delivered fridays and teh restaraunt may have been trying to overcome a shortage, thus causing a delay also. While I cannot comment on the management or franchise failure to respond to your complaints, I can try to explain the staffs problems and tell you most kitchen and dining staffs care extremely about problems, as we realize you( the customer) are the single most important part of our job. Please give them another chance.