Menu
IHOP Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

IHOP
reviews and complaints

www.ihop.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 908 Reviews

How responsive is IHOP's customer service?

58 Resolved
839 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how IHOP handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with IHOP and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for IHOP has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

IHOP reviews and complaints 908

Filter reviews by rating
2 reviews
9 reviews
Sort by:

Newest IHOP reviews and complaints

11:26 pm EDT

IHOP service, cleanliness

My date of visit was 8-31-19. My husband and I arrived at 4:30 P.M. and there were NO other cars in parking lot. Walked into a totally filthy welcome mat at front entrance and 4 employees just sitting around doing nothing because of having and were given only one set and told she'd get us the other set. After waiting over 5 mins. for that, I got up and took some off of a nearby table. Our coffee was brought to us and there was no container on the table with sugar packets, so I had to get up and steal that from another table as well. It took what i felt was exceptionally long time to get our order considering no other customers were there. We waited almost 20 mins. for our order and then was shocked to see the size of the pancakes which weren't even as large as the saucers on our table. I commented on the size and was told they had recently cut down on the size. Additionally, they were cold and would not even melt the butter. When getting the syrup, the bottles had syrup dripped down the sides and were sticky all over. This is a fairly newly opened restaurant and our previous visits there have been pleasant. There is no excuse for the workers to be sitting around doing nothing though when they have no customers and not preparing everything for the next busy time while time allows.

11:23 pm EDT

IHOP manager ignoring my requests and being rude

I came to ihop to sit with a specific server and when I had asked to sit with her the manager had taken down our name and her name was written downed well (the server I wanted) but when I walked away I saw the manager scratch something out and roll her eyes. I come all the way from tennessee just to sit with my server and was denied the privilege of doing so. When I wanted to sit in her section with her. When I asked my current server (who was very sweet and polite) who the hostess and manager was that was very rude to me she had said april or something like that. I have came to ihop many times but never treated with such disrespect as for who I cannot sit with. Especially from someone who's supposed to be a manager. All I know is I will not be returning while this manager is on duty and probably not at all to any ihop in that location till my server tells me she is fired.

L
8:04 pm EDT

IHOP waitress tammy c/229

IHOP location 3119
My husband and I frequent this location on a pretty regular schedule for breakfast. We have been seated 3 times now in the area where a waitress by the name of Tammy C /229 is our server. I don't usually like to complain, but this waitress lacks on many levels. She's nice, but unprofessional and has no concept of how she should be treating her customers. She doesn't check on us but MAYBE once while we're there, IF THAT. We have to flag down other waitresses to give us refills. She forgets things asked of her, for instance, if we ask for water or hot syrup upon our initial order. And when we do ask her something she always seems to be perturbed, as if we're bothering her. She comes off as very brash. We never know who the waitress is when we're seated, and it would be rude if we were to ask to be relocated when we realize it's her. I am not asking her to be fired, but maybe retrained in customer courtesy and attentiveness, as she really lacks in both. We always tip our servers at least 20%, including Tammy, but I don't feel we are getting ANY attention thus feel as if I should be tipping less. Thank you in advance for anything you can do.

J
1:40 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP service, food and cleanliness

Hello my name is Joey, my family and I love to eat at ihop. Last night on 08/10/2019 @ 7:10 p.m. we entered the ihop #4442 for supper. Our waitress Vickie E #483 was very unprofessional, spaced out like she didn't know where she was and would forget what we just asked for. The restaurant was empty and with all of the tables open they sat us right beside a booth with dirty dishes that sat the whole time we were there having to see and smell that. There was silverware on the floor the waiters walked by the whole time not to mention the dirty silverware we were given to eat with and wipe our mouths. The food was cold, very small portions and didn't taste right. IHOP is one of our favorite places to eat but last night was a very bad experience to spend $ 41.10 when I could have stayed home for a lot less but we chose to eat with your business where we love but I work to hard for my money to be treated that way. I have included pictures so u know what I'm saying is true. My family may be small but feelings do matter.

A
3:23 pm EDT

IHOP unprofessional

My sister & I went to go eat breakfast at ihop, while waiting for our meal, at 12:24 pm 8/7/19, we hear the manger monica yelling at one of the employee, so loud, we couldn't carry on our conservation, that is so disrespectful & unprofessional, I am sure other customers heard beside us. Situation could have been handle better by taking the employee to office talk to with respect. We all have feelings & i'm sure the employee was hurt, we have always had pleasant experience & would like to continue to eat there. Thank you for listening. [protected]@austin.rr.com

Update by Adela Carrow
Aug 07, 2019 3:31 pm EDT

Same complaint as above.

11:22 am EDT

IHOP unethical behavior, terrible customer service

Last night a couple of friends and I came in to have dinner around 8:40ish and we had a terrible experience. The waiter last night was very rude and unpleasant. We were a little understanding at first as it was close to the closing time although that should be no excuse. When we first walked in we didn't have to wait very long, my friends were wondering if we could sit on the other side of the restaurant and so when the waiter came to the front I simply asked if we could sit on that side and I barely got the whole question out without him saying no its closed in a kind of rude tone. I was understanding that it was late and we let it go. We got sat and he asked if we wanted some drinks so we all say what we want and one of my friends had gone to the bathroom and didn't have time to decide what she wanted so she was like I'm all set right now I don't know what I want so then he goes okay I'll bring you a water and my friend was like no I'm all set I don't want water then he says okay ill bring you a water after we said no. So when he came back with the drinks he sets them all down and my friend was like you know I didn't want the water and he goes yeah I'm just trying to be funny. My other friend had ordered a chocolate milk and it was not mixed at all and when she mixed it up it had white chunks floating on the top. When he came back to take our orders we had a few simply questions as we asked them we could barely finish talking before he just said no and nothing else. He did not allow us to make any of the substitutions we asked for. When he was taking our menus he was kind of aggressive and one of my friends had their phone on the menu and he just ripped the menu by one page. At this point we felt he was being extremely rude. When the food came he set all of our food down, everything was looking okay until he set the stuffing down that looked like a pureed mush so when he came back I asked him if he could take it back because I wasn't going to eat it and we didn't want it sitting on the table while we were trying to enjoy our food. He then goes what you don't like stuffing and I was just like no I don't like the way it looks. So he takes it back and while we were sitting there we could hear him yelling or being rude to who I'm assuming the employees. As we were eating the turkey was broken up pieces and had dark hard chunks and just didn't taste good at all. So when he came back to see how everything taste I just told him that we did not like it and the turkey was just not good at all so if he could take our plates. When I saw him walk by I was trying to get his attention so we could get the check and he didn't stop and continued walking and answered once he was past where I could see him. He then comes over and he goes you didn't like your food so I'm not going to charge you for it and when of my friends still had her food and she was thinking about taking it home and he was like if you take it home I have to charge you for it but if you don't like it then just let me take it back and take it off the bill and you guys can have a good night. With the whole experience that we were already having we just felt that he wanted us to go and wasn't being very nice about it. I'm not sure what you guys do about things like this but we were all very upset and disappointed with the service that was provided to us.

3:44 pm EDT

IHOP service

Yesterday, August 3rd, my husband and I ate at your restaurant at 6:30 pm. When we arrived, there were very few customers seated and a family of 4 that came in after us. We stood waiting to be seated for 7 minutes from when I started timing based on your clock above the hostess stand. While standing there we made eye contact with the shift manager several times. This was a thin woman with short black hair. I even motioned for her, but she ignored us. The entire time we were there all we saw her do was walk around straightening salt and pepper shakers on the tables. In addition, two staff members came in to apparently start their shift but wouldn't even make eye contact.

Finally, a very rude young woman came to seat us. She scowled at us and hardly said a word.

After a long wait our waitress came to take our order. Some tables that were seated after us and got their order quite a while before us. While waiting for so long, we did observe one bright spot. A young man named Gabe was doing an amazing job. He was serving his tables with the same level of service you get at a fine dining restaurant. While the other servers disappeared in the backroom he was not only taking care of his tables, but taking requests from the tables that weren't his including requests to go and find their waitress.

One young woman, heavy set with her dark hair pulled back in a bun, had the audacity to yell at him to clear one of her tables. This was after customers from her tables had to go to him for help. I called this young man over to our table to tell him that it appeared to us that he was the only one in this restaurant who knew how to do a good job. The people in the booth next to us, who he waited on, chimed in and said they whole-heartedly agreed. The shift manager saw our two tables having an exchange with him and she never came over to see if she could help.

Our food finally arrived and no surprise it was cold. There were also items missing. I told the waitress that the strawberries on my waffle were frozen and she said they must have been taken right out of the freezer, never offering to remove the extra charge for the uneaten strawberries.

We used to come to your restaurant often, but sadly the quality has definitely gone downhill. After this experience we shall not return. I suggest that you upgrade your management staff to ensure that your team is at least doing minimum work.

N
1:49 pm EDT

IHOP dirt table, poor service, wrong order,3 times, forgetting items, horrible ihop!!

2friends eating at IHOP in Norfolk Va.Service was HORRIBLE! Table dirty, waitress gave horrible service, she(kim) got the order wrong 3 times, forgot to bring a bowl back 4 times, waffles were doughy, chicken was brick hard(chicken & waffles), had to ask for refill twice.i asked another waitress for a bowl she said Ok, walked away stood beside a Co worker talking and NEVER CAME BACK to my table.I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS IHOP!

K
6:18 pm EDT

IHOP former employee complaint

Hello Julia Stewart,

I'm writing to share my experience of working for IHOP in the year 2002 for two years. You may wonder why I am writing you so many years later and I can tell you why. It all starts with a college student who had a passion for teaching and was attending college to become a teacher. This college student also didn't have any support financially or otherwise from my family. That person is myself who is now a successful teacher and at the time needed to work to pay my way through college. At some point during my college years I learned that I enjoyed being a waitress and thought I was good at doing so. I had just entered Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and began working at IHOP in San Luis Obispo on Madonna Rd. Since I was completely independent and could not rely on anyone if any unforeseen financial burdens arose I did feel a need to keep my job at IHOP regardless of how I was treated. That is where the why comes in with my being compelled to contact you regarding my experience. I worked for a manager at the time who yelled at myself in front of the customers such as "Hurry, Hurry!" inches from my face with plates stacked on my arms. She also treated me like I was less than or stupid. I continued trying to improve my abilities as a waitress since I was so young, in my 20s, and thought maybe I was doing something wrong. She continued to yell at me very loudly with her eyes pierced and yelling closely to me. Also, the cooks that I worked with would make me feel uncomfortable as well making advances toward myself and my sister. My sister also worked there at some point and was her first job as well as being quite young. They flirted with her as well.

The manager did nothing to curtail their advances. I was quite uncomfortable working with my co-workers but I believed in the quality of the food as well as enjoyed my customers. It was quite difficult to enjoy the aspects of the job I enjoyed due to the mental duress I was under. After all, I was afraid and feared losing my job. I do hope that others do not have these experiences and haven't since I left. I do not think it is alright for restaurant managers to treat their employees like they are stupid and create an uncomfortable working environment. They need to know there is more than upselling and making money. Wait staff are humans who may be a college student as I was who was quite alone in the world and felt a sense of accomplishment being a waitress and building those connections with customers. Building those connections with staff is just as important. Thank you for your time.

Kerri Essex

[protected]

Update by kdl esx
Jul 22, 2019 12:43 pm EDT

Excuse me, you know what's not productive, you and your comments.

Update by kdl esx
Jul 22, 2019 11:54 am EDT

What would suggest after these rude comments? don't teach English? don't complain about something traumatic? no solutions given here. Just rudeness.

S
10:37 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP got my breakfast ordered wrong

Got the online order wrong and call back to the store and talk to the manager and she remade it to early and it was cold when I got there and still left the fresh fruit out of the bag again and asked to remake the order because of it was cold but she refused to get it right so I asking for a full refund.
Chk 2070
Please give me a call at+[protected]
My Nick Therrell

A
9:05 pm EDT

IHOP service

When we first got there we waited 10 mins to be seated the floors was really sticky all the tables were filthy not cleaned and when we finally got our food they brought my son applesauce and never a spoon he had to eat it with a straw we never got checked on some of the food was over done and then we was over charged and waited for almost an hour and still never got money back worse ihop we have ever been to. Service was really bad and supervisor was mouthy about us trying to get our money back.

J
2:58 pm EDT

IHOP customer service and food.

My wife and I came to this location as we always do. It has never taken so long to get our food. Over an hour to get our food. And when we got it we were very disappointed. Big steak omelet and the French toast combo we crispy bacon. Problem 1 of the food the bacon was soggy. 2 I asked for blueberry pancakes nothing extra. The blueberries were piled in the middle of the pancakes. And also piled with blueberry topping and whip cream. Next the big steak omelet barely had steak and the steak tased spoiled or old. The person that was taking our order barely came to our table. We had to ask for condiments as well. We asked the server about an extra charge on our bill and her reply was bland and with no explanation. We then asked for a manager which an assistant manager came. He explained the charge but not why there was so much blueberry on the pancakes which we only asked for blueberry pancakes only. Nor could he explain why the blueberries were piled in the middle of the pancakes. We were ready to just pay and leave and out of nowhere another lady popped up at our table asking us "you wanted to see me?". We replied no we just to pay and leave. We had things to do today and now we are detoured home because the food has us rushing to the toilet. This is by far the worst experience we have ever had at any ihop across the country.

R
10:59 pm EDT

IHOP I paid in american cash and was not given any exchange at all on the us cash I paid with

I had dinner with a friend today, Friday, July 12, 2019 at 540 pm at the 455 Sterling Lyon Parkway location of IHOP. The service was great and the food was tasty. At the end of the meal I went to the cashier to pay for my bill in US American cash and I was told they would not give me any money for the exchange rate between US and Canadian money. My bill was $29.50 Canadian and I paid with $30 American Cash a US $20 Bill and a US American $10 bill. she gave me back 50 cents Canadian. I demanded to see the manager and asked wby they do not give exchange on the difference between American and Canadian money and I was told THAT IS THE IHOP POLICY ...NO EXCHANGE RATE PAID. I looked online and my $30 US American dollars is worth $39.10 Canadian so IHOP JUST STOLE $9.10 from me BUt they sure will get the $9.10 exchange rate when they deposit it in the bank tonight. I got the manager Ashley to sign my cash register receipt that I paid $30 US American cash but they didnt give me exchange. so when do you plan on giving me my $9.10 for the exchange that your restaurant didnt pay me ? I have no problem with going to the Winnipeg Free Press and CTV NEWS and CBC RADIO to tell them how you steal the exchange rate from customers . McDonaklds even gives exchange rate but IHOP CANT ! right . I have a copy of the recipt number and you can contact me at my email [protected]@hotmail.com and I will gladly email you the recipt with the store manager signature saying I paid US cash and didnt get exchange rate paid to me.

V
3:25 am EDT

IHOP unethical behavior

Like many other occassions, my wife and I, both seniors, decided to go eat at IHOP in Temple Tx. After driving more than 30 miles, we arrive to our favorite IHOP, this restaurant is the one we always come to eat. The place was almost empty, except for several cops eating. The waitress came and ask my wife what we wanted to do, that was a surprise question and odd, because we choose a restaurant to eat, so my wife replied, we cane to eat. She said sitdawn a server will come to help you. We were made to wait longer than unusual, and nobody came after about 10 minutes. We notice 3 waitresses taking care of the cops. The manager knew we were there waiting. The person telling us to sit down and wait was very rude and had a bad attitude. Since noone came to help us. We left and went to eat at another restaurant.

K
10:03 am EDT

IHOP service provided

First I wanna start by saying I'm not prejudice at all & never have been but we were totally discriminated against at this restaurant. I want to file a complaint with you. We were told it would be a 15 minute wait after 45 mins they had to separate our party of 7. It was 7 adults and 2 kids, one needed a high chair. We were told there couldn't be a high chair at the end of a table so at this point that was fine bc we just wanted to eat, leave and get back on the road from our vacation. While finishing our meal a group of black people were seated directly behind us and they allowed for a high chair at the end of the table, which we were told that that it was a fire hazard. We told the manager and they were scrambling trying to figure out what to say or do. I would appreciate some type of response to this as soon as possible. Thank you

My name is Kimberly Bailey and we were at the restaurant on June 30 @ 11:42
My email is: [protected]@yahoo.com
or I can be contacted via my cell [protected]

The store number on my receipt is #520

B
7:08 pm EDT

IHOP all the food.

I am sitting in IHOP #3362 and the service is horrendous. The waitress has completely ignored us and was rude when we asked a question about our meal. Even worse we ordered burgers and one of them was almost raw. Last I checked salmonella was still a thing. The fries are rock hard and so are the chicken strips. Not to mention the grease tastes like it hasn't been changed in a while. Not even worth trying to complain because we can't get anyone to come to the table.

P
2:27 pm EDT

IHOP ihop store# 691 located in 2201 cleveland ave. madera, ca

My children and I went to IHOP Store #691 yesterday June 18, 2019, located in Madera, CA.
We ordered Jr.Cupcake Pancake Combo, and on a sides of nutella which it is placed in a mini cup. As my daughter eating, my daughter chewed on a golden wrapper found in the nutella, my daughter immediately told me and I immediately informed our waitress, Kelly. Kelly then did not charge us for the nutella...Our waitress, Kelly, was very pleasant, cordial, professional at her job duties. Despite of the golden wrapper found in the nutella, Kelly provided us an excellent customer service.
This is awakening for IHOP Leadership to fully properly train their staff and perhaps sign them off if needed to be competent to do their job. Their staff needs to double tripple check food prior to serving to customers.

Update by Patiala Babes
Jun 19, 2019 2:38 pm EDT

IHOP Store# 691 Located in 2201 Cleveland Ave. Madera, CA

Here we are in IHOP, as we love the food so much. My kids requested to eat out at IHOP.

Our waitress is Amanda. I ordered my coffee, got my coffee, prior to drinking I noticed a huge pink mark on the coffee cup, someone else's DNA.
My concern doesn't anyone here in IHOP checks their work prior.to serving it to customer.
On top.of that, our waitress, Amanda, is unprofessional, rude, retaliated against customer because we complained about the pink lipstics on the cup. Amanda needs behaviour, professional coaching. Otherwise she does not need to be working under a reputable IHOP company.

D
12:40 pm EDT

IHOP unsanitary deplorable conditions

Visited Jessup, MD location on 5/28/19. Coffee mug arrived with a huge pink lipstick stain on it - the mug was clearly dirty and unwashed! To make matters worse, the Breakfast Sampler arrived with a long dirty hair with unidentified sticky sludge material on it! The unsanitary conditions, lack of maintenance and cleanliness for a restaurant are astonishingly poor and unacceptable. A manager did not appear despite reporting both incidents to the waitress.
Additionally, IHOP is practicing false advertising! Our dining receipt indicates a free stack of pancakes if you fill out a survey for a coupon code however when you go to the link a message pops up "We are no longer accepting surveys." False advertising should be removed from the receipt if fake "offer" is unavailable. Overall this was quite a nauseating experience and I will not choose IHOP again.

7:59 am EDT

IHOP store 4405, gastonia, nc - particularly the manager of store

We visited the IHOP in Gastonia, NC (#4405) yesterday, June 16th - check # 3493. We arrived at 1058 a.m. and were told it would be a 20-minute wait to be seated; no problem. We were seated at about 11:23 and our orders taken at 11:28 (Please note, I only kept track of time because we had already purchased tickets for the theater for a 12:30 p..m. show). Our drinks were brought promptly, however the Siera Mist was rotten, tasted like a dirty drinking fountain. It tasted like the fountain had not been cleaned for awhile; a LONG WHILE.
The restaurant was busy, but not like a normal Sunday busy, surprisingly there were many empty tables throughout. Our section had 4 servers alone (and we were in the back of the store).
At 12:03 our server Christy returns and apologizes for the wait and says our order should be up momentarily, it's next in queue; says she doesn't understand what's going on, she placed the order over 20 minutes ago and we kindly correct her to state more than 30 minutes ago. We're still not completely worried because we are 5 minutes from the theater.
My husband begins to get antsy and my son now is quite hungry as overall we've been in the restaurant more than an hour. At 12:20 (Now we're going to miss our movie at the theater) - My husband gets up and notices the line of food (a later picture taken and can show what he means) is piled up under heat lamps. My husband sees our order and sees his gravy getting congealed under the lights. Speaks to our server and and asks why our food isn't being served. She responds with it's not ready - He corrects her and points to our order - she explains that while it's up there under the heat lamp, orders have to be taken / served in the order they are received and ONLY the table server can deliver the order. Please note at this point there are a minimum of 5 servers waiting to take their orders to their tables but can't because the Manager WILL NOT release them because they are NOT "ready" - My husband frustrated and returns to our table and tells us this story. I tell him that's BS... WHY, because the table that was seated just 5 minutes before ours (and they were the ONLY table seated directly before us) got their food at this point, 45 minutes ago. And the table next to us seated 20 minutes after us, got their food 10 minutes ago - we're still waiting...
At exactly 12:29 (now at our showtime) - The manager and our server bring us our food. My husband asks why there was so much food sitting under a lamp - The manager has no response other than to apologize and say, "I kept watching the food and sorry, but you see I watched and as the food gets cold I get the cooks to make a fresh batch" - WHAT?!?!?!?! So you purposely allow the food to sit in the window and get old and then get your cooks to make again, isn't that a complete waste of money versus allowing your servers who are just standing around waiting for their "turn" to serve their customers? She did not respond and walked away.
Our server kindly apologized and thanked us for speaking up, because she and the other servers do not understand the policy of not being able to serve the customers until it's their turn.
Needless to say our food was cold, but we were SO HUNGRY - we did eat it - my son who would've eaten just a child's portion under "normal" circumstances ate his serving plus my husband's side pancakes - why because we were literally served 1hr and 7 minutes after our arrival. Oh and the two tables behind us that arrived 30 minutes after us, got their food at the same time we did.
You manager gave us a whopping $5 discount on our meal - comping ONLY our drinks (3 coffees and a sierra mist, which was rotten anyway) and we never got refills anyway, because your carafe's hold less than 3 cups of coffee - so we didn't even get a full cup to begin with.
We still paid $30 and lost $50 because the theater would not honor our tickets for the next show and had to repurchase tickets. I don't know your Manager's name because she had no desire to share it, or ever come back to talk to us. She did stay hidden in the back of the restaurant.
As we were leaving at 1:00 p.m. - (2 hours in a restaurant that maybe should've been at most 1 hour) - My husband's back sore from sitting 2 hours in a booth with a hole in the bench; my elderly mother who also got stuck in a hole in the bench of the booth also very sore. In all the years of visiting this store, in all my years of going out to eat and we go to high end restaurants this is absolutely the worst we've ever experienced. We've never waited over an hour to get our meals and have always been treated with the utmost respect. Your Manager was horrible and obviously does not know how to handle a mediocre crowd. If leaving food under heat lamps is the "new way" of iHOP - then please know we have no desire to be loyal patrons any longer.

C
1:05 am EDT

IHOP management / ants

My husband and myself went to IHOP this afternoon for lunch around 230pm central time, we got seated in a booth there wasn't very many customers in the restaurant I would say 15 total, our waiter came over I ordered a pot of coffee, some cream and sugar, the waiter dropped it off asked if we were ready to order which we weren't so he left, he came back a few minutes later still weren't ready... Finally the third time we ordered... Our food came... So I was about 6 bites in to my food all of sudden there is a ant starting to crawl on to my plate! I said to my husband what the heck there's a ant! I killed I started to drink my orange juice and there is one on my arm so I'm oh my god so I stood up I look at my booth by the wall and there was more ants so the waiter walks by I'm like hey there are ants over here he looks dead at me walks away... Here is the kicker He is the Manager! Yep! So as I'm standing there for a few minutes literally the employees didn't care they weren't doing anything at all to were talking one was sitting in a both so I said ummm hello can I get help here u know there are ants here I told u, u looked at me I'm not getting not help the lady at the booth says I'm coming sorry I'm counting my money then the manager tells a bus boy to spray booths down a wipe them so the lady in red IHOP shirt wipes down seat litfs seat wipes out a few more ants to the floor! Bus boy comes over with a attitude ask whats the problem my husband said didn't your manager tell you? So lady in red walks way says to manger guy Valentine I believe his name was she said she didn't eat her food give her a discount she says I gotta go and she left. So Manager Valentine brings the bill and there is no discount what so ever and he stood like 10 feet from us and I said she told you to give me a discount and he started to yell at me don't disrespect me like that u don't know who I am ur not the only customer in here total uncalled for! He said if u want one I can give u one my husband said it should have already been done the other manager told you to do it! Valentine walked away a lady waitress came over the only discount we got was from our 20% off coupon. I am beside myself I eat at that IHOP often, now I will not be returning! I have a picture of were the ants were coming from!

IHOP In-depth Review

Overall Rating: IHOP is a popular restaurant chain known for its delicious breakfast options and friendly service. With a wide variety of menu items, affordable prices, and a commitment to cleanliness and customer satisfaction, IHOP is a great choice for a satisfying meal.

Website Design and User Experience: IHOP's website is well-designed and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The layout is clean and intuitive, with clear menus and search options. The website also provides helpful features such as online ordering and a store locator.

Menu Variety and Quality: IHOP offers a diverse menu with a wide range of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. From fluffy pancakes and omelettes to burgers and salads, there is something for everyone. The quality of the food is consistently good, with fresh ingredients and flavorful dishes.

Pricing and Value for Money: IHOP offers affordable prices for its menu items, providing good value for money. The portion sizes are generous, and the quality of the food justifies the prices. Additionally, IHOP frequently offers special deals and promotions, making it even more budget-friendly.

Customer Service and Staff Friendliness: The staff at IHOP is known for their friendly and attentive service. They are always ready to assist and ensure that customers have a pleasant dining experience. The waitstaff is knowledgeable about the menu and can provide recommendations if needed.

Cleanliness and Ambiance: IHOP maintains a clean and inviting atmosphere in all of its locations. The dining areas are well-maintained, and the tables are regularly cleaned. The ambiance is warm and welcoming, creating a comfortable environment for customers to enjoy their meals.

Accessibility and Location: IHOP has numerous locations across the country, making it easily accessible to customers. The restaurants are conveniently located in both urban and suburban areas, with ample parking available. The locations are also wheelchair accessible, ensuring that everyone can enjoy a meal at IHOP.

Online Ordering and Delivery Options: IHOP offers online ordering through its website, allowing customers to conveniently place their orders for pickup or delivery. The online ordering system is user-friendly and efficient, making it easy to customize your meal and add any special instructions. Delivery options are available through third-party delivery services.

Special Offers and Promotions: IHOP frequently offers special deals and promotions to its customers. These can include discounted meals, limited-time menu items, or loyalty program rewards. By taking advantage of these offers, customers can enjoy great savings and additional value.

Social Media Presence and Engagement: IHOP has a strong social media presence, with active accounts on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. They regularly engage with their followers by sharing updates, responding to comments, and running contests or giveaways. This allows customers to stay connected and informed about IHOP's latest offerings.

Health and Safety Measures: IHOP prioritizes the health and safety of its customers and staff. They adhere to strict cleanliness and hygiene protocols, including regular sanitization of high-touch surfaces and proper food handling practices. IHOP also follows local health guidelines and regulations to ensure a safe dining experience.

Dietary Restrictions and Accommodations: IHOP offers a variety of options for customers with dietary restrictions or preferences. They have a separate menu for gluten-free options and can accommodate other dietary needs upon request. The staff is knowledgeable about allergens and can provide information about ingredients used in their dishes.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: IHOP has a loyalty program called MyHOP, which allows customers to earn points for every dollar spent. These points can be redeemed for discounts or free menu items. The program also offers exclusive perks and promotions for members, making it worthwhile to join.

Community Involvement and Corporate Social Responsibility: IHOP is committed to giving back to the community and being socially responsible. They actively participate in charitable initiatives and support local organizations. IHOP also focuses on sustainability by implementing eco-friendly practices and reducing waste.

Additional Services and Amenities: In addition to its dine-in and takeout services, IHOP offers catering for special events and occasions. They can provide customized menus and deliver the food to your desired location. IHOP also has a gift card program, allowing customers to share the joy of IHOP with their loved ones.

Consistency and Reliability: IHOP maintains a high level of consistency and reliability across its locations. The quality of the food, service, and overall experience is consistently good, ensuring that customers know what to expect when dining at IHOP.

Feedback and Reviews from Other Customers: IHOP has received positive feedback and reviews from many satisfied customers. People appreciate the delicious food, friendly service, and affordable prices. The restaurant chain has built a strong reputation for consistently delivering a great dining experience.

Comparison with Competitors: IHOP stands out from its competitors with its extensive menu variety, affordable prices, and commitment to customer satisfaction. While there are other breakfast chains available, IHOP offers a unique dining experience that keeps customers coming back for more.

Recommendations and Improvements: One area for improvement could be expanding the vegetarian and vegan options on the menu to cater to a wider range of dietary preferences. Additionally, enhancing the online ordering system to include more customization options would further improve the user experience.

Conclusion: IHOP is a reliable and customer-focused restaurant chain that offers a wide variety of delicious menu options at affordable prices. With friendly staff, clean and inviting locations, and a commitment to customer satisfaction, IHOP is a great choice for a satisfying meal. Whether you're craving pancakes, omelettes, or burgers, IHOP has something for everyone.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact IHOP customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (866) 444-5144 +1 (818) 637-3079 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with IHOP?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with IHOP Customer Service. Initial IHOP complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for IHOP above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about IHOP. Discuss the issues you have had with IHOP and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.