Hootersdisregarding mission statement

I am so disappointed with the way my boyfriend and I were treated at Hooters. I went in to the West Covina location on 8/8/09 around 5:30pm and we were seated in a reserved area. My date and I only knew it was reserved because there was a sign taped to the table, but none of the hosts or waitresses bothered to give us a courtesy heads up that at 6:30 we would have to move, or leave. At 6:35 one waitress, not ours, came to the table to ask us to "hurry up and finish" because that table was reserved, after she saw our confused face she asked if anyone had notified us and I told her no, no one said anything but we did read the sign, and then she walked away. Within five minutes a tall manger can and leaned over to my date and said, " I’m sorry folks this table is reserved your going to need to vacate." At no time were we offered to be relocated or even asked if we wanted our check. I asked him if we could be relocated since our drinks were still full and our sampler plate half full, and as he hesitated he said, "Well I guess I can do that." That angered my date and I more after being harassed so frequently, and we said never mind we will leave. Yet still no one offered to give us our check. Finally we asked a waitress passing by for the bill (but we really should have just not paid and "vacated") and then our waitress came, but before we got the bill, yet another girl came to the table to ask us to leave and this time with security.

Its unfortunate that they treated us this way. It was actually my boyfriends birthday and we have asked several of our friends to meet us there later that night to celebrate, and we immediately spread the word of Hooters West Co. and their rudeness. As we walked out I saw that the party waiting for our table was a party of two. I really hope that that party was worth losing a potential thirsty and hungry party of ten, and severe word of mouth damage.

Thanks a lot West Covina Hooters!

• zoloftn151 Aug 09, 2009

How were the breasts on the waitresses? You left that part out.

• Bo
    bobtheman Aug 09, 2009

It never struck you that "reserved" meant "don't sit here?" This was your mistake.

• Bo
    bobtheman Aug 09, 2009

Oh wait, my bad... you were seated there... so now I have to agree with zoloft... how were the breasts?

maddyjinx Dec 23, 2009

These women get treated like nothing but pieces of meat and you somehow expect good service, you support this messed up and overpriced operation/mindless objectification of young, uneducated women by dining there, saw the sign, and then refused to speak up for yourself when you noticed something was wrong, and yet had the audacity and stupidity to actually pay for your food. I think you got what you deserved.