Menu

reviews & complaints

HMSHost Complaints Summary

3 Resolved
491 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from HMSHost with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for HMSHost has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of HMSHost. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

HMSHost complaints 494

Sort by:

Newest HMSHost reviews & complaints

H
4:46 pm EDT

HMSHost Bar at t3 manchester

The manager tried to wrench a glass out of my hand one minute after asking me to ‘go to gate’. It was 21.29 and he had decided that I should finish the glass of wine that I had bought 20 minutes before because he wanted to clean up the bar. He was belligerent, rude and offensive. When I asked for his name to report him he refused to give any detail other that he was ‘the

Manager’. He was a short guy with a beard.

I am appalled and want an explanation. I use this airport 35 times a year.

Kind regards

Howard Gibbs

[protected]@btinternet.com

Desired outcome: Full investigation of inappropriate behaviour

10:17 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

9/15/23 (9:45PM ET) Order # 8049 - Placed order of a cheeseburger at 9:28PM. - Went to sit down as I could see there was already a line of folks waiting for their order // figured I’d wait till I saw the couple in front of me get their order before I went back up. - Looked up a few min later and didn’t see them up there anymore so figured my order...

4:59 pm EDT

HMSHost Portland Jetport Shipyard

Sat at a greasy dirty group table at the Portland Jetport Shipyard bar. Ordered a drink from Am at 5:49 m pm on 8/40323 and asked the waitress to wipe down the table. She served the drink and said she’d clean the previous customer’s mess when she had a chance. She didn’t clean the tabletop until she brought the tab and I had to catch my flight. Disgusting!

Desired outcome: Refund

Is HMSHost legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals HMSHost as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, HMSHost stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering HMSHost should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

HMSHost earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: HMSHost achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for HMSHost. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Our scan shows HMSHost website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Hmshost.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for HMSHost have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up HMSHost and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While HMSHost has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 494 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We detected that hmshost.com is missing an SSL certificate, which is a cause for concern. Without an SSL certificate, the website may not be taking adequate steps to protect users' sensitive information. This can increase the risk of intercepted data being used for malicious purposes.
S
12:48 pm EDT

HMSHost Hiring

I am a parent making a complaint on behalf of my 16 year old. My daughter was “hired” by the company in june 2023. She was supposed to begin work st Chick fil a in Dallas Love Field Airport. She went to their hiring fair and was hired on the spot. She completed fingerprints for a background check, provided copies of her social security card and birth certificate, along with her school ID for her I-9 verification, and also completed orientation. She received her badge from the airport and was looking forward to starting her first job. On the day she was scheduled to go in to obtain her schedule, she received a call stating that she cannot work at the airport because she has to be 18 years old. My daughter informed me thst on the day of her interview the interviewer asked her, her age. My daughter followed up with an email to the person she was interviewed by and never received a response or an apology for the inconvenience. I’m more so upset that she provided all of that personal information to them. This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable to say the least.

B
3:56 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Burger King Store # 18238 Portland Jetport June24, 2023 1:39 PM While waiting for our flight's departure, we went to the above mentioned Burger King looking forward to a Whopper. When we attempted to order we were told that they had no burgers, so we changed to a fish sandwich. Again we were told that they didn't have the fish either. We had to settle...

A
5:28 pm EST

HMSHost Burger King FLL

Burger King FLL I was here the December 2nd 2022. The WORST service I’ve ever experienced. There were at least 8 employees working; all standing around like they didn’t have a clue what was going on. None of them doing ANY kind of work. Chatting and “hanging” out. I was 2nd in line, so no line, is a win! Boy was I wrong. I ordered 2 hashbrowns - that’s it. It took 27 mins for me to get my hash browns, I almost had to leave them behind, which almost felt like, that’s the point these employees were trying to make. I will never stop at this Burger King again. They seriously need to be observed. This is awful and unfair to paying passengers

Desired outcome: Review your employees….. worst employees as a group award going to Burger King FLL.

V
11:08 pm EST

HMSHost I work for hms and my time card punches are missing

I work at starbucks mco airport. 7 months ago we got a new manage. My pay has been wrong. It took 7 months before I could connect to hms time card for what reason I don't know. My over time has been straight pay only when it should be time in half for the past seven months. I check every day and last week and my punches where there but now 11-14-22 5am 222pm is missing along with 11-15-22 5am 215pm missing punching in and punches missing for lunch and punching out. I have my punches along with my paper from the cash registered from finance department that I get when fill money for cash register to prove I worked. I am a certified barister and I don't even get paid for it. I am paid 16.00 an hour while everyone else is paid 17.00

Desired outcome: I want to be back paid for what you owe me. I want to be paid 17.00 hrs union paper that is posted in our store Starbucks mco airport.

L
1:14 pm EDT

HMSHost Sammies Beach bar and grill Hopkins airport

This place is very disrespectful and very nasty Ive talked with a manager name Kim and she gave me so much attitude and said to me adn my family that "she cant stand working for this company because she hate dealing with customers"

her services gave me dirty cup. Ill never bring my family back into this location Kim you need to learn some respect i dont think you should be a boss if you gone talk to customers the way she did and i spent alot of money with this company. never again in my life. the way she said it was like she hates the world.

A
4:22 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HMSHost HR and management who I’ve dealt with.

I believe I was discriminated against and my case wrong. I was wrongfully terminated and when I spoke with someone named Tynicka Jackson she was rude to me and basically called me a racist. I don’t feel comfortable with this behavior and how I was treated and would firstly like to make a complaint how I was spoke to and how she did not look at my case properly. I also would like to express my concern about my recent situation at my job before I was terminated. I was treated unfairly and my hours were adjusted I am missing over 10 hours. I would like to speak to someone about all of this please.

Desired outcome: Lawsuit.

Read full review of HMSHost and 1 comment
1 comment
Paige A Lay
Shepherdsville, US
Apr 19, 2023 10:06 am EDT

I started at Starbucks at the Louisville International Airport last week and I quit in the middle of a shift yesterday because of discrimination. I was made to feel like I was at fault for saying anything about the obvious racism against white employees and customers. I am glad you put the name of the HR lady Tynicka Jackson because I will definetly contact her. Thanks for making this post.

2:01 pm EDT

HMSHost Drink price

It's totally insane, add 18% gratuity for just one beer and one glass wine, it

Was not write... And the waitress don't gave a menu, we just asked for a drink.. Total price $32 it's a joke, it's a theft... At atlanta airport, see the recite... Never come back on this restaurant and tell at everybody, I know to stay away...

View 0 more photos
G
11:17 am EDT

HMSHost Working as a Starbucks Barista

This company is run by absolutely disgusting and manipulative people. They will come to your store and micromanage everything, despite not knowing anything about Starbucks and/or the other restaurants in the airport. Me and my coworkers are extremely overworked. Most of us have worked 7 days in a row without any time off.

- Pay: Neither me or my coworkers are being paid correctly. When asked about it, we are immediately shut down. They are extremely secretive and selective about hours, pay, and time off.

- There is an extreme lack of communication between management. Basically nothing gets done around our store.

- The training isn’t consistent.

Desired outcome: Stop treating us employees like dogs. Stop focusing on hiring new people and maintain a positive work environment for their current/ long-term employees! The turnover rate is extremely high because of how poorly we’re all treated.

R
11:11 am EDT

HMSHost Auntie Anne’s Pretzels at Ft.Lauderdale, FL airport

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels at Ft.Lauderdale, FL airport … customer line was extremely long with 1 employee taking orders, and 2 other employees ‘looking’ busy. The lemonade dispenser did not have enough for 1 drink, and there were 2 half gallon containers sitting by the dispenser, but employees would not fill the dispenser. Customer had to leave without his lemonade. There were no pretzel dogs, a very popular food choice. My receipt did not have a barcode that I could scan to earn reward points.

7:27 am EDT

HMSHost Starbucks LAX Termjnal 2

Stood in line at 3:40 knowing that doors opened at 4am as the App says. Employees taking their time, stated you can’t come in until we turn the lights on and that was at 4:15. Customers getting upset standing in line but the Barista making orders for people that ordered on App. Very rude service/Baristas. It’s my 46th birthday today 5/20) and I have to start off my day with rudeness and sass. Shame on you Starbucks LAX terminal 2

Desired outcome: Why was I made to wait until 4:20 for my order to be taken and the shop opens at 4??? You tell me what the outcome should be!!

Read full review of HMSHost and 1 comment
1 comment
Jade Moonlight
, US
Sep 10, 2022 7:52 am EDT

Baristas have to open the store make sure stuff is stocked and ready to go before we serve customers. I'm a barista even though I'm trying to file a complaint against starbucks management myself would say that they should of served yoy first instead of doing the mobil orders 99% of the time at the starbucks airports customers dont pick up their mobil orders at the location the app tells them to pick it up. Not sure why you mentioned your birthday that doesn't mean anything to Starbucks employees to be honest.

3:20 pm EDT

HMSHost Chick-fil-a clt airport

At 6am on 5/9/22 I got in a long line at Chick-til-a at CLT airport. The reason the line was so long is because there were only two cashiers and no one to hand food to the cashiers. I stood in line 30 minutes! I had to eat too as I had a 4 he 40 min flight. This is unreasonable. You have to have more people working early or try harder to recruit employees. People have flights to catch.

Desired outcome: Have more staff in the morning or hire more staff.

R
9:10 pm EDT

HMSHost Incorrect order with rude customer service

I ordered a meal burrito from the establishment my number was called but given to another customer waiting, I then proceeded to the counter to inquire about my order giving the number I was given. The person rudely replied “WHAT IS YOUR ORDER” I replied in order to clarify if my number had been called the person proceeded to answer the question with a question “WHAT IS YOUR ORDER SIR” followed by “I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT NUMBER I CALLED” to which I was confused as to the significance of given numbers for orders.

Desired outcome: Instead of a power struggle I answered her in a polite manner eventually receiving my order as a different number than I had been given

4:24 pm EDT

HMSHost Employee at Starbucks A61 #66589

April 15,2022 @ 3:55 pm.

I’ve never encountered such a rude employee. Clearly, she was not happy to be working, perhaps overwhelmed, incompetent which is easily forgiven with a good attitude. She was just rude. I may be the only customer of hers to complain to you, but she was the topic of everyone waiting for their orders to be filled. Orders were filled promptly and correctly by the other employees. The receipt has employee 1626 on it, but she didn’t give me a receipt and when I asked for one a different employee had taken over the register, so this number may not belong to the rude employee

Desired outcome: Attitude adjustment

2:43 pm EDT

HMSHost incorrect order

i ordered a bagel with cream cheese and a venti honey mint citrus tea. the clerk, Lovelyn 4243, even asked me what size to verify and i said venti. she took my name and submitted my order. she chatted about where i worked at the airport (pleasant) and i thought all was good. i even tipped a $1.00 on my order, which came out to $9.24 after my airport discount. my bagel and cream cheese came out promptly but my drink was a grande, not venti. i verified against my receipt thinking the sizing was wrong, but no, Lovelyn had inputted the wrong size - even after asking and confirming i wanted a venti. i commented to a male clerk at the register advising that in the future, the clerk should be listening and taking the order correctly. i had to return to work so i told him i had to go, and that i even tipped. i will be very hesistant to tip in advance in the future, thats for sure.

order info - 04/13/2022 0823 am - starbucks airport HNL T1 A18 #75799

service agt - 4243 Lovelyn

Desired outcome: i would like the clerk to be informed that she should be paying better attention to what the customer is telling her and if she wasn't sure, she could confirm it by asking again. i'd like a drink credited for my next visit.

3:40 pm EDT

HMSHost The Varsity at Atlanta International Airport - food quality

I arrived at Hartsfield airport just before 7 PM on Friday, March 18. No food was served on the flight so I planned to eat in the airport before catching my next flight. I went to The Varsity as I had eaten at a Varsity restaurant before in Athens, GA and liked the food and assumed this was an offshoot of that restaurant.

I ordered the combo meal (two cheeseburgers, fries and soda) and it took quite a long time to get the meal. In addition, the cheese on the burgers was not melted, there was no tomato slice or lettuce as shown in the advertising and the food was lukewarm at best. I understand they were busy with other customers but the level of service and food quality was poor. I didn't go back to the restaurant to complain as it was too busy and was surprised that others didn't complain about the food they received. Total cost for the food was $11.94 and I don't feel that I received value for what I paid.

Desired outcome: Please refund my payment for the food as I will not be going back to that restaurant in the airport ever again.

View 0 more photos
12:29 pm EDT

HMSHost Rochelle paqua makai plantation hnl

I was flying from Honolulu to Los Angeles, I stopped for a bite at the makai plantation. while I was eating I notice what looked like a male in a white chef uniform with her name embroidered on it, walk in the restaurant proceed to the waitress and start a conversation. she then handed her something in a very sly way while the waitress proceeded to give her money. the waitress dropped what she handed her I looked down and it was a bag with a white powdery substance 3/15/22 early lunch time between 11-11:30 I’m no detective but I am a police officer for the LAPD 77th division and I am pretty sure you have an employee selling drugs inside the airport. I actually got up from my meal and approached the young man in the chef suite outside the restaurant it turns out it’s was a young lady I proceeded to tell her what I saw and she abruptly told me “MIND YOUR OWN BUISSNESS OLD MAN “ I asked her for her name and she began cussing at me and called me a “[censored] KIND” I walked back to my seat appalled at how I had just been talked to I asked a different waitress for the name of the waitress and she refused but said the young lady in the chef suit also worked for hms and her name was Rochelle pasqua. When I asked for management I was told that she is in management and there was no one I can report to. Your corporate officed are closed so I could not file a formal complaint but I have also notified TSA and HPD.

Desired outcome: The safety and protection of the general public from such verbal assaults and to keep a drug free environment.

G
12:52 pm EDT

HMSHost Never received my order

3/13/2022 - I placed an order for 4 breakfast sandwiches ($22.58) at 6:01am before our flight, at 6:39am our flight was boarding and still no sandwiches, Should not take 30+ minutes for what I ordered and customers after me received theirs. I would like my money back/Starbucks gift card for the amount owed to me for something I never received. I have the receipt as well if needed.

Desired outcome: Refund/Gift card in the amount owed

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

HMSHost contacts