Having problems with Home Depot?

Home Depot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 14, 2006. The latest review Behr Premium Waterproofing Stain & Sealer was posted on Jul 29, 2021. The latest complaint Samsung Dishwasher Appliance was resolved on Mar 12, 2021. Home Depot has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1599 reviews. Home Depot has resolved 222 complaints.

Home Depot Customer Service Contacts

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Depot Customer Service. Initial Home Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Home Depot Complaints & Reviews, Page 62

The Home Depot — like working in a prison.. as the inmate.

Location: Tampa, FL Store Number #: 0256 1. ASM turns it into a prison, this is no lie. 2. No socializing...

Home Depotcompliance refusal of corporate letter for store credit request

Per your letter from the Hoe Depot Credit Services dated July 20, 2015; I, Benjamin Carson, a valued customer of the Home Depot am writing back to you. In Lieu of a recent store visit to the Home Depot 8548 located at 10301 Martin Luther King Jr. Highway, Lanham, Maryland 20706; in which I held a business-2-business conversation with store manager Laura Aguirre, concerning one of her assistance in the paint department, informed me to purchase a paint sprayer with the wrong kind of paint. At such meeting I presented the enclosed letter to Manager Laura Aguirre and without accepting or viewing the contents of the letter; I was reedy informed I don't want to see no letter; and I am not refunding you a store credit (Manager Laura's Aguirre response).

I am appalled at such a harsh decision coming from a member of personnel holding leadership and managerial status. In addition to this level of unprofessional resolution from Manager Laura; what prompted the decision to disregard corporate recommendation? In the many past visit of shopping at the Home Depot; I have never experienced such poor customer service. I have always received customer service excellence over the phone and in-person.

It is at this time, I sadly regret I have no further need to remain a devout and valuable paying customer of the Home Depot store due to the level of poor, rude, unprofessional, and unsatisfactory customer service received on July 27, 2015. The Home Depot usually provides 100 percent excellence in customer service. However, the service I received on this visit in rectifying a simple request for a refund is unimaginable as well as unacceptable. The transaction would have been conducted within the thirty day return policy established by your company and accomplished by the proof of purchase receipt as well as a corporate letter of recommendation stating the agreement of store credit.

The opportunity and refusal of resolving a short and simply problem creates availability for legal compensation on behalf of company neglect and company policy.

I am a 67 year old service connected veteran, with cancer and chronic heart condition received help from one of you assistance and was giving the wrong information. From that you management disregarded my request and your request when I contact your company on July 20th, for a full refund.

I left the paint sprayer with your company on July 9th.

Thank you for your important time in this very important matter.

Sincerely Your

Benjamin L. Carson
Account Number: Ending in 9261
3316 Lancer Drive
Hyattsville, MD 20782

• Be
      Benjamin Carson Aug 21, 2015

Since my encounter with this manager I have second thoughts about this Home Depot.

Home Depotworkshop for women

My mother and I signed up for the workshop on august 8, 2015 and we walked around the store looking for the workshop and no one knew what we were talking about. We were directed to go to the paint area, then we were told there was no one to hold the workshop. My mother went to complain at the front desk and she was told that they are only human and mistakes happen. There was NO one to host the event . The event was scheduled from 10 till 1130. It was 1105 am we left the store .

Home Depot — could not return plant

We bought a few plants a month and half ago. One of the plants turned brown and dried up. We went to Home...

Hampton Bay/Home Depothampton bay junk

We purchased a hampton bay lighted solar patio umbrella model # uxm01602c i believe it was may 2014. We are currently in june of 2015 and it is broke. The plastic handle with the crank is cracked and completely separated from everything. We called home depot and was told we had to buy the replacement part or purchase a new umbrella! I don’t want a replacement piece, because i will end up having to buy one every year! This is clearly a design flaw, this piece should of never been made from cheap plastic!

Home Depotcarpet

My elderly parents had carpet installed by Home Depot less than 4 months ago. It's already showing significant signs of wear and traffic patterns even tho it was under warranty for 10+ years. After getting the runaround for more than 2 months, i.e. ignored, no one would return their phone calls, they were told their claim is being denied as the "warehouse" deemed the piece of carpet is "within range". Home Depot is not standing by the products they sell, ignoring the warranty, displayed terrible customer service and took advantage of 2 people close to 80. Shame on you!

Home Depot Canada Installation Services — installation services misrepresentation

I am purchasing a hot water tank from Home Depot Canada and wanted to get it installed. The web site say...

Aurora

Home Depotrental dept.

Today i recently just got off the phone with the actual store manager, Clay T. Rush and with no resolution, he basically said he would look in to this issue.

Management needs some training in dealing professionally with complaints, to take responsibility, and to do so in an efficient manner.

I am a pro rewards cust that is very displeased with the white settlement store in fort worth and have been for some time now because of their unprofessional practices, first of all i need to be very detail and acknowledge that Janet, J.J. are awesomeness. My issues are with the rental dept and on of the store manager Jesse and the rental dept employee Tony which both are very unprofessional, and being a pro reawads customer feel very uncomfortable when dealing with these two guys, this location location for the store is very convenient for my company and if there where another hardware store close by, i would have already taken my business there because of these two guys now snd in the past. Today's issues had to do with several things, first a of all i had rented a floor sander on this pass Saturday at around 11am and by the time i loaded the rental and materials with no assistance it had to be after 12 noon. Got to the job site which was a good 45 minutes away and got ready to start on the job around 4 when i notice the store gave me the wrong disc for this particular buffer so i had to drive all the way back to this store for the correct one and they said that they would just restart the clock which by that time had to be after 5, i should have just returned the unit and got it elsewhere but didn't think about doing, so about that time it was just too late to go all the way back out to the job. I did out start in on Sunday morning and needed the unit for more time since Saturday was a total lost. I took it back on Monday night without finishing using the machine on the job because i noticed than that they didnt reset the time due to charges that where asset on my bank account, so when i did take it back the tony had quoted that i had tne unit for two days and 10 hours, he stated something like "well if you started the job so late that it wasn't their problem" in a very rude manner, in all reality it was the stores fault in the first place because the store gave me the wrong part to begin with. I ask to speak to the management which was Jesse at the time and he was of no help as well and basically said well you could just simply keep it till tomorrow till 4pm because i was getting charged for it. And acknowledging to myself that i indeed really needed to continue ising the machine because i had already lost so much time due to all this inconvenience, i simply decided to keep it so i when and got more pads and sand paper for it and came back to the rental counter, and was told by this time by Jesse the manager that he couldn't allow me to keep it because they had already closed the contract out. So basically i had to pay over $150 for a rental that i basically couldn't get much use out of, As well as charging me sales taxes once again as they have in the pass even thought im tax exempt as stated in the original contract with this unit. All in all im very disappointed with these guys handling of this whole situation which is now a huge inconvenience to myself and now my customer which is totally aware and completely understandable about my situation with your company, and she now is displeased with your stores handling of this issue.

Very disappointed pro rewards customer,
          Francisco Delgado
          Solo Vengo Inc.

Home Depot — harassment racial profiling

Wood was cut, but one piece was the right measurment.I complained, Was told by tammy the wood was on her...

Home Depotrental dept and certain management are very unprofessional

Totally disgusted!
            management needs some training in dealing professionally with complaints, to take responsibility, and to do so in an efficient manner...

Very disappointed pro rewards customer,
            Francisco Delgado
            Solo Vengo Inc.
            300 pepperwood trl
            Fort Worth Tx
            [protected]

Home Depotdidn't honor advertised price

Price was listed incorrectly at 78 cent per square ft. When we asked to purchase 1600 square ft of tiles they said that the price was incorrectly listed and its $2 per square ft. They blamed it on the supplier that they have no responsibilities for the price listed. They will not honor the mistake and will give us $200 off which is not even 10% off the original price, we can get better price with our military discount. I was there for a whole hour speaking to incompetent work named Chris and Roberto. Store Manager is Frank at Lemon Grove Store. Called homedepot.com to talk to the district manager and they could not do anything to honor what they have advertise.

didn't honor advertised price

The Home Depotfired

So after working 6 m for them and doing sales and getting recoverys., they don't care about you. So I found a store credit card. Not a credit card. And got it mixed in with my cards and because I used it and that's not all also because I have bought stuff and returned it and had gotten store credit. And they fired me for a 4 dollar credit that I found. But yet I have saved them and made them money. So if you think your safe even with your own credit think again.

• Fp
                    Fphillip Dec 11, 2011

First, learn to spell. Second, try to create a more persuading complaint; you obviously made yourself look like an idiot.

• He
                    Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 22, 2011

lowes is a better store.home depot sucks.

• To
                    tom kozenko Aug 22, 2011

A parking lot full of beer drinking illegals.A inccompatant sales staff, Tat will help spanish speaking customers first, I do not feel safe in this home depot.

• Pa
                    Paul Aug 05, 2009

I attempted to write a check for $246 and check was denied, there was over $20, 000 in the account. Certegy, the check clearing company Home Depot uses said my checking history showed a "suspicious pattern". I've only written a few checks on this account and there is no suspicious pattern. This is a shame when loyal customers are treated like lowlifes!

• Si
                    Simon Jug Dec 09, 2008

I had a second Husky ratchet go bad on me after paying out of pocket once already and being denied the lifetime guarantee. I figured what the heck and I splurged on another $30 ratchet thinking what would be the odds of another one going bad. I don't misuse or abuse it in any way. Well, now it happened and Home Depot is claiming the same thing that if over 90 days I need to go to Husky directly. So I go to Husky website and they say to return any of their products just go straight into Home Depot. I honestly don't have a lot of energy to spend fighting this but it is a little tiring how these corporations always have a way of sticking it to the little guy.

At least now I feel a little better after venting this to anyone who might be reading this and possibly had similar experience. It sure would be nice if people/ entities could sell honest product and honest business. This really is wrong and I wish that someone who liked to battle these types of fraudulent claims would somehow get them to change their policies to match their claims. I am sure it is happening all across America because that is how I got turned onto this website. Good day to all.

The Home Depot - Store #: 6986 - Buckhead Atlanta, Georgia — employee discrimination -

Please find as a garden sales associate - indoor, and outdoor sales; as a mature worker; have encountered...

NonstopDelivery / Home Depotdidn't deliver

I wish I had come here before ordering my patio furniture from Home Depot online! I have ordered several appliances from them online and never had an issue, so we ordered our patio furniture in two different parts. Chairs were delivered UPS and showed up no problem, the dining set was supposedly delivered by Non Stop Delivery the same day but NOTHING was at my house. They said they left it on the porch, we don't have a porch! I was home within 15 minutes of the delivery time so there is no way someone could have stolen a very large box from my driveway without me seeing them if they actually delivered to my house when they said they did. I called Home Depot the same day, they called NSD, who said they would reach out to the driver and call me back. Didn't hear a word. So I called Home Depot again the next day, nothing had been done by NSD, they just said it was left where their notes said. I was told by Home Depot that the resolutions dept. would have to look into it but they were closed for the day. Three days later I call Home Depot again and they try to reach out to NSD AGAIN and don't get any answer at all, this time I'm told they have to open an investigation that takes 10-14 business days before they can even credit me back for the $400 patio set that I haven't received! It would have been awesome if they had started that on Thursday when I originally called! Best part is the cushion covers haven't been delivered yet, but once I get those they are also nonreturnable! Why would Home Depot continue to use this company if they are this bad?! And if they use this company they need to update their policies unless they like ripping people off and alienating loyal customers.

Home Depot - Statewide Remodeling — product service rip off

In April of 2014 my wife, who has been an invalid since falling in July 2012, was diagnosed with skin cancer...

Home Depot Canada — customer service

I have been dealing with home depot for meny years. I am a carpenter. I spend in the 10s of thounds of other...

Greenfield Park

Home Depotpracticing bigotry

As a customer I have lived in Lakewood California all my life. I have shopped at home Depot for many years. Today I went to shop at home Depot and realized every white person and African American that use to work there do not work there anymore. Everyone has been replaced with Latinos that barley speaks English. Is this not America anymore? Do we only hire one race of people? Half of my family is Latinos but I would never want anyone race of people to take priority on who gets a job. I will never shop at home depot again and I will make it a priority to talk about this to all my neighbors in Lakewood. Lakewood is still a small town and words travel fast. Shame on you Home Depot, Lowes will take over your business in Lakewood.

• 1skippy Feb 25, 2015

I thought I had something to add but bigotry, bias and federal conspiracy are out of my league.

• Am
                        amberforREAL Dec 19, 2014

Welcome to AMERICA

• Sk
                        [email protected]#j Dec 19, 2014

I was hired to work there. They are indeed discriminatory against Latinos (then) and blacks and age. There was one black person working their and all others were white. They gave an employee orientation stating how bad Lowes and Wal Mart are to shop and that their prime shoppers are mexicans and black being the ones who shop at their competitors. I could not believe what I was hearing. Then the kept me and I worked harder than anyone else there at my age worked circles around the young ones. They let me go because of the reason "you are not happy"? Then they had security escort me out their door? For not being happy? Then corporate office told me weeks later that I was let go due to workload being low and that any Home Depot would hire me????? They hire these people to meet their quota and then find a reason to fire them. They tried to set me up before I left there but I was smarter than them and not "thief" mentality. These are federal government contractors but I do not see how. I have worked for 5 different federal agencies and these are like no other federal contractors I have known. This is a based place to work and they should have been in trouble already. The managers are the only ones who make any money and they also do their own hours and drink in the parking lot. There was an employee who was smoking "weed" in the womens bathroom and I reported her but when I did nothing was done. They made sure they gave me the locker at the very bottom of all the lockers (I am in my mid 60's) and it was a little hard to crawl to my locker every day but I did not complain.but I did not complain. The problem with your locker being at the bottom is when drill bits or small things that are in apron pockets fall they will fall to the bottom of the locker and always into my locker so they could try to have gotten me for having store stuff in my locker. When I left there the security women stood in front of me and made me empty my pockets in front of her when I was let go for being not happy but treated like a criminal. That was why they put mine at the bottom and I wonder how many people have been fired for that simple reason! These are bad bad folks to work for. Racism and discrimination runs rampant at all the Home Depot's but they meet their quota of what race to hire and then fire you. This is how they get by with it all.

Home Depot/Spiritdelivery

I've purchased a fridge two weeks ago from store #989-Cherry Hill and requested to be delivered today December 11, 2014. Today the delivery truck came on time @9.30 and the fridge was taken apart, doors and trays have been removed, screws were left in the trays etc. I have requested the delivery team to bring the fridge through the back door as we have measured that the fridge would fit through that door. Unfortunately we were missing an inch for the fridge to fit through the door. I asked the delivery team to wait until I have someone coming and take the door out. I was told they could not wait but that they would come back to finish the job. Then the delivery team called their office and scheduled me for Saturday for someone else to come back and get the fridge in the house and assemble it and hook it to the water etc. They took the old fridge out and left.
                      The guy that I called to help me with the back door and take it out, arrived right when it started to snow.
                      So now it started to snow and the fridge was in my backyard.
                      I called the delivery company and asked to send someone else or have the initial team make a quick stop back to my house. I was placed on hold multiple times, had to call back, asked for the supervisor and did not get any help. Any help at all l!!! I was told multiple times that they would not change the schedule of the delivery team, they would not send someone else because overtime is not approved by the company, they can do nothing for me.
                      At 1pm I called the store GM hoping he can help. He was not available to speak with me. The weather was bad, my fridge was sitting outside, my back door had been taken out and I paid for a service that I did not receive (delivery and installation)
                      At 2PM I get a call back from the store manager who says he would send two of his associates to help me get the fridge in the house and they would also be able to assemble the fridge, but not hook it to the water line.
                      They came around 3.30 after my husband had to take a half day off, get some help and get the fridge in the house, They did not bring tools to assemble the fridge. My husband was not pleased with the job they've done.
                      SO, what did the delivery team and the company HD/Spirit do for me? NOTHING, except they left me a fridge, that I paid for it, in my backyard.
                      Where's the installation service that I paid for it? Who is to pay for my husband time, for the work he had done and for my time that I spent on the phone trying to get someone to help us? Spirit did not make an exception and send me a team to finish the job today and on top of that the delivery team had finished their schedule an hour earlier.
                      Now, more than ever, I am convinced that if I would to purchase from Home Depot again I would have the same delivery service. Who wants that? I am sure I don't want this kind of service.
                      Sorry HD but you lost a customer because no one bothered to change the schedule of the delivery team, or send another team back to my house to finish the job that I paid for it !!!
                      No one cared that I did not have a fridge-the old one was gone-the new one was not assembled, not working and outside in the snow-that my backdoor was out and cold wind and snow were coming in the house, that I spent hours on the phone, asking and begging for someone to come back and understand that this was an exception and not something "just because", that my husband had to get help and carry the fridge in the kitchen and now he has a back pain, that we had to witness a job pour done by HD's associates and still wait for someone to come and hook the fridge to the water line.

More savings-for Home Depot by not delivering the service I’ve paid for and more doing apparently for me, doing the work the delivery team was suppose to do. Shame on you HD/Spirit?

Home DepotChristmas tree

I went to the home depot with my family and bought a Christmas Tree at the Carmel Mountain Home depot. First the service was terrible and the tree when I brought home started to have dead needles fall out and it had brown patches all over the tree it was horrendous. I went there last year and the tree was amazing and I had tons of compliments. I now have a Charlie Brown Tree and honestly a Charlie Brown tree would be better. Very Disappointed

Home Depotnot posting negative reviews of product

Consumer beware: home depot reviews, product related: we bought a honeywell humidifier earlier this year from home depot. The unit worked for 3 months no problem. Then came summer, so the unit got unplugged. Then came winter and we plugged the unit back in. The unit did not work. We called honeywell's customer service, and after some troubleshooting with the machine, they deemed that it should be covered by warranty. The problem is that they demanded that we send the unit to them in ontario at our cost which is around $54.00. Why should we pay for shipping to repair a faulty product of honeywell's? Anyway, I tried to post this information on home depot's web site, and the review got rejected. So - a warning to consumers: when you see reviews on home depots website, those reviews may not include critical and unbiased information that you may want in order to make a decision!!

• El
                              elizabeth09 Aug 27, 2018

Home Depot review. I would advise anybody not to schedule an installation thru Home Depot. I placed an order of 06/05/2018 for a side door to my garage to be replace including installation and permit. They told usually it could take about 2 months due to the permit. Well the permit was obtained the first week in July, I call the Installation place and they told me the door had not arrived. I went to store 0206 and was told there was a delay since it was a custom door and the material to make the door had run out. On August 23, 2018 the Installation co J and J carpentry called me to set up the installation and the first appt available would not be until October 1, 2018. It seems Home Depot takes orders but does not follow up on anything. It takes over one month to have an installation done after they have inconvenience the customer.
                              My advice to consumers have your installations done elsewhere or buy the door from a place that does everything themselves.