Having problems with Home Depot?

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

Complaints & Reviews

Home Depotunethical procedures

The Home Depot in Danvers, MA east has gotten really bad towards their employees since manager DeVito took over. He has continually set up people that make the highest pay to be fired for anything to save comapny money. These unethical procedures need to stop as this BIG Box is screwing with real people that wanted to do well there. Hope this manager finally gets his due during 2009 shakeup.

• Dj
      djdan Dec 22, 2010

I had a bad experiance at the Monticello, mn store. I am a 60+ single dad making ends meet. I had a basement remodel and bought a shower enclosure, before I opened the box I realized it was a little too big, I went back immediately to exchange for a smaller one, no problem so far. Then they wanted to credit the difference to my bank card, knowing that credits take a week or more (debit are instant for some reason) and of limited means, I needed the credit for additional things...I asked for a store credit card (HUGE MISTAKE) that nobody explained...Now, the project is done and I have a $100 balance on the card which is my money from the original return...I went to the store and asked for credit to my card or cash since it is xmas and I can use it for other things...I was told they cannot credit or return cash, I have to spend the balance on goods from the store...
      This is my money that they have had for many weeks (drawn from my card) and they will not return it. They are bullies and Houligans...I am just an old duffer but, as I was brought up, that is stealing plan and simple. However this mess turns out, I will never walk in a Home Depot again...EVER. I can drive 10 miles to Menards or 1 mile to Home Depot...Menards wins...

Home Depotno customer service

I bought 1200.00 worth of product from home depot In Showlow Arizona. The customer then called to have the product returned after a falling out over cost. I called home depot before the pick up was made and explained what was going on.
    I was assured that home depot would credit the card that the materials were purchased on (mine) instead they gave my former customer a 900.00 gift card for my materials. I have been on the phone for 3 weeks now trying to resolve this issue. I must say the concept of calling back when they say they will has escaped all but one home depot employee to this point.
    I have been given nothing but run around and promises of this being handled with no results thus far. When I ask to speak to supervisors i am given runaround and not given names and numbers of the people I am trying to reach. What kind Of policy is this? Stonewall people till they get tired and go away? Its a good thing lowes has opened accross the street from home depot i will do business there from now on.

• Re
        Rebecca Sho Sep 24, 2009

Purchased a gazebo at Home Depot for $400. Followed assembly instructions exactly, and placed it on our deck. Enjoyed it for three weeks until one day when it rained, the top filled with water (which it hadn't done in 3 previous rains) and the entire thing crashed down, breaking the metal framework. Oddly enough, it had a 2nd 'roof' section on it to avoid water collection, and the canvas fabric was pulled very tightly on the framework, as per instructions, so this should not have happened. Luckily nobody was sitting under it when it collapsed, and I'm surprised the sharp framing ends didn't crash through the French doors. Since it was shielded on 2 sides by the house (on our deck) I cannot believe it was a result of high winds or anything of that nature.

Called store. Manager on vacation, assistant manager refused to look at it or discuss it. 'Act of God' he said, though he admitted his similar gazebo was still standing. Apparently no Acts of God in his neighborhood.

Took it to the store in the car. Assistant manager refused to look at it after ignoring us for 20 minutes while he paced at the front of the store. Said we were 'threatening' him (crazy, my husband is a 140 lb ethics professor, not a very scary guy). Said nobody would help us and not to bother the regional manager.

Wrote to the Customer Service Dept and even Investor Relations hoping SOMEONE would respond, but received only the usual cursory templated 'thanks for emailing us' responses.

Shame on them. $400 out for us, and we'll never buy from Home Depot again! They should stand behind their products.

• Ce
        celo3210 Mar 15, 2010

Home depot has a "customers first" rule. Follow through with your complaint. There's a 30 day return policy that you should use to its full empowerment. I am sorry you had to deal with this. All Home Depot associates are not like that and niether are all the stores. Please continue to shop at Home Depot...

Sincerely,
        Homer Associate

• Qu
        Quarryville Dec 21, 2010

I think that Home Depot just thinks that if they stonewall you enough that you will just go away. Customers just want something to be made right. I had exactly the same experience with Home Depot customer service and would not order anything from them again. I literally spent hours on the phone and on their online chatline trying to get a delivery problem resolved. At one point I was assured by a store manager that they would "make it right", then about three hours later I got a voicemail from corporate that there was nothing they could do. I totally feel your pain!!!

Home Depot — waiting half and hour for help

To whom it may concern, I was in one of your stores on northern blvd, and I wanted to purchase 5 blinds for...

Sunnyside

Home Depotavoid them

I ordered a 82 1/4 inch custom-order door from Home Depot . Supplier -Emco. The door that was delivered measured 81 inches yielding a 1 inch gap at the bottom of the door, rendering the door virtually useless. Response from Assistant Manager: "Thats the way all these doors are delivered from the manufacturer - anywhere from 1 -1 3/4 inch smaller than the Rough Opening size". After a frustrating debate with this individual he said there are no returns or refunds on custom orders due to company policy- sorry about the gap at the bottom of the door - perhaps you should shim out the door frame at the top by 1 inch then it should fit. I say this is totally unacceptable. What is the purpose of a customer order? A 1/4 inch gap at bottom of the door could be acceptable and compensated by adjusting by the door sweep. If had wanted an 81 inch door, I would have ordered one. Home Depot's arrogance really miffed me. This situation is just not right and their respon se is not acceptable. "You can do it - and we can help?" Right! Next step, escalation to Store Manager and then to District Manager, President of Home Depot Canada, then small claims court. My patience with this company has now run out. There are other building suppliers out there and they will get my business in the future.

Home Depotonline order

I order utility mats online and they shipped me the wrong ones. They didn't include a UPS return label so I can to call their customer service numerous times to get one. They made mistake after mistake. I spent 20 minutes on hold almost everytime I called them. I finally got them to help return them (they didn't allow me to return to the store) and then they charged me the UPS shipping to return them. It was their mistake! It has been a horrible experience. I will NEVER order from them again!

• HomeDepot_Care Jan 08, 2010

My name is Michael from Home Depot Customer Care, I am sorry about your experience with our Online Department. I would like to look further into this for you, please send a detailed email to: [protected]@homedepot.com

Michael
            The Home Depot
            Atlanta, GA 30339

Home Depotwaste of time

Placed an order online, only to have it canceled by Home Depot .com a week later, no explanation, just an apology. Placed another order later, that item after a week of waiting became an "unexpected" backorder. Had to cancel 3 weeks later as status never changed. Placed another order recently, only to have it canceled by Home Depot.com after a week, again with no explanation. Will not be placing any more order online with Home Depot.com. Waste of time.

The Home Depot — store manager

employee... store 4645 the worst store manager ever, no ethics, creates job opening for people he like...

Home Depotshame on them

I called ahead to check on availability of 2 pieces of Styrofoam panels. I asked if I could get some assistance tying the panels to my SUV roof. No problem is what I'm told. I drive 32 miles one way to get them, ask for help, a nice associate didn't feel he was talented enough so I asked if he could get someone else. A front-end manager comes out and says they are not allowed to assist for liability reasons. I ask for the store manager (DAVE) who tells me the same. I again explain the phone call and the fact that I have lived in 3 different states and never have I had this experience at a Home Depot . He said he would help throwing the rope under the roof but not tie it as I was "a grown man."

Here is my sentiment: Advertise you DON'T help, put signs all over the place, and inform ALL of your associates.

I'd be more inclined to shop elsewhere in the first place then. I won't be shopping at Home Depot ever again. The above incident occurred today April 4, 2008.

By the way, I have pictures of the "load" sign you have in front of the store. NO mention we don't tie.

If you reply back to me stating company policy, don't waste your time. I'm looking for some understanding of THIS particular incident and I don't need more repetition of what two of your employees already told me.

Shame on Home Depot.

The Home Depotreturn/refund

In regards to a Home Depot order that was placed on Cyber Monday (November 30, 2009). I placed an order for a Darby Electric Fireplace. The fireplace arrived on December 4th 2009. After inspection of the fireplace damaged was noticed on the bottom left corner and the top left corner. On December 5, 2009 I contacted Customer Care to ask about returning the item. The representative gave me a RMA number and told me to drop the package off at a FedEx Location for pick up. During the conversation with the representative I asked how the return process worked. I was informed as soon as the item was returned to Home Depot that they would process my return and issue my refund with in 5 to 7 days. Well today is December 15, 2009 and still haven’t been issued a return. I have called home depot everyday to check the status of the return and have been given the run around numerous times. On December 9, 2009 I was told that the fireplace had been received and that my return would be processed. I have looked at Home Depot’s return policy and it clearly states that returns are issued in 5 to 7 days.

• HomeDepot_Care Dec 15, 2009

Hi this is Michael from Home Depot Customer Care. I’m sorry about that; I will be glad to assist you. Please send an email with more details to [protected]@homedepot.com

Michael
                  The Home Depot
                  Atlanta, GA 30339

• El
                  ElaineO Dec 20, 2009

I have a similar BAD experience with Home Depot not issuing refunds in a timely manner. I believe I'm the victim of a bait-and-switch scam that lured me into ordering items that were out of stock so they could get my money immediately, and then drag out the refund process as long as possible.

I placed an online order for a washer/dryer combo on November 27, 2009. It was a special Black Friday sale. I was given a delivery date of December 12, and my credit card was immediately charged. On the night of December 10, a man called me to say that the delivery was not going to happen due to "high demand." In other words, they oversold the items -- but Home Depot took my money and gave me a fantasy delivery date anyway. He said they "hoped" to deliver my order by mid-January, but he could not guarantee it.

I immediately cancelled my order. It is now 10 days later, and my credit card has NOT gotten a refund. I called Home Depot customer service 3 or 4 times and got a different story each time. I even talked to a "manager" last week. There must be hundreds, even thousands, of others in my situation. Now I'll have to dispute the charge through my bank and start writing complaint letters. I wonder how much money Home Depot is making from this scam?

Home Depothorrible to work with

I am remodeling my kitchen and just went (1/5/08) to home depot to shop for the works - cabinets, counters, appliances. The customer service was terrible! When I asked to look at appliances I was told to look at cabinets first, however, the woman in that department just shuffled around and handed me brochures. She acted annoyed - as if I was keeping her from her work. I suggested that if she had something I was interupting that maybe we could talk later, but she replied that she wasn't busy. The questions I did ask were answered with one or two words at most.

Finally I went back to appliances and was "helped" with a man who also treated me as if I were keeping him from something he needed to do. Again I offered that he take care of it and get back to me, again I was told that he wasn't busy, again he acted annoyed the entire time! When I left I sat in my car and called their local customer service. After talking to one person, I did get in touch with someone who listened, but I hung up knowing that he would do nothing. They are horrible to work with!!!

I can't help think that they are more attentive to couples or men. They were intently helping all of the couples that I saw in the kitchen areas.

Home Depot / Usig Flooring — usig flooring

Homedepot uses a flooring contractor named usig who inturns uses subcontractors usig has no morals when it...

Home Depot — will never buy anything from them again

We purchased Goodyear tires from Wal-Mart in Conway, S.C. The belts separated in two of the tires with le...

Home Depotnon consumer friendly company

On 10/10/07 I purchased a GE Refrigerator at Home Depot . The first attempt to deliver the refrigerator upon inspection discovered the refrigerator was dented at the bottom. The driver says he's authorized to allow me up to $30 for the damage. I told him I did not pay for a dented refrigerator and that I was refusing the delivery.

2nd attempt of delivery refirgerator installed old refrigerator hauled away. By that evening I discovered that each time I opened the refrigerator the whole unit would come forward. Moving forward very easily to the point that my 9 year old grandson could pull the entire refrigerator forward just by opening it. I immediately called the delivery person to see if he could make the adjustment since it was obviously not operating right. He returned the next day checked on the leveling and everything was fine as far as he could see other than that the whole refrigerator would move forward. Then he proceeded with well, you know you could get some door stoppers, or those casters and put it in front to stop it from moving. I was like what? No, that's not acceptable.

I call and speak to a manager at Home Depot. Of which each time I asked to speak to a General Manager and every time I called or entered the store the General Manager either wasn't there, off or not in till the next day. I finally agreed to meet with a Assistant Store Manager who we agreed I would upgrade the refrigerator they would "give" me an allowance of up to $100 for the inconvenience.

They refunded the original cost of the first refrigerator (which took five days to post back to my debit purchase which is as good as cash) then I had to turn around and repurchase the second refrigerator at an additional cost to me of $75.00. I want to add that we had contacted GE who pointed the finger to the driver and Home Depot saying it was their issue. Their recomendations were: 1) anchor the refrigerator to the wall; 2) anchor the refrigertor to the tile floor; 3) put carpet under my refrigerator; 4) put stoppers in front of the refrigerator. I don't know how many of you out there have ever anchored your refirgerator to the wall or floor but if you have I'm sure it wasn't an easy task.

Come delivery of the "new" better refrigerator yesterday the 31st, and guess what. The driver said the "new" refrigerator has the exact same wheels as the one already in the house. So upon contacting Home Depot again to find out what should I do they instructed to refuse the refrigerator oh yeah, and by the way they were already sending someone out to pick up the one in the house the first purchase. Through all this headache I decided to forget it and not deal with Home Depot at all. Returned to the store to get a refund to which they want to charge a re-stock fee, of something that was defective to begin with. I argued about that got my full refund after having to argue with their "customer service" people. Once again this purchase made on a debit card is now being credited back to my account as though I made a credit card purchase which I did not.

Needless to say I realize this is a long comment but needed to be posted somewhere, I will never set foot in a Home Depot. I may only be one customer but I have a lot of family and I will make sure everyone I know knows of this experience and I may even go to the media on it. They had no regard I might add to the food that was in my refrigerator and even told so much as "they would loan" me a refrigerator if I were making a purchase with them on a new one. I said no, bring back my old refrigerator and when the money is posted back to my account then you can have the refrigerator in my home.

HOME DEPOT IS A VERY NON-CONSUMER FRIENDLY COMPANY WITH MANAGEMENT THAT NEEDS A LOT OF INTENSE TRAINING IN PEOPLE SKILLS OR INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION.

• Jl
                      jlh281 Apr 07, 2010

Sounds like you did not have a defective unit... sounds like you had one with wheels on it.. as most of them do so you can move them around easier.

Home Depot — false advertising

"Satisfaction guaranteed" is written in huge letters on wal-mart. NOT! We bought a Kodak digital camera in...

Home Depotno expiration date on estimate

went to home depot today and showed them an estimate from another home depot, turns out home depot's story is that their estimates are "only good for two day" and "everyone knows that" and "it is their policy" . I pointed out that no where on their printed, (written), estimate is any language which would indicate an expiration date or, the Home depot rep told me it dod not matter because it was their policy... seems odd, especially in California... so I will spend my money else where!!!

Ge Adora Washerpiece of crap

The washing machine gets stuck and turns off mid - cycle (usually at cycle 19) and just shuts off...meanwhile the clock is ticking and if you don't catch this and babysit your washing throughout the rest of the cycle by turning it back on every time it shuts off, you will open your washer to sopping wet clothes and a washer full of stagnant water (stinky clothes a given). Sometimes, there is no way to make it work even after sitting there babysitting it. Sometimes i have to wring clothes in the tub (which is very hard work - not easy as clothes are VERY heavy). And when I do...it is dirty water being wrung out. It is very gross. I have even had to take the clothes out and just pile all the laundry in baskets and head to the laundromat. Other times I will have to put it on the rinse/spin cycle (which really scares me to add MORE water to the big mess in the washer already) - sometimes that works and the clothes to spin enough to get the water out enough to be able to dry the clothes. I have to continually watch the hose in the back and make sure the water is draining. I can NEVER NEVER NEVER clothes the door to the washer when not in use...if I do...forget it...stinky laundry for weeks (not even the tablets in hot water or bleach can get rid of it) - This is also a dangerous practice to always leave the washer open. Very dangerous. Bottom line...this washer has caused me NOTHING but trouble! It is a huge headache and not efficient at all. Not efficient on MY time...i don't have time to babysit a washer. I am NEVER caught up on my laundry. This machine doesn't allow it. It is best to wait a couple of days between washings so that all the water drains and then MAYBE your washer wont be so finicky THIS time. I HATE - I LOATHE the GE Adora machine. I even try to be nice to it and it has the worst manners possible. It never reciprocates! Jerk.

Joe May 11, 2008

I bought a GE Adora washer in April 2006. Now in May of 2008 it is broken. The water wont drain, even after cleaning the filter. Also the tub wont spin. I have a repair guy looking at it tomorrow. I have never had a brand new washer before this one, and I have never had one break until this one.

• La
                          laken Sep 30, 2009

i am having the same problem!

• Na
                          Nancy Noadora Dec 15, 2009

I have the same problem with mine! I am trying to figure out what I can do to fix this problem. Any ideas other than kicking it to the curb?

• Vs
                          VS0026 Jul 06, 2011

I have the same issues and my clothes smell really bad (Like mold!) I have followed all the troubleshooting advice from GE and other owners of this piece of crap and NOTHING works! Now the matching dryer wants to spin only when it wants to, and for as long as it wants to. I am a recently divorced single mom, and I can't afford a new system. I also work and go to college full time and I do not have time to take my laundry to a laundry mat or friend's/family's house to do laundry. I guess after reading everything I have read on these pieces of crap. I am just going to have to go to a used appliance repair shop and buy a used old fashioned top loader. This sucks!

Home Depottired of returning items all the time because they're broken, missing pieces or packaged incorrectly

Tired of bringing things back all the time because they break easily, inferior products, missing parts, clothes shrink 2 sizes (and they're washed properly), loose elastic waitsbands on tights, knobs breaking off dehumidifiers, screws not threaded on grills (only to find out after it's ALL PUT TOGETHER AND ON VACATION), Bristles falling out of their best brushes when painting, caulking not adhering properly, Bolts missing from chairs bought there, etc., etc., etc.?

I know I sound like a whine bag, but seriously, I'm not. I am tired of having to bring things back over and over again. I live 17 miles from a Walmart and unfortunately they're the only game in town since they've driven all our Mom & Pop businesses out of Business.

I have started demanding 10-20% back when I return things, depending on the price of the item and the severity of the issue. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.

The point is that if we all start taking a stand - demanding that they provide better products (like made in America which is what the premise was when it all started) and taking responsibility for the crap they sell.

If it happened once in a while, I would say no big deal, but over and over I have to return items all the time to Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot.

My statement comes down to this "TAKE A STAND"AND START DEMANDING THEY RESPECT THEIR PATRONS BY PAYING US FOR THE HASSLES WE GO THROUGH EVERY TIME WE HAVE TO TRAVEL TO BRING SOMETHING BACK. If we all stick together and make them realize that we've had enough of their inferior products just to make huge profits, then we may get somewhere

• Jk
                            Jkoe1978 Feb 12, 2010

You're ridiculous. I wouldn't even think twice about a screw not being threaded. Or a paint brush that had a bristle fall out of their best brush. Get a new screw. Pick up the bristle, and throw it away. You sound like a whiner even though you claim to not be one.

Home Depot Store Employee Complaint — employees

I was shoping with my customer to pick out tile for a job. While we were walking into the store we overheard...

Firing Of An Employee Of Home Depotfiring of an employee who wore an all american pin, etc

Shame on Home Depot for firing the young man who was supporting his family member
                          by wearing an All American lapel pin addressing One Nation under God or military. It is a sad time
                          in America when American companies --as Home Depot regardless of who owns it..cannot
                          stand in support of what this country is all about...our freedom...our rights.. SHAME SHAME
                          I no longer support any Home Depot in purchases.

• Bw
                              bwilsonmssw Nov 04, 2009

Thanks for letting me know. As a Marine, I won't ever use them again either.

Good Bye to Home Depot.

MARK PEDERSEN Nov 14, 2009

TO THE CEO OF HD IF A AMERICAN FLAG AND THE PLEAGE ONE NATION UNDER GOD DOES NOT MEET YOUR DRESSCODE. THEN MY DOLLAR WON'T MEET YOUR DRESSCODE AND MY DOLLAR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (IN GOD WE TRUST) HOME DEPOT YOUR FIRED.

Home Depotgod

It has come to our attention that a young man was fired due to the fact that he wore a pin with God on it. This country was founded "under God" and before that the Native Americans believed in the "Great Spirit" which also is God. We have a Home Depot card but we plan to cut it up and we also intend to encourage others to do the same. we have freedom of Religion and feedom of speech so far.

you may not realize it right away but there are going to be a lot of people who will shop elsewhere due to your inability to see that all of the mess we are in is due to people forgetting and now refusing to let God in whatever religion, be part of our lives openly.

"In God We Trust" "God alone is real" quotes from famous men.

May God and His angels awaken your heart and soul.

George and Rosemary Richards

• Ro
                                rogerramjet Apr 25, 2010

I actually hope you do boycott Home Depot there so will be fewer religious fanatics I have to be around. Just stay home.

• 70
                                7001 Apr 25, 2010

your wasting your time over a button. Sounds like this religious employee was pushing the envelope. you and I don't really know what happened. He could have been pushing his views to employees and customers which is not acceptable. Go do something that matters and start another crusade and try to wipe out some muslim extremeists

• 58
                                583586 Nov 09, 2010

@tired of stupid lmfao!! hahahaha

to OP, you may not realize it yet but more and more people are starting to realize the absence of god. the christian god anyway. so lets say home depot allowed you to wore pins, any pin that represented your religion. heres one with a cross and here is another with a pentagram. are you still going to shop there because of the pentagram. you religious people sure are whacked in the head