Hertzverbale fine online

I have received a verbale fine on line at 18:04 hrs. in Novate Milanese totalling 30 EURO which have been withdrawn from my credit card.
The problem is that I rented the car at Milan Malpensa Airport at 13:14 hrs. and passed Lucca several hundred kilometers away south at around 18:00 hrs. on my way to Montecantini-Terme in Toscana where I arrived at my hotel about 19:45 hrs.
I had some problems at Hertz Milan Malpensa Airport in obtaining the required car and papers were revised several times.
I do not know of any verbale fine on line and have in no way been in Novate Milanese at the claimed hours 18:04. As a consequence of above I want my money back.

• Si
    Silvio Luengo Dec 21, 2016

he alquilado un auto en milan en esta rentadora y me vienen cargos incorrectos en la tarjeta de credito, por lo que veo esta gente hace esto incorrectamente, ladrones, con todo lo que esto significa, sinverguenzas.

• Si
    Silvio Luengo Dec 21, 2016

hola he recibido durante varios mese un cargo incorrecto de esta compania, son un ladrones, hare acciones legales contra esta compania, 45 dolares 46 dolares etc, ladrones nunca alquilen por aca,

• Ca
    Carole Frost Sep 06, 2016

We also have a VERBALE FINE ON LINE.. what is this for? We picked a Hertz car up from Malpensa Airport and drove up to Lake Como.
    We where there a few days and then returned the car to the airport.. We are not sure whether this is a scam or for real? The fine is 42.70 euros, which Hertz say they will charge to our credit ! but what about the fine it self.. we haven't heard anything else from the Italian traffic authority!
    Any advise would be grafefully received..

The Magster Jul 26, 2016

We have used Hertz abroad before and been happy. However, in Ireland, when we had a puncture/flat, we discovered no book in the glove compartment, no spare tire. Then I called the Emergency Road Assistance number about 5 times - NO ANSWER. Then I proceeded to call the other listed numbers. All responses were answering machines saying that business was M-F 9-5. I tried reservations and finally decided to pretend I wanted to MAKE one. Voila! A human being, who then transferred me to someone who could help. What kind of car??? Oh, no tire, but under the floor behind the passenger seat is a spray can and connector to try and pump up the tire. Aside from that, we were told we were on our own - no help finding a garage or repair service in the area - out in the Irish countryside. We expect much more from an international company in a 24-7 world of communication. We had not hired the car from a local yokel small-town rental agency - come to think of it, maybe we should have. They would have known who to call!

• Ka
    Kaffy12 May 05, 2016

I am not a Hertz customer but last night received 12 automated calls from Hertz No. [protected]) between 1:00 am and 4:00 am. When I answered there was no response so I think the calls were automated. Tried to complain to Hertz; took at least 20 minutes to find a phone # accepting complaints and the rep seemed very unconcerned about the inconvenience to me. She said she would try to find out why it happened and call back. Don't expect to ever hear from her again.

• La
    Larry Klein Mar 01, 2016

Rental Agreement No: # [protected]
    Invoice Date: 01/06/2016
    Document [protected]
    CDP No: 221417
    CDP Name: Aeroplan Discount Number

I booked on Aeroplan Points, & I was told there would be NO charges on my Am/Ex Card when I gave them the # - "Incase there were Damages to the Car"!The car was returned with a full tank, and NO damage and they charged for the 'Neverlost GPS' $180 - and then refunded me $99.00 leaving a CHARGE of US$167.14 on the car they promised there would be NO CHARGES on!

• Ev
    Evan1932 Jan 14, 2016

Just received ( Jan. 14, 2016) invoice dated Dec. 2, 2015, from Hertz Italiana S.R.L, at Via Del Casale Cavallari 204, 00156 Roma, Italy advising were charging my VISA for "Verbale Fine O LIne" allegedly issue Pisa, Italy to cover cost of providing cost of providing name of driver, address and information to the relevant authority iin Italy re notification of a traffic offense. I did rent the vehicle in LaSpezia and dropped off in Orvietto, Italy. I have never received a ticket while in Italy and never received a parking ticket or moving violation. This is a scam and what is Herttz doing about it? Evan E. Inslee, La Quinta, CA

John1890 Jan 02, 2016

Just to add my experience which is on going. My bank alerted me to a £30 (€43) charge to my credit card which I traced back to Firefly car hire (part of Hertz). As many have confirmed, this relates to their flat admin charge for providing my contact details to the Italian Traffic Authority having established that I was driving the rental car during the week an offence was allegedly committed in early July 2015. I have asked them to justify this "fee" which bears no relationship to the actual cost, but I am not holding my breath and will be surprised to even receive a response (likely to be a standard letter even if I do) More concerning is that the Traffic Authority now has 360 days from the day they received my contact details (in November - 5 months after the actual alleged violation) so the eventual fine may not arrive until nearly 18 months after the alleged event. Also, like many others, any alleged offence I committed was in total innocence/ignorance of the rules (which is no legal defence, of course) and at this stage I have no information about the alleged offence other than it relates to "NO TRANSIT AREA RISERVATA" - no date, no location - I just know that we were renting the car in question during the week in question. So now we wait for the next 11 months to receive more information and no doubt a fine - the magnitude of which I can only guess at. Unlike others, I don't blame Firefly or Hertz (other than their unreasonable admin charge and the apparent sly way in which they raise the charge) I do think that they have a moral responsibility to warn customers about the risk of fines and advice about what to look out for. In my case, I suspect that I may, inadvertently have entered a restricted area which may have been signposted (in Italian) but which I may have spotted if I knew what such a sign looked like. I guess that the provision of such customer advice is low on any list of priorities within Hertz - especially as they make further profits from the admin fees associated with the Authority fines - or am I just being too cynical.
    I am left with a feeling of helplessness and I that I have been "mugged". Happy New Year all...

• Va
    Valério Pillar Dec 18, 2015

Rental Record [protected]
    The car was rented in Roma Termini on 04 July 2015. The return, on 08 July 2015, was in Florence (via Borgo Ognissanti 137R). However, the GPS system was unable to indicate a route that did not enter the ZTL (Limited Traffic Zone). I tried to call Hertz agency in Florence using the number indicated in the rental record (phone [protected]), but no one answered. After nearly an hour driving around and several attempted routes, I decided to get to the return address entering the ZTL, assuming that Hertz should be aware of the problem and would find a way to exempt a fine for such reason. On arriving at the return place, I was oriented by the employee of Hertz to register the entry of the vehicle in Garage Europa, with business in the same building and, as she said, the record would exempt the fine of the vehicle in the garage. So I have the proof of entry in the garage, and the license plate was noted by the employee of the garage. I found it very strange that Hertz offers a return address virtually within the ZTL (or nearly requiring to go through ZTL) and does not have a mechanism to inform the Florence authorities that the vehicle had to go through the ZTL to be able to be returned at the agency. Anyway, I trusted that the record in the garage would be enough. This week I received from Florence Prefecture, in my address, notification of a fine on 08 July 2015 at 16:26:00 for having illegally entered the ZTL. Obviously, my address was informed by Hertz. That is, rather than take responsibility for the problem that caused, Hertz informed my address for the Prefecture to send the fine to me. I request that this fine, in the amount of € 110.96, be paid by Hertz.

• Fr
    froggy10 Dec 03, 2015

I also cancelled my MasterCard and the bank agreed the Hertz charge was fraud and reversed the money. I have however received by registered post the big fine for 126 Euros which will jump to 200Euros if not paid in 60 days. Has anyone had the money taken from their new card?

• Re
    Reviewer17354 Nov 24, 2015

HORRIBLE complaint resolution. NO accountability with billing. ZERO training for customer service reps.

• Da
    dadorachi Nov 16, 2015

Hi!

Same problem. Hertz Italy charged me 5 x 42 euro. They lost one more customer.

• Ko
    Konrad Niedbała Oct 28, 2015

uważajcie na tą firmę...po dwóch miesiącach od wypożyczenia niespodzianka..47 euro z karty zniknie..

• Ha
    Harold 🇨🇷 Oct 28, 2015

Today (october 28) we received a charge for $50 from Hertz Rome. The thing is that we rented a car at Florence, but that was on august. So the only impression that I have is that someone is taking advantage of the tourists and the information in our credit cards. Sad, but true.

Chesterdavies Oct 26, 2015

Same here after 4 months got a charge for administration charges for "verbals fine on line" as I was heading back to the airport. I have gone to my credit card company and have dispute this claim, it is sad that Hertz Roma Airport are allowing this to happen. Date received payment taken from credit card, September 2015 we went to Italy in June 2015. I have now changed my credit card number...if this has happened to you make sure you do the same...

• Ba
    Bah Man Sep 22, 2015

Aug 2015 Milano - Italy

Back from holidat, a month later got the "verbale fine on line" from Hertz. I also notice when picking the car up I realized that they have noted to places on the car has small damage. I stated to check and found alt least 8 other points that they have MISSED. I mentioned it to the attendant and he added those damages to the list. I though what if I didn't check and returned the car a week later. That would have costed me a lot of money.

Then came "Verbale Fine in Line" !!! I could only draw one conclusion here ...Shame on You Hertz Italy and shame on you Hertz international that would rather loos customers than to fix the problem.

• Fa
    farshad mirzadeh Aug 29, 2015

I rented a car in Venice and returned it after 10 days in Rome airport. Now after two months they have charged my credit card $48 without any explanation. In the US, if you pass a toll bridge or have any fines, the rental company send an email with explanation. But, the Italian Hertz has not sent me any emails regarding this charge. Actually, I just received a copy of the contract in mail from them that had the original charge of 281 Euro which I had paid them and there was no extra charge. I had a very nice GPS that warned me about speed cameras and all traps and we did not go into the ZTL zones either. My suggestion to all of you is to go on line or call your credit card and dispute the charges. Most probably Hertz Italia will not respond and you will not have to pay.

Norman Katz Aug 06, 2015

I had the same problem in August 2015, 3 months after I returned the car I was charged $42.70 by Hertz Italy. I agree it's a scam and will call my credit card company to dispute the charge.

• Ra
    Raynaldo Jul 29, 2015

Arrive at office at14h55, 2 costumer ahead of me, the clerk ask me what I want (15h10) car return, we go see the car, everything was O.K.
    Contratto:[protected]

• Wo
    Wolfgang Germany Jul 07, 2015

Dear all:
    Like Konstantin from Tenerife I spent my vacation in Italy from April 6 to April 12, 2015. I rented a car via ADAC (German Automobile Club) and it turned out that the Car Rental Firm was Hertz Italiana S.r.l.. The fee for rental/ insurance etc. was charged by ADAC correctly with my credit card already in March. When returning the car on April 12, 2015 me was told, that I will expect a final down payment of 64, 90 Euros for gasoline. The amount was correctly deducted from my credit card account by Hertz Italiana SPA on April 15, 2015 and an invoice was sent to my home adress. The invoice has a yellow frame and is totally written in Italian. Then, more than 2 months later on June 12, 2015 the amount of 42, 70 Euros were deducted from my credit card account by Hertz Italiana SPA, this time without any invoice. Today on July 7, 2015 I receive an invoice from Hertz Italiana srl about 42, 70 Euros stating VERBALE FINE ON LINE for April 12, 2015, 11:35h. Very interesting, the car was at that time in a garage until we left for the Airport of Bologna for returning the car at 14:00h. The today`s invoice is partly written in German and says 35, 00 Euros operating fee + 7, 00 Euros VAT = 42, 70 Euros. We`ll see what ADAC will say to this Hertz Italiana typical procedure !

• Ko
    Konstantin Tenerife Jun 20, 2015

Dear all,

I spent the holidays in Italy with 06/04/2015 on 24/04/2015. I rented a car in the HERTZ company at the Bergamo airport. The head company HERTZ ITALIANA SPA IT ROMA drew from my credit card two times on 42, 70 euro administrative expenses. Allegedly the police made request and I had two violations in Florence at 13:40 the 08/04/2015 and second 08/04/2015 late at night. But I 08/04/2015 was in the north of Italy and I will be able to prove it in court.

Council everything who doesn't want to give to swindlers of HERTZ ITALIANA SPA IT ROMA the money: to collect the maximum quantity of proofs and to submit the application to the police on initiation of legal proceedings upon "Fraud" and "Collusion" of HERTZ ITALIANA SPA IT ROMA. I plan and to make, differently from HERTZ ITALIANA SPA IT ROMA not to stop these swindlers.

the0ne Feb 27, 2015

Dear all,

Same case in Italy. Rented the car in Italy in October. First time they took 43€ from my crdeit card on 25.12.2014 and second time 25.02.2015. First one, they claim, was Verbale Fine on line in Milano, which i don't even understand what does it mean. Second ticket, they claim is NO TRANSIT AREA RISERVATA in Pisa. Which again, i have no glue what i could have done wrong. Their policy is, that they are saying that authorities asked who was driving their car in that period and to give out that name, they will charge every time 43€ no matter did You do something wrong or not. They don't give a damn about it, and they also tell that in the agreement You can find that point. I also choosed Hertz because i thought with them wouldn't be such kind of problems because they are big and have nice reputation, but it turned out that if they are big they can do what ever they want. So if possible avoid renting from Hertz or You will pay much much more afterwards.

MaaP Feb 02, 2015

Dear all,

I just received the same charge: €42, 70. I found out that I received this fine due to the fact that I did not payed toll. It is now more than 3 months ago, but I remembered that I was unable to pay or to get a ticket at the toll office. Than the gate suddenly opened and I drove away.
    Fine details: MANCATO PEDAGGIO - stands for "FAILURE TO TOLL"

So in my case, it was my own fault..

• Ag
    agal Jan 14, 2015

The same happens to me . They charged me 43 euros (after 5 months!!!). Be careful with them. I reported this charge to the bank and we canceled the CC. Please, do the same!!! They overcharge their clients!!! Thanks everybody for the report. It was really hepfull.

• Er
    Ernesto Salvi Dec 26, 2014

STAY AWAY! I booked a car in Florence, I had to wait for 3 hours. When they finally delivered it I had to make them do the inspection (It was badly damaged on one side). When I returned it at the airport in Rome the gas tank was full but they charged me 193.23 euros for gas (3.39 euros a litre!) and 24.40 euros for refuelling. I did not notice the extra charge because the clever employee circled a different (lower, of course) amount on the slip. Icing on the cake, they charged me another 151 euros in November. I wrote nine emails and, finally, they replied after a month saying that the extra charge is for a damaged tire. I am currently disputing the second charge. Unfortunately, it is too late for the 218 euros I was charged for a tank of gasoline. I am furious, I will never rent from them again.

• Cl
    c.luo Dec 18, 2014

We have the same! We rented the car from Hertz From Oct 1st to7th in Milano. And I just got the bill of 43euro for the reason of "VERBALE FINE ON LINE". However, at that moment, we were still checking the car in the parking area. I stoped my credit card now. Is it possible to start a class action to HERTZ?? I read most posts here and found that people all over the world have the same problem. It seems that they know that we would not go back to Italy to figure out the truth!!

• Lu
    LucVandenabeele Nov 18, 2014

Today, I receive my status of my credit card and I also see I've been abusely charged with 42, 70€, no information!
    I admit I had a car in Sardaigna in July, I did not had any infractions and no damage. There is so no reason to receive an extra charge !
    What do you think ? Except complaining to my Visa Card, I have no contact at Hertz Italy ...

• Ur
    ursa major Nov 10, 2014

Well my charge is little different but still smells of HERTZ fraud.
    I rented car for one month in Calabria and paid the required 51.24 Euro Road tax.
    Two weeks later at home in Canada I receive an INVOICE (all in Italian) from Hertz claiming that I owe 51.24 Euros. My Amex shows that this amount had been charged to my credit card the day I handed in the car.
    So the invoice is a scam, figuring if I can't read the Italian I may just be dumb enough to pay it.
    Why do governments worldwide allow such fraud by ALL car rental companies???

• Mu
    Muriel T. Nov 03, 2014

Same here. I travelled in Italy in last July and I just received my VISA bill with 2 x 42, 70€ from HERTZ ITALINA SPA ROMA.
    I looked on Internet before reporting my complaint to VISA and found this topic :(
    It seems this is happening over and over again at least since 2010.
    I will definitively boycot HERTZ. I choose HERTZ for its reputation and now I must admit I was wrong. I cannot understand why they don't put an end to this !!!

• Fr
    Fred Pisacane Oct 17, 2014

I was on vacation in Italy in May of 2014. Hertz charged my Visa an extra 1, 582.72 Euros for no reason. I have tried to get my money back but they will not refund the total of $2, 345.64. Does anyone know where I can file an official complaint?

• Sd
    sdailey Oct 11, 2014

Same here - rented a car in July from Hertz Italy in Florence. Since returning to the US, I have been charged 6 times on my American Express, which was used to pay for the rental, and twice on my Master Card, which was used to hold the initial reservation. I've disputed them all and have called and e-mailed Hertz. The call yielded no results - Hertz can't find any charges that went on my card beyond the original ones and none that went to the Master Card. The e-mail was never responded to. Grrr...

• Mk
    MkStItCh Oct 08, 2014

I am not positive BUT why is it sounds like the post should have your name... Not HERTZ

• Bi
    birnels Oct 07, 2014

left a $300 radar detector on the windshield of a Hertz rental car. Called the next day but never got it back.
    missing item RR [protected]

charges from Avis Sep 29, 2014

We just got charged 5 times of the same amount on our card yesterday. We are Looking into it too. We went to Europe (Roma & Catania) in July/August and we are from Australia. We rang Avis/Hertz today and they said they aren't sure, could be administration fees or infringement and said they are looking into it. We contacted our bank to let them know it has happened, Bank dealing with Avis direct. Waiting on an answer. This is ridiculous. Looks like it's been happening since 2011 on this forum, surely something should be done about it & investigated!!!

• Da
    da Recoaro Terme Sep 29, 2014

We rented a vehicle from Hertz Italia which was booked and paid through Flight Centre in Australia. The vehicle was collected from Hertz in Venice on the 14 April 2014 and returned to Hertz in Rome (Via Del Casale Cavallari) on the 22 April 2014 with a nil balance on "Statement of Charges".
    On the 6 August 2014, Hertz Italia charged my Visa card with an amount of 42.70 Euro being for administrative charge for a traffic infringement. We requested an explanation from Hertz Australia via their website, only to be told that it was the administration fee for a parking fine. I then received notice from Hertz Italia, that it was for a speeding ticket a few days later however in the meantime, I filed a dispute with my bank (and Visa) as I did not believe it could possibly have been correct. The fee was refunded two days later.
    We have received a second notice on 29 September 2014 from Hertz Italia being an invoice for the administration fee and a "verbal" copy of the police report for a speeding infringement. I have contacted Flight Centre and advised them of this SCAM and await further confirmation of the legitimacy of this claim. In the meantime, cancelled credit card and replaced with a new one so no further charges can be taken from the account.

• Ti
    timetravels Sep 16, 2014

This is a completely unwarranted administration charge from Hertz! They have failed to notify me of any pending charges on my credit card prior to or after a charge of €42.70 and Hertz have not explained what this charge is for. I have canceled my credit card with AIB and written to both Hertz and ebookers regarding this SCAM. They have not replied. The only sure thing from this situation is that we will never ever again use Hertz and I would urge anyone traveling to Italy to avoid Hertz at all costs.

TheKraken Sep 14, 2014

I experienced the same thing. I received 4 charges, each 42.70 Euro, for administrative work related to alleged "VERBALE FINE ON LINE" traffic penalties a month and a half after my trip. The invoice only reference two penalty times, but each was charged twice. It was on my amex card, so I called and they reversed the charges almost before I could explain what had happened...so hooray for that.

Manzhi Sep 13, 2014

Same here. I rented a car from Hertz Ital from Milan Malpensa and when I returned home, my credit card was charged for fuel ( which I had filled up and the guy receiving the car said everything was ok), as well as two administration charge of 46 euros. So far I contacted them and showed them credit card record of my refuel before the return of the car and they were able to refund the money for the fuel. However, for the administration charges, I have so far received one infringement notice only and not sure what the other one was for. I was very scared of credit card fraud and had to cancel the credit card I have used to book the car at the time. Guess what, I was notified by my bank later on that two more attempts to charge my card came through from the same company after I have cancelled my credit card.

• Ki
    Kidd d Aug 28, 2014

The people who work there are liars...they tell you one thing and do another. Hertz could care less what their employees do to customers...I will tell you this. They lost my business of $800.00 a month. If they don't care about that, then they need to shut the business down. Just wait until 74 million baby boomers start sharing information about these "don't care" car rental places...GOING OUT OF BUSINNES SALE.

• Ry
    Ryan Hal Jun 30, 2014

Manager Kyle Mackee and his employees made quite an impression on my fiance and I on June 17th, 2014. My fiance booked a rental car online with her credit card but listed me as the primary driver. This was done through Priceline and according their policy, the primary driver must also be the individual providing a credit card for a security deposit. Unfortunately, my credit card had been stolen along with other personal property recently, but I did maintain my driver's license. I understand that is the policy and that is the agreement between Hertz and Priceline. What was more surprising what the lack of assistance by the staff and Mackee. Mackee was dismissive and said, "nothing I can do." Mackee did not offer us another rental or any other option. The staff member responded with, "NEXT IN LINE" as we were requesting advice on what to do next. It is rare to be treated so disrespectfully by a well-known company. I will never do business with Hertz again.