Menu
HelloFresh Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

HelloFresh
reviews & complaints

www.hellofresh.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 188 Reviews

HelloFresh Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
178 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with HelloFresh at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for HelloFresh has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of HelloFresh. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest HelloFresh reviews & complaints

4:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

HelloFresh - Delivery meal kits and charging me for it when I haven't signed up or reactivated my previous plan

I was using HelloFresh from 2021 till mid 2022 and stopped it once I moved to Oamaru as delivery to my new address was not possible. Last year on December, I happened to use a voucher that I got just to see if it was still valid. I only entered my account details to see how much the delivery would be but I never went through the payment process. Yet, a...

1:08 pm EST

HelloFresh Stop scamming your customers please!

l've just found this website, genius!

Well it's the first time l've really been done over by a company. ls it really 'a mistake' or are all their 'mistakes' showing us that these people are real con merchants? Buyer Beware! Any disputes folks, do not let these scammers get away with it! Contact your bank asap, raise a dispute! The bank will ensure that they will not continue to get away with it! l'm waiting for an outcome shortly. l'll be back on here to tell you my story. l'll just say this for now, HelloFresh are truly out of order but this time they picked on the wrong person!

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified HelloFresh representatives only. If you are affiliated with HelloFresh, please claim your business to access these details.

N
7:30 pm EST

HelloFresh Unsubscribing

Name is David Treloar customer number 6736886 .[protected]@bigpond.com.I reside in Australia,we have found being old age pensioners we cannot afford your meals if we want a roof over our heads.I have been trying to unsubscribe from your plan-site-weekly meals etc.The site seems be designed make this nearly impossible to do.Therefore this is a written request to cease and desist and cancel my subscription forthwith.I would like written confirmation to the above e-mail address.Cheers David Treloar.38 Conquest Bvd Dakabin Queensland Australia 4503.

Desired outcome: Unsubscribe me and confirm.

Is HelloFresh legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals HelloFresh as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, HelloFresh stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering HelloFresh should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

HelloFresh earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: HelloFresh achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for HelloFresh. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Hellofresh.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows HelloFresh website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Hellofresh.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Hellofresh.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with HelloFresh, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Several positive reviews for HelloFresh have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

HelloFresh website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While HelloFresh has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 178 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • HelloFresh protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
1:32 pm EST

HelloFresh 120.00 Meal Box

I checked my account today and had a 120.00 missing, and it had been paid to hello fresh. I proceed to call them only to be meet by the rudest person on earth.

I INFORMED THE GENTLEMEN THAT I DID NOT ORDER THE BOX DUE TO THE FACT THAT I DID NOT ENJOY THE LAST ONE. ! He informed me that there was product in the box they wanted me to try? But I'm paying for it? I asked how do you know about my diet needs, do you know I take blood thinner and cannot eat certain veggies and fruit? Do you know that I don't eat beef? or any type of greens, or any type of hot cereal. i didn't order this box I picked nothing. he proceed once again to tell me that there is stuff in the box that i should try and i told him I'm not caring about trying this box I didnt like the last box. 12-15-2023 @ 11:10 am

Claimed loss: 120.00

Desired outcome: To get my money refunded

C
12:13 pm EST

HelloFresh meal delivery

I cancelled my delivery after the first one. Today I received another one I didn't ask for. On top of that the recipe cards didn't even match the contents. I received cards for onion crunch chicken and zucchini pomodoro penne bake no food to match the cards. In the box was a variety of vegetables that I will use but they didn't go with any of the cards, and I received two pieces of pork that don't have any directions. The only thing that was right was the shawarma spiced chickpea bowls.

Claimed loss: cost of items I cancelled

Desired outcome: refund

B
1:27 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HelloFresh Unable to stop affiliate spam from HelloFresh and its brands. No useful contact information.

I have made dozens of requests spread over months to HelloFresh (and its brands Green Chef, Every Plate, Factor, Good Chop, The Pets Table) requesting HF to stop spamming my email addresses. I have spent hours in chat sessions with customer support and more hours composing emails. I have made numerous requests for information about their affiliate programs and how to contact related departments. All to no avail. While customer support is professionally pleasant, they are completely unhelpful and unwilling to provide contact information and the website is deliberately designed to be unhelpful.

Desired outcome: Useful contact information for affiliate and marketing depts. Affiliate program that penalizes spam. Clear and easy online optout for all brands in one place.

Update by BillR5
Nov 25, 2023 3:04 pm EST

Customer Support is very polite, but numerous requests to stop affiliate spam have been useless despite being "escalated". CS refuses to provide any other contact information or to fix website so unsubscribe works.

HelloFresh

The Pets Table

C
6:35 pm EST

HelloFresh Mailing #14989

I cancelled my Hello Fresh subscription back in 2021.

Mail is still going to address:

Carol Mackenzie

6b Operiana Street

Ngongotaha

Rotorua 3010

The current resident is not impressed receiving mail for me as I have long moved from the area it is not easy for them to pass on. Being respectful people, they make an effort to ensure I receive your mail.

I live rural in a different part of NZ - PLEASE DELETE ALL REFERENCE TO MY CANCELLED SUBSRCIPTION FROM YOUR RECORDS. I WILL NOT BE REACTIVATING.

This is not the first time I have requested to be deleted from your data base.

8:14 am EST

HelloFresh Grocery email

I received an email from PayPal informing me that a payment had been made to Hello Fresh. I did not complete an order for this purchase and it is going to my old address of over 3yrs ago. Hello Fresh also reactivated an old account without my permission. I looked at the website yesterday but DID NOT place an order! The amount is £32.28 and the incident occurred yesterday and the email was received at 04.08 16th November.

The transaction is is 8EJ90267UL554 5833.

Claimed loss: £32.28

Desired outcome: I would like this money refunded as I did not place this order.

F
11:39 am EST

HelloFresh Double charged

HelloFresh refused to reimburse me because I didn't catch them charging my card for unauthorized services. Even after I called to stop all deliveries, they went and used a different card that when I paid the shipping. (I used Wells Fargo for my deliveries but American Express for my daughters shipping on one free meal). We were both oversees, so I didn't have access to my statements until now. I called Hello Fresh and they refused to go back to July to refund me because they said I waited to long. So basically, I didn't catch them for unauthorized charges in a timely manner. That is criminal to use a card for meals when you specifically used it for postal only.

Claimed loss: $300.00

Desired outcome: Full Refund

1:11 pm EDT

HelloFresh - Customer service

Tried to cancel service on my phone due to my spouse losing his job. You cannot do so on your phone, you have to access a computer (which I wasn't around at the time) so I "skipped" as many meals as it would allow. They did not send reminders that service was resuming, then deducted $153 dollars from my account and couldn't change my meals. I contacted...

1:20 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HelloFresh Free box wasn't free.

I redeemed a "free" box off of my sister's account. I was charged $29.96 as a discount off the price. That isn't free is it? I paid for the shipping; therefore, they got my credit card number and proceeded to send me a box I did not order and charged me $45.95. When I called they told me I had signed up for a subscription, which I did not. I received the "free" box and a got beef with a chicken recipe. I also received a rotten bell pepper. The second box, of which I did not order, will come on 10/31/23. I called on 10/30/23 to cancel my so called subscription. I also went on-line and cancelled it. I hope that works. I am an experienced cook and thought this service would cut down on some of the "work" involved in shopping, etc. I have changed my mind. I will never order from Hello Fresh on any of the other companies.

Desired outcome: I would like to have the $29.96 and the $45.95 refunded to my credit card on file.

5:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HelloFresh Subpar produce in my boxes

The first box I received had bad zucchini in it. Didn’t even use it it was so gross. The second bag (the same week 1) had soggy potatoes. Both dinners were made within 3 days of receiving. This week my box was delivered Friday, today is Sunday and the celery was browning and I had to throw some of it away or cut off bad ends. I have had celery in my refrigerator for weeks without that happening, which makes me wonder how I’m getting bad product. This should not happen.

Desired outcome: I would like to have some kind of quality check in place so this doesn’t keep happening or I will have to cancel my subscription.

3:23 pm EDT

HelloFresh - Charges for undelivered boxes

Subject: Urgent Complaint: Unwarranted Charges and Non-Delivery of Purchased Goods I am writing to file a complaint against HelloFresh for consistent and unwarranted charges on my account, failure to deliver scheduled boxes, and the absolute lack of customer support to resolve these ongoing issues. Despite numerous attempts to contact the company, I have...

F
5:55 pm EDT

HelloFresh Delivery

We are repeatedly awoken by inconsiderate delivery men in the small hours of Sunday mornings. On at least three occasions we have had our doorbell ring, being a delivery to the wrong address. Today was one of those occasions! At other times the van has awoken us with the reversing alarm, headlights in our bedroom window. Every Sunday, anytime between midnight and 5.00 am, at least one of these scenarios plays out! WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF IT!

HELLO FRESH, DO A BETTER JOB!

Desired outcome: If this is not resolved we will have no alternative but to call the police and register a complaint against Hello Fresh to them

H
4:09 pm EDT

HelloFresh Reactivated my subscription without my knowledge.

Today I said GOODBYE to Hello Fresh forever. I tried it out but cancelled in May. Last week I just went to their website to see if there was anything new but I didn't see anything I like. I received a box today. WTF! When I called they said when I visited their website it triggered my subscription to reactivate and will not give me a refund. Talk about poor customer service. It's tricky and boy will I tell everyone I know that Hello Fresh is deceitful. I will never go to their website again.

Desired outcome: refund

Read full review of HelloFresh and 1 comment
1 comment
Jan Wooddexter
Mccook, US
Dec 04, 2023 10:03 pm EST

Same happened to me. Thankfully pay pal refunded the charge.

10:26 am EDT

HelloFresh Hello fresh service

The delivery service is horrible, they are late withe deliveries and do not communicate. I have to text them to find out when it will be delivered. When I called hello fresh they tell me it's on the way. I still did not get the package, I asked for a refund and they refused, so I will be canceling my subscription. Also, I have received meal kits with missing ingredients and ingredients in poor condition.

Desired outcome: Refund

7:08 am EDT

HelloFresh The boxes were not at all what I expected was not worth it and fresh veg were bad

The box's came I looking and omg it was crap and you tookout 34 pound each time instead of 1534 so I won't to cancel what a shame looking for would to trying but it a wast of my money same stuff as last week as well I can got local shop and get more and better qolity for what I payed you so what a refund as well your m heptonstall can me on [protected]

L
4:39 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HelloFresh refund process and deadline time

I didn't realise that resetting my password to have a nosey - reactivated my account.

I contacted the chat the very morning that the payment came out - as it came out 3am, which is after any deadline for me to do anything about.

I was refunded as a goodwill gesture - I asked for the account o be cancelled.

The next week - same thing happens.

Because I didn't say your terminology of "deactivate" and said cancelled - my account was left open, meaning another payment came out which I am not being refunded for.

This is a disgrace and putting me in a position financially which you don't seem to care about.

I will be in hospital when this box arrives , so it will not get used, which is even more annoying.

Please do the right thing and refund me - thanks

Desired outcome: Account deactivated and refunded

2:36 pm EDT

HelloFresh Delivery for 5th October includes meat recipes selected by hello fresh

You have selected 2 x meat recipes for my upcoming delivery - my family are vegetarian. We were called away unexpectedly and so today was the first chance I had to check order. I have tried to change order but told too late. Is there anyway I can cancel this weeks delivery? I have asked you before not to include meat meals in my delivery - this is the second time it has happened! My delivery is due on 5th October 2023.

I can't find a telephone number to ring or direct e-mail. the Robot help line does not recognise my questions.

Desired outcome: I would like the 2 meat recipes to be deleted from my order and if too late money should be refunded as I have stated at the beginning that we care vegetarian.

H
10:10 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HelloFresh Order placed without my final authorization

I visited their site on 9/27/2023 to view food package options. I did identify paypal as my payment method but left the site before finalizing the order.

They charged my paypal account $29.94 but do not respond to my complaint and request for refund. I asked for a refund on site, in emails, and in texts.

Oct 8th delivery has been cancelled by me, as well as recurring charges they set up.

Please help me.

R
Rlopezbuck
, US
Oct 12, 2023 2:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exact thing happened to me. I got two boxes FedEx to my home and I'm all, "I didn't order this!". Then I had to go through the whole trying to cancel and being encouraged not to by chat.

HelloFresh Customer Reviews Overview

HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service that has been gaining popularity among consumers in recent years. The company offers a variety of meal plans to choose from, including vegetarian, family-friendly, and low-calorie options. HelloFresh has received mostly positive reviews from customers, with many praising the convenience and quality of the meals.

One of the most commonly cited positive points of HelloFresh is the convenience it offers. Customers appreciate the fact that they can have fresh, healthy meals delivered right to their door without having to go to the grocery store. Many also appreciate the fact that the meals are pre-portioned, which makes meal prep easier and reduces food waste.

Another positive point of HelloFresh is the quality of the meals. Customers report that the ingredients are fresh and of high quality, and that the recipes are easy to follow and produce delicious results. Many also appreciate the variety of meals offered, which helps to keep things interesting and prevents mealtime boredom.

Overall, HelloFresh is a well-regarded meal kit delivery service that offers convenience, quality, and variety to its customers. While there are some negative reviews out there, the majority of customers seem to be satisfied with their experience and would recommend the service to others.

HelloFresh In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of HelloFresh is clean and user-friendly. Navigating through the site is easy, with clear categories and search options. The overall user experience is smooth and efficient, making it simple to find and select meals.

Meal Selection and Variety: HelloFresh offers a wide range of meal options to cater to different tastes and preferences. The menu includes a variety of cuisines, including vegetarian and family-friendly meals. There are also options for different dietary restrictions, ensuring that everyone can find something suitable.

Quality of Ingredients: The ingredients provided by HelloFresh are of high quality. The produce is fresh and the meat is sourced from reputable suppliers. The ingredients are carefully selected and packaged to maintain their freshness and flavor.

Packaging and Delivery: HelloFresh's packaging is well-designed and ensures that the ingredients arrive in excellent condition. The packaging is eco-friendly and recyclable, which is a plus for those concerned about sustainability. The delivery is reliable and the meals arrive on time.

Pricing and Value for Money: HelloFresh offers competitive pricing for their meal kits. Considering the quality of ingredients and the convenience of having everything delivered to your doorstep, the value for money is excellent. There are also options for different meal plans to suit different budgets.

Customer Service and Support: HelloFresh provides excellent customer service and support. Their representatives are responsive and helpful, addressing any concerns or issues promptly. There are also resources available on the website, such as FAQs and cooking tips, to assist customers.

Dietary Restrictions and Special Requirements: HelloFresh caters to various dietary restrictions and special requirements. They offer vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, making it easy for individuals with specific dietary needs to enjoy their meals. The website also provides clear information about allergens and potential cross-contamination.

Cooking Instructions and Ease of Preparation: HelloFresh provides detailed cooking instructions that are easy to follow. The recipes are well-written and include step-by-step instructions with accompanying photos. The ingredients are pre-portioned, saving time on measuring and reducing food waste.

Taste and Flavor of Meals: The taste and flavor of the meals from HelloFresh are consistently delicious. The recipes are well-balanced and the ingredients are flavorful. The variety of spices and seasonings used in the meals ensures that each dish is packed with taste.

Health and Nutrition: HelloFresh emphasizes the importance of health and nutrition in their meal offerings. The meals are portioned to provide a balanced diet and include a good mix of protein, carbohydrates, and vegetables. The nutritional information for each meal is provided, making it easy to track your intake.

Sustainability and Environmental Impact: HelloFresh is committed to sustainability and minimizing their environmental impact. They use recyclable packaging and strive to reduce food waste. They also work with suppliers who prioritize sustainable farming practices.

Flexibility and Subscription Management: HelloFresh offers flexibility in their subscription plans. Customers can easily manage their deliveries, skip weeks, or change their meal preferences through the website or mobile app. This allows for customization and ensures that you only receive meals when you need them.

Overall Customer Satisfaction and Recommendation: Overall, HelloFresh has consistently satisfied customers with their meal kits. The convenience, quality of ingredients, and delicious meals make it a highly recommended service. Whether you are a busy professional or someone looking to expand their culinary skills, HelloFresh is a great option to consider.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

HelloFresh contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with HelloFresh?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with HelloFresh Customer Service. Initial HelloFresh complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for HelloFresh above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about HelloFresh. Discuss the issues you have had with HelloFresh and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.