Having problems with Breyers?

Breyers reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 15, 2008. The latest review Butter pecan was posted on May 4, 2021. The latest complaint vanilla ice cream was resolved on Sep 02, 2019. Breyers has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 55 reviews. Breyers has resolved 8 complaints.

Breyers Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:30 AM - 9:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Breyers Customer Service. Initial Breyers complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Breyers above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Breyers. Discuss the issues you have had with Breyers and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Breyers Complaints & Reviews

BreyersButter pecan

Sometimes you come across a very bitter pecan in your product. It is so bitter you don't want to eat anymore please try to test for taste before releasing it to the public very disappointed in this particular product since the ice cream itself is very good.I have brought Breyer brand ice cream for as long as I can remember but lately I have had multiple bad experiences with this flavor so much so that I feel inclined to let the public know and not to buy anymore Breyer products

May 04, 2021

Breyers — Chocolate peanut butter ice cream

I purchase this product, Breyers Chocolate Peanut butter cup a few times and while sometimes I've...

BreyersBreyers strawberry ice cream

I purchased a 1/2 gallon container of all natural Breyers strawberry ice cream. We purchase this flavor regularly so when I opened carton and the ice cream looked white instead of pink I thought it was odd. Scooping deeper was no different. There is a hint of strawberry pieces but the flavor is 90% vanilla. I'm sure I could return to store but that a lot of trouble to get it there without melting everywhere

Breyers strawberry ice cream

BreyersVanilla fudge ice cream

Purchased a 1/2 gallon of vanilla fudge ice cream and when I opened it, I realized it was missing about 20% of the product. I was shocked. This is the second time I have had a problem with Breyers. The first time I bought the vanilla fudge and it was 99% vanilla. I spend more money for your product and expect a better product, not an inferior one. It will be difficult to purchase your product again.

Feb 16, 2021

Breyers — Rocky road

Hi i'm a huge fan of this flavor! It's the only rocky road i've ever liked because of the...

BreyersNeapolitan ice cream

Neapolitan we bought 2 -1/2gallon cartons of ice cream and both were missing strawberry never had it happen before and can't believe it happen 2 times in a row Not sure if there's anything that could be done but wanted to let you know. Thank you for taking the time to hear our complaint. Hope you have a great afternoon

Neapolitan ice cream
        Neapolitan ice cream

BreyersButter pecan ice cream

I bought the Butter pecan ice cream the other day and was very disappointed, when I saw what looked like plain ice cream.
          After finishing the whole container this week the pecans were very sparse. I expected to find more then just a few.
          Maybe there was a manufacturer problem and the pecans ran out or were omitted. I will go with another brand to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Butter pecan ice cream
          Butter pecan ice cream

BreyersCookies and cream ice cream cartoon

Purchased a cartoon of cookies and cream ice cream And inside the cartoon there was only vanilla ice cream. There has been maybe a sliver of a cookie in 2 bowls of ice cream. Very disappointing to not get the ice cream intended and no way to fix it. The fact that the ice cream was either mixed wrong or the wrong ice cream was put in the wrong cartoon.

Cookies and cream ice cream cartoon

Breyers2 in 1 oreo / chips ahoy ice cream

The description and the picture on the carton makes it seem like it's going to be 50% oreo ice cream and 50% chips ahoy ice cream but every time I buy it, it looks like the picture below that i've attached...80% oreo or more and 20% chips ahoy if i'm lucky... Sometimes less!

I've gotten bored with oreo and only buy this for the chips ahoy ice cream which is phenomenal but still not sold separately (and breyers blasts doesn't count because its completely different).

I am severely disappointed, and quite frankly i've been ripped off!! Why the trick? Why the false advertising?

Whats my compensation? Before this I was enjoying breyers products for the last 40 years.

2 in 1 oreo / chips ahoy ice cream
              2 in 1 oreo / chips ahoy ice cream

BreyersChocolate chip ice cream

Just almost got finished eating a bowl of Ice cream when I came across two small pieces of metal. It was chocolate chip so I figured I'd just gotten some extra frozen chocolate chips. When I bit into it for the third time I finally opt'd to pull the ‘chocolate chips' out. 2 small pieces of metal. I'd love to talk to someone as I'm highly upset.

Chocolate chip ice cream
                Chocolate chip ice cream

BreyersUnethical practices

I have purchased the snack size ice cream cups 3 times now. The cup says it is 3 ounces. I weighted them every time and they weight 1.9 ounces on my accurate kitchen scale. I have bought different lot numbers at different supermarkets. I also purchased blue bell snack cups and these weight 3 ounces every time. Breyers cost more and they are shorting their customers consistently so it must be deliberate. I would like the government to step in and fine them for these practices.

Breyersbreyers chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

Hello there. I'm not one to ever officially complain but I feel compelled too at this time. I purchased a 1.5 quart of Breyers Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream last week at Publix. We opened it tonight to indulge ourselves a bit with our favorite flavor and couldn't be more disappointed. I'm not sure what happened in the processing factory but, there is literally no cookie dough in this carton of ice cream. LOTS of chocolate chips but no cookie dough. Just thought I'd report this. It would be hard to imagine that I'm the only unlucky, sad one with this issue. A replacement carton would be very much appreciated. I'd be happy to provide more information if needed. I did not even think to take pictures or video.

Regards,
                    Tina H
                    [protected]@gmail.com

Breyersvanilla ice cream

Hi my name is tessa. I am a huge fan of your delicious ice cream. Been buying it for years. Well I actually bought some ice cream from walmart today and when I got home I opened it and noticed there was no seal on it and someone must have tampered with it. I feel sick that my kid almost ate it. I went back to get my money back and the store denyed me because I couldnt prove it had already been open. Can you send me my money back or a coupon to get another gallon of vanilla ice cream (my 5 year olds favorite) I would really appreciate it and you will have my continued respect and support for your products. My address is 4294 north hughes ave apartment number 122 fresno, ca 93705 and my email is [protected]@gmail.com.. Thankyou.

RESOLVED

Nothing just didnt want my info public take that post down i thought it was a private message

Breyersbreyer chocolate chip cookie dough 2 quart

On 07/19/2019, i bought Breyer Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Dairy Desert 2 quart (1.89L) at my local Bj's Supermarket in Dartmouth, MA. When we opened the ice cream at home we were very surprised and disappointed to find out that the content inside DID NOT match the label picture and the discription on the package. The label clearly state "Made With Chewy Cookie Dough Chunks", but inside there is NONE just Vanilla Ice Cream with a couple of chocolate chip.
                        Clearly misleading, your product labeling discreption on the outsise of the package does not match the product content . Who is monitoring this and how is responsible.

breyer chocolate chip cookie dough 2 quart
                        breyer chocolate chip cookie dough 2 quart

Breyersbutter pecan

I bought a container of butter pecan ice cream at my local grocery store, but it had maybe 3 pecans in the entire container. This is my husband's favorite, so he was very disappointed. This has never happened before. Your help in this matter would be appreciated.

I bought it at the Strack & Van Til in Lowell, Indiana.

Thank you.

Pam Raby
                          [protected]@comcast.net

Breyersbreyers ice cream - cookies & cream

I purchased a half-gallon of the Cookies & Cream ice cream at my local Jewel Osco grocery store in Channahon, IL and found upon opening that the package contained vanilla ice cream only. I should be recompensed for this package as I didn't get what was expected. I appreciate Breyers ice cream as I believe it to be among the best ice creams made and have enjoyed the product many, many times.

Breyersbreyers dairy free

Date: June 28, 2019

I purchased Breyers Dairy Free ice cream at my local Martin's Grocery Store in Front Royal, VA. When my husband went to open it Friday evening to have a scoop of ice cream, he noticed the ice cream wasn't filled up all the way. I am not sure why this happened, but it was very disappointing. The seal was still around the ice cream, but it looked like when you opened it half the ice cream was gone!

The number on the ice cream is [protected]
                              F.G. #[protected]

Breyerscookies and cream ice cream

I have just opened my cookies and cream ice cream to see that I haven't even received a full tub. Your brand isn't the cheapest however I don't mind paying for extra due to the alternative nutritional values compared to regular ice cream. I am a regular purchaser or your product and was disappointed to see that the tub was missing a good quantity of product.

cookies and cream ice cream

Breyersbreyers french vanilla/allergen not properly labeled

4/27/19 My husband and I are always conscientious about what we feed our daughter (six) who is highly allergic to eggs. After searching for allergens in bold on the ingredients list on the Breyer's French Vanilla carton tonight, we felt it was safe to give it to our daughter who had to forego treats at a birthday party earlier because of her severe allergy. Immediately after eating two small scoops of your ice cream, she developed a severe rash the front of her neck, began to throw up profusely, and complained that she felt like there was "a rash inside her throat." After taking a closer look at the ingredients, we realized it says there is egg yolk in the ice cream. Egg/egg yolk is a severe allergen that should be in bold and larger print at the bottom of the ingredients list. I hope your company works toward remedying this problem in order to keep your buyers safe.
                                  Claudette Davis
                                  claudette.[protected]@jefferson.kyschools.us

Breyers Ice Creamcreamy vanilla ice cream

I'm so very dissatisfied! The creamy vanilla ice cream is just horrible!!!
                                    My husband got groceries the other day and thought he was buying the all natural vanilla (very white ice cream with tiny vanilla specs) and bought the horrible creamy vanilla (because the boxes look almost identical). Really can't you guys make the boxes look different?
                                    The creamy vanilla is slimy and tastes terrible!! After eating it it's slimy in my mouth for about 5 minutes. Please make the boxes different so people will realize what they're buying, or stop making the creamy slimy vanilla ice cream! Creamy vanilla, TERRIBLE!!!