Hearst Magazinescancelled subscriptions after automatic renewal

O'at Home magazine and Womans Day magazine were both renewed automatically and payment was deducted from my checking account.
I telephoned and cancelled the next day .. Jan. 27/2009 for the Womans Day - confirmation # given me is [protected]. I cancelled O'at Home on Jan 28, 2009 - confirmation # [protected].
It is now April 3rd and still no credit has been rec'd in the checking acoount of $29.00 and $24.00.
What in the world do you have to do to get your money back.
All you get is a computer generated voice when you call.

• Le
    LeS2708 Oct 29, 2011

I am also being harassed by Hearst Corporation. I have been a long time subscriber to O Magazine and always pay in advance, meaning I send payment with my subscription order. I did not renew my subscription when it ended. I am now receiving delinquent letters from Hearst. It's as if they are trying to get me to pay for a magazine that I did not order through harassment. Or they are assuming that I wanted to renew but forgot as I have been a subscriber for a little over 10 years. I have emailed the Oprah Magazine customer service and all I received was a harassing email from O magazine stating that my account is past due. What account? And I did not sign up for auto-renewal of a magazine - dumb and not convenient. Are subscription sales down that they must resort to unethical tactics to generate revenue? How do I get them to leave me alone?