Greyhound Busextremely poor customer service

S

I had attempted to purchase a ticket online, which would cost around $14.00, but Greyhound's server was not working properly, and I couldn't buy my ticket.
I then called greyhounds phone number to buy my ticket, and told them that the site was not working. They told me that I had to purchase my ticket over the phone, but I would now be charged an additional $6.00 for a phone order. I told them that the reason I had wanted to order online, was that I could keep from paying the extra fee. I asked if I could be refunded the extra amount on my credit card, since the problem was a website one after all.
They said that I would have to pay the additional money over the phone, then call the customer service dept later for a refund.
After buying the ticket, I called customer service (during non peak hours, and not on the weekend). I was put on hold for an hour. I gave up for the day and called again the next day. The next day I waited 2 HOURS!!! with NO RESPONSE from those idiots.
I was basically calling out of the whole principal of the thing (a $6.00 refund is not such a big deal), but the fact of the matter is, is that I was promised that money back, and NO ONE WILL HELP ME. The ticket purchasing dept insists that the customer service number I called is the only one available, and that I have to keep trying for a response.
DO NOT USE GREYHOUND SERVICES!!! I suppose if you had NO other way to get around, then use them...but please exhaust ALL other options before choosing them. Just imagine that you have purchased a ticket worth far more than mine, and you need a refund...
You might as well kiss your hard earned money goodbye!!

• Yo
    yousuf Oct 23, 2008

I lost 2 suitcase with gereyhound bus during my trip on 8 may 2017, I called and fax many times to greyhound, also my agent filled [baggege claim form] but no result? please if you can gave me [Tel, and fax for the head office manager] who is dealing with[ costomer complain] or any department responsepl about greyhound bus. or advice me about my issuse .

right now I am in my country newzealand, please send me response as soon as possible, thanks, god bless you

• Mo
    monica abshire Aug 27, 2009

this was my first bus ride and the worse experience i ever had. the bus broke down 15 min. after a 3and 3/4 layover in cincinatti. the bus driver said it was out of gas. how can it b out of gas 15 min. after leaving the station??? then about 1/2 hr.later it overheated and we had to stop for water, a little while later we had to stop for antefreeze and a while after that for a radiator cap and more water. when we went up a mountain he had to shut off the air so we can make it up. the bus stank of ### for hours and we had to sit and smell it. the bus driver was rude and didnt give us any indication of when we would get to our destinations. i'm suprised i didn't come home with some disease, plus the bus was filthy. i finally made it to knoxville 4 hours after my scheduled arrival time. last time a ride a greyhound. NASTY

oneway Oct 07, 2009

Atlanta to New York / New York to Atlanta $90...Non-Stop (12hrs)...

oneway Oct 07, 2009

Atlanta to New York / New York to Atlanta $90...Non-Stop (12hrs)...Any other Destination receive 10%-20% off the competitors rate. Reserve Your Next Trip at onewayexpresss.com

• Sp
    springflower Dec 22, 2009

I do NOT want anyone fired. I am disabled and in Chicago (I frequently ride Greyhound and LOVE Greyhound) the Customer Service workers, (women) are generally RUDE to me and other "SPECIAL NEEDS" customers who need "extra help".
    Their supervisor is GREAT though and very polite.
    This past time I needed help with my "Special Handling" luggage plus a ticket change due to a delayed bus and the women at Customer Service SCOLDED me and let me know I was a "BOTHER" to them.
    When I CRIED, due to their scolding me, they said it is "MY PROBLEM" nd Not theirs.
    Other passengers urged me to get their supervisor, which I did, and he was very polite to me and got the workers to help me.
    This is not the first time this had happened to me and I also witnessed it happening to other "Special needs" Greyhound customers.

• Pm
    PMBLUEMOON Apr 05, 2010

They canceled my bus and didn't even tell me! Not an email, call or anything! I not only have to wait two weeks for a refund of my original ticket price, but had to buy a new ticket at the higher price because I couldn't book it in advance the second time around to get the 2 week discount price. They have lost my luggage numerous times in the past, and this time around I will just buy new stuff when I get to my destination, because in the long run, it's a lot less hassle than trying to get them up off their butts to help me find it.in the past, they never helped me find it, gave me the run around, ended up getting a free ticket coupon from them, but nothing else but a lot of grief and bad attitude, condescension, and a general disgust attitude at having to even disgrace themselves with a customer complaint. I never got any sympathy at all from anyone in customer service I ever tried to contact. I really think this company badly needs some serious customer service classes!

• Ka
    Kamommy Jul 07, 2010

I SO agree with you re: customer service! This was the first trip ever for me and will be the last. There were three people on my 26 hour voyage who were kind and decent. The rest ... I dunno. I've never been treated that way before! Of course, usually travel via airlines. Not that I'm happy others have had nasty experiences, but I feel vindicated after reading these comments. It wasn't just me...

• Am
    A member of society May 30, 2011

I tried to buy a ticket for a friend for Sunday night travel. I was told from the agent at the [protected] (international lines of course...why can't they have North American customer service) that there was no 10:30 bus. I confirmed with the bus station and she confirmed with her dispatch that there is a 10:30 bus. I called the 1-800 again spoke to a supervisor and Ricardo said there is NO 10:30 and he would not go beyond looking at the computer screen...on top of all this...I tried purchasing a ticket for the next day but they wanted an extra $18 because I was purchasing for someone else, the original fare was $24...my friend took the train. Greyhound you are losing your customers one at a time...

• Pa
    pattibak Oct 12, 2011

Sadly this is probably more of a waste of time. My husband had the misfortune of riding with greyhound 2 weeks ago. All started out well. Until he arrived at his final destination Waxahachia TX. When he got of the bus, his luggage which he had loaded himself in Memphis was no where to be found. We have filed a claim and talked to anyone that would take a look around for this bag. Except Waxahacia ...they have only answered the phone 3 times for me in the past 2 weeks. They are rude, and do not seem to care if we ever find my husbands bag. He is in a school in TX for 2 months...that was alot of clothes, and for him to have to replace them, not easy. No word from anyone...very very disappointing. I thought Greyhound was a good company that cared, I don't feel that way anymore. We only want his bag found and shipped home. Is that to much to ask???? Our only hope is that someone honest looks through the bag and finds his prescription that has his name and home address on it. Anyone have any suggestions????

• Un
    unhappyconsumer1976 Nov 07, 2011

My husband took the greyhound from Phoenix Arizona to Tampa Florida and from the beginning it was the worst. First they had to turn around three times because the AC on the bus wouldn't work so that delayed the whole trip in general what was supposed to be a 2 day trip turned into 3 days with 7 hour waits overnight in the bus terminal he was rerouted several times and every single greyhound employee was extremely rude! On 1 stop the police were even called because consumers on my husbands bus were outraged ...is this what we paid $250 for!!! This was the worst traveling experience ever next time we will be sure to pay more for a plain ticket. I would not recommend any one to travel by greyhound and we will surely never again travel this way!!!

• Ms
    Ms. Dottie Jul 10, 2012

I left Jax, Fl. July 1st, going one way to Ashland, Ky. to live with my other Daughter. I watched the driver put my luggage on the bus. 2 New suitcases. I never changed buses. Got to Ashland, and NO luggage. It was not there. How can this happen, when it's suppose to stay under the bus until I get to my destination ? It's been 9 days. I am stressed out. No clothes, No pics to put in my new apartment. Personal things that I took with me given to me by my daughter in Jax. I WANT MY LUGGAGE. I will be 78 in a couple of months. I cannot replace these things.
    Dottie,
    Upset in Ashland, Ky.

• Ef
    efrendogg May 17, 2013

Got on a greyhound bus from el monte ca stoped in san bernardino ca for other people to switch to a vegas bus.I stayed on but someone took my luggage off so when I had to switch busses in phoinex az I had no luggage and the bus driver was letting the people grab luggage n not checking tickets. So when I asked the bus driver about my luggage she said I don't know what to tell you and that's your problem.so got on other bus without my luggage but when I got to albuquerque nm at 3am I was told I had to wait till 7:30 am because they had no bus driver available. So left at 8am arrived in Amarillo tx.I was told since my bus was late I had to wait till late tonight because my bus was late.but that's not my falt its grayhound.my trip is taking 3days for 1, 300 miles. GREYHOUND SUCKS DICK!!!