Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] Logo

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]

Having problems with Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]?

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 16, 2009. The latest review Service was posted on Oct 14, 2021. The latest complaint terrible experience was resolved on Mar 16, 2009. Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 105 reviews. Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] has resolved 1 complaints.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] Customer Service Contacts

800 656 463 (Transport Information Centre)
+27 215 078 800 (Head Office)
+27 219 378 800 (Operational Centre)
+27 782 150 055 (Emergency Operating Contact)
+27 800 656 463 (Feedback and Enquiries)
103 Bofors Circle, Epping Industria, PO Box 1795
Cape Town
South Africa - 8000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] Customer Service. Initial Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]. Discuss the issues you have had with Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] Complaints & Reviews

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Service

Good Day

I would like to lay a formal complaint about the 4pm bus leaving Century City going to Beacon Valley.

For the past few weeks, the bus is only arriving at 4pm and leaving after 4pm. According to the timetable and call centre agents, this bus is suppose to leave at 4pm not after 4pm. No change has been communicated.

Please get this issue resolved

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Racist and unfair bus driver

This morning at 07:57 I got into the golden arrow bus coming from Mfuleni going to Blaauwberg, I got in at the bus stop at Delft robots, there were two ladies who got into the bus at the same time who were cash payers the driver made the one lady pay R32 because it was before 8 but he let the other lady wait on the steps in front of the bus so that she could pay half price it was before 8am and he still let her pay half price, which is unfair because why didn't he let the other lady also wait or why didn't he let both of them pay full price. We then proceeded down the Stellenbosch arterial and at the next bus stop it was then 07:59 when we arrived at the next bus stop he let a bunch of people get in and wait in front until it was 8am to pay so that they could all pay half price there were another two ladies outside the bus who was waiting to get into the bus but because he let the people stand on the steps of the bus it was crowded in front and those ladies take this bus every morning but he wouldn't let them get in and he closed the door leaving them outside the bus. The bus want full there were more than enough seats to accommodate those two ladies he left outside the bus. His actions were racist because he let black people pay half price before 8am and let them wait until it was time to pay half price but he made a lady who was not black pay full price, I'm quite upset about this whole ordeal and would like it if action is taken. The two ladies he left outside the bus were also not black but those he let into the bus and wait were black. I've never been a racist person and will never be that's why this upset me so much. Every paying customer should be treated the same. Nobody should be treated differently because of their skin colour. The code of the bus is 4797 and this was the bus from Mfuleni to Blaauwberg it arrived at my destination at 07:57.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Service and drivers

I would like to make a complaint regarding the drivers. For the past few weeks we are getting drivers that does not know the route. The 16:30 afternoon bus from Cape Town to Bellville via the freeway. We as the passangers need to indicate to the drivers the route they need to take. This is now becoming absurd. Where the usual driver that use to do that route. It is not us as passangers responsibility to indicate to the drivers the route. We paying for a service which we are not receiving. Please sort out this problem.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Bus Driver

I took a bus at Elsies River going to Panaroma, the bus number (4555) the bus driver was extremely rude, he stop at the bus stop and I came walking on towards the stop, he was still busy assisting the customer infront of me and as I got in he started performing because I came walking on and wasn't standing there when the bus stopped, but the door was open for me to get in. I am not sure if this bus driver thought he was doing me a favour, I PAY FOR THIS SERVICE. he drove so fast and drops passengers off at the robot and not at the bus stop, and he does not have his button on to alarm him as to when we need to get off. EXTREMELY PISSED.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Passengers

How and to whom do I complaint about or how do myself and other passengers resolve a concern where late coming passengers go stand in front of the Kuilsriver Bus in the Town Centre?

I have been taking the bus now only for the last 3 weeks. (New on the Bus)

I do not want to cuase any chaos as I know how some people can react to a simple request or question when you confront them.

There are these few "guys" that you can see coming from the other side being dropped off and go straight to "someone" they know. Start chatting and remain there, the other two comes late but thinks they do not need to stand in a long line as they have a "reserved" seat behind the driver.

Now these type of people needs to be set in line, I do not mind doing it, I can do it myself...rather not as some people do not know how to have each others backs.

I wanted to go and state my case concern to one of the conductor's but was not sure, thus the reason I'm stating my concern here.

There are some passengers standing in the line before them, I can see the frustrations in their faces, that's how I feel.

Now they just force their way in as someone"friend" allow them to go in before him.

I just think its unfair and disrespectful to jump in front when you late, we all taking the same bus and destination and we all must get up early and sacrifice our time and efforts to be in the Town Centre early for the 5:45 Kuilsriver Bus going via Blackheath.

Please advise to whom I can get in contact with to assist with the abovementioned concern.

It will be highly appreciated

Yours in concern

D. Wright
          [protected]

Dwight.[protected]@gmail.com

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Rude bus Driver to a Customer

Rude bus Driver to a Customer

Took a bus from work/Cape town to Home/Nyanga as usual, on my ticket I had weekly with 1 ride and monthly with 4 rides and new weekly with 10 rides of the same journey. Normally I scan A ticket then a driver chooses the one he wants to use, not today with that driver.

I he was just rude, I even called this number [protected] for help, but nothing they could help me with coz their driver was just as rude as hell.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Driver driving rythless

As the attached bus enter stellenbosch arterial, the driver had to be waved down, because he did not even want to stop. He turn into the right lane instead of left lane where the bus stop is. And he was speeding. At the r300 robot, he almost bump into a standing car at the red robot. The bus was jerking and the people have to grab on their seats.

Driver driving rythless

Respond

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]The 4 :45 eindhoven freeway bus that depart in the afternoon from panorama-dont pitch

This is the bus for Delft People... Other wise we have to take the Hare or Macasa bus that comes from Panorama via N1 City - where I take the bus to Delft.. As those 2 busses go via Delft... When the bus goes via N1 City to Elsies - there is no Macasa or Hare taxis so evrry one storm into bus when the bus stop there... I have to wait till 5:50 bus at N1 City becayse I cannot handle a bus that people stormin which is badically the last bus although iknock of at 5pm. PleSe assist in letting the Einthoven Freeway drive... Because it's for our Delft people

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Poor driving

This bus almost drove me and my family off the road. We had to apply dead brakes and the car almost swerved off the road, the bus just came infront of us while he was trying to overtake a car.
                  This is not acceptable, please have a talk with this driver as these are the incidents that kill people and create accidents.
                  Time 14h40
                  Date: 24 July 2021
                  Road: N2

Poor driving

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Window Stoning in Samora this Evening

For the millionth time this year, the 19:30 Golden Arrow Bus from Century City to Strandfontein Was stoned in Samora, this is a constant happening!…so many people have gotten hurt and are afraid to open a Case, this because you have to do a Statement at the Phillipi Police station which no one want to go to!..see the photos below, there is BLOOD on the floor, only afew times has the inspectors taken this to heart, and followed the bus through Samora, I am SICK of people getting hurt everytime and nothing is being DONE!!

Window Stoning in Samora this Evening
                    Window Stoning in Samora this Evening

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Bus service

This is the 3rd time that the 7 clock bus didn't come, from bay view to pelican park, I start work at 8 on a Wednesday and a Friday, I come to the station at 06:40 to get the 7 bus and bus arrives 7:30 from 6:40 making me late again.. I asked the driver where is the 7 o clock bus he tells me he is the 7 o clock bus, online it shows a bus 7:09 please fix this mistake as it's misleading people and the schedule is wrong according to the call centre, regardless of anything I was here 6:40 for the 7 o clock bus and no one comes thanks to golden arrow I am on my 3rd written warning for being late, and no one is going to compensate me if I lose my job due to golden arrow please rectify this issues, make sure the busses are on time, it's been 3 times in a row, once in a while I understand, but not 3 times after each other. I called at 7:16 and the 7 I clock bus still wasn't there.

Bus service

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Overloaded bus nr.5073

With the epidemic we facing your driver still don't adhere to protocol, he overloaded a bus from Mitchells plain to Claremont the to 8 bus this morning. Only some windows could open. I want to know what is the protocol for busses during covid, are the drivers informed about the danger? I feel sick to my stomach hoping and fighting to not get sick but Golden Arrow drivers don't give a damn..yes we all need to get to work but if a bus broke down or no bus show for people..send an alternative bus but not overload.

Overloaded bus nr.5073
                        Overloaded bus nr.5073

Respond

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Drivers almost never have change and they tell u to get out of the bus

Most of the time I take the retreat bus to Capetown and many of this drivers see how the ques are and they don't think of how one has to rush to get a bus and when u finally get a bus the driver tells u to get out of the bus if u don't have change... Not concidering the fact that there's no way possible to get change at the time I mean if I give a r30 he suppose to just give me r9 change what's the point then of a driver not having change...
                          Please can you sort out your drivers with change... It shouldn't be the customers responsibility to still get out of the bus to go make change...

Drv. 87128
                          Route. DXCO
                          Bus. 2039

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Lack of Social distancing & Service

I told the bus driver that the bus is full as all the seats were occupied. Although there were people standing in the aisle, he pointed to the sign in the bus which says '67passengers.' I asked about social distancing when he replied that the people managing this transpt system don't care about social distancing. He added that he past a stop in Wynberg when he was stopped by an inspector who asked why he never picked those passengers up.

Jul 07, 2021

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] — Aggressive driver and extremely abusive

Bus no:44776, Time: 12:45 Tuesday 6/07/2021, Route City passing Govan Mbeki Road and I got onto the bu...

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Golden arrow bus driver,, almost nock my car and when I hooter for him he show me a middle finger all the way

Yesterday 02/07/21 on my way home from work, I took a turn under the bridge to join the way to Mitchells Plain at about 5h26 a golden arrow driver with registration CA55791 come closer to my car as I needed to turn and its 1 car line he covered and shield me I could not see cars coming through so that I could jump if I had a chance, when I hooter him he showed me a middle finger I was shocked I took my phone he continued and I had my colleague with me we were so disappointed and disturbed by the rude behavior of that man to swear at me because I hooter for him to stop what he was doing when I try to turn he come very close to MA car as if he wants to dent it I was in shock and other cars hooter at him 1 man drove closer to comfront he just show his finger as we drove he continued swearing with his middle finger until he stopped for a passenger I managed to escape his abuse on the road I have a Pic and the small video.

1 Response
                                • Ni
                                  Nicole Langley Jul 16, 2021

They knocked my car aswell, I layed a complaint and emailed the necessary people and no one came back to me, I had to pay for the expenses on my own, they never got back to me or paid me back for my expenses, I couldn't fix everything and the things I did pay for was never reimbursed and I got the same attitude from the busses.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Service and person

I ran for the a 6:18 city bus coming passed the bus stop at the fire station in Mitchell's Plain. I made it in the nick while one more passenger was getting in, before I got in I was just reaching for mask when the driver closed the door on my foot. I got in and told him whether he was stupid to do that! Instead of apologizing he was telling me I need to wake up early, and telling me I will see tomorrow, I asked him whether he was threatening me, he said do I know what a threat is. This is pathetic, disgusting and I am going to take this further. The transport system is already inconsistent and now we have to still deal with rude drivers. I need something to be done with this driver. The inside of the bus has a number which is 1912.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Bad customer service from a bus driver

On Friday, 21 May 2021 I was boarding bus number 4616 from Athlone to Makhaza. I walked in the bus with a R50 note and paid for my journey. The driver immediately rejected my money saying that he does not have change. I tried to reason with him by suggesting that he give me the ticket and later give me my change when I reach my destination. But he refused, and chased me away very rudely and said I must get off the bus. I immediately rushed to a nearby store to get change. Luckily when I got back the bus hadn't left because there still one or two people in line but as I got closer the driver closed the door and I had to run and force myself in a closing door. Which by the way would've hurt me physically. I boarded the bus and paid and the driver gave me my ticket. He didn't even apologize. But overall I arrived at my destination.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Driver not being realistic and stupid

Bus 1936 Rocklands bus. I got onto another bus after being refused entry by this driverof this bus not even 5min apart when he said my card was invalid. I got out of a town centre bus coming from airport industrial and change in Eisleben opposite Autozone. I showed him my ticket that shows my transfer that was left buthe said noinvalid and that i must get off. Please teacher drivers like this alternative ways to check if cards are invalid or just the system thats maby wrong. Also yesterday it happened to other 2 ladies also that got on at Clocktower.

Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS]Customer Services

On the 10th of May 2021 around 08:00 am. Driver 84454 driving Bus 4563 route KBS2
                                      I had got off at Bellville Terminus to load my ticket when returning the driver was still loading people on my way to get in he Closed the door almost injuring my arm then he started shouting at me that why don't i use other buses however his bus was the only bus for my route. I then proceed to ask him for my slip and he ignored me while driving i asked him for the second time as i was still tapping my card and without explaining why my card does not give me slip he threatened to STOP the whole bus i do not get off. Meanwhile i already clipped one of rides on the machine.

This is not the first encounter with this driver however i did not know my day will be this earlier with him. there are videos of him mistreating people if this not fixed i will leak the videos online!