Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Business & Finances Green Dot Money taken of my card... An unauthorized transaction that I didnt make or authorized

Green Dot  -  Money taken of my card... An unauthorized transaction that I didnt make or authorized

M
Author of the complaint
7:54 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On August 29th 2018, A transaction was made on my card that I didn't make nor Authorized by me in the amount of $357.80 card# [protected]..exp12/21...At A BJs Wholesale in Deer park ny..I've never shopped in this store I dont even know where the location of this store is...I've made several dispute attempts to green dot explaining that this was not me..I've sent documents to there PO Box copies of my ID...and my work schedule and etc...I was informed that they was gonna do an investigation, however I've them and they said the investigation was close, with no explanation or any documentation stating why they will not be returning my funds to my account..I find this un fear I trust green dot I put money on my card weekly. I've even reached out to BJs where this transaction supposed have took place and they said I had to take it up with my bank..I work hard iam not a wealthy person I personally live pay check to pay check I can't not just take $357.80 as a lost this has been an inconvenience for me..I've been trying to get my money back for almost 2 months already..All iam asking is that I be refunded my funds...please help me get my money back...it just isn't fear...Thank you ..Meika Bonets

More Green Dot complaints & reviews

Green Dot - Unlock accounts
Green Dot - stolen money
Green Dot - can't access money/use card/get a live cust. service rep
Green Dot - where's my money
Green Dot - part of a scam
Green Dot - green dot
3 comments
N
Nov 28, 2020 1:55 am

On 11/21/20, after reviewing my account balance I realize that unauthorized transactions had be made on my account between 11/13 and 11/20. I sent an email and called the phone number provided the same day and the next day, altho I never got to talk with the dispute department after 45 minutes on Hold. I emailed them a copy of the statement highlighting all transactions that were not mine. The dollar amount wasn't a lot, but the activity was frequent. I got the standard email reply saying they would conduct an investigation and they would send me a new card. I reply indicating I didn't want a new card I wanted the account closed and my money returned. They have sent me two different denials, one indicating there were no "errors" made, and the second referred to a .99 cent charge and they denied it again. I am a 70 year old senior and my blood pressure is thru the roof over the incompetence of Walmart and Green Dot Bank to resolve these kinds of issues timely and accurately. There is no easy way to email a specific representative or even talk to one. No documentation was provided to back up their claim of an investigation. I can't bring myself to deal with them anymore, it is making me sick. i will send a copy of this comment to the complaint board. These multi million dollar companies cannot be trusted with your money.

S
Jun 11, 2019 10:56 am

Green dot has allowed an unauthorized transaction to take place and will not stop the transaction after it has been detected. Green dot will not stand behind their advertisement of protection and monitoring their customers money. One star for them and no recommendations.

S
Jun 11, 2019 10:53 am

Hello. I am Jackie Allen Cunningham and I purchased an Green Dot card thinking this company was trust worthy and backed up their customers. Ebay was the site I purchased from and my transactions was placed with the pre-paid debit card and the three that was authorized by me had the correct address but three was not pay pay caught the error in the addresses and would not accept the funds. I called pay pal and they explained that they did not have any type of affiliation with the transaction and i needed to contact my card holder. I am being told buy customer service agent Oneal id-75301 that i have to just wait and see who receives the funds and i cannot dispute. I know that is not accurate. Now green-dot is not escalating the matter as if my complaint is not worth escalating. I will not be able to proceed with my urgent matter due to the fact of Green Dot unprofessionalism. I am being put on hold by an agent and told he is contacting an supervisor. I been waiting now for may 25 minutes. I have been told that my money is in an unknown place and also said that its nothing can be done. My contact info is [protected] of [email protected] please contact asap and the call from Oneal is recorded and i will never Shop with green dot again ever and to the corporate i will seek legal advise.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

791 complaints