Menu
Green Dot
reviews & complaints

Green Dot
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

838 complaints
134 resolved 704 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Green Dot. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
E
12:04 pm EDT

Green Dot - Service issue

Card number: [protected]

Trying to make contact to get my User ID and Password, which were both lost. The card was registered, but it has not been activated yet because I cannot get my User ID and Password. The phone number only gives information about using contact methods that do not work.

Also, I cannot make any contact with the website because I cannot input, as is stated before, my User ID and Password. Thus, it is a dead end situation that exists with no hope of resolution. The website is, therefore, unresponsive when I try to get my needed User ID and Password.

I need to activate my card but have been rendered incapable of ever doing so. The company has my email address.

Card number: [protected]

P
2:32 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They got my 15 thousand dollars and they want me to verify my self with no explanation of how to do so the real way all the ways they tell you to verify is not true I'm unable to verify and it's there fault on purpose

11:15 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir / Madam, My name is Juan Herrera Martinez and I own a contracting business in Fredericksburg, Texas (address: Fredericksburg, Texas 78624). I NEED YOUR HELP. Four months ago, I purchased a Green Dot Visa Premier card at our local Walmart with the intention of having easily accessible online funds due to the current COVID pandemic. Subsequently, I...

8:31 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir / Madam, My name is Juan Herrera Martinez and I own a contracting business in Fredericksburg, Texas (address: 300 Pedernales Estates Rd., Fredericksburg, Texas 78624). I NEED YOUR HELP. Four months ago, I purchased a Green Dot Visa Premier card at our local Walmart with the intention of having easily accessible online funds due to the current...

2:55 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

August 4, 2020: cashnetusa.hub [protected] Scammers Green Dot Corporation Bank Honorable Donald J. Trump The White House 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W. Washington, D.C. 20500 Honorable Donald J. Trump, Ricardo Cruz Jul 25, 2020, 6:07 PM (2 days ago) to Bank Cash net usa company offered me a loan for $3000 and ask for my bank information and I gave...

6:48 pm EDT

Green Dot - Card expired

My Visa Prepaid Card expired 7/20. Green Dot never sent me a new card or letter, email to remind me the card was going to expire. I called customer service to say where is my renewal card, and im told i cant have a renewal card, and they will just refund me, my balance in 2 weeks. we'll im here in Florida not only is it Covid Captital, but we are now faced with a major storm, and i have no access to money. cutsomer service was poor, to say the least. i need someone to contact me ASAP about this.

Andre Sawyer

B
4:18 pm EDT

Green Dot - irs stimulus check withholding

in april my irs and stimulus check both deposited into a greendot acc I have been trying to recover my money since and have yet to receive a penny.
I was told to send the card to which is affiliated with acc and deposit I again told rep I dont have that card so why send in
again I called got runa round
today 07/08/20 I called again got told they cant help me when I asked for a supervispr or someone above the rep helping me he said there were none available to help me it be 24 hrs I demanded to talk to one was put on hold agaIN was than told a supervisor would get ahold oif me in 72 hrs
aagain said I would wait on hold and was told he would hang up on me and everytime I call in from now on

S
3:25 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recieved a Emergency SBA Covid loan, after it was depostied a week later they froze me account including my unemployment funds. When I called they told me to send my drivers licence and loan docuemtents to a verifying email address. They said it would be 3 to 5 business days before it would be verified and the block would be taken off. I called in the...

D
6:58 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently had my unemployment money deposited to my green dot account last 4 of my card is #3584 and from the moment it was deposited greendot put a block on it for security purposes which i completely understand so i follow protocol when i call and talk to customer service, which was i needed to wait for up to 2 business days for a corporate call back...

1:08 pm EDT

Green Dot - Turbo card visa debit

Yesterday my Turbo Visa Debit card account was closed w/o my knowledge. I have over 1k in my account and cannot access my money. I called the number [phone number removed]. That number is useless. After entering my card# and SSN, I get the following message -- "This account is closed. Goodbye."

Not able to secure a live person for information on why I cannot access my money.

Terrible business practices.

8:44 am EDT

Green Dot - Will not release my $5,000

My name is Antonio Reeves I was putting money on a Green Dot card to my daughter Latoni Wiley for my grandkids not realizing there would be a problem Of her getting the money, it's $5, 000 they have their part and won't release ours, .
They have been giving us the run around and I am about to get an attorney.

My contact information is [protected]

2:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Green dot give me a email address it doesn't work right you can not take pictures of your I'd to be able to send pictures here is what they keep telling me that they need my correct address but they do have my correct address on file this all start by they have let some to use my account to buy something with our any card being use so call them to complain...

F
5:57 pm EDT

Green Dot - My green dot card has a security block

I can't bypass the security code to use my prepaid card and my green dot cashback debit visa I don't understand it but I said you could do my California ID my cashback card I mean that should be it right please get back to me soon as possible it's very Important my birthday is June 9, 1975 SSN [protected] my address is 8325 Hudson Rd., Yreka, CA 96097 my ID number is D6141231 expires On 6/9/2022.
My Green Dot number [protected] expiration date 12/23 the CCV397

L
1:01 pm EDT

Green Dot - Account

My green dot acount is locked/blocked. I need it unlocked/unblocked as soon as possible. Green dot has issued me a new card. I can not activate it. I have tried numerous times. I have spoken with representatives on the phone
And they have said my computer needs to be gone over & they want $200.00 to do it. I have used a very secure computer where I work part time with the help of the manager. It still didn't work. I need to get this card activated since it is used for neessary medication. My computer is not compromised nor is the other computer I used. Please unlock/unblock my account and allow me to activate my new card that green dot sent me.

T
3:11 pm EDT

Green Dot - Security block

I need to have security block removed from my card. I am frustrated and I will never use greendot again. I recieved my direct deposit and I cant access my money because of the security block and I cant get a real represenative on the phone. I am so disgusted with green dot and I will never recommend this card to anyone. Can I please get some help.

6:47 am EDT

Green Dot - Moneypak cards both pin numbers are unreadable

I bought two 50 dollar moneypak cards and when I scratched off the back some numbers got scratched off as well, now I'm trying to get a refund or given two other cards equallying my two 50 dollar cards which I do have receipts for

11:34 pm EDT

Green Dot - Refill money in a paypal but green dot keep the money and never credit it to my account

I deposit $ 500.00 cash in a 7-Eleven Store antonym Pay Pal card, money was received by successfully by Green Dot but never credited the money into my Pay Pal card. 2 months has pass and after trying without luck to contact Green to to get my money back they have refused to solve the issue and still keeping my money.
Contact Pay Pal and 7-Eleven and both companies staid that GREEN DOT NEVER TRANSFER THE MONEY TO MY PAY PAL ACCOUNT.
I do have the receipt that show the money was given to Green Dot.

Sincerely,

Adolfo Rivera

M
3:28 pm EDT

Green Dot - Greendot / walmart prepaid visa card

My card has been locked for almost 2 yeara now. I have provided you with everything you asked. The card is in My name and my husbands payroll check direct deposited into my account and greendot locked the card due to "suspicious activity" without ever trying to contact me to see if the activity was suspicious. They wanted front and back pics of my and my husbands id's which they have. I am attaching them for this letter as well

Green Dot. Card Number

12:08 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Richard 1963  ·  May 10, 2020 Debit card On 04/16/2020 My Green dot bank unlimited card was blocked when my stipend was deposited on the Green dot bank card. I've tried countless times to reach a live customer representative and I finally realized that no one is going to answer my call. So I decided to file a complaint with the hope of getting my money...

C
8:19 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Green Dot - Unauthorized charge to my account and refusal to help solve the problem in any way shape form or fashion

I was charged to my account for basically all the money in my account to a company that I have no recollection of for services I have no need of and we would like a full refund due to incompetence and not keeping up with bank standards in wich verification of every transaction, poor customer service and been given the run-around, being told I will be getting a refund but resulting in a hang up.

Green Dot contacts