Having problems with Green Dot?

Green Dot Customer Service Contacts

3465 E Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, California
United States - 91107-6071
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Green Dot Customer Service. Initial Green Dot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Green Dot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Green Dot. Discuss the issues you have had with Green Dot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Greendotprepaid locked card

I got a greendot prepaid card and loaded my rent money 200$on it went to pay my rent online and it said incufeicent funds calls greendot they tells me direct tv took my money off I told them I didn't authorize it they tell me I have to put in a dispute I put one in my dispute number is 17720019direct tv sent me my statement yesterday said my payment was reversed meaning greendot took my money back called them they told me that I had to submit my i'd at greendot com/documentupload that was a week ago everytime I call my card it says card blocked documents uploaded wasn't legible wtf y'all [censored]es better get it together and give me my [censored] as i'm writing this complaint i'm waiting for someone to answer greendot customer service sucks been on hold for 27minutes now keeps saying they epericing high call volume?? I bet they is keeps taking people [censored]

• Te
      TeresaMills Sep 03, 2018

Unlock my account [protected] my son has cancer I can't get my money to get meds for him My new address is not on my ID but 206 Robinhood road Taylor's sc 29687

Green Dotstolen money

I have gotten 115.00$ stolen from my account f on dollar general, nue Mart, and frontier airlines some one had my card and I have the new card now and want my money back on my card. Some one has been using my card and I did report it lost or stolen when I looked on my app and saw all the money tooken out. My case number for this is [protected] I have five dollars on my account but cannot access it.

Green Dot Moneypakmoneypak

I purchased a moneypak card and loaded 130.00 fro. Circle k and less then 60 seconds after i purchased this card my money was gone. I filed a fraud claim and it was denied stating the funds had been used and i gave the card information to someone else. I have used this card for the past 5 years and never a problem i will be contacting a lawyer this was all the money i had.

moneypak

Green Dotdidn’t let me keep my account for my 1st problem with activation.

It's all good when you don't have problems! The problem I have is it's takes 7-10 days for a stopped transaction! Come on now what if that came out of rent money you can't even get your money back that day! Second I been a customer for years I request new card because my old one was faded. I get it follow the sticker instructions on it and it didn't activate I tried it again then it blocked me. Told me to send in an ID that will take 2 days to confirm...what!!!
        I do it then y'all tell me it's not varified and that I can't direct deposit no more or upload any money to it. Basically after all these years 1 f&ck up on activation I can't bank with them no more. Over a missed activation for a new card. F&ck greendot the specialist didn't help me when I told her what happens what do y'all have employees for to give out bad news on how you got to wait for your money or they don't deal with you no more!!! Worse f$ckin bank help I ever had they treat there system like it's skynet!!! Somebody made the system but you have nobody to override in serious situations. Called my lawyer for y'all! Customer don't care line what you should call it.

Greendotprepaid card

My card was stolen an I reported it immediately and filed a police report an contacted greendot an reported my card stolen an disputed the charges i did not make. After a week Greendot denied my dispute even after I emailed a copy of the police report and dispute form. I have also contacted the better business bureau an the FDIC AN THE Visa corporation because Green Dot does not comply with it's card holder agreement on unauthorized charges on stolen cards if Greendot doesn't want to stand by their card holder agreement I will seek legal action by whatever means necessary

MoneyPakgreen dot moneypak card

I purchased a Green Dot MoneyPak card and attempted to set up an account on their website at MoneyPak.com as instructed on the card. The first 5 times I attempted to set up the account it gave me an error and would not allow me to set up an account. Since this is the only way to get the money off of the card, and I was unable to do so, I submitted a fraud report on their website. I had to enter the MoneyPak card number for the fraud report. After that I was suddenly able to set up an account and then when I put in the MoneyPak card number it said it was invalid. I received an email in reply to my fraud complaint saying MoneyPak is not liable because I gave the card number to someone. I did not give the card number to anyone. They basically took my $500 and are refusing to reimburse it. There is no phone number at which I can call them. The only recourse I have is to mail them a letter. I attempted to lodge another fraud complaint but you have to enter a MoneyPak card number and when I entered it, it again said it was not valid. I still have the receipt. I have no idea where the money went as I didn't give the card number to anyone except the MoneyPak website.

Green Dotmy greendot card I purchased

I just want my money back i have a copy of my receipt that what i paid for and it wouldnt let me load it on my card and had me to ask for a refund and i did never receive a refund of a $100.00 and $150.00 i just want my money back because i payed my money for the cards that wouldnt let me load so im just asking for all my money that i purchased from the store if not i would go into further action thanks elisher irons

my greendot card I purchased

Greendot.comblocking my money

Two weeks ago today my paycheck was deposited to a GreenDot.com card through direct deposit. They CLAIM you get your paycheck two days earlier by using their card. The card was in Renee's name because of an issue with my bank where I had to close my account. I called to verify the funds were there (not two days early as promised) and customer service said the money was blocked. They told me we needed to verify identity of the cardholder and the person on the check. So I emailed a copy of our drivers licenses as requested and both Renee and I spoke to them on the phone. They said it would take 2 days to review the documents. Fast forward 7 days...still the account was blocked. Mind you when I called back to find out what was going on the customer service number gave nothing but a recording stating "we see you have called several times about this account and there has been no change. It takes two days to review documents" and then it would hang up on me!!! I COULD NOT GET THROUGH TO A LIVE PERSON!! Finally I resorted to their facebook support page. I got a message back stating they now needed a copy of my check and the direct deposit form and again was told it would take 2 days to review the documents. Fast forward 12 days and STILL NO MONEY AND NO WAY TO TALK TO SOMEONE!!! It has now been 2 weeks and they still have my money. I messaged them again and demanded they send the money back to the ranch. This time I was told in order for them to do so they would need a letter on company letterhead requesting the money be returned AND it would take another 10 days to process!! STILL AM UNABLE TO TALK TO A LIVE PERSON!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! Never trust GreenDot.com!!!

Green Dotprepaid card

My Name is Eva Leija Ruiz
                  I, am having most horrible nightmare with Green Dot services.  Not only did this company make the error. It  has caused physical and mental health issues due to green dot  error.  Because of fault of Green Dot, I am facing late charges for rent, unable to provid groceries for my kid's.  All my money is on a new card that is blocked.  I sent a copy of my IDENTITY  11 times. On greendots uploads and a email provided to me and a number to be used in the email I need my money.  I have been lied to several times by customer services,   by so called corporate supervisor.  This is truly outrageous how this company takes advantage of customers. They decide what to do with our personal money while waiting for the new card that keep in  mind has a GOT DAM block on it. This company should be sued . My income tax money was deposited my personal income.  Green Dot services are horrid.  Not only has this issue caused so many problems an I face losing my job an hurting my family. I am an will file a complaint against your company an will be getting an ATTORNEY to sue the [censored] out of GREEN DOT  for damages caused.
                  I  want my money get this block removed from the card today. Someone needs to contact me ASAP. Like today!!

Green Dotinitial $200 for secured platinum card not available!

I don't know if this message board gets anything done or not, but I just opened a secured Platinum Card with Green Dot over the weekend. I provided the $200 opening deposit requirement directly from my bank, which went through immediately. Upon checking my Green Dot account online, the $200 is there, but not available for me to use. I have the card they sent me, but through all the phone prompts, they say the card is invalid and there is no live human being to talk to! I'm so frustrated right now, and wish I had never trusted this company in the first place. I'm now having to hand write a letter to their customer relations department because they do not have email, and using their phone numbers is futile. Don't put your money in Green Dot! Total rip-off and egregious illegal activities!. Not sure if I'll ever see my $200 again!

• Cl
                        Clee Degidio Sep 06, 2018

i dont know if i want to take a chance on this company when i have read all the complaints i think they should hire me to address the complaints and i surely would take care of all the complaints and bring this company in good standings. As i can see out of 4ooo and then some complaints and a willing attorney that wants anyone and everyone with complaints with green dot to contact him i dont see why some of you haven't gone that route . ? i had read the outcomes of other (prior im sure now) green dot customers that have received payment and then some. It shows that this company does not care about their customers and takes advantage of people. They need to clean their [censored] up and honor what's being said about green dot i know they dont care their self centered greedy thieves, and have put thousands of consumers in harms way by not adhering to their own contract "not ours" or "yours" and that is why they don't have live customer service reps who in their right mind knowing what kind of company does this and would want to come to work and hear nothing but how this company took someones rent money or funds period. I would be pissed the hell off too. People you need to contact your attorney general in whatever state you live in and if your able to let them know how many thousands of consumers they have stolen from then they will look into it also the bbb file a complaint it only takes 5 minutes i think it's worth you getting a result instead of writing in here what they have done to you and having no result at all.

Green Dotload & go card

I purchased green dot load & go card of $100 in July I just opened it today I wanted to order something online and it didn't go through I called Rite Aid & was told they just sell the card i called green dot @ all of their numbers and all i got is a machine it seems to me they both are in this new way of stealing people money together & spilt it how Rite Aid selling this product knowing you will not get your money they are quick to tell you one time fee just to make it sound good knowing good & well they stealing cuz I didn't say they can borrow my money I should get my money and be able to use it when I want yes I am very upset I want my money today no they can't borrow my money give it back now today

load & go card

Green Dotmy account was closed without my permission

I've been unable to get my two direct deposit because your bank closed my account without my permission.

I will be arriving at your office by Thursday this week with few of my colleagues, with the local news agencies and placards.

They will surely know your bad customer service. I promise you.

Just so you know who is sending this message.

Gabriel from zipcode 95391

Leonett Aug 13, 2018

17560070my is Leonett Ray I like to know I have a old Walmart moeny card account need to be unblock for the so I can I put moeny on to my new on my new card account please

Leonett Aug 13, 2018

@Leonett Here is id

Green Dotcards

I had my Green Dot Card blocked for months. Finally unblocked yesterday after going through new unblock process online. Got my account. I turned in my name, card number and $30 processing fee. My card was unlocked and I'm getting $50 from Green Dot and no monthly fees for two months. Hope this helps you guys.
                          I went here

• Updated by Tina Ashe · Aug 11, 2018

I went here and got my card unlocked

Green Dotreloadable green dot card

I bought a Green Dot reloadable card specifically to have my taxes deposited on. They could not send me my personalized card because I lived where mail could not be delivered so I had a PO Box. Since my husband committed suicide in October it gave me problems with taxes. After waiting 3 to 4 months on my taxes they finally accepted. I called Green. To tell them my taxes will be deposited by the 8th of August. It was August 6th when I called them and told them this information. I called on the 7th just to see if possibly taxes could have been deposited early. That's when I found out they blocked my card. Not one word nothing and there's not been any activity to my account cuz I've been waiting on my taxes. That's the only reason I bought this card was to have my taxes put on it and after waiting forever now I have to wait again and I can't get ahold of anybody they will not answer no phone so you just get a computer. I did submit my ID like I was supposed to and still nothing. I need my tax money ASAP I've been waiting on 2 dang long. Please help.

Sincerely,
                            Cricket Smith

Green Dotprepaid visa green dot card

Today (August 7th 2018) after work I bought a prepaid visa Card and tried to set it up and the automated voice tried to tell me that they could not verify my information. It then proceeded to tell me that I could not use the card again besides the $20 that I put on the card and it won't even let me use that to pay my Hulu. I am upset because not only did I waste the money buying the card I also wasted the money I put on the card that your company will not let me use in addition to the fact that you guys don't even have a costumer service representative to fix the issue. I would like someone to assist me please.

Green Dot Moneypakmoneypak

I bought a moneypak card on 8/1/2018, I attempted to load the card and it gave me a error message saying it couldn't be completed at this time to try again later. After several attempts it locked up the card. I called green dot support gave the rep my moneypak number social security number etc. After 10 minutes of nothing she said that in 24 hours I can try again. I checked 4 hours later and the moneypak was used. This rep stole from me and now I have filed 2 fraud claims, contacted the police and still nothing yet. Do not use there service or products.

Green Dotmy money

On a June, the 3rd 2018 I brought a green dot money card to reload my card and it wouldn't let me it ask me to get refund and they did not send me a refund and i want my money heres a copy of my receipt .my name is elisher irons belfoure, my last name changed, since, I order the card which was elisher irons at that time so if you all could, refund my money back .thanks elisher irons Belfoure

my money

Green Dotwalmart moneycard

This complaint is regarding multiple interactions with this company and it's poor customer service. My fiancé called on 06/21/2018 to order a new card for his broken one. During this phone call we were assured that we would be able to have access to our account as well as any funds that would become available, as well as request for this card to be expedited. not only was this untrue but there was a block put in the account. We called regarding an email received about suspicious activity in the account and encountered a very rude representative who ultimately hung up on us after sayin we just needed to wait to receive the card. The card has been received and the ID verification was sent and received, when we accessed the online account to check the balance which we were expecting to be over 1, 000.00 usd, we were shocked to see a -3.00 balance on the card since we were expecting a deposit to have occurred on Tuesday. The representative we spoke with stated that the Direct Deposit Information would be the same and that if a Deposit had been applied to the account. Payroll has already been processed and we reached out to his employer to see if there was a paper check for him and there wasn't. So the funds are not in the bank nor at his office in paper form, as a result of this HUGE inconvenience do to misinformed customer Care Representatives and pure unproffessionalism my fiancé's cell phone has been disconnected and our Dish has been disconnected as well. All of this could have been avoided had we been advised of the correct information in the first place. We have 3 children in this home and no way to access funds that should be available to us to take care of our family.

Leonett Aug 07, 2018

Walmart moeny card account [protected]

Leonett Aug 16, 2018

@Leonett Case number is [protected] I need my Walmart moeny card account unblock please

Leonett Aug 15, 2018

@Leonett I understand I need my Walmart moeny card account unblock so I can get my moeny off it please

Leonett Aug 07, 2018

@Leonett I need to unlock unlock my account before I replacement replacement card of Walmart moeny card

Walmart Green Dot Money Cardbeing mis treated! being lied to! being disrespected! doing/ wrongful handling my funds

I wrote a statement, a very long statement, the devil got 'Busy' I push the submit key with my recording video, and it exit me out, and earse my whole statement that I been working on for over an hour, making sure I use the right words to Express What Walmart Greendot MoneyCard has put me threw also to be Clear, and Understood on my Complaint and some how some way everything i wrote got erase! My Heart Is Hurting, I'm Sorry! That I can't write down my Complaint at this time, Please forgive me! I submitted a recording video, I'm Very Grateful, Also Thankful for Y'all Time, Be Bless/ Good morning!

Green Dotfraud

Over the past 6 months I have had $760.48 stolen from me by someone buying I tunes with my account all unauthorized transactions which I was told woild be refunded by July 31 2018 now I am being told a decision will be made on the 29th of july 2018 I had called thw company several tines telling them these I tunes transactions were fraud and they continued with the transactions anyway, I just want my money refunded and I have already switched banks to fifth third bank where this wont happen ever again I want my money returned asap.

• Updated by Pythonmatt99 · Jul 24, 2018