Having problems with Green Dot?

3465 E Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, California
United States - 91107-6071
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Green Dot.

Complaints & Reviews

Green Dotreloadable green dot card

I bought a Green Dot reloadable card specifically to have my taxes deposited on. They could not send me my personalized card because I lived where mail could not be delivered so I had a PO Box. Since my husband committed suicide in October it gave me problems with taxes. After waiting 3 to 4 months on my taxes they finally accepted. I called Green. To tell them my taxes will be deposited by the 8th of August. It was August 6th when I called them and told them this information. I called on the 7th just to see if possibly taxes could have been deposited early. That's when I found out they blocked my card. Not one word nothing and there's not been any activity to my account cuz I've been waiting on my taxes. That's the only reason I bought this card was to have my taxes put on it and after waiting forever now I have to wait again and I can't get ahold of anybody they will not answer no phone so you just get a computer. I did submit my ID like I was supposed to and still nothing. I need my tax money ASAP I've been waiting on 2 dang long. Please help.

Sincerely,
Cricket Smith

Green Dotprepaid visa green dot card

Today (August 7th 2018) after work I bought a prepaid visa Card and tried to set it up and the automated voice tried to tell me that they could not verify my information. It then proceeded to tell me that I could not use the card again besides the $20 that I put on the card and it won't even let me use that to pay my Hulu. I am upset because not only did I waste the money buying the card I also wasted the money I put on the card that your company will not let me use in addition to the fact that you guys don't even have a costumer service representative to fix the issue. I would like someone to assist me please.

Green Dot Moneypakmoneypak

I bought a moneypak card on 8/1/2018, I attempted to load the card and it gave me a error message saying it couldn't be completed at this time to try again later. After several attempts it locked up the card. I called green dot support gave the rep my moneypak number social security number etc. After 10 minutes of nothing she said that in 24 hours I can try again. I checked 4 hours later and the moneypak was used. This rep stole from me and now I have filed 2 fraud claims, contacted the police and still nothing yet. Do not use there service or products.

Green Dotmy money

On a June, the 3rd 2018 I brought a green dot money card to reload my card and it wouldn't let me it ask me to get refund and they did not send me a refund and i want my money heres a copy of my receipt .my name is elisher irons belfoure, my last name changed, since, I order the card which was elisher irons at that time so if you all could, refund my money back .thanks elisher irons Belfoure

my money

Green Dotwalmart moneycard

This complaint is regarding multiple interactions with this company and it's poor customer service. My fiancé called on 06/21/2018 to order a new card for his broken one. During this phone call we were assured that we would be able to have access to our account as well as any funds that would become available, as well as request for this card to be expedited. not only was this untrue but there was a block put in the account. We called regarding an email received about suspicious activity in the account and encountered a very rude representative who ultimately hung up on us after sayin we just needed to wait to receive the card. The card has been received and the ID verification was sent and received, when we accessed the online account to check the balance which we were expecting to be over 1, 000.00 usd, we were shocked to see a -3.00 balance on the card since we were expecting a deposit to have occurred on Tuesday. The representative we spoke with stated that the Direct Deposit Information would be the same and that if a Deposit had been applied to the account. Payroll has already been processed and we reached out to his employer to see if there was a paper check for him and there wasn't. So the funds are not in the bank nor at his office in paper form, as a result of this HUGE inconvenience do to misinformed customer Care Representatives and pure unproffessionalism my fiancé's cell phone has been disconnected and our Dish has been disconnected as well. All of this could have been avoided had we been advised of the correct information in the first place. We have 3 children in this home and no way to access funds that should be available to us to take care of our family.

Leonett Aug 07, 2018

Walmart moeny card account [protected]

Comments

Leonett Aug 07, 2018

@Leonett I need to unlock unlock my account before I replacement replacement card of Walmart moeny card

Leonett Aug 15, 2018

@Leonett I understand I need my Walmart moeny card account unblock so I can get my moeny off it please

Leonett Aug 16, 2018

@Leonett Case number is [protected] I need my Walmart moeny card account unblock please

Walmart Green Dot Money Cardbeing mis treated! being lied to! being disrespected! doing/ wrongful handling my funds

I wrote a statement, a very long statement, the devil got 'Busy' I push the submit key with my recording video, and it exit me out, and earse my whole statement that I been working on for over an hour, making sure I use the right words to Express What Walmart Greendot MoneyCard has put me threw also to be Clear, and Understood on my Complaint and some how some way everything i wrote got erase! My Heart Is Hurting, I'm Sorry! That I can't write down my Complaint at this time, Please forgive me! I submitted a recording video, I'm Very Grateful, Also Thankful for Y'all Time, Be Bless/ Good morning!

Green Dotfraud

Over the past 6 months I have had $760.48 stolen from me by someone buying I tunes with my account all unauthorized transactions which I was told woild be refunded by July 31 2018 now I am being told a decision will be made on the 29th of july 2018 I had called thw company several tines telling them these I tunes transactions were fraud and they continued with the transactions anyway, I just want my money refunded and I have already switched banks to fifth third bank where this wont happen ever again I want my money returned asap.

• Updated by Pythonmatt99 · Jul 24, 2018

I would like my my $760.48 dollars returned asap

Green Dotwalmart money card

I have been using the walmart money card for years. I created a log in on the website 7-19. I had a few rewards dollars that I applied to my balance. I am still able to see my balance, but green dot bank has blocked my card and says that I can no longer have a card with them. I sent a uploaded picture of my i. D for verification as I was told. I am a hard working citizen that has to work for my money and I want it! I will not stop until I get it. I don't care how many attempts or who I have to talk to. I have called all customer service numbers and keep getting the run around. I am a well known person and I will spread the word if I don't get my money back!!! I don't care if I have to call the news. I'm highly pissed!

Green Dota green dot check that I cashed with the mobile app

I received a check from Green Dot because I purchased a moneypak card that didn't work so I decided to use the mobile app because it says that you will have your money the same day this was on 7/13/18 my check went through then it said that my money wouldn't be available till 7/20/18 so that's false advertisement so I'm looking at my transactions and realize that the monthly fee which is taken out every month is taken out on the 20th of every month my check for $40 and as of today my balance is negative $9.84 or something like that because of last months monthly fee so not only did I have to wait a week for my money now when it's deposited you guys are going to take half my check which is not right at all I'm not a person with alot of money and I have this prepaid card because it's pretty much the only card I can get and I needed that $40 check that same day and have to wait a week to get the $40 and even still I won't be getting the full $40 because if your outrageous monthly fee it's ridiculous I would like something to be done or I will be reporting you to the BBB thank you

Green Dothelp... placing hold on account and cancelling card/ no access to money for 5-7 days

My daughter is disabled and is on oxygen. My lights were cut off yesterday because green dot put a block on my card. I have no gas in my car and no food. In rushing i thought i lost my card, but then i found it in the back of my trunk where my healthcare supplies were. I didnt know that would block access to all my money. The customer service representative said he would send me a new card.

Green Dotvisa prepaid green dot card

Purchased a new card from Walgreens in Fort Lauderdale, Fl today and loaded it with $80 to use for Uber rides. Tried for over an hour to activate a new account. Finally was told by the automated system that they could not verify identity. Moved less than 2 weeks ago is probably the reason why. Can not reach a live person. Resorted to Facebook messenger in an attempt to resolve this issue but only get a message back that they can not verify identity and that the card can only be used for in-store purchases and is not reloadable. So I wasted the cost of the card and the load fee to put cash on a card only to be told it can only be used in person only. Totally defeats the purpose of purchasing a card. Absolutely no way to reach a live person to resolve this issue.
                      Seems like I have been defrauded at this point. Paid for a card and the service fee only to be told it can only be used in person .. it's a rip off and no one will even attempt to assist... can't call for an uber since they don't accept cash payments and taxi's are 3 times the price so now forced to WALK at night on dark roads in an unfamiliar town in an area that does not appear to be very safe.
                      The inability to even remotely show any sign of compassion has now placed me in perels way. Took my money and provided absolutely nothing in return except additional fees to retrieve my money from their system.

Green Dotblocking my account

This is nothing but a fraud everything that people were saying on this is true I'm still waiting on my money they're holding it hostage basically I've done everything they told me to do emails hundred times I've sent them in on the website I send ID social security card bank statements blood samples DNA and they still won't take [censored] and I'm getting ready to sue because this is [censored]

Ann2012 Jul 24, 2018

I will like unblock my account

Green Dota transaction posted to my green dot credit card on july 1st 2018 in the amount of $4.99 from checkmate that I did not make

My name is Jennifer Pullins & I have a transaction posted to my account that I didn't make in the amount of $4.99 from a place called checkmate. This transaction was not me, nor does anyone but myself have access to my GreenDot credit card! I called & spoke with a customer service agent & they said the only way to resolve this problem was to cancel out my card & send me a new card & the money would be on the new card, well I received my new GreenDot credit card today but there was no more put back on the card, I called customer service and the lady told me I had to fill out a dispute form, which leads me to writing you this letter, this is ludicrous, I just want my $4.99 back please I did not make this purchase & don't understand who did being as I am the only person with the card & noone has my CC number or my pin number! Please help me!

Green Dotgreen dot is unreliable

I have been getting my direct deposits sent to my green dot account for a year now and never any problems until three days ago. My direct deposit usually comes every Wednesday at 1 pm I was expecting it to come July 4 at 1pm but found out the day of that it would be a delay due to the holiday. Then they said it would be 1 business day until I received my funds ... still no funds. I have called almost several times in hopes to finding a solution to my issue but every time I'm greeted by a [censored]in Indian [censored] that tells me they don't see when my money will come. It's so frustrating and inconvenient because my bills are now late and I can't take care of my personal needs for my child. I will not be using them again after this pay period and I suggest everyone else stay away from Green Dot

Green Dotdebit card

My card has been blocked for 2 weeks. I have been unable to get to theoney that was direct deposited. They won't tell me what the suspicious activity was that caused them to block my card. I submitted docs on 2weejs ago and the rep today now tells us the docs are blurry--lies. They keep telling us it is still being reviewed and someone will call--lies. The last couple of days it has now been escalated and once again someone will call and no one has yet.

Green Dot Cardcustomer service

I had/have a green dot card, the black card which was the first one before they started charging all the fees for reloading/using it/just to have it. Don't really have a complaint about the card itself, I never had any problems using it and actually received my direct deposits 2 days before my pay day which was pretty convenient; reloading was pretty easy except dealing with the lines and walmart employees who were doing the jobs of tellers when they really have no idea what they are doing. Only complaint I have is their customer service is horrible!! I somehow locked myself out of my online account and could not see my activity. I tried the Forgot User ID/Password several hundred times and could not get it to work. So, last resort I tried calling the customer service number which I'd get some representative I couldn't understand well who would just tell me to click on the Forgot User ID/Password to reset. I tried to explain that it was not working for me but they would just tell me to click that, over and over again. Very frustrating, so after about 2 months of not being able to access my account to see my history and what was going on with my money I went and got a real bank account. I think my card is still active but I do not use it.

Green Dotdebt visa

I am not able to use any of your guys features because I don't have a computer I have a tablet that's not cheep and I also have high speed internet I can not get my pin to my card because I don't have a computer I am very furious and upset and feel that discriminated if I knew I needed a computer I woulf have never purchased and loaded my money on this card I feel helpless and very angry

Green Dotwalmart money card green dot

Walmart Money Card Green Dot holding my money on my card. have tried calling and emailing with same ole same ole automated service with no live person. my son made a mistake registering card that prevents us getting a real card. money is being held hostage and want to correct the error. as a military veteran this is a DISGRACE. tired of complaining

walmart money card green dot

Green Dotgreen dot cash bank prepaid card

I bought the card today (07/01/2018) at Walgreens. When I tried to call the number from the receipt I was give by Walgreens with the instructions to acrivate the card, I was told that I could only activate this card online. When I went to the website, it said that I had tried to activate the card too many times and that I had to wait 24 hours in order to retry to activatw it. I need my card active now! I put most of my money on the card for a purchase that I needed to make today! I ended up having to gwt another card from a different provider and pay another feesimply because I could not activate this card and could not reach a representative! I am begonning to rethink putting my direct deposit on this card!

green dot cash bank prepaid card
                                      green dot cash bank prepaid card

Green Dotblock on my green dot card

I bought a green dot card at rite aid in Coshocton ohio and put money on it well then i had my disabled son's social security income check deposited on it and instantly there was a block put on my account. I want the block removed from my card. I can not buy my son what he needs. If the block isn't removed i will have no other choice then to call and report my son's money stolen. Please remove the block before it comes to me reporting this company