schmmucknomore Mar 30, 2010

LBelle - You still don't get it.

WARNING? they put a warning becuase they are getting Paid by that company to do that to you. LOL They Love to rob that dough from you.

For real - That company is paying them to allow their links to be pushed onto their customers. Not chump change either.

For every customer that catches that ( Like you ) imagine how many don't!!! I'll bet it's in the HUNDREDS.

And even if everyone caught them, just think what the interest build up is BEFORE you actually get your money back.

Jobs are created by this too! Oh yeah, the call center people, the company posters, The sales guys that go around to the businesses to recruit new sites and get more people to screw themselves over, the bank transfers, Heck. this is not a Little 11.00 scam - it's a multi billion dollar corporate scam.

Do you get it now? It's not just this one company, it's Lots and lots of company names and it all stems back to one place.

I am Betting that one place is not even in the USA and also that it will never stop and no one will ever be prosecuted.

The Fed's could get this under control but they will not because No one really understands how much money is involved and all they can see is how much time it would take to bust these crooks down for an 11.00 scam.

• Ri
    Richard Casserly Mar 30, 2010

The are crooks, plain and simple. It happened also to me for the 3rd time and all BofA could say is that they would remove the charges.. I asked if they were security problems with the bank where anyone could just charge an account without authorization. The lady then said, like an idiot.. "they are one of Bank of Americas marketing partners".. I then said.. so you are apart of this scam... silence ... Then she responded, "the charges will be removed sir" I then said, you do that and also close all of my account while you are at it.. F-ing thieves!!!

THE END.

• Lo
    Lovettwl Mar 29, 2010

I called Great Fun, you can get their number on your Bank Statement next to the amount that they charged you. After several calls and the run around, (don't give up, make the calls) and faxing them a letter that they request, I did get a full refund. So, you need to call and fax them at the very least, the sooner the better. Good Luck! I'm so relieved that I got my money back.

• Lb
    LBelle Mar 29, 2010

There are many companies involved--Great Fun mentioned Walmart.Macy's, hotels, etc.. My charges were through Shoebuy who said I checked a box that saying I agreed with the terms of the purchase. I asked if the terms said they could give my credit card number to another company. They had no answer. My credit card company said it was well aware of the scam--so how come they don't send a warning letter? For the companies and the credit cards to tolerate this sort of backdoor thievery they must be getting something out of it. Cancel your credit card if you don't get satisfaction. We will and we won't order from Shoebuy again.

• Lb
    LBelle Mar 29, 2010

There are many companies involve--Great Fun mentioned Walmart.Macy's, hotels, etc.. My charges were through Shoebuy who said I checked a box that saying I agreed with the terms of the purchase. I asked if the terms said they could give my credit card number to another company. They had no answer. My credit card company said it was well aware of the scam--so how come they don't send a warning letter? For the companies and the credit cards to tolerate this sort of backdoor thievery they must be getting something out of it. Cancel your credit card if you don't get satisfaction. We will and we won't order from Shoebuy again.

schmmucknomore Mar 28, 2010

here will be your problem,

You did authorize it, You just didn't realize it. I do not know how many other sites allow these blood suckers to get you like this but it seems the places you buy discount plane tickets allow them. well, more than that, i am sure they are being paid to allow them to advertise on the site.

For instance, Price line - while you are buying the tickets you have chosen - after your CC info is in the priceline site - it will ask you if you would like 50.00 off your price thru a rebate.

all you have to do to get it is try this free trial service! Of course you do. 50.00 is a lot of money - what a great deal!!! but the catch is you have to cancel that service before you get billed or you will get billed discretely every month.

also you have to print out that rebate form - or hope that they send you one ( don't hold your breath on that ) then you need to send that form back in with the itinerary from your flight ONLY AFTER THE FLIGHT IS DONE!

if you forget - they just keep billing away.

• Ur
    uranium31 Mar 28, 2010

I just found out that Great Fun! has been charging my card 14.99 on 3/27, 2/27, 1/27 and 12/29. God only knows if they've done it longer. They are closed on the weekends, I just tried to contact them. I will call them tomorrow and I will also contact my bank about fraudulent use of my debit/credit card. I'm going to see if the bank can go back further to find if I've been ###ed even more. Sounds like we all need to sue Great Fun!

schmmucknomore Mar 28, 2010

YUP - Priceline. you signed up to get a 50.00 rebate didn't you. Yes you did.

don't lie about that, if you didn't know that you did, then you just were not reading. You clicked a 50.00 rebate for your tickets then agreed to try the service for 30 days. you didn't cancel it and you probably forgot all about sending in the information to get the rebate check.

it's a real check - and you can cancel before they bill you. It's a lot of hoops though and you have time lines. they ( Trigilent ) I think that's the name of the company that is rich from you, count on the fact that 11 bucks will not be noticed and that you will forget all about them.

I know how to get my 50.00 every time I fly - but most people do not take the time to read it so the check comes in. and they end up paying 11 bucks a month forever. for a bogus coupon service.

• Cy
    Cyncan Mar 28, 2010

My husband noticed the following charge on our bank account: CHECK CRD PURCHASE 03/24 TLG*GREATFN. We thought it was part of our time share but found out it was not, and we had been charged each month since August 2009. We contacted the bank and they told us to call the number listed with the charge. Since it's now the weekend they are closed. I'm so glad I found this site. I intend to call on Monday and demand a refund, and I will also contact the BBB, FBI fraud dept and our bank..again. I will post the results when I have contacted the company about our refund. I can't believe there have been posts for almost 3 yrs and nothing has changed. What ever happened to the class action suits? We need to get laws to regulate companies who operate through scamming memberships on the internet. We never received information on what the company is or what services they provide. We believe they got our card # from a plane flight my husband purchased through Priceline. I intend to let everyone I know about this scam and warn them against using Priceline. Thank you to those who left info on how to handle this!!! We don't have to be victims!!!...Cyn from California

• Cl
    Clarkin Mar 26, 2010

I have had monthly charges of $17.00 per month charged to my credit card afte I booked a hotel on priceline.com. How do I refund my money. I never agreed to purchase this membership.

• Bl
    bletonly1 Mar 18, 2010

My credit card was charged 159.99 on Feb 2 and again 159.99 on Feb 18 I will file a lawsuit if the funds are not reimbursed this is not a f-----ing joke and I did not authorize any such membership to any such company and I am pressing charges

• Ar
    arynix Mar 15, 2010

Also "Elite Excursions"

• Ar
    arynix Mar 15, 2010

No money back- I canceled the bank account.

• Sp
    S Pietrone Mar 14, 2010

I can't believe that the US attorney general hasn't shut this company down! I am so embarassed that I was charged for a year! I travel a lot and use my debit bank card (this is what great fun was charging) for meals, etc. To see a $12.99 charge was not unusual. I also have a gym membership that pays bi-weekly $12.60 or something, so it didn't alarm me.

I was actually looking at my bank statement online and noticed on the pending charges that another merchant who I actually did buy from, charged my debit card twice. Luckilly, this great fun was in with the pending charges.

The bank cancelled my debit card and issued a new one, they also told me that a note has to be entered on my acct that recurring monthly charges will not be rolled over to the new card. Make sure that you get this stipulation when you close your card!

I was given the phone number of great fun from the bank. The bank immediately credited me 2 months, but that is as far back as they go. When I called great fun, they said that I signed up from classmates.com. I said that I absolutely did not. They said, "We have documents to show that you did." I said that I would like to see those documents. They said they would cancel my membership, I was given a cancellation number. They said that I would only be credited 2 months over the phone and I was given a fax number to send a letter to request the rest of my money back [protected].

I faxed a letter listing the exact amount of fraudulent charges. I explained that I wanted a refund/correspondence within 7 days or I was going to the Attorney General. So far, no refund, except the 2 months from my bank, but I stopped the bleeding. I still have to contact classmates.com. I cancelled my membership about a year ago from them.

Has anyone else been successful in getting their money back? Has anyone thought of contacting an attorney for a class action lawsuit?

S. Pietrone

• Da
    david c darr Mar 12, 2010

They are a big time scammer they hide behind other offers that you dont get just to sell magazin ( well at lest thats what they did to us ) They took money without us knowing anything about it . We said yes to gas cards and ended up with 6 or 7 people taken money out of the account and great fun was one of them.

• Lo
    Lovettwl Mar 08, 2010

I just found out today while going through my account that "Great Fun" has been making monthly charges ($12.95) to my account without my permission or knowledge for 7 months. I called Great
    fun and they told me I filled out a promotional coupon with "Current-USA" and gave me their phone number and web site. I called Current USA and they've never heard of Great Fun. I called Great Fun back and thier supervisor just argued and couldn't answer questions. I had never heard of Current USA either until today. It's all obviously a scam. They are supposed to refund me 4 months worth of bogas charges. I have to write them a letter requesting the other 3 months...This should be illegal, somehow these bogas companies are getting our information and tapping into our accounts and nothing is being done about it or preventing it either. SCARY!

jaybob Mar 01, 2010

THIS IS A REPOST..THIS IS HOW TO GET GREATFUN OUT OF YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!

These are the steps I took!

My next steps:

I will be calling my lawyer, just to give him a heads up that we may be coming into some money

I will be calling AND filing complaints against these jerks with the Attorney Generals offices (consumer complaints department for any interested) in the following 3 states:

Illinois (where I live..you can do the same in your state)

Connecticut (this is where the main hq for the company is)

Tennessee (where this Great Fun place is)

I will be filing these complaints against not only Trilegiant, but also Great fun and Travelers Advantage to cover ALL bases, just to make sure I get em all.

FORGET THE BBB...those days are over..they laugh at stuff like that...GO STRAIGHT FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE!

This is straight up FRAUD giving my name, address and credit card information to their subsidiaries to start memberships up.

Here is the list of the Trilegiant companies..watch out for them!

AutoVantage [protected]
    Netmarket.com [protected]
    PrivacyGuard [protected]
    Shoppers Advantage [protected]
    TravelersAdvantage [protected]
    Travel ER 1-800-E-Assist [protected])

Hope this helps ya all out!

• Na
    Nahum Feb 22, 2010

I was also scammed by Great Fun after Collections, Etc. sent me a check that was supposedly a credit to my account. I have been making purchases from Collections Etc. for many years and didn't think they would be partners in such a scam. I was totally betrayed and it's harder for me to trust any company, especially if it is not one that is widely known or long standing. These extortioners obviously don't care who they rip off in this tough economy. I'm truly appalled at the selfishness that has consumed those for whom I hope will pay a bigger price for their greed. I'm determined to pursue this matter legally.

• Jh
    Jhiester Feb 08, 2010

My husband was going through our bank statements and found 2 months of charges of $11.99 from TLG Great Fun. I got the 800 # from the above posts and immediately made the phone call to find out who, what, and why they were charging us. I spoke with a very nice and cooperative guy named Christian. He told me they had started billing us because of some rebate we agreed to when purchasing movie tickets through Fandango. I told him I remembered the rebate offer, but declined to accept it. He apologized and arranged for our account to be refunded. We've learned our lesson when it comes to really checking our statements each month.

jay crawford Jan 29, 2010

I am a peployed soldier and i know for a fact my wife called an canceled the membership but they still charged us

• Sh
    Sharon Maile Jan 24, 2010

I have been charged for this Great Fun for the past 2 months $15.99. I did not order this it has put an additional fee on my account for overdraft.

• Bc
    bcwywf Jan 20, 2010

To MichelleAnne,

If your card is a Credit/Debit card then they have your actual bank account number and are posting the charge manually. We had this problem months ago. After having the Visa Check card reissued with a new number 3 times we finally realized that they must have the bank account number. We closed the bank account and opened a new one. The charges finally stopped. Good luck!

• Mi
    MichelleAnne Jan 16, 2010

TLG has been charging my account $11.99 for five month before my husband asked me about them. I contacted my credit card company and reported the fraudulant charges on my account,
    Citi bank refunded me all the charges and sent me a new card with a new number.. Now this months statement had all the credits, and a new charge from Great Fun. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS? Why are these people still in business and allowed to access our credit card accounts with out our permission. HOW DID THEY GET MY NEW CREDIT CARD NUMBER ??

FRAUDULANT COMPANY ACCESS TO PERSONAL CREDIT CARDS. HOW MANY THOUSANDS ARE THEY MAKING DAILY ..

• Sh
    shoemaker92946 Jan 16, 2010

I was charge on my bank account for Great Fun 11.99 a month. I went through the Fraud Section of the bank. I didn't sign up for this. Now I received a bill from this company. I am taking it to the bank on Monday to see if they could do something about it. Then I will take it to the District Attorney to file a complaint. I hope this will take care of this. I hope that the law will do something about it.

• Al
    AlvinOoi Jan 15, 2010

Same experience here!! The company is at 100 CONNECTICUT AVE NORWALK CT [protected]
    Now I have to call my American Express Card to resolve this issue...

sarapalin4us Jan 15, 2010

call 1-900 TEABAGMYNUTS to get a refund

• As
    A Soto - Brazil Jan 15, 2010

I would like repeat every word!
    Happended to me as well they claimed that i signed up for services when i purchesed tickets on expedia. They begain billing my card for a mounthy charge of 11.99 i called my credit card company and cancled my card then called great fun and they credited me the charges no questions asked. Fraud company they are part of a larger company who is owned by a even bigger one. Attempted to file complaint with BBB but very frustrating because one address was linked to another then to another.
    A Soto - Brazil

• Ro
    roth Jan 14, 2010

ancd74 Dec 26, 2009

This company is a faxe company, they charged my account $12.99, I never bought anything from this people, and they are a scam.

12/23/09 POS TLG*GREATFN8715304, [protected] CT REFID:169... -12.99

This is the charge that appears on my bank statement showing the charge of $12.99, I have already call my bank and complain about this company, my bank is going to return me the money and start an investigation on this people.
    Please if you see charges from this company call your bank or credit card company as soon as possible and report this scam and have them block or have a different credit card with a different number, and I'm pretty sure this company is not a United States base operated company.

Sally D HOpe Dec 26, 2009

I was charged 12.99 and want a refund. I did not authorize this charge. Sally HOpe

• Cj
    CJA851 Dec 22, 2009

I've been having the same issue for a year now and I FINALLY called in about it because I don't know what i'm paying for!! They said they cancelled it and am suppose to be recieving a refund but we'll see...

• Di
    Diane Rudd Dec 17, 2009

I've been totally ripped off by this company, two times. Last year, I ordered some labels from Current Catalog and then all of a sudden I had charges on my account from this Great Fun place. This holiday, I see my checking account is overdrafted by $258 because of this Great Fun place. I ordered on video from Columbia House and I have a $36.99 charge from Great Fun and $245.00 in overdraft fees because this charge was not expected. I called and was told I would get my $36.99 back to me within 7 days.
    People, don't shop with Current Catalog or Columbia House.

• Ka
    Kathie Jor Dec 15, 2009

I just got charged $36.99 today and I need all the money in my account since I am moving to another state tonight. I called my bank. They said it had to actually post to my account before I could dispute it. To report fraud my card has to be closed out. I need my card to move to the new state. If this a scam (as I believe it is) I am concerned about it happening again. I don't know if I want to ever shop online again. It has been awhile since the last time. I haven't used cheaptickets for years. Who else could be "sharing" my card number? Does anyone know?

• Co
    CONCERNED 01 Dec 15, 2009

This company is back up to its old tricks again! I have been charged for the last 2 months and I finally caught it. Sadley I'm actually releived that this is a reacurring problem and I'm not the only sucker, "respectfully". I just still cant believe that this scam is still going on, WHO is working on bringing these people DOWN?!?!? If my tax dollars pay for anything it should be to bring SOB's like this down! PLEASE BBB TAKE THESE SCAMES DOWN AND LOCK THEM UP

scraps Dec 11, 2009

I've been a victum as well. I was charged 149.99 and when I called for a refund, the rep told me that I was eligable for a 112.00 refund and when asked why she couldn't tell me so she put me in touch with the "supervisor" who immediately told me a full refund would be sent. I asked for proof that I signed up for this and she was going to mail be a copy of the 'check'? not sure what this is but I've cancelled my credit card. SCAMMERS

Mary Purcell Dec 08, 2009

I would like to get with some of the scammed individuals and file a fraud class action suit against this company

marcoAntonio Nov 29, 2009

this company took money from my account without my knwolegde pleasee someone help me i mean i never authorize such thing the took 39.95 i called my bank and they say i have to wait til the money is transfer to start doin the investigation

• De
    Debi32348 Nov 25, 2009

I, too, am being charged for this Great Fun thing as well as another one that came with it called Traveler's Advantage...called five times so far and have received NOTHING in return!!! Will continue until my account is credited!!! I NEVER signed up for anything...Unbelieveable!

• Ne
    New Haven customer Nov 19, 2009

The bad TLG -great-fun charge my credit card without my authority. Damn this company. How can they get my credit card number and how can they still survival with so many complain. Is there anywhere we can let it crash down or get caught?

• Li
    littledancer Nov 15, 2009

check your computer for viruses we just paid a bunch of bills on line and now we have the charge to we think we may have a viruses on ours.we have not paid any bills over the phone or done any infomercials