Having problems with Great Fun?

6 High Ridge Park
Mail Address
P.O. Box 41248, Nashville, TN 37204-1248

Complaints & Reviews

Tlg Great Fun 800 - 290 - 8603 — charged my credit card fradulently

I was going through my credit card transaction details when i suddenly noticed that one of name Tlg great fun...

TLG Great Funbe careful

Over the past several months I have been getting charges of $11.99 on my credit card by a company called Great Fun. Never heard of this company never received anything from them. Turns out when I booked a trip with Priceline there was a fine print scheme that had this company Great Fun receive my credit card info and bill me every month for $11.99. Supposedly I was to get coupons or something. Never did. Paid over $100 to this company though. Looking around online it seems that there are many other people having this problem and talking to one of their representatives it didn't seem like this was out of the ordinary.

• Do
      Doug Nov 21, 2008

Call the company at [protected] and you will speak with a run of the mill service rep on a script. Cancel your account, once your sure your account is cancelled ask to speak with a manager. The service rep will give you a line about faxing a letter requesting refund to the provided fax number, this is B.S. hence the request to speak with a manager. Make sure that you are documenting names and employee numbers so there is no doubt in their minds you mean business.

The supervisor/manager has the ability to process a refund electronically while on the phone and will give you a confirmation number for the refund. It takes 7-10 business days and showed up in that timeframe in my case. If they don't you should have names and employee numbers for everyone that promised you something so you can go back and make heads roll big time if necessary.

TLG Shopper — no cancel

I CALLED TO CANCELL MY SERVICE WITH THEM ON APRIL 2 2008 WAS TOLD IT WAS TAKEN CARE OF GOT AN CONFORMATION...

Great Fun — great fun rip off

I cancelled the account they set up for me when I decided to get a $30 rebate on my Southwest Airlines Fair...

www.GreatFunSite.comnever signed up

I received emails about the company, which I sent to spam because I didn't recognize. I now today have received a membership card in the mail for the company and I NEVER signed up for anything.

I don't know how they got my information or if they have my credit card information. But I am livid.

I had to call the company and cancel a membership I NEVER signed up for so I wouldn't be charged and I am freaked out now because I don't kow if they have my credit card information.

• K
        *k* May 15, 2008

I also received a card I never signed up for. When I called to cancel, their operator was extremely rude. He kept talking without allowing me to talk, refused to answer my questions, and ignored numerous requests to cancel the card. He just kept repeating the benefits, blah, blah, blah... I DON'T CARE--I DIDN'T SIGN UP-DON'T WANT THEIR SERVICE-WANT IT CANCELLED!!! I still don't know how they got my information or if they're charging my credit card, but I will definitely be watching my bill.
        BEWARE OF THIS RIP OFF SERVICE!!!

• Sh
        Sheryl Billings May 22, 2008

They got it form Classmates.com at l;east that is where they got me, if that helps any...

• Ka
        Kayla Sep 29, 2008

I have never ever heard of this GREAT FUN co. but some how they know about me.I hope the don't charge me anything or I will be very upset! I don't even know how they got my information it a little strange.

• Ro
        Rogers Musakwa Oct 09, 2008

correct as entered

• Dr
        dr.derder Jun 15, 2012

we never sighed up

• Po
        polly caudill Mar 22, 2014

This is polly caudill again, , , I just called the number on the letter they sent to me, and i spoke to a lady by the name Sabrins- her # is 100173, , she said the great fun membership that i did not sign up for has be canceled and she gave me a comfermation # z144tyzk, , then i spoke to her supervisor her name is Mary Jones, she informed me that there was another membership that was added and it needed to be cancel also, Shopping something, i don't remember the whole name, , but she canceled that one as well she said, and the comfermation # on that one was s144tsx3, now I only posted these numbers so if you call them and they give you the same numbers then you need to get intouch with your BBB of your state and turn them in, , , as I told them that if they did not cancle this that i would turn them in Monday morning to the BBB of ohio, they canceled them right then no waiting, so if any money comes up missing from checking I will sue the pants off them. no second chances.

Great Fun — charged by credit card for 119. 99

Very interesting - I just looked over the weekend - had similar charges. I called them and they were closed...

TGL Great Fun — unauthorized billing!

I was enrolled in this scam without my permission when i renewed my subscription with classmates. I...

TLG Great Funfalse charge on credit card

Tlc great fun charged 119.99 to my credit card. I called them [protected]) to find out who they are. they offer a discount card service. I never use discount cards. would never purchase one. I asked them how they got my card number. they told me I registered online with them using my credit card. that is a lie, I haven't used that credit card in over a month. apparently after they get this initial charge on your card they continue charging monthly for thier service until you catch it on your statement.

• Ar
          Ar May 17, 2008

I got ripped off by TLG too. I have no idea when I purchase anything with them or subribed for any services. Today I noticed my credit card was charged $11.99. On checking statements from the previous months, I realized this was happening for the past 5 months.

• Pa
          PALWYN Feb 10, 2009

Last January, I helped my parents buy 2 round trip flight tickets from Tulsa (Oklahoma) to New Orleans (Louisiana) and back. I volunteered to do that because I knew Price Line website and buying tickets with them we would save about fifty dollars. I paid online for those tickets with my bank card. Everything was OK until last week when I suddenly found out that eleven dollars had been charged on my bank account for some unknown reason and by an unknown person. With my bank's help, I called to number [protected] to know who did that bad thing and what the reason was. The lady who talked to me from that phone number told me I was charged for my membership with something called "TLG Great Fun". It was the first time I heard that name and you can imagine how angry I got then. She also told me I joined the membership at the time I bought the flight tickets from Price Line! When I said I had never done something like that, I didn't know her "TLG Great Fun" and wouldn't like to have any relation with it, the lady promised to cancel that "membership" and give me a refund. I felt OK and calmed myself down to wait... Two days later, I received a "refund check" from "TLG Great Fun" with a tiny line at the bottom, "By cashing or depositing this check, you're purchasing a membership." If you were I, would you cash or deposit that check? Then, I had to cancel my bank card immediately! One more thing I know from my Dad, when you buy tickets with Price Line, you cannot use a self-check-in computer at the airport because the paperwork they mailed you will be with no confirmation number (record locator)!

The above is from a young lady and she's a graduate, working for the management of a software company. She was still tricked ! So, who would be ready to purchase something online if they couldn't use computers proficiently or argue in English? If you need to know more about the victims of "TLG Great Fun", just visit this web page:
          COMPLAINTS BOARD
          Our questions are:

- In what way, can bank card information be "transferred" from Price Line (http://www.priceline.com) to "TLG Great Fun" like that?

- Is "TLG Great Fun" working legally? How can we know who those people are? How can we help the victims get back their stolen money? How can we stop the risks happening to online business every day and blocking its progress?
          My Bukisa - My eHow - Free Discount Drug Card - Net Move On! - Coupons, part of family income! - No Boss Job - I'm American. - Viet-Americans

• Pa
          PALWYN Feb 10, 2009

How can we find some help from the police to put these dirty guys to jail ? They deserve such a place !

• Mp
          M Pomato Feb 27, 2009

YES, it is a fraude////be careful, they are charging my credit card each month for $ 12.99. I called to my bank to cancell that amount

• Sc
          Scamster Jan 07, 2010

These guys stick in fine letter some option under some travel website lite Hotwire or ORbitz.
          You need to call the above number [protected])) and get it canceled first and the contact support for the refund.

These guys will try to woo you with additional offers/rebates, but don't be fooled by that.

• Be
          beengot Mar 10, 2010

Ya they got me to for 9 payments of 11.99 a month. They went though the back door of another place that I give my card to. Becareful after you pay for something that you go click the wrong place giving them the approvel to get in on the tail.

• Lk
          lklein May 19, 2010

This place got me too. I thought it was something my husband was doing since he worked out of state a while and used the debit. Well when he came home we kept very good tabs on what each of us were using the debit card on. So I noticed this TLG great fun. I called and asked what it was. They said I went to this site called occassions.com and signed up. I went on that site and I have never seen it nor would I have bought anything from this site. I demanded a refund that I have yet to receive. So I went to my bank. The bad part is since I thought these charges were legit they got a ton of money out of me for like a year. I can only dispute up to 90 days with my bank. So I am writing a letter directly to these scammers to get my money back!

Priceline-great Funcannot cancel

I have called the priceline great fun number many times since march 11, 2008 and have always gotten a message "that call volume is so high they are un able to take my call and please call back later" so I am unable to cancel and they keep charging me the $12 per month. I cannot finf any access via web to stop.

• Je
            Jean Jun 10, 2008

Cancel whatever account they are withdrawing from and open another.

Greatfunsite — scam

Out of the blue I got an email from greatfunsite saying that I had signed up for their services. I knew that...

TGL Great Fununauthorized charges to my account

I looked at my account online and noticed a charge from tgl great fun for 12.99. I have never heard of this company until now and I have most certainly never given authorization to charge my account. I have no idea how they got my acccount #.

• Su
              Susan May 02, 2009

I just noticed a charge with a transaction date of 11/29/08 which just posted to my account yesterday, 5/1/09. I have no idea who TGL Great Fun is and have certainly never authorized them to charge my account, but I will not rest until they are called on the carpet. I intend to bring legal action against them, notify the BBB and anything else my attorney can advise. It is beyond me that my credit card company didn't question a transaction dated so far back and was only recently posted. TGL has what is coming to them from me.

TLG Everyday — unauthorized credit card charges!

I was able to contact tlg everyday for the unauthorized credit card charges of $11.99 and was able to stop...

Greatfunsite — can't get my name removed

I have NO IDEA how these people got my name etc., but when they contacted me to say that their rate was going...

TLG Great Funfraud charges!

In October 2006 my mother passed away suddenly, so I took over handling my father's bills. We paid off all his credit cards and put them away nothing has been charged on them since that time. Yesterday I got a statement from his Union Plus card showing a $99.99 charge to TLG Great Fun. I knew this was not his charge he is almost 80 years old and can barely walk. We called HSBC (Household Bank) that issued the Union Plus card and ask that this be investigated. They informed us we needed to call TLG Great Fun to discuss this charge and request a credit. My father called and they are associated with HOUSEHOLD BANK, HSBC, DIRECT REWARDS DISCOVER, ETC. Any card issued through HSBC, which is interesting since I have at least 4 cards issued to me from that bank. They send out checks which if cashed sign you up for this TLG Great Fun. Now although we have received these checks they have always been tore in half and throw out, they seem to take it upon there selves to add it to some cards anyway. As a group we should find out what can be done to stop this illegal scam and like other banks make HSBC pay everyone back.

• Ri
                Richard Jul 30, 2008

Great fun told me this was from an email for a $20 dollar rebate from Ritz Camera I singed up for but never gave my account number. I found the $12.99 on my bank statement. Called Great Fun then checked with Ritz Camera waiting on a repley.

Great Funcredit card billed after canceling!

I spent 3 hours going round after round with these jerks last week trying to get a "membership" canceled and my credit card credited. I had been paying for the "service" for 4 months. I didn't notice the charges until I received my March CC statement. This company is a band of out-and-out thieves and they don't care. But after all the grief, aggravation, being hung up on and cut off, they had the audacity to send me a membership card and and member number. You have to read ALL the fine print on the back to find out it's a trial membership for 30 days and if I don't cancel during the 30-day trial period, my CC will be billed monthly. Had I not gone through all I did last week and the, GREAT FUN! logo showing through the address window, I probably would have tossed the envelope without opening it. Right back to square one. These clowns have more balls than God. I want o emphasize, I DID NOT give my credit card number to these [censored]$; they got it from a 3rd party, Avon. Be extremely cautious even when dealing with a reputable company.

There is a website to go to, www.greatfunsite.com to cancel again. But I'm afraid to go there. If you see Great Fun or Trilegiant, the only key you want to hit is the "X" in the top right corner. If you receive anything in the mail, open it immediately, cancel it and don't bend over until you get your next CC statement.

Buyer Beware.

• Pm
                  PM MUSE Feb 18, 2010

Feb 18, 2010 I am presently trying to stop this 14.99 charge. Not sure when it started. We actually went ahead and contacted them for a trip to ARZ from Tx. They messed up our room reservations twice, first in wrong town and second wrong size room. NO help at all. I had rechecked reservations is how I found out before we got there. Then even after canceling room and saying we will just do it ourself, tried to pressure to keep on buying another service. I even told person I can only handel one problem at a time. Also not told till after you give your card info, if it is Debit that the amount will be tottally held against card even if you cancel, for many days. I big mess and a bad start for our vacation. Looks like a very bad run business out to trick persons every way they can. Im so glad I found this to tell MY STORY> BEWARE< CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT!
                  Patsy Muse Fort Worth TX

• El
                  elizabettys Dec 08, 2010

Please contact Freed & Weiss right away!
                  Hope this helps!
                  Best,
                  Elizabeth

Class action information follows.

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
                  Redcats USA
                  Pizza Hut
                  Movie Tickets.com
                  GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: [protected], or toll free [protected]

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
                  IdentitySecure,
                  CardCops,
                  PC SafetyPlus,
                  and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL [protected] CT."

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

Read More: http://bit.ly/eLGQTh

greatfunsite.com — scam under the guise of a $10.00 rebate after ordering bank checks

When I ordered new checks from Color Images it then went directly to the site Greatfunsite.comand offered a...

TLG Great Funtlg great fun-illegal charges

One day I was looking at my checking account statement and noticed a tlg great fun charge for $11.99. I did not authorize this charge let alone even know the name of this company. I called twice the # provided and was disconnected twice - third time go through spent 10 minutes convincing the person that I did not sign up for this and do want any part of it.
                Finally got a cancellation no.

The telemarketer stated that I signed up for this when I accepted an online rebate from the avon website - which I think I would have remembered the rebate and/or signing up for anything like this.

• Jc
                    JC Jun 16, 2008

Great Fun - No Fun

I totally agree. Recently, i canceled the account. Even after i canceled the account, they had been withdrawing 11.99 $ from my account monthly. I had call up couple of times and finally got it to cancel. I am waiting for the next month to see if it is really cancelled this time. I got really worked up and i lost my patience dealing with these guys as well as spending precious time for this ridiculous business practice of Great Fun. Great Fun is no fun and it has bad business practices, bad ethics...

TGL Great Funstealing your money!

I keep calling " Great fun" to refund my money and stop the monthly charges... offices are always closed! We are living out of the USA right now and how they even got our cridt/debit card number is beyond me... I did research online and looks like there is a connection with Chase bank??? Which I do have a regular credit card thru but, no charges on that card only my bank card... strange. Had to cancel my card and get a new one! Gladly though as this is some kind of scam and they will not get one more penny from me! I have been charged $11.99 for the last few months...

TLG*GreatFuntaking money from my visa!

This company, listed on my bank statement as; TLG*GREATFN70488645 (then has the month they take the money) has been taking $9.99 out of my account since Sept '07!! I thought it was something else and then was given wrong info from my bank regarding who was taking this. I now realize that it is a SCAM!! They have gotten $59.94 from me!!

I am blocking them from my account today. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! I will find out what I can do from my end. I read briefly somewhere that this has something to do with Buy.com. Please let me know what this is about smb!

Maureen Aug 15, 2008

I got it too, from Fandango

TLG*EvryDay — unauthorized billing!

I have been charged $11.99 per months in the past 8 months by TLG*EVRYDAY without providing any service...