Great Funcharged by credit card for 119. 99

R

Very interesting - I just looked over the weekend - had similar charges. I called them and they were closed over the weekend. So not only did they charge this month - they have been charging my credit card since January. I don't know how I missed it. So I called my credit card company and it's not being charged as revolving which mean monthly someone is entering my information from TLG*GREATFUN. I called them this morning, pushed zero and demanded to speak to a manager. After getting a speal from the woman on the phone about what great offers they can provide to me - BLA BLA - THIS IS A SCAM! Management credited my Visa for the last four months and said I would have to contact Corporate to reverse the other charges. Call them now... Great Fun - [protected] - and their Corporate Fax number is [protected].

• Yo
    yolanda peterson Jun 03, 2016

I am sooo angry right now with this company. I don't know why I received their membership card. I never requested it. I have tried all day to call their toll free number, only to be told due to the high volume of calls for me to call later. This is after they ask me for the membership number! I am calling my credit card company to tell them of this injustice. I can't believe this scam!!
    Yolanda Peterson
    Chino, California

• Te
    Terry Winfield Jun 03, 2016

We were also charged 35.99 on a credit card that we have not used for at least 4 months. How they got it I do not know. We have been hit by three different companies on our phone bill and at least two including this one on a Visa Card. Luckily I caught the Great Fun scam right away...called them...cancelled all future transactions and demanded a refund. They refunded it within days. I am absolutely amazed that companies like this are allowed to exist. CHECK YOUR PHONE BILL! The same stuff happens there. You have to fax copies of invoices etc to get refunded...ridiculous!

• De
    Devesh Shukla May 30, 2015

I have been wrongly charged twice $16.99 by Shoppers Advantages and Great Fun for their membership which I never took.

• 1skippy Mar 17, 2015

This site is not going to help you.

• Gr
    great fun Mar 17, 2015

I don't know how you got my name, but please take my name off your mailing lists. I am NOT INTERESTED. Thanks: Pat Marshall

MarkFS Sep 17, 2014

Biggest rip off ever. Called to cancel and not only did they not cancel but they put me on another subscription. Buyers beware this is a scam and a way to attach credit cards just low enough not to signal a withdrawal. .

mayapapian Sep 15, 2014

my name is maya papian and i recely went online
    to check my account then i saw a $16.99 charge from
    tlg great fun i would like how
    could get my money back? Also i was told that i can call on the 16th to cancel my account so i wont have a charge from a lady working there.

• Vi
    vicki warren May 17, 2014

I don't like it when people
    take advantage of others and I have no idea what i'm doing on this list. I ask that you take me off of it now and today and also i'm asking not to be charged anymore thanx vicki

• Ta
    TAWAII SMITH Apr 23, 2014

I was hit myself, with these folks taking money out my account that I did not say they could have but when CALL THEM THEY PUT THE MONEY BACK ON THERE FOR ME WITH TWO DAY .AND I SUPPOST TO GET $50 WALMART CARD I HAVENT GOT IT YET . MAD AS HELL BUT HAY TIERD OF SCAMERS REALLY

• Xa
    xaffinion Feb 25, 2014

hi this is __ from great fun. thanks for your interest in our special offer which is now even better. how are you today? were acctually going to double your saving to $100 cash back. that means you can get $50 cash back towards todays reservation and another $50 cash back towards your future reservation, and that is just for trying great fun...blah blah blah...

sounds familiar? yes ofcoarse..i was working with affinion and we handled great fun, travelers advantage, buyers advantage and shoppers advantage. when you book a flight from allegiant, cheap-o air and one travel, and or car reservation from dollar rent a car, thrifty and super shuttle there will be a pop up saying you will recieve a rebate for $20-$50. same thing if you purchase something online from gogotech and tiger direct.

THis is a scam account. they trained us NOT to disclose that aside from the base presentation there will be and upsell presentaton that the customer will never notice! so technically the charge is $2 for the 2 membership. part of our script stated that "after the first 30days of service for just $1, its currently only $16.99 a month. but remeber if you decide to cancel after your 30 days trial, just call the toll free number and you will not owe another dime" ofcoarse there will be no another dime bec you were charge $16.99 already!

if you guys want to hunt and stop this scam account, you can coordinate with fbi and nbi (philippines) and let them go to
    2nd floor 1880 bldg eastwood city libis
    the name of the company who handles the affinion account is THE RESULTS COMPANIES. it is being operated by mike the bald english speaking guy together with adam

• Ca
    carolyn zieba Feb 10, 2014

I too have been scammed. I'm a senior citizen & cannot afford to be taken advantage of. I did not sign up for anything & did not hear of this company till I received a packet telling me that I ordered it. And would be charged every month $16.99 . I can't have this .I need every penny I have.

• Te
    teresa mcdougal Nov 26, 2013

Same with me. They took $97.88 out of my account. I`m mad as hell. I`m calling cheaptickets and better business.

• Sw
    sweetsassy61 Aug 28, 2013

i was contacted by my bank because of several charges that were trying to be made . at least 20 of them i was told that they sell your card info to other companys in their scam and then charge you whatever they want. my bank account was froze and i went monday 8/26/13 and had to get another card. please check your bank statements because it not only great fun but shoppers and at least 30 others. they need to be stopped but how? good luck everyone maybe we can save more from making this mistake.

• Sw
    sweetsassy61 Aug 28, 2013

i also got a phone call from my bank about these charges.they sell your card number to other companys and i was told there were at least 20 other charges trying to go on my card from them if we can stop them lets do it. everyone check their bank accounts because it not only great fun taking money out of your account. my bank account was froze and i went and got another debit card.

• Wi
    WilliamzDayz Feb 16, 2013

Think TicketMaster - They advertise a rebate when you buy tickets. Good luck

Annette Gwynn Dec 12, 2012

I was almost a customer of Great Fun on 11-21-1912, until i really begin to see what was going on with this company. This company has a lot of false advretistments / false monies being taken from a person
    credit card and it makes no sense that we as consumers have to put up with this sort of mess. What makes it so bad is that places like, Consumer Protection, The Better Buisness Burea, etc knows of these scams and problems are continue to go on with this company- Great Fun.

sal weav Nov 26, 2012

This online company is charging my master card $12.99 EVERY month for something that I didn't authorize. They said they were affiliated with shoebuy.com and that this was some kind of rebate that THEY had signed me up for. They have a web site but you hit buttons and nothing happens. This is a foreign company using some German verbiage on their web page. I called the toll free phone number on my credit card statement. for TLG great fun and a women answered the phone with hello. She then explained the rebate and when I complained she put me on hold for 20 minutes.

redyugobandit Sep 11, 2012

Unfortunately what they do is quite legal, in fact I was surprised to find out that even B of A did the same basic thing with their new identity protection plan by offering a 30 day free trial membership then if you don't cancel after the 30 days is up then they automatically start charging your account so much per month. It is a very legitimate business tactic and I'm sure some people even like it, but you can count me out of that group!

• Sk
    SkyWill Sep 11, 2012

Great Fun just offered me a coupon deal. They said in the recorded telephone call that I would get the mail in cash back refund if I gave them my name, mailing address, and email. They mentioned nothing of a monthly fee. I clicked on their link from a ticketmaster website. I figured, "Hey, if they are an affiliate, they must be legit, right?" So I clicked the link and called them up. After I gave them my name, mailing address, email, and cell phone number, they wanted a $1 entry fee to get started in their membership program, with a $9.99 a month after the first 30 days. I said that this was contradictory, and he tried selling it to me 3 more times, and I said no thanks. I looked them up and found this site. I will be watching my credit card statements now like a hawk. Anyone filing a lawsuit against them should email everyone here!

• Hi
    Hinochi Sep 07, 2012

I'm 18 years and a newbie on debit card stuff.

I got scam when someone called me that I get something from the bank since it's a shopper's benefit. He said I get a gift card and a discount card for only a month. If the month pass, he would charge me 11.99 for the discount card. Then in 2 weeks, I get some Great Fun magazine which I was confused since I don't ever order anything dealing with discounts. Then I check my account and found that I was charged 2 dollars. Now I'm angry.

I'm going to the bank to block this company from taking money and reporting it as fraud.

• Bi
    bilder Aug 20, 2012

What suprise me is that this company has been active for at least 5 years (first post on this complaint board was Aug 2007). I got this "Great Fun" when I was booking a car through Dollor A Car rental service. The guy on the line speaked so fast and it's difficult for me to follow as I am not native speaker. I thought it's a one-time-off deal. What I am angry at is the car rental company. Why working with such "legal scam" company? I would not go back to Dollor A Car any more.

redyugobandit Jun 24, 2012

Only real idiot is Bobbyhill0808 who apparently doesn't know how to read!

• Bo
    Bobbyhill0808 Jun 23, 2012

You guys are all stupid, when you call in to great fun they give you a free rebate, then they offer you a 30 day 1$ trial which is 16.99$ after the first month, and then they offer you an additional membership with a 1$ 30 day trial that is 16.99$ after the first moth as well. If you just listens to their offer after the free rebate and you pay attention then you can decline the offer! Declining means no charges, but instead you sit there like a drone and go sure and hand out your info willy nilly like idiots! And if you don't want it don't accept it! And it's actually really easy to cancel, you just call the # they give you at the end of the call and say you don't want it! You don't have to send a notorized fax or get a lawyer, all you have to do is be fiscally responsible! People wonder why there is a recession it's because of the idiots who have posted in the first 28 pages!

redyugobandit May 16, 2012

Just read some of these entries Collen and you'll figure it out. Long story, short, they are a perfectly legal scam that offers a free 30 day trial membership BUT if you don't cancel it before the 30 days is up they start charging your credit or debit card various monthly amounts, usually $16.99 but it can be more if you join another of their so-called clubs. Be sure and read entry from "rob13" above.

• Co
    COLLEEN MCCLOSKEY May 16, 2012

WHAT THE HELL IS GREAT FUN ?
    MY BANK HAS NO IDEA.
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

• Ta
    TamuraL May 10, 2012

why is my card being charged i want it returned please ...we need to hang on to as much money as we can and this was unauthorized you can reached me @ [email protected] my name is Tammy

• Do
    Don't call me again please Apr 18, 2012

I too called to cancel my "membership". I am sure I received a call at home to a "trial membership" and if not satifactied all charges for memabership would be refunded for a whole year. When I called because there is NOTHING in this membership within 300 miles of my home or in my daily consumption processes. Well, I have paid thru and they can't refund and they are sending me coupons for $100 to use and a free Visa card. When coupons arrived, you guessed it: things no one would ever buy and my "membership" had to be effect for them to be acknowledged. It is too complicated for us old people too! I am going to call and have it cancelled AGAIN! I don't charge things like this on my CC because the rates are too high and I like to keep the balances where I can pay them completely every month.

• Ke
    KennyDiDacTic Apr 15, 2012

Until this momth, I was annoyed about a $16.99 charge appearing on my checking account. Couldn't locate a phone number. Even checking with my bank produced a dead end. Today! A possible phone number appeared instead of the normal gibberish. I dialed it. BINGO! The response was:
    "Thank you for calling Great Fun. Please hold while I transfer you to one of our customer service representatives." Here's the number in Connecticut: [protected]. Hours are 9 A.M. until 11 P.M. Monday through Friday.
    KennyDiDacTic

redyugobandit Apr 07, 2012

Very Interesting! Thanks Rob13! You won't get any better info than that from someone that actually worked at this scam outfit and knows the real in's & out's of the company(s)!

• Ro
    rob13 Apr 06, 2012

i usto work for great fun... and travelers advantage and shoppers advantage... its a big SCAM... i got fired couse i mentioned to anouther employee that i dont think what the company was doing was correct but since the company telemarkerters and operators are not located in the united states but in mexico.. or at asian companies they can pretty much fire u at the spot.. not like here in the united states.. when i was fired.. i was working for the compnay from the city if tijuana mexico.. which theres a company called TELVISTA which hires people who speak english that have been pretty much deported from the united states.. gives them work i was there working as i fixxed my immigration status for the u.s long story short.. if u wana be able to cancel this service make sure u call in and ask for a cancelation number for each one of the TLG travelers shoppers or great fun make sure u call all 3 services couse just if u cancel 1 dont mean the rest wont kick in.. its so stupid.. but this is how the company makes its money also NOTE this request to speak to a supervisor.. they gona try to picth the call just say no ty.. and insist in requesting to speak to a supervisor !! WHY u ask.. couse the supervisors are located in OHIO U.S.A and then ask them for not a refund of tha last month or 2.. as the operator just would want to refund u and is only authorised to return too u.. but if u ask the SUPERVISOR for a full refund of the amount since u been paying they have to grant it ...WHY couse when i worked there i seen people paying up too 4 years and why they asked to cancel the service i would say to them ima go ahead and refund u last month payment for the inconiviance WHY couse i was told too do so.. was not allowed to advise them to request for a full REFUND.. soo am telling u people here if u have alredy canceld but u are now curious on how long u been paying u do and its in ur right to request a full amount refund some people been paying thoudands of dollars. GET UR MONEY BACK AND f*** THIS COMPANY !!! to stop travelers advantage u must kill the head of the snale AFFINION CORPORATION... BIGGEST SCAM

• Da
    David105ingram Apr 03, 2012

my name is David r Martin and my email is [email protected] and demand full recovery of the charges you are taking out of my checking account

• Tr
    Trudy Jackson Mar 29, 2012

This is such a rip off place. i just called and demanded my money back. we will see if i do get it or not? No one there can even speek english. I don't understand how companies can get away with this sort of thing? I am so angry.

redyugobandit Mar 25, 2012

WAY TO GO Ross D.! I received the Visa gift card but they did NOT include the activation code! The shmucks! Glad to hear you got over on them, but I'm extremely skeptical that anything will shut them down since it appears as though they actually operate within the law, as hard as that is to believe! But this "30 Day Free Trial" then charge your account the full amount is very pervasive right now. Even my FORMER bank, Bank of America was doing it with their identity theft program that is similar to LIFELOCK!

• Ro
    ROSS D. Mar 24, 2012

I CAUGHT THE S.O.Bs *BEFORE* THEY COULD STRIKE AT ALL!!! AND SCORED ONE FOR YOU ALL... I *ACTUALLY* GOT THE $40.00 VISA GIFT CARD, ACTIVATED IT AND SPENT IT ALL BEFORE THEY COULD DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT!!! MIDWAY IN THE SCAM I "LOST" MY CARD AND REPORTED IT LOST OR STOLEN, RESULTING IN AN IMMEDIATE DEFCON 1 STATUS FOR MY ACCOUNT VIS A VIS LIFELOCK!!! FURTHER MORE, I SENT THEM THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IN A DIGITALLY "NOTARIZED" FAX:
    *DUE TO THE INFAMOUS REPUTATION OF YOUR COMPANY FOR FRAUDULENTLY CHARGING ACCOUNTS, THIS
    INFORMATION HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE BBB, FTC AND THE FBI AS OF THIS SAME DATE. ANY CHARGES THAT CAN
    BE EVEN REMOTELY TRACED BACK TO YOUR "GREAT FU*#ING FUN" COMPANY WILL RESULT IN SWIFT PROSECUTION TO
    THE FURTHEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW!!!*
    I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE CHARGE TO DATE!!!

redyugobandit Mar 17, 2012

Wish there was, but look at the posts, they go back almost 5 years so this has been going to for a long time

• Fr
    Frostybutch Mar 16, 2012

TLG has taken $41.94 out of my card. What can be done so other people will not be hurt by them? Bev

• Ac
    AC0509 Mar 15, 2012

Ive gotten charged three times this year, 19.99 a month from this company which I have never ordered anything! I bank with regions bank and I called them about this problem! They cancelled my current card, sent me a new one and disputed all charges from them! It took about 15 days to refund the money and get a new card but it was worth it so insure this will not happen again!

• Iv
    ivyoneill Mar 09, 2012

i just noticed this charge on my account today, but i see everyone has a 11.99 charge or close to it, well mine is 19.99. i will be calling my bank in the morning to get it looked at, I've had this happen before with different scams and they usually refund me or cancel the scam and report it.

• Ba
    Barak Obama Feb 23, 2012

Doesn't anyone realize that fraud is a criminal offense, and that "wire"or "mail" fraud is a federal criminal offense?
    The CEO of Trilegiant and the "Holding Company" which controls it, Affion Corp, is Nathanael Lipman, 46 years old, and they are based in Stamford Connecticut. These crimes fall under the jurisdiction of the Attorney General of Connecticut, and also, since they are committed using internet and mail, the US Federal prosecutor for that region as well as the "postal inspection" authorities.
    There have been a number of "Class Action" civil lawsuits against these companies, some settled for millions of dollars, but to them this is simply an expense of doing business. The only way forward is for someone who has had their money stolen by these companies to lodge a formal criminal complaint against the companies and, most importantly, against the CEO, Mr Lipman, who is personally and directly responsible for ensuring that there are adequate controls in place to avoid his company from committing fraud (THEFT). I avoided any interaction with these criminals when offered a "rebate" through Ticketmaster, who is also a party to this criminal fraud, so I have suffered no harm and have no standing to lodge a complaint. Anyone who has had money stolen by these criminal companies has what is called "legal standing" to ask the that a criminal investigation be opened against them. These criminals can be sent to jail and subject to large personal fines. If you have had money stolen by these criminals, please contact the above legal authorities and begin the criminal investigation process. If you do not, you are just abetting these crimes.

• Ca
    catmacnc Dec 28, 2011

I got into this mess when one said for one dollar i could do all this, come to find out he signed me up for three things all of which charge one dollar each. how i took care of it, i called each and every charge and complained, i did not sign up for half of what they had me down for. you just have to get loud enough and they will refund your money.