Having problems with Great Fun?

6 High Ridge Park
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

scam!

Checked my cc statement and saw a charge for 12.99 from this company. When I called they said I had signed up for this service through Orbitz. However, I can't recall signing up for anything through this company. They said my money would be refunded.

Shady people and a shady business.

• Bo
    Bob Jones Mar 27, 2008

After checking my statement tonight, found $11.99 charge from MERCHANT PURCHASE TLG*GREATFN. I called my bank and was given the phone number for TLG (800-242-7771). After repeatedly saying "Cancel my account", I was finally given a canellation number and told to expect a refund in the next 1-2 billing cycles.

The agent told me this account was created after making a purchase from ShoeBuy.com. It seems they have a little checkbox on checkout asking if you want more deals and offers. The box is checked by default, so you'll be charged no matter what!

chuck Nov 17, 2008

i've been getting charged $9 month for 3 years!!! it was called reservation rewards and i thought i was paying a fee for hotel bookings overseas, which i do all the time online.
    come to find out it was a $20 rebate from Etronics online electronics store...and that traced back to reservation rewards to greatfunsite.com.
    total scam!!! fortunately, united mileage plus chase card had the answer and cancelled and refunded me over $300.

charged my account illegally!

I ordered tickets online in august and for the past few months this company has been charging my credit card 12.99$. This is a scam. They said that to et the discount on airline tickets i joined this club then never received any paperwork on it. It is supposed to be giving you discounts on food and gas i never received anything from them except several charges to my account.

unauthorized charge!

I found a 149.99 charge on credit card. First of all how did they get my Credit Card Number? When you call they tell you to get your membership number off of your membership packet. I never received a packet! Secondly they told me I cashed a 9.95 dollar check which authorized the membership, which was a lie.

They are a scam and if you are not watching your credit card statements they are going to burn you. They did deactivate the membership and will refund my C.C. I had the same issue with a company called AutoAdvantage and I'm sure they are the same. Time to go to my states attorney general.

• La
    Lauren Feb 04, 2008

Same with me! Only it was a $129.99 charge!! I am on hold with them for the SECOND time and no one can seem to tell me anything!!

This sucks! Don't ever use your credit card online! Someone will get it and scam the hell out of you!

Marc in NA Aug 02, 2012

Same with me today -- I found $149.99 charge and did a Google search to find out who TLG everyday is. These folks need to be prosecuted.

unauthorized charges!

I was charged 9.95 for 8 months before I discovered the charge. I blame my self for negligence in not stopping the charges sooner but I did not give them permission to charge my card. I made an order with Avon and as is this case, did the payment online with my credit card. At the end of the order Avon asked if you wanted information from certain companies, I responded that I would like to receive coupons. Not knowing that I would have to pay 9.95 a month. I never received anything for that money. If I had I might have realized I might be getting a charge on my cc. I somehow overlooked this charge for 6 months and the last month I was charged twice for the end of the month and begging of the next month. That is when it stuck out like a sore thumb and I realized that I was being scammed. They did refund the last month and this month I just received a second refund of 9.95. That will not continue. They are keeping the rest of my money. $60.00!!! This is a lesson learned. Also I will not be shopping Avon, who gave them my credit card number.

• Ca
    Cas Mar 10, 2008

All,

Thanks for your comments. They gave me information I needed to press my bank regarding the charge. I called Tlggreatfn and inquired as to the charges. As it turns out, I recieved a 15% off discount from a trip I booked thru ORBITZ , if I signed up for a subscription for Tlggreatfn, http://www.greatfunonline.com It is an entertainment company which specializes in dining, enternainment, travel, etc).

I remember signing up for the service with the intent of cancelling it when I moved to my new home in another state. To make a long story short, they hook you into purchasing the service with the hopes of you forgetting to cancell it. And I fell for it, hook-line-and sinker. I cannot believe I was so careless to allow these charges to accumulate for so long.

unauthorized debiting of funds from my bank account!

I have no idea why I am being charged monthly from this company, and I wish it to stop. It is causing problems with my bank account.

• Ra
    Randy W. Nov 03, 2008

Try this number to cancle

Phone: 1-866-428-3383
    This will get you to a REAL person.

scam and fraud!

Please check out www.cleverosity.com for information on Trilegiant, a Connecticut-based company that offers online shopping services and discounts to people who purchase memberships (and charges to many who DID NOT purchase memberships). I was "automatically" signed up when I reserved a motel room. I have been charged $11.99 a month by TLG***TRVLADV and by TLG**SHOPPERSADV even though I never signed up for them. I did a search online and found that this company, TRILEGIANT, has had numerous lawsuits and complaints against them for the very same thing. They operate under hundreds of names and when you do complain to your bank, your bank may offer you "ID Protection" to prevent this type of fraud - BEWARE!!! Trilegiant also operates those services and will charge you monthly to "protect yourself" against them! Shades of the mafia? Please immediately complain to the FTC, your Attorney General and everyone you know to do the same! All information is available at www.cleverosity.com. Also there are lawyer available who are currently collecting information for ANOTHER class action lawsuit against TRILEGIANT. Please check your bank statements and if your are a victim, do complain anywhere and everywhere to get this company out of business!

• Ly
    lynda cooper Feb 29, 2008

i dont know who you are , and i want you to put my money back in the bank, , cleveland ohio 44103

• Ir
    irishtxn Apr 26, 2009

I feel the same way as Ms. Cooper! Put all the money you stole from back into my account! Houston TX 77006

• He
    hereorthere Feb 01, 2010

I signed up for their service when booking a hotel room. When I canceled (or so I thought I was canceling), I was given the run around, but by remaining assertive I got a cancellation code and then received an e-mail stating they had canceled the membership per my request. Over the holidays I had more transactions than normal, but I noticed today they never stopped charging me. Companies that allow this fraudulent company to piggyback off of their customers need to lose business also. It was DayInn.com where I joined.

elizabettys Dec 07, 2010

Hi all - if you are still looking for help. Speak to Freed & Weiss right away. They are taking action to stop the scam.

Here's some info:

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact Freed & Weiss immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

unauthorized charge to my charge card!

There was a charge to my 5/3rd mastercard for $109.99 that I did not authorize and am requesting a refund. I am running into trouble with my bank obtaining a refund.

• Da
    Danielle Feb 23, 2008

Wow i just got my credit card statment and i have the same thing is there any suggestions you have for me.

Shauna Hubartt Jul 13, 2008

We too have just discovered that this happened to us also. Does anyone know if there is a lawsuit against these people!!!

• Te
    terry Aug 18, 2008

what the hell i have just gotten the same card statement and it tells me i spent 59.99 on somthing i know i didnt.if there is a lawsuit please let us know

Matt Huusko Oct 07, 2008

I figured this one out when i received my second $5 check for money back from my HSBC marstercard. On the back it says in fine print that if i deposot it I will be agreeing to a travel membership and be charged $59.99. I expected more from HSBC than mail fraud. After calling the number for Travelers Advantage they only agreed to charging back the fee when threatened with an immediate BBB complaint. HSBC says they aren't associated and they are a third party, but it was sent on their letterhead in their envelope. Completly misleading scam marketing. The charge put me over the limit and they have refused to credit back the fee until traveler's credits their part back. Travel's said I should see it in 1-2 billing cycles. Funny it takes 2 days tops for a credit to clear when issued. I beleive the only way to stop this sort of fruad is to complain to your local www.BBB.org I might expect it from junk mail, but not from your credit card company.

• Ka
    Karen L. Heflin Aug 22, 2009

My fiance' was also ripped off by this bogus scam. When he called HSBC to ask if they were affiliated with these people...the rep hung up on him. I feel that card holders should stick together and sue the hell out of them. That is completely taking advantage of hard working people. The checks that were mailed to him were called "direct rewards", but like the last person said...it had HSBC's letter head and was mailed to him in their envelopes. These people are working together to scam innocent people. I think it's a crying shame!!!

Karen

Andrea S Jun 07, 2010

I see these posts were in 2008. Well, the scam continues. Just got an HSBC statement and it has two charges (same day), each for $109.99. One from "TRVL ADV" and one from
    "Just ForMe". Had never heard of either before these charges. Called and was told that chargebacks would be made. New card being issued to eliminate use of the number again.

Andrea S.

survey scam!

Dec. 27, 2007 - Received a phone call from the Fraud Debit Card Dept. of my Bank telling me that a charge of $1.00 to my checking debit account. I got the information from my bank to call these rip off scam pigs. Dealing with TLG Great Fun was everything BUT a delight. To make a long story short. I yelled, they yelled, and finally I got my way and talked to CSR Supervisor in the United States. After threatening to have my lawyer do a full investigation of this company, she said that she would refund me the $1.00 amount back to my account and cancel my so -called membership that I never signed up for. The same day I went to my bank to freeze my debit card # and have them order me a new one. I was told by my bank, that normally you would not see a charge like this on your bank statement. Thank God for Washington Mutual catching that charge on my account because I would have known I was charged.

Advice: Check out this link to see for yourself how many other companies the are affiliated with TLG Great Fun. http://greatfunonline.com/Content.aspx?SID=AC21B3ECAC354232610216d7370f092d&content=customerCenter%2fabout. WHEN MAKING PURCHASES ONLINE, PLEASE BECAREFUL! NEVER EVER CLICK ON ANY POP UP'S THAT ASK YOU TO TAKE A SURVEY FOR A PRIZE, A DISCOUNT ON TRAVEL, PRODUCTS ETC... WHEN YOU BUY ONLINE FROM A ONLINE COMPANY WHICH HAS THESE POP'S AND AFTER PURCHASING YOUR PRODUCT, THEY STEAL YOUR PERSONAL BILLING INFORMATION!! AND THEN THEY STEAL FROM YOU!

I HOPE NO ONE ELSE WILL FALL INTO THIS TRAP.

• Br
    Bryce Benton Feb 26, 2008

I called Wells Fargo and they were very helpful in getting the fraudulent charges reversed. After gathering the information on the monthly charges, the operator initiated a conference call with TLG. Initially, TLG agreed to reverse 2 of the 4 months of fraudulent charges, with the rest available by sending in a fax. The Wells Fargo operator asked to speak with a supervisor, and this person then agreed to reverse the remaining 2 months.

I will never use Orbitz again. Goodbye, Orbitz!

Additionally, I will find out which other companies are teaming with TLG and will boycott them as well.

Shame on TLG!

notastupidone Mar 26, 2009

that's what u stupid people get for not reading and just want to take advantage of certain amount of money. and if you ever read carefully you can see that they give you 1 month free trial and the right to cancel at any time and you can get to keepwhat ever rebate or discount that you were offered just for trying the service so yup next time you want to take advantage of something read the small words too ok stupid ppl

maryyugo May 29, 2009

@notastupidone

You're either a dummy or you're working for one of these crooked companies. Most people who get these charges have no idea how the charges came about. Many times, they never signed or clicked anything. The companies charging stuff as TLG are simply criminals. There has already been a case filed in California and the companies agreed to an injunction however they are again violating it.

If you have gotten such a charge and can't easily cancel it, I suggest cancelling the card and any associated accounts. Don't get another card or account with the bank because they will just reinstate the charge. Go to a different one.

Chase seems to be the worse offender and the subject of the most complaints. They are also the subject of the California actions.

The link for the injunction against parent company Trilegiant is: http://tinyurl.com/mlcesj

I really hate it when people make excuses or blame the victims instead of the ### gutter garbage people who perpetrate the scams, cheat and deceive, and waste everyone's time. If my current problem with Chase and these crooks isn't resolved, I am going immediately to the media, especially the Turko Files, and I will consult a lawyer about filing a case. I am tired of ripoffs like this. That's all banks like Chase need is more bad publicity.

I am being charged on my credit card-unsolicitated and have called twice to have my name off the list.

I have contacted these companies at two different time and was rassured I would not be billed for something I have not solicitated. I received my credit card bill and it is still deducting, one dollar and 9.99 on my current statement.
Donna McEwen

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 19, 2007

Contact your credit card company. State that you are disputing the charges on your bill & you will need to do it within 30-60 days. Your credit card company will do an investigation concerning the account. If you stopped service then they should stop charging & your credit card company could credit you the amount.

greatfunsite.com

While completing an order on drugstore.com i was sent to this greatfunsite.com not realizing it. It was for...

unauthorized charges!

This company and Great Fun charged my account without my permission. Scammers. They gave me 4 months but would not give me all my money back unless I submitted a request in writing. I have done that so we will see what I get.

illegal charges

TLG great fun charged my debit card$12.99. I did not authorize this transaction. When I called them they gave me someone elses name and address with my "account number". I had to tell her several times that this was not me and I did not authorize this. She said she would refund my money, but still tried to sell me other services. I had to hang up on her because she would not take no for an answer. Make sure you check your statements often! I was also out of state when I found it so I was away from home and had no way to get money because I had to cancel my debit card.

• Wi
    William Ozment Dec 12, 2007

They told us that when we signed up with Columbia house to buy movies we also signed up with them. They got us for $35.99 I told them that if the money was not returned I would hire an attorney and they could deal with them, no reply yet!

• Di
    Distraught and disheartened Jan 08, 2008

I have the same issue and I am here in Houston. I have to cancel my debit visa with my bank and get a new one. I don't even know who this company is.

• Ph
    phani sekhar challa Feb 01, 2008

hello
    i was charged $11.99. to my visa card pnc bank account. i am unaware of this purchase atleast i dont when i met u for purchase. so if i mistakenly purchase any thing from your organisation let me know i will cancel membership with you

thank
    phani s challa

• Me
    Meralda Velez Jul 06, 2008

Just found a charge of $12.99 on my master card. I do not even know who they are. I called after hours and knew that it was a unauthorized charge. I will call my credit card company ASAP... They will not even get a penny from me. I will sue them first.

• Fy
    FYI Mar 17, 2009

I also had this happen. I called and got it canceled and am getting my money back. It turns out I ordered some cosmetics thru Avon and they had a $10 off coupon if you did a survey. I clicked on it to get it but noticed that it was an authorization for this scam. I did back out of it but apparently just clicking was the authorization...so beware!!!

• I just checked my credit card bill and the exact thing happened to me, I have been charged 12.99. Does anyone know who this is? Any info would be appreciated.

unauthorized billing!

I was billed @ $100.00 on my credit card. The lady said that I cashed some kind of check from them. I told her it was hard to cash a shredded check. After she said she would credit my account she ask if it was ok to keep my account open! I spoke to the supervisor and told her that I would be filing a complaint with the BBB on Wed. Here is the information I have so for on the company.

Trilegiant Corp.
100 Connecticut Ave
Norwalk Ct. 06850

Complain to everyone you can!

Jasmin Holmes Jan 01, 2008

Charged my credit card without consent.

• Mi
    Michael Marshall Jan 03, 2008

What a scam.. I don't know how they can get away with this..

They started charging me $12.99 every month.
    I contacted them, and they would give credit of $25.98 (last two months). I understand that you can only get credit for the last two months. Watch your statements for unknown charges or you may not get all your money back.

They told me I would see the credit on my charge card bill in two weeks. I hope this is true...

• Ji
    jing May 12, 2008

Yes, I absolutely agree that this TLG Great Fun is a big scam. I am also a victim on it. They charge me $11.99 a month . I'm been paying this amount for 5 months without my knowledge. So I called my bank and they gave me the TLG Phone No. They said they are goin to refund and will stop charging me that amount. Let's see coz until now i receive NO refund yet.

elizabettys Dec 08, 2010

Stop the Scam. Contact Freed & Weiss, they need to hear from you!
    Class Action Information follows.

What can I do?

unauthorized charge of my credit card

Great Fun, an entity I never heard of before, charged my creditcard with $12.99. I called [protected] to protest the charge. The person whom I talked to promised that he would remove the charge and gave me a confirmation number of my complaint: W53344808030. That was a lie: The charge with a different date appeared on the next statement. The credit care co. would not stop payment after we reported the fraud. The only thing the card company can do to change our account number. And the scam artists keep my money and are having Great Fun as their name promised. Is there no remedy against the dastardly acts of these crooks?

anita dibble Dec 11, 2007

They are doing the same thing to me, and I cant get rid of them. I will have to report my credit card as stolen. They dont answer their phons, and they have illegaly taken 100.00 from my account.

• Ga
    Gabriela S. Cope Jan 02, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I have also changed/deleted/closed my credit card.

• Sc
    S. Crawford May 27, 2008

They just got me for $59.99. When I called, they told me that I had cashed a check that had been enclosed in my Chase credit card statement. This check was my agreement to enroll. Well, I did no such thing. They said they would remove the charge and send me a copy of the check that I supposedly cashed. I'll let you know if it ever arrives. In the meantime, I canceled my Chase credit card account. I asked the lady that I talked to at TLG, Rhonda, if she had ever Googled her company. She says that she is aware of all the bad press and that it's the fault of all the companies that sell the TLG services, not TLG itself. Whoooeeee, the smell of baloney is very strong.

• Ba
    barbara oshei Nov 23, 2008

My granddaughter had a $119.99 charge on her acccount. When I called they said she had sent in a $10.00 rebate form for Great Fun and she would be a member unless she cancelled within 30days. This was a downright lie. She never sent anything in. She never noticed this on her account since she is an out of town college student and the statements are sent diretly to my home. I called them because they had sent a post card saying her memberhip would be renewed unless she called to cancel by 12/08/08. I called and they gave me a cancellation number. I asked to speak to a supervisor who identified herself as "DEE DEE" and said she would reimburse the account in about ten to fifteen days. If this credit does not come through I will contact the state attorney general's office to file a report.

stealing from my checking account!

I have been charged $9.99 for at least 13 months and never realized what it was. Called the company, TLG...

unauthorizes charge of $11.99

I purchased a $15 flash storage item from Buy.com and in their page they offered a FREE TLG everday item My credit card was billed for $11.99 for this so called FREE item. These people should be prosecuted!

Anh Vo Dec 22, 2007

Luckily you know what you did. I don't even know what the hell did I sign up for, I can assure I've never seen tlg everyday before... but they still charge me. What a jerk. After a research about this company I didn't bother to call them, let me CC company handle this.

• Gi
    gil May 02, 2008

how do i get this to stop

• Mc
    McNeely Apr 29, 2009

I just recently was charged $119.99 for this "apparent" service that I never signed up for. I actually called them 3 times to cancel my "membership" they stated that I had with them and still couldn't get a cancellation code! Luckily on the 4th attempt when being a disgruntled "Customer" I was able to get this code and a full refund.

For everyone's Special Attention (SA) their number is 1-800-417-6232. You should have to get a code that starts with R.

This company is ###ic and will continiously attempt to sell you something when trying to attempt to cancel! I hate ###ed people and companies that want to take advantage. Honestly, I think the BBB should wipe them off the planet!

big scam

When that window pops up for 15% off your airline ticket from great fun, don't do it! trilegiant corporation will put sneaky charges on your credit card as long as they can get away with it. check your bank statement for:

Shoppingessential
Tlg*greatfn

I cancelled, I have a confirmation #, and charges are still showing up.

"who we are
Trilegiant corporation
Address: 100 connecticut ave.
Norwalk, ct [protected]
Telephone: [protected]
Customer service e-mail: [protected]@greatfunsite.com"

sandy knight Jan 27, 2008

I have checked out your website I would like to cancel we dont go much I can use that money for something else.

Sandy.

elizabettys Dec 07, 2010

Here's some information on what you can do to take action and get help with this. Contact Freed & Weiss!

What can I do?

I am about to report them to the better business bureau

This company has charged me for 10 months $9.99 on my credit card and I had no idea who was charging me or what the charges were for. My credit card company told me to call them and tell them to cancel immediately and that I did not authorize monthly payment. I did, and they said I signed up for their "service" which sounds like "discounts" on what I'm still not sure. They said I authorized this when I placed an Avon order. I said I would never have done so and I wanted reimbursement to my credit card for the 10 months they charged me. They said I had to fax their company (which I did a month ago) and still have not had $100 worth of payments reimbursed. What a scam. I am about to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

• Na
    Natalie m Nov 23, 2007

I have been on the phone, first they couldnt find my info, tthen they transferred me around, then the couldnt hear me on the phone, and I got no information still. I was charged for 7 months.

shania Feb 10, 2008

They did the same on my credit card, i did not authorize anything. I was going through my credit card history on accounts, then i realized these charges that i never authorised. This is reallly crazy scamm scam bags.

Sheila Natalie Feb 14, 2008

This company charge my credit card for 119.99 and I don't even know who they are. I was online to check to see if the card company had recieved my payment when I saw this charge. I have been trying to call them all morning and still haven't been able to speak to anyone. HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH STEALING PEOPLES INFORMATION AND USING IT. I THOUGHT WE HAD LAWS TO STOP THINGS LIKE THIS FROM HAPPENING? THEY HAVE LAWS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE.

• Er
    erika May 21, 2008

I too have been had by these people. I was paying my credit card on line last night and saw a charge for 11.99 pending. I looked into it and found out that since Feb they have been billing me. I called them this morning and the cust service rep told me that she could only refund me 20.00 some dollars and not the full amount b/c she couldn't identify me. What is funny is when I first called and gave them the numbers after the charge she identified me. Apparently she told me that they were on a site I visited (True Credit) and I selected them from it. The only thing I remember is selecting a button that said I could save 20% off and I hit yes. That is all I did. I had her cancel the so called membership and after she did she told me that she has been fielding numerous complaint calls and wishes she could refund my full amount!!! What???? Then do it. I told her about this page and she was aware of it. Someone somewhere needs to look into this business and shut them down.

• Pe
    Peach Nov 27, 2008

I just card charged of $64.99 from TLG*COMPLETEHME, one of the Freat Fun sister scams I think. I'll start calling tomorrow to try & get it removed. I authorized no such purchase.

• Br
    BRENDA Mar 28, 2009

i have been in the same shoes as you all, didn't know who in the heck these people are, called then they said some discount company you all need to call 1-877-709-0966 THEY ARE A SCAM THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR FUTURE DISCOUNTS ON MANY THINGS CALL AND THEY WILL CANCEL YOU OUT, BUT THEY WILL WANT YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM THEY CAN FIND YOU FROM YOU MAILING ADDRESS...DO NOT GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER OUT...BRENDA

Maria Jose Jury Jun 02, 2010

I have been in the the same boat for at least 9 months, with two charges monthly, one for 12.99 (116.91) and the other one for 13.99 (125.91), more than 240.00 d0llars plus all the over charges from 34.oo dollars each time the charge my account which i was trying to close. Definitely someone has to stop these people from styling everybody's money.

• Mb
    MBlaATL Jun 15, 2010

i was also taken by this company i noticed a pending charge on my account for 12.99 my bank gave me this companies number i called and they wouldn't tell me what they sold or offered i asked that they stop taking money from my account and they only offered me free coupons to offset my overderaft fees i said no called my bank and disputed the charges my wife booked a rental car on priceline and i made a purchase from amazon this could be where they get you beeeeeeeeeware they should be shut down and these sites that allow them to take advanetage of thier customers should be held accountable i'll never use either one again

• Cy
    Cynthia B Aug 19, 2010

Fun, Inc or the other handful of names they operate under is a scamming business that has been stealing $12.99 out of my 89 year old neighbors’ checking account for 48 months! They claim he signed up for their discount membership club when he ordered replacement checks through Checks in the Mail. When he first discovered this charge happening back in 2007 he contacted them to find out who they were and why were they debiting his account, he then requested that they stop as he never intentionally ordered this so called membership service nor did he ever receive a membership number or any information about this so called membership. Well, they did stop for a month and then they got back into his account and kept stealing $12.99 until I happen to catch it on his statement while helping him pay his bills as he's been in the hospital with surgeries. It turns out they do this to millions of unsuspecting people.

We need to complain to the companies that are facilitating this con from happening. In this case it was hidden in the Checks In The Mail submission when ordering replacement checks, others have had it occur with True Credit, rent a cars, airline purchases, etc... I would think that these companies wouldn’t want this negative association with this thieving and outright deceptive Fun Incorporated or whatever the name they are using at the time. Then State-by State we need to report this to every Attorney General office. They were working in legislative changes that were supposed to stop reoccurring debit charges from scamming unsuspecting people.

unauthorized charge

I ignore what kind of company is but in my account appears one unauthorized charge for the amount of $ 11.99...

tlg great fun [protected] ct

Noticed an $11.99 charge on my online checking account website this morning that was authorized today...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices