TLG Buyers Advantageunauthorized billing

P

My credit card was charged on Feb. 19 with a bill for $139.99 for a fraud-guard service I do not want and did not request. The company designation on the credit card bill is “TLG*BuyersAdv#[protected]." On Oct. 15, this company had slipped in a bill of $149.99. When I called, they said I ordered the service. I did not remember doing so. I know I did not order the same service again just four months later. That bill gave their phone number: [protected]. On September 4, this same company slipped in a bill of $149.99. It is ironic that a company supposedly offering fraud protection is actually perpetrating fraud. I and at least one other have written the Connecticut Attorney General asking for prosecution.

• Mt
    MtheInsomniac Sep 15, 2017

I signed up with Great Fun to receive $25 back on a recent concert ticket purchase, I listened very carefully to their entire script regarding the terms & conditions, not once did they mention Buyers Advantage. I canceled immediately with Great Fun, & received no reoccurring charges.

2 months later, I notice a reoccurring charge of $16.99 from Buyers Advantage. A 20 minute wait later, a representative tries to explain to me how I signed up for an automobile gas & repair offer, it was a lengthy & comprehensive offer. I was forced to interrupt & inform the representative that I do not own a vehicle, commute by bike or public transportation, nor had plans to purchase a vehicle, so their offer would clearly not apply to my enrollment.

TL:DR: Do not accept anything but a full return from this fraudulent company! She was quick to reverse the charges when I mentioned the absence of documentation from their service, the building case against them online plus mention of a class-action lawsuit, & my preference to resolve the issue with their company versus the bank. 🙂

Janice Converse Jul 25, 2016

please cancel and refund my money to my credit card please and i won't say another word about this site.

Comments

Janice Converse Jul 25, 2016

i would like this CANCEL AND A REFUND TO MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT THANK YOU MY CREDIT CARD IS A MASTERCARD NAME ON THE CARD IS JANICE CONVERSE 09/08/1 AND ALSO I DON'T HAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU TO CANCEL THIS ACCOUNT, I DON'T WANT ANY MORE LETTERS OR PHONE CALLS TO JANICE CONVERSE AT ALL. THANK YOU

JANICE CONVERSE [email protected]

REGARDS

ISHFAQ

• As
    askuncleprince Jul 25, 2016

my name is princewill Igenewari i bak with HSBC and live in 183 hitchin road my email address is [email protected] my phone no is [protected] on march 3oth TLG LOANS STOCKPORT took £49.99 from my account pls i want the company to return it because am no longer interested in the loan. i will be grateful if this is done or else i will take neccessary action.
    Princewill

• Ro
    Robert Davila Jul 25, 2016

NME Mags give information to scam outfits such as TLG. Then one is charged with no authorization at all.

• Li
    Likkel Jul 25, 2016

This amount just started showing up as a debit out of my checking account. Don't know who it is or why me.

Ruperte Jul 25, 2016

Never signed up for this service!!! Wonder how they got my CCNumber? Will talk with my Attorney concerning legal action against them.

• Tw
    TW Power Jun 27, 2016

This is a fraudulent company. They attempted to charge my card yet again and the bank stopped it and reissued me a new card. Why are these people still allowed to operate outside of a jail cell?

• Mi
    milliesamkev Jun 21, 2016

On friday 1st May 2009, I noticed a payment of £49.99 taken from my bank account, I have not contacted this company for any of their services and certainly not asked for a loan, I've tried ringing them on a phone number I obtained from the internet website, never an answer. This money has been taken without my consent, I would like to know how I go about getting it reimbursed? I've spoken to my bank, who tell me this is a legitimate company and I need to speak to them about getting my money returned, my bank will involve the police if I can prove I've not authorised TLG loans to take this amount.

• Ge
    Getahun Jun 08, 2016

on june 2 the TLG company took £249.99 out from my account with out authorisation. apparently this company is known to many people for thier frudulent activity in the interenet complaint board website. How can I get my money back and stop further transaction from this company? I called my bank to stop any further trasnsaction but told they can not stop it. instaed I was told I had to contact TLG loans myself which resulted in futile. the company appeared to be a money laundry ### praying on valurable people who happen to apply for loans with thier company. the phone number provided with the company is not reachable. somebody out thier knows about this company and your help is urgently needed.

• Ne
    nelly Jun 08, 2016

I applied for a loan and TLG phoned me and told me i'd been accepted for a loan and they needed some details. they asked various details then asked me for my bank details stressing that it was only for idendification purposes, i then queried why and they said it couldnt go through unless they could prove who i was, so stupidly i gave them the details and they stressed they wouldnt take any money out of my account. After speaking to them i checked my bank account and 49.99 had been taken out within 10 minutes of our phone call. I called them back and they said it was an admin charge, i'm really disgusted that they can do this, i complained to moneysupermarket.com because thats who i went thru and coulnt do anything. my bank couldnt stop the payment even though it was pendingas id freely given them my bank details. what can i do to get my money back, im worried they are going to take out more. can someone please get back in touch with me.

Saskia84 Jun 08, 2016

I have had multiple unauthorized charges from TLG Shopper. I have filed complaints with their company several times and they have failed to stops the charges as well as cancel the account. I have filed a complaint with my bank and cancelled my debit card yet this company TLG Shopper has managed to get my new debit card number and made another unauthorized charge just yesterday. Another concern is that TLG Shoppers seems to be taking part in Unauthorized Distribution of Personal Information as well. TLG Shopper is either charging under several different company names or they are distributing peoples personal information to companies similar to theirs since I have had charges from similar company types and charges around the same times. These people need to be stopped! I along with everyone else work hard for my money and do not like to have my money stolen.

MR PETER Jun 08, 2016

My name is Mr peter, i got a message in respect of a loan request from tlg loan a lady asked some question, next thing i heard was they wanted to verify my information through my account due to the information i gave them and that i will pay £49 .99 .i told them that they should send their account details to me afterthe checked, i wiil make the payment by cheque but the next thing £199 .99 was deducted from my
    account on10 of april 2009 without my consent.

marion57 Jun 08, 2016

i phoned them today on [protected] and was waiting 20 minutes to get threw with no sucsess, also got a letter saying i was approved and wanting more money after taking 49 99 out of my account last month, have being in touch with trading standards and they are looking in to them, i want my money back, they are getting away with it WHY ? ITS fraud IN MY EYES .

Marin Raducanu Jun 08, 2016

I want my money back immediately, please. You took 99.99 from my account without my authorisation

Marin Raducanu Jun 08, 2016

i have no words

• Es
    ester cuervo Jun 08, 2016

They ask me fore my bank account details telling me that they need to do the credit check if im able to get the loan. Being really ignorant and wanting to have the money I've ask for I gave all my details. I just found out today that they took £99.99 in my account! Does anyone know if i can have it back?

• St
    stephanie Jun 08, 2016

this company phoned me spoke a load of rubish and then took 99.99 out of my account only now do i realise they are a cone!! has any one maaged o get their money back ??????

Maccey Jun 08, 2016

I had a call from a company stating they could give me a loan, so they asked for personal details including my bank details, but said that no money would be taken from my account until i got the paperwork throgh about the loan i was supposidly getting and i returned them, they said that when i returned them then they would take the fee of £49.99 from my account and then i would recieve my loan, i checked my statement to see that tlg loans had taken this fee from my account on the 23/5/09 but i had not recieved the paperwork they said they were sending, and until this day, i have tried contacting them but the numbers i call say they are no longer in use. this is fraud and i want my money back.

• Pa
    Paula Laws Jun 08, 2016

A company called TLG Shopper45358401 is taking money out of our checking account. I have never heard of TLG
    and certainly have not given anyone permission to take money from our account. We have recently moved and the money is being taken out of our account in Moundsville WV - United Bank. I am closing the account, hopefully that will stop this unauthorized use of our account.

• Ar
    Armin Jun 08, 2016

This company told me i was accepted for a £2, 000 loan. told me i would have to pay £62, 00 a month, paid back over 3 years, then took £49.99 out of my account, and not heard from them since, sent emails, phoned them over a 100 times, my bill was so high, my phone has been cut off, so i want all phone calls paid for they put me hold for over an hour every time i contact them, and then hang up on me. they should be assamed of them selfs i have 2 children and im a single mum, so i want all this money back asap.

• Bo
    Bobbie Thomas Jun 08, 2016

I DID NOT GIVE YOU MY CONSENT TO TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF MY CHECKING. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DID IT BUT I AM
    GOING TO FIND OUT THRUOGH MY BANK AND A LAWYER, I WANT IT STOPPED NOW, THIS HAS BEEN 3 MONTHS YOU
    HAVE TAKEN OUT $19.99 I WANT IT STOPPED NOW.YOU CALL ME.[protected]
    bOBBIE tHOMAS

• Kl
    klawsam Jun 08, 2016

Received charge of $11.99 on my credit card on 12-24-08 and posted on 12-25-08. Called their phone number that is displayed by my bank for transaction information [protected] an they're not answering. What I want to find out is HOW they got into my bank account and WHY! I will be calling my bank and reporting this company and if necessary, get new credit card issued. What jerks!!

• Ra
    Raveena Jun 08, 2016

i want thier email adress

• Ed
    Edmundo Peralta Jun 08, 2016

i was charged $14.99 by TLG*GREATFN, i search for this company on the web and found that many people have the same fraud charges.
    i called their toll free number [protected] to ask them my money back. they ask me for my member #, how the hell do i know what my "member #" is, is i have never signed or asked for one. Then they told me that my member# are some numbers that appear in my credit card statement.
    anyway, i was told that i was automatically enrolled in their program because of some other company, Advantage ... something..
    that tell me that this king of fraud can happen every time. you don’t even need to sign by mistake something.. seems that this is an automatic fraud.
    they said that i should get my money back around 10 to 15 days. and that my "membership" is cancelled. let's see if true.

so be aware of your card statement. i check my statements online and i receive email alerts for charges, that’s why i noticed this charge, otherwise i wouldn’t noticed.

Regards

• Si
    Siddhartha S Ghosh Jun 08, 2016

Hi,

Some company called TLG*GREATFN charged my credit card $12.99. I have no idea what this company is and why it has charged me.

Regards,
    Sid

Ruf26us! Apr 19, 2016

Very unhappy this is happening.

Ruf26us! Apr 19, 2016

Unauthorized credit card charge. I have seen these charges on my statement for the past few months. They charge me $16.99 twice. I never signed up for any withdrawal.

• Da
    Daniel Miess Feb 07, 2016

Be careful: sometimes if you buy a product, because of careful wording what seems like being signed up for one membership really is signing up for multiple. So if you signed up for Buyer's Advantage for example -- you could also be signed up for Everyday Privilege's Gold, Shopper's Advantage, Traveller's Advantage, etc. My advice is this: when you call ask the representative to transfer you to a supervisor if you want to cancel all TLG memberships. When you speak to the supervisor say: "I want you to look up in your system. I want you to look up all of my TLG/Affinion memberships. If there is a cost associated with any of them cancel them. Also, if I have been charged for any of them tell me how long I have been charged, including the year, and I would like a refund for all charges.

• Am
    AmandaSt Jan 16, 2016

I tried an offer offered by Super Shuttle - they said we would get $20 off - I signed up and got signed up with service called Great Fun. That's run by TLG Buyers. I cancelled within the month - not to mention we never got our $20 off from Super Shuttle. I cancelled - even have email cancellation verification - AND I have been charged $16.99 a month since then. I just now saw this charge. Disputed it with my credit card company who can only give us 4 months back. Called Great Fun who promptly interrupted me when I started to explain the situation and said I was talking to the wrong group. Then transferred me to this TLG Buyers Advantage company. Who said it doesn't matter you have to cancel with them not Great Fun. This is total 100% FRAUD. This company is SCAMMING people and STEALING their money. I will NEVER use SUPER SHUTTLE ever again. I will never recommend them to anyone. They stole close to $300 dollars from a family of 4. They need to be sued. Someone needs to file a class action lawsuit against ALL 3 of these companies for running a SCAM. And I can probably bet the Super Shuttle get some sort of kick back form sign ups.

• Rn
    rnpam69 Aug 05, 2015

My card has been charged every month for about 6 months now...some months I was double charged!!! I have NEVER authorized this company or scammers to charge my card ever!!! going to see an Attorney today, my income is very limited, I have small children who need to eat and you scammers are STEALING their food right out of their tummy...you should be ashamed and you WILL be prosecuted!!! GET A REAL JOB YOU LAZY A**** INSTEAD OF STEALING MONEY SOMEONE ELSE WORKED HARD FOR...GOD SEES YOU AND YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE here by a judge and also in the after life!!! ###!!! SE YOU IN COURT... BTW I'm suing for damages too so you will pay more than you got from me that's for sure!!! I hope everyone gets their money back after this lawsuit!!!

MRaftery Mar 11, 2015

An FBI agent I know says to file complaints with www.ic3.gov the Internet Crimes Complaint division. These thieves stole money through the same scam from a senior volunteer at our nonprofit. Please file a complaint all and help nail these con artists.

MRaftery Mar 11, 2015

I talked to an FB I agent. He says file complaints at ic3.gov. That's the Internet Crimes Complaint Center. These thieves ripped off a senior volunteer with our nonprofit. You can help nail them by filing complaints.

• Le
    Leslie Quick Mar 21, 2013

TLGBuyersAdvantage [protected], should be made an example of for fraudulent and unauthorized charges to my account like they have done to so many others. I purchased Pedi-paws back in March of 2009, Pedi-paw has given my credit card number to a third party TlgbuyersAdvantage without my Authorization. I called my bank who then immediately cancelled my card they give me the number to TLGBUYERSADVANTAGE i called them on 3/20/13, an spoke to the supervisor Mr.Jose cardenas who apologized to me up to the high heavens, but that will never do, he then cancelled a membership that i never know of let alone authorized he kindly give me a cancellation #w134rzwr and said he would mail me an affidavit to fill out in about 10-15 business days so as to reimburse me for $559.96 for a yearly membership that they were deducting out of my account since 2009 up until 2013. How about that they deserve to be made an example of don"t you think so. I dont know about you but i am going to highly recommend TLGbuyersAdvantage to fradulent legal services.

• Ba
    Barbags Jan 20, 2013

I'm getting the same $16.99 charge per month on my credit card. Please let me know if there is a suit against these people because I'm on board to go after them. This is ridiculous - there are TONS of complaint boards about this company doing this to DOZENS of customers. Can we report them?

• Iy
    iynen Nov 19, 2012

Since my bank account is dynamically active, I could not able to check transactions very carefully. Two days ago, I knew that only 19 dollars left in my bank account, one day later once I went to ATM to deposit cash to my account, I have seen that 4 dollars left. That gave me a question mark in my mind, then I went back to home and checked buyer advantage company withdrew money from my account even though I did not spent any more with my debit card. Then I checked this transaction carefully, then realized they had been withdrawing 14.99 dollars every month since 2008. I have contacted them, then guess what customer representative told me, this company is a third party company of bank of america. I called back to Bank of america then I told me they dont have any third party company. Lets guess what happened afterwards, I have just only got 13 months money back, not for 5 years!! What should I do now?

• Be
    BenjaminV Aug 29, 2012

here is a calls action being filed... http://www.gilmanlawllp.com/consumer-protection/apollo-trilegiant-affinion-tlg-scam-alert-for-membership-clubs-appollo-complaints-trilegiant-complaints-affinion-complaints/

• Be
    BenjaminV Aug 29, 2012

HERE IS A CLASS ACTION BEING STARTED... http://www.gilmanlawllp.com/consumer-protection/apollo-trilegiant-affinion-tlg-scam-alert-for-membership-clubs-appollo-complaints-trilegiant-complaints-affinion-complaints/

Russ Carter Mar 17, 2012

I am getting charged $16.99 a month on my Capital One statement and I have never had a BOA account. I do have an account with Citizen's Bank, but don't know what relation it would be between the two. I haven't taken any offers and just use the card for an emergency payment when short of cash.
    Russ Carter, New Brighton, PA