Having problems with Great Clips?

Great Clips reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 1, 2008. The latest review Refused service while lobby was empty and only 2 chairs were full was posted on Sep 20, 2021. The latest complaint haircut was resolved on Apr 08, 2018. Great Clips has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 281 reviews. Great Clips has resolved 61 complaints.

Great Clips Customer Service Contacts

1800 473 2825 (USA & Canada)
+1 952 893 9088 (International)
4400 West 78th Street, Suite 700
Minneapolis, South Carolina

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Great Clips Customer Service. Initial Great Clips complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Great Clips above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Great Clips. Discuss the issues you have had with Great Clips and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Great Clips Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Jul 28, 2019

Great Clips — haircut/attitude of stylist

I have gone to this particular store to receive a hair cut before and received an excellent stylist who...

Jul 20, 2019

Great Clips — my hair cut

7/20/19 . I originally went in to get a hair cut a lil over a month ago . Adele cut it and really didn't do...

Jul 11, 2019

Great Clips — haircut

I submitted this a few weeks ago and I guess I expected some kind of a response. I will submit again in case...

Great Clipsonline appointment

Today, 6/30/19 I made an online with the location I have been going to for almost nine years. The online site said the wait was sixteen minutes, not a problem. When I arrived, the store had three customers getting haircuts and no one waiting. I was acknowledged by an employee who said my wait would be about ten minutes. About twenty minutes later they were ready to take me back. As the employee began to motion me back, the door opened and another customer came in. She immediately changed her attention to the arriving customer and asked if they had registered line. there response was yes. There name was above mine and she told him to come back instead of me. Of coarse, I questioned this. I was told this was the way things were done. I proceeded to ask if I should also have to wait for the remaining names on the list that were still above my name. I did not receive an answer. I then told here my name, asked her to pull it up in her system and then delete all of my records. As I told her, I will never visit this store again. I was also a faithful customer of the Montgomery Illinois location for over ten years while I lived in that area. The location in question: Ogden Point 2616B Ogden Ave. Aurora [protected]. You lost not only myself as a customer but also my wife.
Sincerely, Mike Ward Aurora Illinois

Great Clipshaircut

The haircut was okay the experience was horrible. I walked in and interrupted the three employees talking. They continued to talk for a minute or so then one checked me in. The other two continued to talk, bad mouthing the management of the salon and other employees. If that was not bad enough one of the stylists was using profanity. When I mentioned it was not very profesional my stylist just blew it off. I will never go back to that salon. Great Clips in Tarpon Springs Florida

Great Clips2 hair cuts at the same place

Store 6013 Invoice 629473 Shugart Rd, Dalton, GA. 6/18/19. My son and I stopped in for a trim. He got Melissia who was in a hurry to get off her shift and gave my son a generic hair cut, not at all what the notes say from before. I got Karina. She spoke very little English and not trained. I asked for the top cut and trim of ends. She layered my hair and did not cut the top. Melissia had to come over and cut the top. Now I look like I am wearing a Joe Dirt wig. I will never visit them again. I want my money back!

Great Clipspoor management customer service

Hi my name is Matt Lawrence
        I was in great clips in bolder colorado on table masa
        I am new to the area and wanted to find a great clips cause I've always had great experience there in Texas
        However the other location was really busy so I went to the other location on table masa plaza
        When I had walked in there around 12:30 or so I had noticed that the manager there wasn't happy and was screaming and yelling at a stylist I don't know if they new I was standing there in the lobby
        However I felt sorry for that employee being talked to that way by management
        She was cussing at this employee saying I'm the manger and I'll do as I please and so on and so forth I believe the other gentleman that came in had heard it as well and had told me that's the way she is so I assumed he knew her
        I thought to myself I do not want to do business with a company that allows that kind of management
        If she's willing to talk to employees that way how does she really talk to customers

Great Clipspoor customer service

I brought my son in to have his haircut at the Great clips in 1009 Stadium Dr Ste 104, Wake Forest, NC 27587

A lady named misty had an attitude and was getting frustrated. I am not happy with the service I recieved. Another lady had to come over and take over cause Misty walked away. When i first i arrived, she seemed unhappy, no smiles or hello or anything. I really think she showed poor customer service. Day of visit was 6-2-19. My son name is Andres Martinez. Age of child 3. I do believe that is not nice behavior to be around a child.

Shaneva Martinez
          [protected]

May 19, 2019

Great Clips — stylist cutting my expensive necklace chain when trimming my neck after haircut.

On March 7, 2019 I had my haircut at the Great Clips, Barlow Plaza, Rochester, Mn 55901. The stylist wa...

May 10, 2019

Great Clips — unethical behavior

I made an appointment online for a haircut at the shop located at 40405 Winchester in Temecula, Ca.There were...

Great Clipsquestionable procedure during my haircut

This was my third trip to Great Clips in Lake Wales, FL., April 18, 2019. Every visit I just received a haircut, actually a trim was wanted. First hair trim was so-so; second visit was almost perfect (couple of small problems); third visit was a disaster. The hair trim was close to a butch (I'm 74 years old and my forehead hair is rather thin, so I don't like it cut real short), but the major problem was the stylist, Jennifer, shaved the hair on my face below my sideburns. I was horrified; will this hair come back in stiff and dark like whiskers or what will I have. I'm not happy at all and I don't know what to do. If the hair does come in dark, I guess I'll have to have it shaved everytime I get a haircut or sooner (I usually trim my neck inbetween cuts because it looks shaggy). So would probably have to do the same with my face.
            I never thought I would be shaving my face, but guess I won't have a choice, right??? Is it normal procedure to shave a woman's face, especially without asking them before doing it. I don't have a desirable resolution of my complaint, possible haircuts/trims and face shaving the rest of my life. I don't know, I just know I'm very upset about the incident and I don't know if I'm going to return or not. PLEASE let me know your company policy on this procedure I had done. Thank You.
            Sherrill Gibbs, [protected]@hotmail.com

• Cl
                Cloh Oct 29, 2019

You complaint and worries don't even make sense. The hair is not going to grow back any different. Depending on the cut you could get extra hair shaved off. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. You are choosing to believe in myths and old wives tales

• Di
                Dise May 19, 2019

Okay first of all, hair growing back thicker after being shaved is a myth. Lol, calm down.

Apr 12, 2019

Great Clips — online check-in

I always check-in online. I did so today and went to the salon. When I checked in it said 0 minute wait. When...

Great Clipsgreat clips

There is a ganster mantality there. Our regional manager supports theft, and drug distribution from the shop. Employees are scared of driveby shooting. The franchisee refuses to listen, or believe employees. Great Clips corporate office refuses to be involved. They keep saying there is nothing they can do. This corporation claims no responsibility for their brand, and are only there to reap profits. Shame, shame, shame. I know they feel none, but should. I just hope no employees get injured in driveby.

Mar 28, 2019

Great Clips — pricing & customer service

Upon her returning to college today, I took my grand daughter in the Camden, SC location for a wash & dry...

Great Clipsonline check-in and wait

March 6, 2019 this is my 2nd time going to this location since it opened like a year ago and I will not be returning. I just left this location with my 2 sons, only 1 was getting a haircut. I checked in online and it said the wait time was 4 minutes so I checked in. I arrived and was asked if I checked in online and I had, my sons name was the only one on the list, said it would be a few minutes. They were both finishing clients and there was a man waiting that had not checked in and was not listed on the computer screen. He was there when we came in but he made a stink about being there way before we were on the screen and so she took him. I waited on the other stylist the get done and that customer had to run home and get money cause they didnt take his card. She told me she was sorry that she couldnt do anything because she hadnt checked him out and I had to wait on him. 1st of all the man that was there so long before us should have been checked in and added to the list and I should not have had to wait for someone to be rung out of the register. I will never be back to this location and very uncertain about going back period. I usually go to the one on george liles blvd concord, nc and never have this issue. Always some issue when I come in there and probably the reason they dont ever have much of a wait. I will drive out of my way to go to another location or go to sports clips. Just wanted to make you aware of this issue and I am not a happy customer. I dont feel like im at a salon I feel like im at a drive through hair cut place... Just get in and get out. No service recovery at all from them either visit.

Feb 05, 2019

Great Clips — timely services, specifically check in procedures

Have supported this business since its opening in early Fall of 2018 on monthly basis. Always check in...

Jan 14, 2019

Great Clips — simple hair cut

A lot of people say you are a scam but I tried you anyway. Been using store in Pfafftown NC. We had ice storm...

Jan 11, 2019

Great Clips — stylistlinh

came in for a hair wash.. blow dry & comb out. This is my 3rd at this location in Monticello mn. The stylist...

Monticello

Great Clips — haircut

Ticket # 211237 Date: 12/26/2018 11:34AM Maria-the hairdresser Maria was talking too much to other people...

Great Clips — small children of employees at work

Bringing in small children in the workplace where they're exposed to various chemicals and have access to...