Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Cars, Parts & Vehicles General Motors Manufacturer's defect - water leak into the vehicle / sunroof drain house recall

General Motors  -  Manufacturer's defect - water leak into the vehicle / sunroof drain house recall

C
Author of the complaint
8:01 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yes, I am following up with my 2008 GMC Acadia that I purchased off the show room floor through a GMC dealer; our first trip to the mountains and our vehicle was left outdoors; we witness water coming through our dome lights and down our front window and seatbelts into the car. I took it to the dealer as soon as I got back into town, and they said it was the drain tubes and they were plugged. Not sure why; it was in the show room and from there we had it garaged. Nevertheless, they said they fix it, and I went on my way. However, I did contact the Lemon law on 6-3-2008; because I spent 49K and I didn’t like that water is making my vehicle smell; They told me to let them fix it first; which I did; the next time we left the vehicle outside at the Oregon Airport; for 2 weeks,

When we return the car smelled moldy, and when we drove off the lot; water was sloshing around and into our car. I took it back to the dealer; and they kept the car and said the ran it through a car wash and they couldn’t find any leaks. However, I continued to park it in the garage; this has been going on since I purchased the vehicle; and they keep saying they can’t find any leaks. But yet, when it rains and I’m driving it; water is coming into the car. Contact the lemon law and I was told that some of the GMC, Acadia’s drivers were dealing with a water leak problem which was leaving them and their passengers (all wet) not to mention the floorboards and the electrical systems.

I was told to return to my dealer and let them know. Which I did just again to be ignored; because they said they already check my vehicle, and they couldn’t get water to come into my car. Again, I took a trip to Seattle; and had to leave the car outside; the dealer said it was fix. When I got into the car my floorboards were soak and wet; and water was coming out of my vents and dome lights. I took it to a different dealer, and they said they would have to see the water coming in. They suggested me take it back to the original dealer, which I did, and they said it was the drain tube in the sunroof they were plugged again. In Feb, traveled and it was raining, and I had to leave my car out; and when I got in it the floorboards were soak. When I returned, I tried to start it and it wouldn’t start, I jumped it and took the car to the battery store, and they said that my battery was submerged in water and all my electrical wires are all wet. That the car is a hazard and not safe to drive; they had it towed to the dealer. I paid a lot of many for this vehicle; I purchased it for 49K off the show room floor. This car was not sealed or built properly, and GM needs to make it right. All I want is for my car to get fix; I want the water leak fixed; if it means sealing the car; unplugging the tubes again; putting a new sunroof in. But GM needs to pay for it. Because this is a defect, in the way they put this car together, when they built it. And also, they need to detail it and make sure all the electrical wires are dry and not corroded, that there is no mold or mildew; in the car and that it is safe to drive.

This is all hazardous to your health. Bacteria, fungus, mold, and spores can all grow from accumulated condensation in your AC system. This can cause allergy, asthma

Recalls on certain 2008 Acadia's, 2008 Buick Enclave, 2008 Saturn outlooks, all have had a recall on manufacture defect. Sunroof water Leak-Install Drain Tube Extensions.

All have a condition in which water is not properly drained away from the sunroof. Causing water to enter our interior and dampen the carpet, upholstery, and other interior components.

All am asking for you guys to do the right thing. We want the car cleaned and disinfected and for you to make sure that there is no mold or mildew growing anywhere; carpets cleaned and shampooed; and that it is safe to drive; fix leaking problem. Whatever that entails. We just want a safe; reliable vehicle to take family trips which we do not have to rely on the weather.

Please contact Pablo at [protected]; and authorize the repairs; please.

they have had my car since 2-16.

0 comments