Having problems with General Motors?

General Motors Customer Service Contacts

1800 508 0000 (Mexico)
+1 313 556 5000 (United States)
100 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 431301
Detroit, Illinois
United States - 48232-5170
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Motors Customer Service. Initial General Motors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Motors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Motors. Discuss the issues you have had with General Motors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

GM Parts Departmenttrying to find a 2007 truck bed panel for the passenger side.

I love the truck a 2007 four door Silverado four wheel drive dually with the duramax Diesel. The only problem is I was hit by a semi three months ago and I'm still waiting on the passenger side pannel for the truck bed. It is an 8 ft bed. I need a truck. I have had a loaner the whole time from Applegate Chevrolet, but I can't haul with it and I need my truck for what is left of the summer. This could definitely effect my next purchase. Tired of waiting

General Motors Corporationtail light 2016 yukon

I have a GMC Yukon with $45k miles and my tailight intermittently does not work. Hundreds of posts complain about this issue. Dealers can only replace the full taillight assembly for $800, but many side companies offer to fix this for $150 by melting the plastic assembly and soldering a wire between two metal pieces of the circuit that frequently breaks. Why is this not a recall? Who can I discuss this with to understand why gmc is not accepting responsibility for this poor design?

General Motors Corporationbuick encore navigation

Our last 7 vehicles have been GM vehicles. With that said my last three Buick Encores have been with the Navigation option, including my new 2019 which included the $495 navigation option. The previous Encores (2013 & 2016) both included the speed limits on the mapping. My 2019 does NOT!.. My wife's 2019 Buick Envision includes the speed limits on the DIC. I feel that GM goofed when they did the mapping for 2019, leaving off this important feature. GM should give me at no charge either a revised new mapping with the speed limits or an earlier version that does include this feature. Would appreciate a reply on this.
      Ray Hoock

General Motors Corporationservice-ray brandt chevrolet biloxi ms 39532

On 6/27/2019, I took 2016 Chevy Trax in for schedule maintenance. Given a price of 49.95 plus tax by Service Advisor Tammy Ray. Was told it woul not be long. After over a hour and an a half...invoice was presented to me for over $100. They added window wiper blades that were not authorized and a 2.50 EPA fee. During process, Service advisor, Matthew Bull, repeatedly said car was being washed and was just about ready. He lied, car came back not being washed. That's my biggest complaint. I won't do business with liars or anyone associated with them. Makes me wonder if tires were rotated, inspection done, and oil changed. I guss I will never know but I do know this you lost me as a customer!

General Motors Corporationhigh country / 2015 chevrolet

We have had to replace both seat backs, won't stay secure. Costing $ 245.75 each. both seat backs we're replaced by dealership Moore Chevrolet, Silsbee, Texas [protected]. Driver side just replaced today 6/27/2019, the Passenger side in Oct of last year. This truck can't be the only one with this defect. Request refund for service and parts.

Michael Gordon Hodge
          6130 Concord Rd
          Beaumont, Texas 77708

General Motors Corporation2011 chevy malibu

I currently own a 2011 Malibu
            This car was originally Leased new by my mother .
            She put around 8000 miles on the vehicle.
            My brother in law then purchased the vehicle outright because he knew it was in great condition.
            He then sold me the car back in 2017 with 39000 miles on it . So I bought this car because I knew both previous owners and it had low miles on it !
            Now with 62, 000 miles on it out of know where my wife tries to back out of driveway and there is NO REVERSE!! So I get in the car and No Reverse and ONLY FIRST GEAR!! So obviously I have serious transmission issues . It's only has 62, 000 miles
            This can't be happening!!
            So I research online and find out I'm not the only 2011 Malibu owner who's had issues with their transmissions . To my amazement NO RECALL!
            The car looks brand new but is useless to me .
            The repairs are estimated at over $1800 .
            I find out this transmission is a sealed unit NO DIPSTICK, so if their was a problem with low fluid you would never know it! Unbelievable.
            And this transmission I find out also was only used 1 year ! Why was that ?
            I currently own a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan With 204, 000 miles Just routine maintenance on it .
            Considering trading it in and getting a Chevy Cruise But this has really upsetting so I'm shying away from GM
            Looking forward to a response
            Kevin Kreshock
            [protected]@yahoo.com

2011 chevy malibu

General Motors Corporationair conditioner condenser

I had to pay a700.00 to get the air conditioner condenser fixed in my 2014 GMC Sierra and found out from my shop that this is 6 of the same trucks that have had the same problem just in this shop and I'm wondering why there is not a recall on them and if you are going to reimburse me.no o e should have to pay that much for something to be fixed that there is a issue with more than just my truck

General Motors Corporation2014 chevy impala

Problem with key fob. Stopped working. Took car to tom naquin dealership and they cant repair this. This is rediculous. Who in the heck can repair this?. If this is comman, then why havent you had a recall. You can reach me at [protected] or email [protected]@msn.com, this is in elkhart in. This started when I broke my key in the ignition switch. This disabled the vehichle. Called a lock smith, mad a new and fob but couldnt programme it. Then took car to tom naquin. And still not repaired.

General Motors Corporation2018 malibu

i brought a 2018 Malibu for my wife last year -she is happy with it eccept for a cd player. we just assumed it had one but it doesnt so after looking for a year now we havent found a way to put one in it.do they make one for it and if so how can we get it and get it installed. thank you very much ric & lynn zumbrunn, 131 east drive, Sidney, Nebr [protected]@yahoo.com---------[protected]

General Motors Corporationleaking sunroof

I am the owner of 2016 Chevy Equinox, in the spring of April 2018 while sitting in the back seat of my car while on vacation, I noticed that around the sunroof had been leaking. Took it to the dealer, and they cleaned the roof(headliner), and told me to watch it. A couple months later it leaked again, June 18, 2018, this time they told me twisted drain hose, third time (late summer of 2018) they send it to someone that worked on sunroof, whom left out a part when they put it back together, next time May 9, 2019, I didn't even asked what they did, bill states reattached drain hose. And this time (when to the dealers around May 30, 2019) to complain that my car has been in the repair shop 4 times and i still have the same problem and i'm driving around with a water stained headliner. this was to be my retirement car, now GM wants me to buy a new car and i'm not feeling that, GM is not even give the rebates that it gave in 2016. the dealer is will to buy my car and give me $2000. For me to buy a $34000 car, for something that is not my fault, please help with this situation, before that car starts growing mold. Did call customer services today to start a claim.

v.vjak @verizon.net
                    Vista Johnson

General Motors Corporationair bags on colorado 2018

On 6/6/19 I went off the road and no air bags were deployed. There was no response from On Star. The vehicle had heavy damage, a caved in roof, front end damage. I contacted GM right after the accident to advise them about the air bag issue. They didn't do any investigation. See pictures below.

I want the air bags checked to see why they did not work. If you need more pictures or information please advise. Thank you.

General Motors Corporationstart and stop feature

Just acquired my 2019 Equinox in Jan. The stop /start feature is annoying . Can not stand it. Its a hazard and dangerous at intersections. You need to resolve this feature now. If the engineers can figure out how to install it, they can do the same to disconnect it. Should be optional and determined by the buyer. Something needs to be done because right now I'm not pleased with GM and its not my first vehicle. Please, please do something..

Mike Polidori
                        [protected]@frontiernet.net

General Motors Corporationcoating on aluminum wheels [4] is separating at valve stems

2014 Silverado, 24000 miles, garaged at all times. Have extended warranty to 9/8/19. vehicle I D 1gcrcrec6ez350676. G.M. protection plan #[protected].owner: paul w englert 228 ransom rd. Lancaster n.y. 14086.
                          email [protected]@gmail.com
                          phone [protected]
                          replacement or refinished at no expense to me. can send photos if needed.
                          coating on aluminum wheels [4] is separating at valve stems

Jun 22, 2019

General Motors Corporation — gmc acadia slt 1

I purchased a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT 1 in September 2018 FOR $8500 and put an additional $3000 into it to get it...

General Motors Corporation2018 chevrolet traverse - rail dust/brake dust

My 2018 White Traverse has rust tiny rust spots all over it. Further research shows this is a know problem in some white cars. I'm told particles off the brake pads penetrate the clear coat paint and form tiny rust spots. Vehicle had to be acid washed to remove spots. I was told this will continue to happen and there is no solution. Dealership did the first acid wash for free but will not do this again for free. The vehicle is only one year old. I would like a warranty to cover this cleaning process as long as I own the vehicle. 6/21/19.

• Updated by Amy Ruedisueli · Jun 21, 2019

2018 Chevy Traverse is only one year old with 13, 957 miles on it and has a rear main oil leak on 6/10/19. The repair took two weeks but was covered under warranty. It is disappointing that a new vehicle would have this severe of a problem.

• Updated by Amy Ruedisueli · Jun 21, 2019

Rear main seal was leaking and had to be replace and car is one year old and has 13, 957 miles on. Repairs took two week but was covered under warranty. Disappointed that this happened to a new vehicle.

General Motors Corporation2017 sierra

I purchased a 2017 GMC Sierra and when I started experiencing down shifting problems with my 8 speed transmission (which does not happen all the time) I took it to Circle GMC in Highland, IN. for it to be looked at. It down shifting so bad one time that I thought someone hit me. I have seen on you forumn that I am not the only customer that has been experiencing this problem with this 8 speed transmission. Is it GMC stand not to fix a problem that they are aware of or are the dealers not going to fix it because is not a recall problem. My husband wants to purchase a SUV but I am very concerned about purchasing another GM product. I have alway purchased GM vehicles (over the last 40 years) and this is the first time I have been unhappy with one. I really like the Sierra but if I am afraid to drive this truck from Indiana to Virginia 2 to 3 time a year I might have to trade it for some other brand.

Linda Withrow
                              Hammond, Indiana

General Motors Corporationhigh pressure gas pump

In May we were traveling from LaCrosse Wisconsin to Albuquerque. Approxinmately 200 miles east of our destination, we noticed the car was not functioning correctly. We called our local dealer Clason Buick and talked to our salesman Steve Dahl. Steve contacted the closest buick dealer which was Pitre Motors inAlbuquerque. We arrived in Albuquerque driving about 35 to 40 miles per hour. It was closing time on a Friday night. Wayne from Pitre Motors took our car in and by noon on Saturday had it fixed. Steve Dahl our local dealer, called several times to make sure we were taken care of. Pitre did an excellent job of seeing to it our problem was taken care of immediately. We would like to thank both dealerships. We always buy buick products because we are pleased with the continual service we receive.

General Motors Corporation2015 chevy trax warranty not honored

I sent a 2015 Trax with oil on top of the number 2 and number 4 spark plugs. Prior to my taking it in I ran a code scan, several times because of the number of codes! A misfire code, two oxygen sensor codes, an EGR code, a Catalytic Converter code, A fuel code, and a compression code. The dealership, Easy Syracuse Chevy tells me they only got the misfire code and the coil and number four plug need to be changed!

First of all, I got the codes several times! I even went out and bought a new code scanner because I mistrusted so many codes on a relatively good running vehicle, misfire aside. They are totally ignoring the fact that GM's do not have oil on top of the spark plugs!!! That is a power train failure and therefore covered under warranty, as all of the exhaust and intake, and EGR system! I probably have oil in the injectors too but they want me to pay them to change the coil and a plug...

Please advise how I can get my warranty honored before I trade my 2015 Colorado in for a Ford Saturday! I am not happy to have them try to lie and cheat my daughter out of coverage on her car!

Fran Gavin

General Motors Corporation2010 camaro 1lt

I bought a 2010 Camaro 6MT from Kia country of Charleston South Carolina last March.
                                    It had 33 thousand miles.
                                    Since then I have had to rebuild the transmission twice at a cost of 5k.
                                    I do not Auto cross it and I do not race it.
                                    I just vacuumed it out and now it is saying service airbag.
                                    Please just buy this car back for me I am super unsatisfied.
                                    James Tylor souviney likes

General Motors Corporationradio/cell phone compatibility

I have a 2018 GMC Terrain, VIN: 3GKALMEV9JL399877, and am having cell phone connection/radio problems. I started out with a Samsung SG7 phone which initially worked, but then suddenly quit connecting to Android Auto. I took it to Carl Hogan Chevrolet in Columbus, MS for them to check out why. They told me that my SG7 was not compatible with my radio. I then went to my cell phone carrier (Verizon) and bought the newest cell phone they offered which was an S10e. That phone would not connect either, so I took it back to the dealer and in turn they told me that phone was not compatible either. I got them to give me a printout of compatible phones, and went back to Verizon and traded the S10e for an S9 which the printout said was 100% compatible. It wouldn't work either, so I had to assume it was not the phone, rather than the radio. The dealer ordered and installed a new radio. Now everything works except the wifi program.

I called OnStar and they gave me the following (case no. [protected]) message: "(The member will need to scroll down on the left to see this setting)CSM LOW member has to make sure the Wi-Fi Services is turned on then scroll down to the bottom Share Hot spot Data is turned on as well so to recap:
                                      Both settings icons have to be toggled (switched) "on" to "green" to enable the Wi-Fi
                                      1) Wireless Hotspot must be switched on to allow wireless access to Wifi Hotspot:
                                      2) Scroll down the screen to Hotspot Data and turn "ON" to share data with Connected Devices"

If you find you cannot perform step 2, please note an issue has been identified with Model Year 2018 vehicles equipped with Info 3 Low radios (RPO Code IOR) that prevents the Wi-Fi hotspot from being enabled. Any member that experiences this issue should be referred to their dealer to have the dealer perform a software calibration. It can only be resolved by a GM dealership.

I was unable to turn the Wifi on (step 1), much less enable data share (step 2), so I took it back to the dealer who kept it for two days with no cure. They told me that someone canceled the case number (for what reason I don't know). The mechanic said he could not find the RPO code on the radio and has been trying to contact someone at GM to resolve the issue, but was told they couldn't help him without a case number. My questions are who canceled the case, why, and what needs to be done to correct this ongoing problem?

Contact info: