General Motors Corporationsteering failure in 2016 chevy silverado

R Nov 15, 2019

To whom it may concern;

I'm writing to your company in hopes of some investigation and answers. I recently was driving in the city of Edmonton when my steering quit! I was barely able to park my 2016 Chev Silverado due to this. When I went to back up I was not able to turn the steering wheel, this is when the service steering warning came on! A little to late!! I had to have my vehicle towed and then found out that the electrical power steering and gears had broken, quit and needed to be replaced for the amount of $3236.35! This infuriates me!!! I have been a loyal GM buyer for the past 25 years, but I am am truly considering a different make of vehicle. This was not under my warranty, which really made me angry. My vehicle has 112, 463 km on it, and this should not happen! What if I was travelling on the highway at 110 km/hr??? Not only would I fear for my life but those of others, especially when on a double lane highway! Any information that will help my anger will be greatly appreciated. Maybe this should be a recall on these types of vehicles, maybe I should be reimbursed, and maybe there should be some sort of warning! I have contacted my dealership and they are looking into this matter as well. I hope to hear from you as soon as possible, or I may have to look into other alternatives to answer my questions. I have attached a copy of the receipt and work order for your reference.

Reed Ludwig