Geicoinsurance policy auto debit and renewal

K

Happy belated Memorial Day. My Memorial day was enjoyable but not the happy adventure I had planned for my family. I had imagined going to Indiana Dunes historic state Park with my daughters. During the drive I had imagined teaching them about the honorable women and men that gave everything in service to protect this beautiful country. Instead I woke up to a negative checking account.

I trusted that the system would work.
I called May 25, 2016 at 12:40 pm and spoke to agent Megan Zuchoski. I requested to cancel the auto-debit on my account. I requested to have my husband removed from my auto policy. I requested for a supervisor and my call was disconnected. I had been a loyal customer for approximately 10 years. Since getting married, I have had so many difficulties continuing my auto insurance policy. Approximately in November Geico refused to take my money unless I added my husband to my policy and cut my insurance off. Remaining loyal to Geico I followed the requested steps and continued my auto coverage with Geico. At the beginning of May I received notice that I would lose my good driver benefit and that my policy would raise to approximately $234. I chose a path to be of service to my community by becoming a social worker for children with the State of Indiana. Social Work is my passion and not the quickest way to earn a living wage for a family of four. $234 is not in my budget. Once again on 5/25/16 I requested that my husband sign an exclusion and be taken off my policy. Megan Zuchoski stated that Geico’s contract with the State of Indiana did not allow for such exclusions. I stated that there were other auto companies in Indiana that allowed for the exclusion. I stated that I had signed such an exclusion for my husband’s auto policy through Titan. After a lot of argument I unfortunately came to the conclusion that I could not afford to continue my relationship with Geico and stated that if the policy could not be brought back down to $107, there will be no renewal of the policy for May 25, 2016. I stated that since marriage Geico has not offered the same excellent service as in the past. I felt like my marriage and Geico’s inability to compromise ruined the relationship I had formed with Geico over the past several years. Once again, I trusted the system. I trusted that Megan Zuchoski would do her job and remove the auto-debit off the account. I trusted that Megan Zuchoski would not new my auto insurance.

On May 29th, 2016 I wanted to buy my children American themed swimwear, glow sticks and other cheeky memorial themed toys. On 5/29/16 I was surprised that my trust was betrayed and placed into the wrong agents hands. I called Geico at 12:40 pm and spoke to Alaina Seidler. I was very upset and didn’t use appropriate coping skills, I verbally cussed and yelled. Agent Alaina Seidler was able to calm me down and reassure me the situation would be resolved. The agent cancelled the policy and requested a refund to my bank account. I was assured that if the recordings on 5/25/16 proved that I requested the auto payment stopped and my policy to not renewed, all my banking issues would be resolved. I was told to send in a running bank statement log. Once again I trusted the system. I prayed and thought the situation would resolve itself.

On 5/31/16 I called to check on the status of my refund. At 2:30 pm I spoke with Sandra Schliekelman. She stated that my request for Geico to cover the overdraft fees were denied. I was very upset and requested to hear the recordings from 5/25/16. I know the recording would be key to resolving the discrepancies. She once again assured me that the recordings were the key and that she was requesting to review the recording. I talked about the discrepancy on when that policy cancelation date.

On June 1st, 2016 at 1:25pm I was told the call on 5/25/16 had not been recorded and that Geico would not be covering my loss at all. I had requested Geico to cover my overdraft fees. I did not go running up overages on purpose. I moment I realized that the Geico payment posted to my account, I stopped using my Teacher’s Credit Union account. The last debit was for taking my children to the Drive in at Tibbs Movie Theater and purchasing hotdogs. I simply lived my life expecting and trusting that Geico agents performed their duties with integrity and honor. Unfortunately that was not the case and now my account is negative $189.79. I don’t receive another paycheck for 7 days. Geico hasn’t even processed a debit reversal for the $234.77. My overdraft fees are $160 for small purchases I had made on Saturday. These purchases included a Beyonce CD for the drive, food for the trip, gas to make the trip, and fast food.

I need assistance in returning my checking account to a positive standing. My daughters are understanding that everyday people make mistakes. I try to instill in my children to always correct their mistakes, no matter the cost. Please help me, Help Geico to correct their mistake