Complaints & Reviews

Increased Premium

Over the last year, my premiums have gone up four times in the last. year. It is one thing to be out right exploited with premium, but for the same company not to pay your bills after they deduct your premium. I felt like I was loosing control over my health payment.

Reporting the increases to Maryland Insurance commission was a waste of my ink, paper and time. Apparently, there are no state controls on one hand but on the other hand they are regulatory body. Have no fear people. I am taking my power and money back. My once a year visit to my doctor will be paid in cash and I will bank the premium and pay my doctor directly.

Hey, you could do the same. That will teach them from being so greedy.

• Po
    poor citizen Mar 11, 2010

Dear Carefirst,

Please give a good explanation as to why you removed 3 individuals off of our plan back in July of 2009, when there was a simple request to increase our deductible for a lower premium? Also, please explain why after months of back and forth and transfers between department supervisors we are finally added back onto the policy (which we had been paying the family premium for all along, with only 1 person covered).

Here's the kicker! Please explain to me why from July through December we continued to pay the family rate and then it was reduced to what it should've been all along. Please also explain why you only withdrew a small amount in January and February but then smacked on a withdrawl of over $800.00 yesterday (march) without any notice or correspondence. All the while our deductible is very high so you haven't had to pay out a dime because we are fortunate to live healthy lifestyles.

I wonder Carefirst, will you also reimburse me for all 6 NSF fees that my account now is charging me becauseI'm not fortunate enough to keep an extra $800.00+ in the checking account.

I wonder how is Carefirst allowed to increase your premium by $600.00 without any notice at all.

Unfortunately, with the premiums we pay, their customers service is not adequate enough to own up to an error. They are good at the pass the buck game.

Fortunately for Carefirst, my husband is on his way out to Owings Mills to address our concerns in person.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices