Geek Squadplan renewal notification failure

I

I purchased a Lenovo laptop and Geek Squad protection plan in January 2016. There was a 6 month trial of Kaspersky Protection. When the 6 months were up [July 2016], I went in to renew Kaspersky and extend the Geek Squad protection as well. So today, 6/25/2017 when I called to renew Kaspersky and Geek Squad Protection, I was told that the GeekSquad plan expired in January, 2017! I explained MANY times that I did not receive any renewal notification. And was told that because it had expired the only option available to me was $199.99 per year/ or $99.99 plus $7.99 per month for coverage which is much more than the $99.99 annual renewal I signed on for. I had been transferred from support to billing in total 6 times, I repeated explained the situation, one person even hung up on me although I was not rude in the least. When I finally got a supervisor - she only echoed that because it had expired- that the original plan could not be reinstated. And even though I did not get a renewal email notification "I should know when my plan expired". I explained again, that I thought it was in July which is why I was NOW calling to renew. That point was lost! There was no record of renewal notification and after I asked repeatedly to renew at the original rate, I was told that could not be done. Exceptions are always made - especially when there was a failure in communication from the Merchant. After an hour and 10 minutes of this nonsense, I gave up. With the exception of Amanda, it was impossible. Why would I call to renew 6 months after an expiration?! I have been a good customer!