Menu
Gardner-White Furniture
reviews & complaints

Gardner-White Furniture
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

142 complaints
22 resolved 120 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Gardner-White Furniture. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
H
6:13 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello. I purchased a couch, love seat and chair on June 27th from your Auburn Hills store. The furniture was delivered promptly and according to schedule on June 28th. I was very pleased and provided positive feedback based on my service at that time. Shortly after we received the furniture we realized that 1 of the USB ports on the couch was not working. I...

9:26 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a dresser that was advertised as 20% off. I have a gardner white card which have a credit limit I wanted use bottom line. The sales lady told me the dresser would be $ 588 free shipping after I got my bill and didnt see new charges added to it I had my daughter to bring me the paper work to the purchase of the dresser thats when I dont know what...

L
12:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, I bought several pieces from you over the past couple years, and recently made quite a purchase. I went to payoff the account in full before surgery (that left me completely bed ridden!), on Comentity's website. They have a few selections, one is to pay the account in full. I picked that button, paid it in full, or so I thought. Little did I know...

L
11:10 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took my disabled brother to get a living room outfit and ended up buying a new sofa and reclining chair . After reviving my first set that was damaged it was replaced and several times when two people were onit if one got off I was thrown off !!! I called and complained several times and of course they sent out a tech and he witnessed it himself .. So...

R
11:02 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 10-23-2015 we puchased a new bed from Gardner White on 14 mile in WarrenI am a 69 year old and purchased a new bed on Thursday of last week.The salesperson told me that removal of the old bedding was included in the price of the new bed. When the delivery guys came, they examined the old mattress very studiously and proclaimed that there was a problem...

J
5:05 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Protective plan is not covering the fabric problems I'm having as I was told when purchased that this chair was covered for any thing that happens to it from anything. My salesperson said that it would either be fixed ore replaced for 5 years. I had the tech come out and he said to call in for the results and when I did they said that there are no reports of problems with the fabric so they aren't going to fix it.

11:37 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First, during the shopping trip, my friend and I were treated quite rudely. Especially after the sales person insisted I apply for the Gardner White credit card (which I already knew I would be denied due to credit issues). Well, he ran my credit, and just as I told him, it was denied. Right at that point, his whole demenor changed, as though we didn't...

5:15 pm EDT
Replied
Gardner-White Furniture has left an official reply on this complaint.

Gardner-White Furniture - warranty scam

Purchased 5k in furniture and a $500 warranty. Warranty is a huge scam. Company is called Guardian Protection. They denied my claim based on a minor issue that could have been resolved quite easily. Saleperson definately "sold" it. The store is the Hall Rd. and Hayes store in suburban Detroit. Don not shop there or any Gardner White. Huge scam.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Not amused! On Aug 9th while I was home for a friend’s wedding, my boy friend and I found this bedroom set. We bought this bedroom set, had this bedroom set delivered and then the fun started! On Aug 16thwe got the first delivery, not the entire bedroom set made it to the warehouse, so we were going to have to wait. What was delivered was not in first cla...

N
7:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a I-Comfort mattress $2400 worth, first one lasted 2 months and failed mfg specs. Next one lasted 8 months, srnt another employee to check our complaint of sags, failed again. We both weigh a total of 300 lbs. Sales mgr Paul S. basically lied time after time stating they would take care of this, still battling 3 months later.. Be aware when making this amount of purchase, they won't back what they sell.

A
2:51 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The owners of Gardner White does not care about their employees. I was bullied and harrased on a daily basis. I had fake gmails, fake complaints, and horrible employess trying to get me fired. I had rumors about me spread around and my job threatened for no reason. I sold 70, 000 dollars of merchandise for the month of April and the next month I am...

3:13 pm EDT

Gardner-White Furniture - cheaply made furniture

We bought a love seat and 2 recliners from the Canton store last March. Within a month of having the furniture, the stuffing was packing down and shifting in the arms, the cushion of the one chair was lumpy and the handle on one chair was chipping paint. We called them in January of 2012. Since then 3 people have been out. The first time all the guy did was take pictures and submit some of the complaint, but not all of it, and said someone would call us. They never did, so we went down there to talk to a manager. We got Shannon. She assured us someone would come out and take care of it. Someone else came out and he did replace the one cushion and added another core to the recliner, but then told us that he was not going to be adding stuffing to the arms, because that was another person that had to take care of that and it was about a four hour job. I talked to Shannon again and asked her to set up the appointment with the other person that could add the stuffing. She again made me believe that the correct person was going to be coming out to add stuffing to the arms, and we did set up that appointment. When the man came out all he did was change the handle on the chair. He was there maybe 5 minutes, and again said that was an all day appointment and that he couldn't do it. Three times now I've sat around here waiting for their service people to come fix the problem, and 3 times have been disappointed by the result. I'm tired of Shannon's false promises, and again that man told me someone would call and they again have not. I feel that the people at Gardner White are deliberately trying to avoid this problem until the warranty runs out, which is at the end of April. No furniture should look like ours in such a short time. I've had furniture for 13 years that the stuffing never moved around like this. It's completely unacceptable. I sent a letter explaining the problems we've had to the corporate office, and I did hear back from Kim, the same day. She said it was not a defect, and that the furniture required us to "fluff up" the arms after use and that they would not re-stuff the arms. The furniture was only a couple months old when this all started. I will never shop there again, and I urge everyone else to find their furniture elsewhere as well.

1 comment
G
Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am EDT

Gardner White Furniture appreciates your input. Gardner White offers a 1-year warranty against manufacturer's defects. Many products today use a dacron in the arms and cushions. Dacron will flatten with use. Dacron will also fluff back up with assistance. We apologize you are unhappy with the Dacron material. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ms. Preston
District Manager

1:24 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased furniture on 3/2i5/11. My bed broke on 3/13/12. I contacted the store, and service tech came out. Of course, he couldn't fix it. His manager contacted me, stating it was broken because of a weight issue, basically explaining we weighed too much and broke it. (My husband and I combine maybe weight 400lbs) we spoke to Rick, who did nothing and...

11:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last July my wife and I purchase a new king size mattress during the king for queen sale at the Gardner White on Dixie Highway in Waterford Michigan. Everything started off perfect. It was delivered a day or two later and great until after only 7 months it was sagging quite a bit. We called and someone came out very soon and said we would be able to get a...

C
5:43 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought a set Of Leather couches and got them delivered to Canada for an extra 90 bucks! Got it home and it was damaged. Gardner white said no problem and made a second delivery...again there was damage to that set too!!! Damages were rips and scuffs and a couple of Manufacturer defects with stiching. So they made another delivery and again it wasnt perfect!...

P
5:32 am EST

Gardner-White Furniture - customer service

I bought a set of side tables and center table from Gardner white. They gave me a cleaner to use. After 6 months, the wood started peeling off. When I complained, they said they are going to send a rep. to check. When the rep. came, even before he inspected the table, he started to blame that it is our fault. This is the stupidest reason I have ever heard. They mentioned the wood is peeling of because of over cleaning as if we do not have anything else to do. When I called up again, they mentioned that I should not have used the cleaner they gave when I bought the tables and asked me to complain to the cleaner company.

No matter, what deal they have in their store, I will never step into their store in my life. All they do is provide false promises and cheat customers giving them high hopes of quality products.

3 comments
Nov 24, 2011 1:09 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You never contacted us so I couldn't help you
BarbTGW

Nov 21, 2011 6:39 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This ia Barb T the VP at Gardner White. We can not find an order under the posters name. Please email me at [email protected]

Nov 21, 2011 11:13 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mr Chandra- I am the Vice President of Gardner-White. I will have someone look up the service file and all you this morning so we can resolve the situation. Can you email me you telephone number, order number or the address on the order? My email address is [email protected]

P
4:31 am EDT

Gardner-White Furniture - lousy quality and even worse customer service!

I purchased a $3000.00 Simmons Beautyrest mattress less than two years ago. It was the best one they had, according to the salesman. Now, like I said, less than two years later, one of the sides has completely collapsed! I'm talking like 3+ inches! the side is bowed out, and the matress is collapsing now. I called to have it replaced under warrantee (20 year manufacturers warrantee), and Gardner White refuses to do anything at all because there was a water mark on the mattress from my Son's bottle leaking water. Apparently once they have "proof" photos from their technician that there was ever a mark on the mattress (even though I wiped it off, and it's now completely gone), the warrantee is null and void! we have furnished our entire home from this place, and they can't help us get a replacement under warrantee...? I am done with them... canceled my credit account, and am telling anyone and everyone who will listen to ever go there. It's hard times out there, and most companies can't afford to lose loyal clients, but apparently Gardner White doesn't think they need to provide any customer service at all. Good luck to them... I certainly won't be coming back in a few months when I have a new home to furnish!

D
5:32 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was promised NO interest on my purchase ( of what turned to junk within 2 months) When I got my bill there it was INTEREST charges. When I called the Taylor store to speak with the saleswoman who sold me the furniture, she played dumb and acted as if she didn't remember me! I am insulted and angry. I will get to the bottom of this. Do not shop the Taylor...

12:22 am EDT

Gardner-White Furniture - odd policy

We purchased a sofa and chair on a Sunday afternoon, both pieces were in stock. According to Gardner White's delivery schedule, they were only able to deliver to us on the following Friday. The salesperson made a point of explaining that if other people purchased the same pieces in the meantime, and they were ahead of us on the delivery schedule, that they would get the furniture, and we would be out of stock. It makes no sense to me, from a customer service standpoint, that you would stiff the customer who had already paid and had been waiting longer - it's not like we have any control over the delivery route. Apparently this happens to people who purchase items that are in the sales flyer that are in greater demand. Luckily our pieces weren't so popular, and arrived on schedule.
I am just putting this information out there so that other buyers can be aware of the risk. Although our experience wasn't bad; this policy could be a problem for others. Buyer Beware.

5:36 pm EST

Gardner-White Furniture - leather sectional sofa

I bought a leather sectional sofa in 2008 and the sales guy recommended to purchase a leasther protection plan for 5 years. I purchased the plan. In 2009 I sent a request to Gaurdian who are supposed to send technician to fix a very small tear came took pictures and sent a letter back saying it is not covered as it is near a seam. In 2010 the first tear increased in size and a second one developed nearby so I sent another request in December 2010. A tech sent by Gaurdian leather protection plan came took pictures and said the company would call nad notify with in couple days. They called me and sid that the said sofa I believe is a leather grain sofa and it is not covered in their plan.
I would like both Gardiner white and Gaurdian Leather protection company for deceiving me and not providing me service.

I need a immediate reply on this.

Gardner-White Furniture contacts