Complaints & Reviews

very bad product quality!

Our Frigidaire dishwasher model PLD3460RDC1 (that was purchased new in November, 2005) has broken again for...

electrolux sold me defective refrigerator!

I purchased a 275L Luxury SF Refrigerator from Arvee Sales Agencies, New Delhi in Jan 2004 which stopped cooling promptly after its warranty period of one year in Jun 05. I paid for its servicing and have been paying Rs 1230 every year during summers since the timer, despite being "Made in USA", has a warranty of three months and lasts exactly a year.

I sincerely feel that this is precisely the reason why Electrolux is losing the Indian market to the Korean products, low reliability, poor value for money and sub standard technology.

I sincerely recommend all not to even see their products leave alone buy them. They suck!!!

• De
    Deepak GOel Nov 22, 2007

I fully agree with you. These guys are cheaters to the core. If not the company then their sales and after sales support team is a big loser.

defective washer

Frigidaire front load washer one & a half old tub mount carroded so bad it broke in two places checked with lows for parts was told the part came as an assembly it would cost212.00 plus s&h all together would be 302.00 this ridiculous the part was inferior to start with if water ate it up i hope you read this before you buy model# ltf53odso from now on its only whirlpool. Thank you.

• Al
    Almeras May 03, 2007

How old was the machine and how long was the warranty?

Chris Polk May 15, 2008

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on www.complaintsboard.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so please send me your contact information, and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number if available, so that I can research this matter? Again I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely
    Chris Polk
    Escalation Specialist
    Electrolux Major Appliances
    [email protected]

frustrated from electrolux

My name is Ravi Bhanot and this mail is my frustration towards Electrolux. I bought Electrolux 1.5 ton split AC on 6th April 2007, thinking that it has a good brand value and it would be long lasting. I bought it to give my father as a gift on his retirement.

I bough this from Amritsar dealer’s name is Bholi Brothers, however I am very sorry to say that whatever impression I have for Electrolux all go in vain. Those people gave us faulty unit and also were not ready to replace that. It has been really frustrating. Those people are spoiling Electrolux brand name.

Regards,
Ravi Bhanot

• Pr
    Prabhu Apr 24, 2007

Dear Mr. Ravi,

I have had a similar experience with Hitachi Quadricool 1 ton window ac. Please bear in mind that Electrolux is a good brand still as I have seen it in a friend's office. He uses it 10 hrs+. I am still thinking of buying an electrolux 1 ton split for home.

Many dealers dont care a damn once your payment is made. Most ACs come damaged due to poor logistics. My experience with Hitachi is the same. The call center at Hitachi is pathetic. I wished they change my new AC with other piece, but they would not. Atlast I have to bear with the damaged piece which I got from my dealer at Malad, Mumbai. It somehow works now, but nothing great to the 5000 Rs. Premium price I paid for buying a Quadricool AC. Finally the korean brands seem to be better choice than AMTREX HITACHI in todays market.

Prabhu.

• As
    ashay Apr 14, 2009

should i buy electrolex split ac or voltas window ac both are near abt same rate of 1.5 tonns

• Ar
    argagan May 25, 2009

you have not told what was the problem?

pathetic customer service by electrolux

I purchased an electrolux er40dfonps ozone dual health guard refrigerator in november 2006. the piece wa...

no more general motors made crap for me!

We bought our stacking Frigidaire (top load) washer/dryer about seven years ago. We had an old Frigidaire pair that we gave away when we bought this troublemaker. The old washer filtered the water so the lint did not get into the pump and stop it up. This new unit has no such feature and occasionally "surprises" us with about 20 gallons of water on the floor. No more General Motors made crap for me. Next time, I'm going with a foreign-made model.

• La
    Larry Larson Jan 18, 2007

Note that GM sold the Frigidaire division over twenty years ago. The old GM built machines were bulletproof (I have some coin operated ones in an apartment that were bought in the 60s.). I don't know who makes the new ones.

out of warranty, no help!

Just has the control box on the refrigerator (model FR523W3AW5) replaced. From speaking to the repairman thi...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices