Complaints & Reviews

Resolved bad product, bad service

This is the worst dishwasher I have ever owned! My dishes won't come clean at all unless I run it at the "Ultimate Scrub" setting that runs for over 2 hours! Think of the energy we are wasting. Even then, I get a couple of dishes that don't come clean. I have to practically wash everything before loading this thing. I have been putting up with this for over a year. I finally called Electolux (the manufacturer) and they say it's not thier problem. I have to contact Best Buy again and schedule another service. Best Buy has been wonderful so far. They come out repeatedly to try different things to try and get this thing to perform better and they have finally told me that there really isn't anything they can do other than give me another one just like it. I will never buy another product made by Electolux! I advise you to check and see who is the manufacturer for your products when considering appliances in the future. Electolux manufactures for a lot of the companies who just put thier name on it and you are stuck with the worst products I have ever seen.

dangerous products

There is a website dedicated just to this subject- It's called frigidairesucks.ca
here is a link to the site where I have posted my story in the "range" section. I am tadpolegal, and this is the link:

Lets let the world know how they suck!

Resolved rip off

Frigidaire does not honor their mail in rebate program. I purchased a kitchen full of appliances and qualified for a $250 rebate. I got a check for $25. What makes the whole situation maddening however is that there is no easy way to contact them in order to press them. They have consumers use a snail mail address for correspondence. There are are email or phone numbers. My snail mail got usually got ignored and when it didn't it took weeks to get response that offered no closure.

Hopefully this will discourage people from buying some Frigidaire products and teach them a lesson...

Chris Polk Nov 04, 2008

Sales, rebates and other promotional offers are only available at participating dealers. Frigidaire does not maintain a list of which dealers may be participating in any given offer.
    For more assistance with rebates please contact the Dealer Rebate Department at 800-572-8045.

poor product / poor guarantee

My dryer, barely used, almost burnt my house down. I went downstairs one day and noticed a burnt smell and tracked it to the dryer which was not being used. But, the body of the dryer was smoking hot. After unplugging the dryer, I let it cool down and tore it apart to test it, because it was just over the one year warrenty. I found the element was on even though the main controls were off !!! I called several reapair shops and was qouted around $200.00 for the service trip and parts. Well the part alone was $160.00. I emailed the Canadian Factory rep, told them the issue with a barely used unit and they basically told me too bad so sad, go get it fixed !! No help, no concern, did not give a dam about product quality. I guess they felt they had our money already so why bother. Well, I struck back. I went out and bought a LG dryer from Home Depot. Never again will I support this company. And just think about all the bad advertising they are going to get, rather than helping a customer out. Their call, they can live with it.

• Am
    Amy Flock Oct 02, 2014

The Electrolux Front Loader Washing Machine (EIFLS60LSS0) purchased in 2013 is destroying my clothes.
    It rips towels, and causes pilling on my clothes. They look old and worn. I have resorted to hand washing clothes
    that I don't want destroyed.. The Electrolux Company is unable to help me resolve the issue. They will only pay for parts replacement but won't diagnosis the parts that need to be replaced. BYERS BEWARE. I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND NIT BUYING AN ELECTROLUX FRONT LOADER WASHING MACHINE.

• On
    Online_Outreach_SPC Oct 06, 2014

Hello Friend,

On behalf of Frigidaire, please except our humble apologies on your recent frustrating experience.

Please allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence. We never wish such inconveniences upon our consumers and want to research your history with us. If you will, kindly contact us at SocialCare(at)Frigidaire.com with your full name in the subject line and all contact and product information in your email body.

Your concern will be reevaluated with our complete and full attention. We hear your voice and thank you for taking your time to share your important feedback, and again, our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory experience.

Best regards

Outline Outreach Specialist

poor product quality and pathetic after sales

I had purchased an Electrolux Microwave oven with grille and convection a month back from Reliance Digital, Hyderabad. After using it rarely for 20-25 days the oven was dead. The matter was informed to Reliance Digital more than a week back but there was no results. After making further inquiries, the Reliance Digital customer care informed me that inspite of repeated complaints to Electrolux Service Center in Hyderabad they did not bother to send anybody to check the oven and they are showing don't care attitude. Reliance Digital customer care staff also requested me to contact the Electrolux Service Center in Hyderabad, directly to make further follow up.

4-5 days back, I called Electrolux Service Center in Hyderabad the so called 'customer care executive' first refused to talk in English or Hindi, and insisted that I should talk only in Telugu or Tamil (I speak none). After giving him a thrash he started talking in broken English and after talking for 10 minutes he informed me that someone will visit my house at Mahindra Hills, Hyderabad to check the matter but none turned up !

Most of the time, when I call Electrolux Service Center in Hyderabad, they either do not pick up the phone or the lines remain engaged. The Reliance Digital people are also facing the same problem.

My sincere advise, that although I have been using Electrolux products for last 20 years during living and working abroad but after this experience with Electolux in India, I will not refer anybody to make the selection of the brand due to simple reason I have experienced. As an internationally known academician, customer satisfaction expert and management consultant, I will be teaching the case of poor Electrolux after-sales service as an example of brand failure.

• Le
    Leanne Patterson Aug 05, 2010

I am so disgusted in the customer service that I have received from your company. I have been through 2 simpson washing machines since 2008 and refuse to get a store credit so that I can buy another one. My current washing machine is giving me electric shocks and the service provider has recommended to not use this machine again. This was 8 weeks ago. I have been without a washing machine ever since. Today, I have found out that my claim has not been processed and that I will have to wait another 6 to 8 weeks for payment. NOT GOOD ENOUGH Harvey Norman Innisfail has been nothing but a nightmare as well. If you do not want me to go to Current Affair with my complaint, I would if I was you do something about this as soon as possible. I AM ONE VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER
    And, if you don't mind, my name and number are confidential, and I do not expect anyone ringing me on this number unless you are willing to help with my situation.
    LEANNE PATTERSON
    0408 301070

• Sh
    Sheila frost Oct 06, 2010

I purchased all four appliances from electrolux in April 2010. This will make the 16 th visit from repairmen and guess what? It's still not fixed. I know I'm one crazy person for putting up with this. I keep hoping it will get fixed once and for all. My advise to anyone wanting to purchase an electrolux item is to walk on by it. Save yourself the grief.

C Hee Dec 21, 2012

I purchased Electrolux hob and hood to replace my old unit. I trusted Electrolux products and so I believe what was the representation on the brochure about the KW capacity of the hob. It is supposed to be good for asian cooking etc.
    But no, the design was to optimisze the gas usage and not to maximize the frame energy.
    It was much worse that my earlier model. I call for service and the technicians came on separate occasion and could not solve the problem. I called the Electrolux headoffice and the sales manager was not helpful and passed the buck around. It was several months ago. I felt very frustrated on every occasion when my sister in law is cooking the meal.
    I later understand that Electrolux Malaysia is locally owned now.
    Their response is not forthcoming and hope that this matter just die by itself leaving me feeling a stupid fool trusting an international brand.
    I will not recommend buying any Electrolux products. They are not responsive and irresponsible not to settle my case.

Resolved bad product

A motor failure in a front-loading, heavy-duty, water-efficient Frigidaire washer (model 417.440842) triggered the failure of both the motor and main control boards according to a qualified service person. Two service visits and replacement of the main control board was needed to determine that.

The cost to replace the two boards is $700 plus service cost. The total repair cost is more than the original cost of the machine.

The machine is three years old. The standard guarantees are less than three years. The company, (Electolux) customer service person "lacks the resources" to respond to this complaint.

Chris Polk Sep 16, 2008

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on complaintsboard.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so please send me your contact information, and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number if available, so that I can research this matter? Again I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely
    Chris Polk
    Escalation Specialist
    Electrolux Major Appliances

• Ka
    Karen Norwood Sep 29, 2008

I have a complaint about the pronto 2 in 1 vacumn. It is a cordless and I have had it less than 2 years. It was a gift from my husband so I have no receipt as he did not keep it. It will not hold a charge so I called electrolux to find a dealer to see if he could order batteries. I got no satisfaction. He told me I would have to buy a whole new unit (the hand part that holds the cup that collects dirt). He thought that held the batteries. I told him that was ridicules. I am extremely frustrated and angry as I have fiddled with this problem for 6 monthes. I went back to Sams and they would do nothing without a receipt. How can I get satisfaction on a product I consider seriously flawed. All I want is batteries to run the unit. Model EL1000 type A serial no. 060103149 charger only KA12D150020033u

• Wa
    wattzlisa Nov 06, 2008

I purchased a brand new electrolux dishwasher beginning 0f 7/08. It was delivered at the end of July. Three days after installing we noticed water coming out from under neath it. It ended up being the hose connected permanently to the dishwasher as well as something internal according to the appliance guy. THEIR own insurance comp. came out... said yes we have to replace your entire laminate flooring.. you should hear from them within 30 days...40 days comes NOTHING. I call them.. Oh did I forget the 10 plus calls I have made in the interim to find out whY noone THERE returns their calls...Spoke to Helen HAney... WHO offered NO apologies for the extended length of time this was taking... I asked WHAT the status was and mentioned that the insurance guy didnt check under the flooring for damage and what if we find that.. she mentioned that I should check that and email her the findings.. If no damage she would RUSH out the release papers... WELL, two emails later and two phone calls Still NO response... IMAGINE that!! OH she also m entioned that even though my flooring is almost 5 yrs old they get to deduct for depreciation.. So I will have to pay the rest out of my POCKET for damaged caused by their defective appliance OR I could tu;rn it into my own insurance... and LOSE my claim free discount... Needless to say my floor is still torn up and the "replacement" dishwasher is still sitting in my garage...3 months now...Thats what you get for doing business with ELECTROLUX... NEVER AGAIN!!! Oh and they originally wanted to "repair" a 3 day old appliance.. I didnt pay 1, 000.00 dollars for a REFURBISHED dishwasher...

• Fa
    Farmgirl34 Apr 15, 2009

I purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer in Aug. 2008. My previous freezer (Sears Coldspot) died at 40 yrs. of age, and it never had any problems. On Apr 06, 2009 the new freezer stopped working. Ever since I have been getting the run around from Electrolux. I have called them every day. I get someone in a foreign country, and it is difficult to understand them due to their accents. Each time they ask for the same info that I have already given them, even though I also give them my "reference" number. After several days they called to tell me that someone will be out to look at it on Apr 14. I ask my work to have off that day. On Apr 13, I called Electrolux to get the name and number of the repair place, so I can find out what time they are coming. I called the place and they have no record of it. They said Electrolux normally faxes the info to them and they had not received anything. I once again called Electrolux. In her thick accent, the woman replied, "ma'am, we don't send faxes." We went back and forth about this for a few minutes, she told me to call them back the next day. I told her that I had been calling them for the past week, and they needed to straighten this out and call me back. The lady said they would call me the next day ( Apr 14). As of 1000am Apr 14, I had not heard from Electrolux. I tried calling them and reached a recording telling me that they were experiencing technical difficulties and to call back in 4 hours! This is ridiculous. As of today, Apr 15, Electrolux still has not called. What kind of customer service is this? I purchased a freezer at a local store yet when problems arise, I have to deal with people in foreign countries who don't know what they are doing. It is now almost two weeks later, I am left with a broken 8 month old freezer and loss of food, and Electrolux is absolutely no help at all. I will never purchase any of their products again. I honestly believe that today, things are not made to last. They are made cheaply, so that they breakdown and you have to buy a new one, so the big, impersonal companies can fill their pockets with your hard-earned money.

no response from service center

I have a Washing Machine of Electrolux (Semi Automatic-760). Its spin tub is not working for last 10 days. I am trying the Customer Service contact numbers, but not able to contact anybody. Even their corporate number is not accessible. Is there any body who can listen to my complaint.

SK Mittal
Ph +91 [protected].

Resolved bad service

May 11 2005, we purchased the best set of appliances Electrlux Home Products make, Frigidaires Pro Series, On...

no response

I purchased a Electrolux Refrigerator DFF40 in year 2006. The Door bottle holder rack developed a crack and a complaint no. CHD5I [protected] was lodged at the Chandigargh service center of the company. No response has been recd after 3 weeks of complaint and on my checking with their Ludhiana office, have been told that Electrolux does not provide any parts for the imported units by them. I was not told this at the time of purchase nor written in their brochure.

Their customer service is worse than their product.

very poor service and rude

This service is very unprofessional and the service is very poor.
We do acknowledge that the older/senior seasoned repair represenatives are very good and understand that the customer comes first. It is the younger and non-senior repair men that are very unprofessional and rude. The company needs to examine the way they do business before they will be forced to close their doors.

Part of the issue is the delivery of damaged parts from Frigidaire the other issue is the inept service represantive. We have had this company to our home 6 times with out resolution and the last service rep was very nasty and rude.

The company over works these repair men with a very long day but that is no excuse for unprofessional and rude behavior.

We know have a letter that has every service problem with A & E as well as every problem encountered with the Frigidaire product and replacement parts. The Warranty Group is also at fault for contracting with such a poor service company.

We have called A & E, Frigidaire, and The Warrenty Group to document our experience and logged a formal complaint with no response from any one. We have had it and we will now send a formal letter by mail to the Corporate Offices of each one of these companies and to the Dept of Consumer Affairs.

Our Frigidaire Oven is still not repaired and it has been a good month since we placed all our complaints and we still have not received a new replacement part nor a call back from any of the three companies involved.

We have no option but to take further action.

anthony freelove Aug 25, 2008

I am going through a similar thing and I would NEVER buy a Fridgaire product again. If it is the clock assembly also known as the "Mother Board" to the tune of $350.00, I am told that they are known to burn out frequently.
    All the Authorized service companies will not return your call if they know it is for Fridgidaire because I have been told they are the most difficult company to deal with.
    I think moving their call center back to the USA may help.
    Good Luck

Chris Polk Sep 09, 2008

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on Complaintsboard.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you, so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so, please send me your contact information and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number, if available, so that I can research this matter.

Again, I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely

Chris Polk
    Escalation Specialist
    Electrolux Major Appliances
    [email protected]

frigidaire, unreliable junk

I bought a frigidaire side by side refrigerator less than a year ago. I trully felt frigidaire was a good...

7 comments Stephens City Appliances

heat pump failures

In August 2006 I purchased a Frigidaire single package heat pump (puron) to replace my old, inefficient unit...

dishwasher vents out the sides

Okay, where to begin? I've read so many complaints about Frigidaire appliances that I'm shocked!...

poor customer service

We purchased a refrigerator on Wednesday May 21, 2008. It was delivered on Tuesday May 27, 2008. On Friday May 30 noticed it was leaking water on the floor. Called Bad Boy. Was told to call manufacturer. Called Electrolux on Friday May 30 called electrolux. Was given name of authorized repair acility in London. A tech was dispensed on Tuesday June 3. Was told it needed a part. Part was to be ordered. Told by repair facility on Friday June 6 part was back ordered. Call electrolux. Nothing they can do. Does not matter if water is leaking and food is being ruined. Electrolux is not repsonsible. Called Bad Boy to get fridge replaced. Bad Boy said they could replace fridge if we had not called electrolux, even though a week earlier they said they can do nothing and we must call elctrolux, the manufcaturer. Tech came out Monday June 16 to replace defective part. Today June 17, fridge is STILL leaking water on the floor. So if you want poor customer service and a crappy product. Buy an electrolux product from Lastmans Bad Boy. The next time you are watching a Bad Boy commercial an dthey aske the question "Who's better than Bad Boy". Answer the question EVERYBOOOODY is better!!

Resolved bad product and service

We bought a washer/dryer from Lowes. It chewed up all of our clothing a few items at a time. Frigidaire (Electrolux) wouldn't help at all (their "repairs" continued to replace the clothing-chewing parts with new clothes-chewing parts). Lowes wouldn't help at all.

Finally, after a 10-month nightmare of running test loads, screaming and crying to Electrolux, involving Better Business Bureau, washing my family's laundry by hand and line drying it all in the back yard (I have 3 children under the age of 6) and thousands of dollars of damaged clothing, Lowe's consented to return my money for the monsters.

This is a design flaw. If you buy a Frigidaire washer/dryer, it WILL slowly but surely destroy whatever you put into it.

By the time you notice the problem and begin to identify the cause, it's too late to easily return/remedy the problem.

• Sh
    Shane May 01, 2009

I had the same issue with my Dryer, but since it was under the 1st year of warranty I had to go through GE, who transferred me to Electric Insurance, who transferred me to Electrolux the manufacturer of the dryer. Electrolux and Helen Haney were completely disrespectful and claimed nothing was wrong since the GE technicians never stated the dryer was defective in their reports. Although all THREE techs verbally stated it to us. After three visits GE replaced the dryer and claimed they had voided my extended warranty with Lowes!!! Note, GE still says there was nothing wrong with the dryer, but the replacement had a ring that ran around the opening that prevented our clothes from being shredded. Yes, the orginial was missing the ring completely!!! That is a defect! So a $1, 000 of damaged clothes and Electrolux comes back finally and offers $125 with the signing of a letter stating they are not at fault. I'm going to court!! This is the worst service I've ever had thanks to GE and Electrolux.

non working poor service

I have purchased a electrolux refrigerator in august 2005 model dff44, 445 ltrs, but from the first month the refrigerator has not working properly and the same time I made complaint to the service center, but they have not clear the problem due to non availibility of pcb etc. We again complaint them in july 2006 but still they are not solve the cooling problem and they give me in writing the non availibility of pcb & heater coil. Iam several time complaining to the company personals but every time they commited me to solve the problem but still the problem is not solved. Now I finally decided to go for consumer court in near future for this type of cheating by the reputed company.

• Ye
    YESH KUMAR Nov 04, 2011

I WAS PURCHASD A ELECTROLUX REFRIGERATOR DATE ON 10-10-11 BUT THE TWO DAY AFTER I HAVE SEE THE FRIGE LIGHT IS OFF AND VAGETABLE CRISPER NOB IS UNFIX I MADE COMPLAINT NO PDEL241011134 AFTER DAY THE TEC-CAME MY HOUSE CHANGE LIGHT BUT OTHER PROBLEM STILL NOW ITHE HAVE NO RESPONS.
    SURESH 9958898311

replacement of compressor with another faulty one.

Latest Complaint No. 22401 dt. 22/04/08 - My AC is in warranty period. Cooling is problem. Was told by the company that Compressor will be replaced. They replaced it on 24/03/08. Problem persists. Fed up with Company, got checked up with pri vate technician who confirms that the replaced compressor is also faulty one (for this job, though under warranty, I was charged 2250/- towards labour charges by M/s. Siddhi Refrigeration, appointed by the company to c omplete the
above job. Have tried to contact Mr. Vipul Shah, based at ahmedabad, but not able to get him over phone. His department directs me to different people/telephone Nos. whenever I try to
collow-up my complaint.

not satisfied with the product

Not at all satisfied with the product, within a 2 years of purchase of electrolux refrigerator, the timer...

poor product... worse service

I purchased an Electrolux Split AC in May 2007.
Within 60 days of purchase, the AC started giving problems with auto shutdown - though the engineers visited promptly the first time but not rectified for many months to come. The AC was opened up and the engineers were frustrated with the company for not providing the right replacement parts.
The problem was not rectified for over 6 weeks - on enquiring I found that the complaint was closed by the service agency - leave alone replacing the defective part, the service agency had even taken away the defective part. The AC was still not fixed up - it was still opened up with all parts lying around my house.
Post escalation to the head of service for delhi and all india (Both of whom need to learn basic etiquettes, I wonder how they landed up as customer service execs) the issue was finally resolved in Nov 2007. Once i started using the AC this season, the problems cropped up again. The head of service in Electrolux was obviously peeved to get a complaint from me again. The problem was supposedly rectified, but I am again facing issues with the AC shutting down and auto starting every five minutes.
Their helpline number [protected] is switched off.
My advise if "Never buy anyElectrolux Product". I want to give this AC as a gift back to the company CEO.

• Si
    SIYARAM Apr 09, 2012

I had purchased an AC of 1.5 Ton split type Electrolux on 27-5-2008 but the fan of the outdoor is not working since last year. The serial no. of the AC is R1/87/2008-2009. Kindly arrange to change the same immediately since this is still under warranty period.
    With regards,
    SIYARAM
    A-3/307 East Gokalpur near Loni chowk
    Amar colony Delhi -110094
    Ph: 011-22812500, Mob:-9412000445.

terrible customer service

Hi,

I purchased an Electrolux microwave 2 years back. The buttons have been giving some trouble for the last few days. I lodged a service request with the service center, they first promised to send a service engineer within 2 days. I did explain to them since we are all working people, they will have to stick to the day they have promised, so that we can ensure at least someone is at home to attend to the engineer. On the given day there was no sign of the engineer till late afternoon, so i finally called the customer service desk again and they coolly tell me that the person will not come that day. Thats the first time i threw a fit, how can they not keep their word, if they assure a customer, they have to stick by it.
Then the engineer comes and informs me that the control panel needs to be changed. I ask him to do the needful and ensure that the part is good and authorized by the company. he assures me the same. After 2 days the service engineer comes with the replacement part, only to my shock that the replacement part looked older than the used one in my microwave. It had scratches and the worst was there was no quality control stamp. When i called the Service Manager he tells me that since the parts are kept in the godown its quiet possible to have the scratches. They can give me only 3 months guarantee and if the part stops working again i can call them. Firstly the manager did not know how to speak to a customer as at one point he also told me that take what we have sent or just live with the faulty panel. Also when i asked why is a new piece not brought to the customers residence and then opened and fixed, he said he cannot do it, as all the pieces are kept in the godown and thats how it works. When i asked him for his supervisors number he insisted that he is the only one and he takes all the decisions. The person was extremely rude, discourteous and had no clue what customer service means. This kind of service from a company like electrolux is disgusting and bad.

• Dr
    Dr Kavita Syal Mar 30, 2010

I purchased an Electrolux microwave with convection 4 years ago. It worked fine initially but the convection always mal functioned. I complained a few times - the necessary repairs were done but never lasted long. On the 10th of March 2010 the microwave packed up. I complained again and was told the element needed to be replaced. After repeated phone calls today I am told that my microwave is OBSOLOTE (obsolete I presume) very rudely and cannot be repaired. This could have been done initially so why was I made to wait for almost 20 days.
    I have now decided to get rid of it and purchase of another brand.
    SHAMEFUL SERVICE.

Dr Kavita Syal
    [email protected]

• Ve
    Ved P Jul 13, 2011

I have a Electrolux Microwave. It is now out of warranty. It is used on very rare occations. It was purchased from Vijay Sales in Thane. While cleaing the body of the Microwave the instructions written on the dashboard/buttons got wiped off. After complaining the servce person told that if you are going to clean it slightly hard the instruction will go off even if you purchase a new pannel the same thing will happen. My query to Electrolux is why is such a material is used which gets wiped off while cleaning. Any item in the Kitchen is bound to get dirty and will require cleaning. I need explaination why should i pay 750/- Rs. for a faulty product from the companey
    RP