Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail Logo

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail

Having problems with Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail?

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 28, 2009. The latest review Friendly's peanut butter cup sundae. was posted on Aug 28, 2021. The latest complaint rude and dirty was resolved on Jun 28, 2011. Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 123 reviews. Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail has resolved 7 complaints.

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail Customer Service Contacts

1855 Boston Road
Wilbraham, Massachusetts

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail Customer Service. Initial Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail. Discuss the issues you have had with Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Friendly's Ice Creamtake out ice cream

I went to get take out ice cream on March 13. I ordered a bannana split and there were no bannanas on it. I also ordered a hot fudge sundae with Oreos but got no Oreos. I called back and they told memo could come back but I was already 20 minutes away at home and it was 9. We go to Friendly's quite often and have been very disappointed in the take out

Friendly's Ice Creamcaramel swirl 1.5 qt ice cream

This is the 2nd container that I have bought at my local Shop Rite in Philadelphia that hardly has any caramel in it. I eat at least 3 containers a week, and there is always a good bit Caramel in. I'm very disappointed and hope this is only a 2 time thing and that you have not cut back on the Caramel. I hope that you will be able to resolve my complaint

Ken Lewandowski

Friendly's Ice Creamservice at the norwood ma friendlys

Hi
      My family and I were there on Sunday Feb 26, 2017. We got there around 10:30 the restaurant looked empty it took someone 10 minutes to acknowledge that we were there. Our waitress was very rude and we were seated at 10:50 which meant we almost did not get breakfast served. By the time our meal came breakfast was over and my sons pancakes were burned we did not wait to say anything because the manager and wait staff were already having a fight with each other. Then other people were seated to eat breakfast they would not let them order breakfast they were going to order lunch but the manager was so rude to them they walked out. We almost walked out also. Just thought I would let you know customer service goes a long way. I also said excuse me like five times to different employees because I wanted more coffee no one seemed to hear me.

Michelle Higgins

Friendly's Ice Cream"bad experience"

My Family and I had dinner on 2/14/17. I already wrote e a complaint but I think it got erased for some reason on this set up, so I am doing it again. Basically, the overall was terrible. Not communication and bad service. Waited 30 mins at the door, that was fine but no one took any names so everyone was just standing there. The boy server was polite and the girl was extremely rude and mean to her co-workers and the customers, an she was even doing a good job. The manager was on the phone another man was just standing there. Finally got to a table to just sit there. and sit. Finally an order was taken to have 10mins go by for them to say they forgot it. took order again ( she was rude) then food came out in shifts. Kids were done and I just got my food. Also we didn't get all the food either. We paid for the food we didn't receive. Ordered Ice cream to have it wrong twice, server didn't care she was leaving with still having tables. I felt awful for the table in front of me she waited longer and still had no food when I wanted to leave. I am really upset I had to pay for food I didn't get and ice cream that was wrong. They kept telling all the tables around us Ice cream was on them for the issues well not mine, mine was wrong I took it home wrong and paid, I don't mind paying, but we didn't even get an apology just a dirty look when she got $4 tip she was lucky she got anything. I go there during the day and it is so different. IT is badly managed and employees are not trained enough nor do they care. Every table in the place was dirty, no communication so if a table got sat no one knew it. And to top it all off when we left outside, they were on the back steps smoking pot. I'm not dumb I knew what it was and for my kids to ask what that smell is, really. I am not happy, and I really would like to someone to contact me with some kind of apology. I have the receipts to show you, but its in PDF form and would like to email to you if someone contacts me. I have so much to say I could type for hours that's how bad it was. My email is [protected]@gmail.com PLease contact me asap

Friendly's Ice Creamall american half pound double cheeseburger

To Whom It May Concern:

On Monday, January 16th at 6:30pm, we stopped at your Friendly's restaurant and ordered a big beef half pound double American cheeseburger meal with extra cheese and a cup of ice cream to go. I even showed the young man the picture from the menu, so that he would not mistake the burger with a different one. We live 40 minutes away, so when we arrived home, we noticed the half pound double cheeseburger was actually a quarter pound single cheeseburger. We had paid more for the larger burger and due to our distance, the option of returning to your restaurant was no longer an option for us. We were disappointed with having paid more and expected more, having received so little. In regard to the ice cream, my eleven year old son ordered ice cream cake ice cream and had received cookie dough ice cream. So the entire order was incorrect.

Sincerely and Respectfully,
          Mr. Devon Chase

Friendly'sfood

We stopped at Friendlys on our way home from picking my daughter up from college, I have been to many friendlys many times. The food was horrific at this friendlys and when I complained I was told its on the $5.55 menu that what you get, just try it. I do not feel like me and my family were treated properly or did they try to solve our issue.

12/13/16
            Tannersville, PA

Friendly'shorrible service

My family and i decided to have breakfast at the Coram, NY store #7630. We have had breakfast here Numerous times and Cannot be more Happy with the service that we get from Sabrina. She has always treated me with respect as a Disabled Veteran. However on this day the Service by Sabrina was excellent as usual but it took a long time for our breakfast to come out and when it did it was ice cold. The only staff in the restaurant was Sabrina and a new Cook. I have spent a lot of money in friendly's over the years and usually get a great breakfast. However this time has really made me think about how the corporate office keeps track of these locations and the customer satisfaction. I am hoping to give friendly's another try however this will be the last time if something isn't done and customer service is not your top priority.

Friendly'swaitress/waiting

We had dinner last night in Geneva, NY. We waited for over 20 minutes for waitress to bring my granddaughter her ice cream. It never happened! Couldn't even get her attention! My husband paid the bill at the table along with a tip she didn't deserve! I had to stop on my way out and tell them and they got the waitress who acted like there was nothing wrong! I will never again pay a tip before my service is completed! I told her that too! 😬

Friendly'sterrible food and service

My husband and I decided to have lunch at Friendly's today. When the waitress brought the coffee we ordered, we asked for regular milk as we preferred it over the provided creamers. My coffee was weak and barely lukewarm. My husbands, was strong and tasted burnt; we had both ordered decaf. The milk appeared watery, so I asked the waitress if it was whole milk; she said it was 1%, which we do not drink. We asked for and received hot coffee and used the creamers. I had to ask for another spoon because the one that came with the menu, was heavily soiled.
                  I ordered a plain medium hamburger with just lettuce and tomato, no onion, and a side of onion rings. My husband ordered a well done plain hamburger with fries, also with no onion, explaining that we do not eat cheese and meat together. He specified that the only lettuce he eats is iceberg. We both received bacon cheeseburgers with the works; we sent them back. In the almost 40 minutes that had passed we drank the coffee, I ate some of the onion rings and my husband ate some unsalted fries because the salt grinder was impossible to turn. When I commented on that to the waitress, she acknowledged and agreed.
                  When our hamburgers arrived, we discovered that there was mayonnaise on the bottom part of the bun and dark green leaf lettuce. Needless to say, we each ate only part of the bun, and burgers with no seasoning.
                  To say when we left we were both frustrated and disappointed, is like saying "water is wet".

• Vf
                      Vflohr May 24, 2016

We were at Friendlys two weeks ago and we ordered salads -- first of all their salads used to be really nice and big in a huge salad bowl. The salads they serve now are hard to eat on a small platter with no edge on it and the plate was small. Definitely not worth the $8.99 they charge for a salad which is to serve as a meal and not as a side salad. We will def not be returning to Friendlys anytime soon.

Friendly's Restaurantbad experience

I had breakfast at the friendlys location in Middletown.ct. after my family and I finished eating, this trashy blonde woman (waitress)asked if we were going to pay with cash and I watched her put the money in her pocket and gave me change from her pocket. Not one time did she open the register. Please look into this matter !

Jamie Aug 08, 2009

The friendly's is very slow. Waited 10 min. for waitress to take our order and 20 min. to get our food.

Friendly's Restaurantunclean

I was a customer at Friendly's in Middletown CT on 9/25/11. The store had a flood after hurricane Irene. I didn't know about the flood until I arrived with my mother. Upon entering the store there was a strong smell of mold. The waitress offered us a seat at the front next to the door where the odor was. I asked to be seated to the back of the restaurant. The table she offered next to the door was wiped down with a filthy towel because you could see all the dried swirls in the tabletop. At the table we were seated at, the napkin holder is covered in a ring of black dirt. I looked around and most of the napkin holders had the same filthy black rings around them. This wasn't mold it was months and months of dirt build up. The salt and pepper shakers felt covered in grease. I think it's time that this Friendly Restaurant gets gutted out and gets a new face lift. It's old and dirty. I will never go back to this restaurant again.

Friendly's Restaurantpoor food/slow service

On this past Sunday, my son and his family went to Friendly's Restaurant located in the Delco Plaza in Hicksville. We been to the restaurant before, but not for an early dinner. The waitress was young, but inexperienced. We requested ice cubes for our drinks because the drinks were warm and need more iced cube. Finally, our requested was heeded. We ordered and after waiting at least a half an hour, our dinners were brought to us.
                        All of our dinners were mediocre...I can't imagine diners not comment not only on the quality of the food but also the lack of quality service. I realize this establishment is basically a restaurant for families with children, but that does not negate the reason for good food and trained personal. After this experience our family will avoid going to this establishment.

chelseaduhh Aug 20, 2011

Friendly's should only be a dessert place. I had their appetizer platter and it just didnt taste very good. And they do tend to hire very unexperienced waiters and it isnt the waiters fault, they just arent trained well. I even asked one of them because we looked similar in age and he said that he had no training and he was there for a month

Friendly'srude and dirty

I had taken my younger brother here a few weeks ago on a day off from school. I pulled into the parking lot and there were absolutely no parking spots available. I assumed that since it was lunch hour they were just busy, so I took my brother on a shopping trip for a little while and upon return it was still jam packed. The restaurant is small, but the parking lot was tiny, I figured maybe since it was packed I could call in and see if I could get a spot saved or an estimated time as to when it might die down. The woman was extremely rude and said "I can't save you a spot, " which was fine I understood that, but continued on to say "just park across the street it's not like it's that far...there is tons of seating in here." As I went to say bye she had hung up. So, I parked across the street and crossed the road with my young brother and went in to find that there was one table available in a small nook. I was excited because it was quieter, but apparently our waitress couldn't see us because it took her 15 minutes to finally come over to us.
                          By that point we were ready to order and she told us that she would just start off with drinks and come back. After drinks and ordering our food, it had finally arrived. I had ordered a typical burger with fries, no complaints. My brother on the other hand had yet to eat today and ordered Mac and Cheese. I noticed he wasn't eating and said he wasn't hungry, that is when I noticed there was still powdered cheese all over his hard macaroni and some of it was burnt, I felt terrible and he didn't even want to eat my fries. I figured I would get him the ice cream and that went fine.
                          This place is tiny and disgusting. It looks like they never mop the floors, it is dark and dingy. The employees are rude and the service is terrible, I used to love going to Friendly's when I lived in Maine, but now I can do without.

• Ti
                              tiburon1 Mar 25, 2013

Last time I check Friendly's didn't have valet parking. I'm assuming you went during the weekend. Just imagine; your an employee at Friendly's and your trying to catch up to orders on a busy day and a person calls you up and asks you to save them a car spot, won't you be a little irritated? I know I would. If the place is busy, be aware the dinning area is going to be somewhat messy and service will not be prompt. I will give you credit on the food of course it should have been cooked right.

Friendly'semployment

I worked for this Friendly's location for a day and a half. that's it. I was hired based on availability I provided, but the manager, Heather, attempted to coerce me into closing on days when I could not since I have a 3 year old at home and a working spouse. On my first day, I was given very little training, and waited on several tables by myself while my "trainer" went on several smoking breaks, which are not supposed to be allowed. I was made to log in as a greeter so I waited on people but the other waittress pocketed the tips. The restaurant was filthy and procedure was ignored by almost everyone. Day 2: Heather corners me again and rudely askes me if I am going to be able to close on fridays and saturdays. I told her, no, I cannot get a sitter to stay until 11pm. She told me I was worthless to her and that I should quit now because I would not have a job if I didn't. This was 10 mins into my shift. And after I had spent about $60 on uniforms. I called the district manager who apologized and is refunding me the cost of uniforms. I WOULD NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AGAIN!

Friendly'shair in food!

Going into friendly's hasnever been such a disappointment. However, on january 6, 2011, i decided to go to Friendly's for my lunch break. Little did i know that when i order my cryspy chicken ceaser wrap with french fries that took about 15 minutes to make, was top with a mini hairball (HAIR!) I had no clue of this until i actually was about to eat it. I then decided to go back to the restaurant to tell the manager of this unpleasant disgusting mistake they had made. I had to wait another 20 minutes for my money to be refunded into my debit card, which at the end it took more than an hour for my money to be giving back. In addition, they never tried to make me feel better about a severe mistake that they had made. The manager proceeded very poorly throughtout the whole procedure and never made an offer to make-up for the mistake. At the end, I never had the chance to have my lunch because they took up all of my time that they didn't even apoligize mannerly. It's a big disappointment that i will not forget and will think twice before going into another Friendly's Restaurant.
                              Server: Michelle (6741), Linda Andre

• Ov
                                  overthis4404 Feb 01, 2011

THANK GOD you said this. I used to work there and quit because I HAD to give those to people. Its Horrible you have to act all nice and say its a 2 week TRIAL...but you DONT tell them if they dont cancel in 2 weeks it will CHARGE the credit card you used a lot of money...the money it cost to have the subscription. lol sorry just had to say...worst place ever to work.

Friendly's — overpriced meal/ embarrassment

This is the fourth time that this particular friendly's had poor service. I kept going back only because...

Friendly's Ice Creamrude and unfair

We went there for some ice cream, it was a very hot weekend. The manger was very rude to us and to the poeple that were waiting for there ice cream. Take took forever to to take my order, he kept telling me to repeat what I was saying. Then one of my sundaes were done and was melting and she started to make someone else order. So I was sitting there waiting for the rest of my order and my ice cream was melting. I payed $ 4.50 for a milk shake, and I got this small coffee cup. Because than ran out of the regular cups. I will never go back to that Friendly's Ice Cream. Not happy!!

• Dr
                                    D Rovero Sep 03, 2012

Stopped at Friendlies in Webster, MA today September 3. Went inside at about 10:05 am gave our order and after 45 minutes was served. My wife's pancakes were cold and my armlet was terrible. Waitress presented the bill and said sorry for the long wait. I told her that my armlet was the worse that I have ever had. I do not know if it was a bad day for the chef or what but this kind of service and food will not have people coming back.

Friendly's — filthy restaurant

OMG! This place is FILTHY! I always dread going in there because it's never clean! The floors look as if...

Friendly's — uncooked food

My Mom & I usually go to Friendly's either for breakfast or supper.Last night, I ordered The All...

Friendly's — poor service/long wait

Me and my husband and 2 kids went out to eat at friendly's we waited 12 minutes for a waitress to even...