Menu
Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail
reviews & complaints

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

131 complaints
7 resolved 124 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
1:33 pm EDT

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Friendly's Strawberry Cake Krunch 6 bars

Bought 2 boxes of this product because they were on sale and cheaper than the other name brand I usually purchase. I was very disappointed. The product was nothing like it stated or looked like on the box. Each bar had more vanilla ice cream and a small ribbon of pink inside. You can barely taste any strawberry flavoring as well. The outside did not have the amount of cake Krunch as shown in the picture as most of the bar was white. I frequent Friendly's restaurants and buy 1/2 gallon tubs of ice cream. Never a disappointment, but I cannot say that about this product I tried. I was very disappointed, hopefully you will rethink this formula and make a change. Thank you for your time.

D Walker

Desired outcome: More strawberry filling that tastes like strawberry and more cake coating

5:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Friendly's Super Stuffed Peanut Butter Brownie

I purchased a carton of Friendly's Super Stuffed Peanut Butter Brownie ice cream at the grocery store yesterday. I decided to enjoy a dish of it after lunch today. Wrong-o. Think again. Super Stuffed? Nope. Super Skimpy. The texture of the chocolate and vanilla ice creams was like crumbs, falling apart. Not one brownie chunk. No Peanut butter. Is this a joke? So, I put my own chocolate syrup and whipped cream on top. I am disgusted and I feel disappointed. The last few single serve sundae cups were not good, either.

I am done with Friendly's products. Not worth the price. Not a treat as one expects it should be.

S
3:11 pm EDT

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Strawberry Cake Crunch

Today, 4/3/22 I bought Friendly's brand Strawberry Cake Krunch from our local Weis. While eating one this afternoon. There was a sharp wooden shard in the ice cream. It stabbed the inside of my mouth and causing it to bleed and I immediately spit it out. I have not had an experience like this with this brand and was very concerned. Please see attached photos.

Desired outcome: I'd appreciate a response in regards to this situation. It was very concerning.

K
8:08 am EDT

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Vanilla ice cream (1.5 quart)

I had purchased a 1.5 quart of Friendly's Vanilla Ice Cream on March 31, 2022 at a local supermarket for a friend's birthday (Screenshot of receipt of purchase attached).

The ice cream container did not have the protective seal film underneath the lid, nor the perforated seal of plastic affixed to the top of the container as I observed other ice cream brands that do have the protective seal. After my friend ate the ice cream, she complained of gastrointestinal symptoms indicative of food borne illness.

As a suggestion, I am requesting that your company adapt more safety packaging measures in the adding of a protective seal to all the Friendly's Ice Cream product line. Also, in light of the current waning Covid-19 pandemic, I am certain this would help reduce the spread of Coronavirus-19 (SARS-Cov-2).

Appreciatively,

Kimberley Hartley

Desired outcome: Implementation of plastic film seal covers to be affixed to all Friendly's ice cream products.

C
6:39 am EDT

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - The Service Was Horrible Never Got Waited On

Walked In And Never Got Waited Or Nothing The Girl Was So Moody And Rude And It Smelled Really Bad In There And It Was So Dirty In There Then The Girl Acted Like We're Boughtring Her Other People Seen How Bad It Was The Kept Waiting On Other People First So Then Some Other People We're There That Also Didn't Get Waited On As Well This All Happend In Johnstown Ny So My And My Family Walked Out Very Upset And Not Happy Something Neededs To Be Done About This

10:46 am EST

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Cake half gallon ice cream

February 13th I bought a half gallon of the Friendly's (being my "only" favorite ice cream brand) ice cream cake ice cream from Shop Rite grocery store on South Main Street Southbury, CT. There was no chocolate crunchies in the vanilla side of the ice cream. I don't have the receipt anymore as I didn't think anything would be wrong with this item as it has never before been wrong.

Desired outcome: Please make this right with another one or coupon for

M
7:48 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Friendly Jubilee Roll

Very disappointed that this will be the first birthday in many years that I will not be enjoying a Friendly Jubilee Roll. My mother used to get me one for my Christmas birthday & my husband has carried on the tradition. He went today to get one and was informed they are not making them anymore. Thank you to Laurie of the Clay store for writing a note so he would not be on the poop list.

Y
3:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The employees were so loud I thought they were fighting. I was 1st to order and said it three times and pointed to the picture. Luckily we had appetizers my blood sugar was dropping. I ask where was my food everyone else had their food. She said they can make it really quick. I declined because I live with MS fatigue and had my niece with me.

5:15 pm EDT

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Friendly's peanut butter cup sundae.

I found a piece of what looks like a rubber gasket in my sundae! I bit into my ice cream and it also caused me to cracked my FRONT TOOTH! I have never had an issue like this before but I want it taken care of. I am not going to be able to work with a broken front tooth. I am beyond embarrassed and I almost swallowed this piece of rubber. I want a full refund, I would also like you to cover the cost of any bills due to my tooth being broken. As well as I want you to cover the lost wages for not being able to attend work while my tooth is being fixed. I would like someone to contact me any means necessary.
All my contact information will be listed below:
Name: Danielle Ross
Address : 7 Village Lane
Oxford, Maine 04270
Email: [protected]@gmail.com
Phone number: [protected]

This product was sold to me at Hannaford in Oxford, Maine.

Desired outcome: I want a full refund as well as the cost to fix my front tooth & any lost wages due to missed work.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is my $15 banana split I received from door dash tonight from Friendly's in Attleboro ma I was extremely mad and disappointed that they would ever send it this way look at the small container that spilled everywhere in my house it is not meant for ice cream at all it is a container for food and it is so small I have never got a banana split this small in my lifetime.

G
4:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Friendly's Fruit Swirl on a stick (?) no other description on box

I love Friendly's Orange Swirl Ice Cream/Orange Sherbet. I bought a box of orange sherbet/ vanilla ice cream bars. That was a special treat (so I thought) since I live alone and on tight budget.

When I had the first Swirl bar, it was only orange sherbet - no swirl of vanilla ice cream and looked absolutely not at a bit like the box depicted. It was solid orange sherbet. As I worked through the box, they were all the same. Just plain orange sherbet. That is not what I paid for.

I'm truly disappointed and won't buy them again, nor any other
Friendly's product.

Desired outcome: I paid $4.29 at Stop and Shop in Colchester, CT and would like a refund.

R

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Friendly’s caramel swirl ice cream

I recently bought a half gallon of Friendly's Caramel Swirl Ice Cream at my local ShopRite. When I opened it I was surprised not to see any caramel swirl. I figured it was lower. Well now I am down to less than half and there is NO caramel swirl! This is plain vanilla ice cream. Can you please refund me? I think the purchase price was $4.49. Thanks Rob DiLeo [protected]. Email robert.[protected]@hotmail.com

6:37 pm EST

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Ice cream purchase at Stop and Shop

Good day!I bought Big Chipper at Stop and Shop in Ansonia CT on 11/9/2020 one was not sealed in cellophane
Best by date 09/2022
Code 39-90-19:19.57 GL
UPC [protected]
I have another box and am hoping it will be okay
Just wanted to let you know
We are BIG Friendly fans and are sad we cannot visit local restaurants
Really loved the food dessert and extensive menus

8:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today, September 22nd 2020 I went into stop & shop in Fall River, Ma and bought a gallon of peanut butter friendlys ice cream. Upon opening it I noticed the entire top was vanilla, after scooping the ice cream into the bowl I noticed there was only one peanut butter cup in the entire gallon and the rest was all vanilla. I took multiple photos of this. I...

L
6:48 pm EDT

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - Product

My daughter and I ordered food for delivery. My 11.00 salad I ordered had on 3 strips of chicken (dried out) old tomatoes, melted cheese and lettuce. I had to throw out the tomatoes and cut my own. The quality of the chicken what little of it there was was horrible. Very disappointed this salad was 11.00!

7:14 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We went to Friendly's for breakfast yesterday 11/3/19. It was the worst expereience we have ever had at as restaurant. There were only 2 waitresses on and people were actually leaving because they weren't being waited on... One of the customers asked for a spoon for her tea and the waitress explained that they didn't have any clean spoons because they...

L
1:03 pm EDT

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - ice cream

I purchased a 1.5 quart of ice cream from my local ShopRite. Brought it home and put it in the freezer. Last night 8/29/2019 I went to have some and discovered that there were fork marks in each of the flavors (strawberry, chocolate, vanilla). I questioned everyone in the house to see if anyone had opened the ice cream and used a fork instead of the ice cream scoop and spoon. No one had touched the ice cream. Since your packaging is not a secure package I have to assume that someone tampered with it. It would be beneficial if you followed Breyers packaging and placed a seal around the top. I know that I cannot prove that it was tampered with, but I know it is true. I will not be purchasing any more of your ice cream until you have secure packaging. Anyone can tamper with that ice cream, it is not tamper proof.

Linda L. Wilbraham
165 Pennsylvania Avenue
Absecon, NJ 08201

[protected]@gmail.com

4:41 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As I was eating Friendly's Sundae Xtreme chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream from a newly opened container, I bit down on a very sharp metal fragment with sharp tips. It's about the size of 1/3 of a penny. Thankfully I didn't serve it to my young grandchildren. This could cause terrible damage. The date is 10/16/19 UPC code is [protected]. The code near...

N
9:44 pm EST

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail - ice cream

I go to friendlys atleast once a week always get a medium sundae now they come with 2 toppings correct ? If I ask for only peanut butter why every single time I literally get a drop of pb on top its ridiculous I pay $6 and always tip $1 I dont understand and this happens literally 8 out of 10 times and if you ask for extra peanut butter they charge you when 8 shouldn't ha e to ask for extra if I get 2 toppings and only want 1...drives ke absolutely insane

8:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was I. Your north haven Friendly's at 730 my waitress was very nice the manager Eric is unprofessional very rude it didn't want to take my 25% coupon off my bill was $65.00 dollars he said because of a kids order I had on there I ask for Separate receipt and he said he cannot give me a separate fee or I don't me on the kids meal I told him I come here all...

Friendly's Ice Cream / Friendly’s Manufacturing & Retail contacts